Fuck polymer

Polymer is fucking dumb. Ive never heard any good reasoning as to why people want this utterly retarded shit. Buy a real gun like a man and not some airshit hybrid.

Common arguments include:

>Polymer is as good as, if not better than metal!
Lol fuck no. Plastic is brittle by nature, and it will degrade 6 times faster than metal will ever rust. Not to mention the countless people who have had fingers and shit blown off after beleiving this stupid crap. Are you really retarded enough to think plastic is stronger than metal?

>It was a shitty handload!
Maybe, but atleast if your gun was made of metal, you might still have all your fingers.

>metal guns explode too!
But not nearly as many, nor as violently.

>X person/people bought it, so it's the best!
People are still buying useless shit they see on tv infomercials on impulse, as well as sig compacts despite their growing reports of exploding.

>Its innovation!
Its meme tier shit that someone made just because they could, and it holds no real advantage above its metallic counterpart.

>its more lightweight!
If youre too much of a pussy to carry around a pistol thats a couple ounces heavier, you shouldnt even own a gun.

>HUR HUR YUR A FUDD WHO CANT ACCEPT CHANGE
I Cant accept retarded logic soley based off of opinion and "muh space gun" brainlet argument.

I fuckin hate polymer, and the idiots who think its the best thing ever created.

Attached: image.jpg (641x653, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium#Health_concerns
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh boy another polymer hate thread, it's been 36 hours already?

my my what big tears you have

Good to know im not the only one.

Also you act like we endless topics to talk about

This

Atleast so far as militaries lighter is better, especially with things like pistols that'll rarely be used.

I agree. Also polymer guns are soulless. Striker triggers are never going to be as good as a hammer fired trigger. They feel like toys.

Ha!
GAAAAAAYYYYYY

You added Six extra people. Only OPs a fag

Yea I am

If you don't like it don't buy it. Hope this helps your problem

It didnt. Fuck you

You don't know what brittle means.

You dont understand this thread

Attached: 2C03CE1F-B699-4A77-BB84-699DFC92E2E5-6245-00001093BE8F895B_tmp.jpg (625x626, 33K)

Funny, I've personally seen more rusted steel guns than deteriorated polymer guns

>implying rust means its completely inoperable

>implying rust is more dangerous than explosive plastic

>Implying All polymer frame guns are Striker fired

>Implying that rust on a frame is going to be the thing that renders the firearm inoperable rather than the internals which both polymer and steel guns share
It's a stupid comparison of longevity to bring up, and you're a dumbass for whining about it

>Implying those rusted guns were in working condition

Youre the retard whining about a little orange metal. go fuck yourself you dumb nigger with the memory of a squirrel

>implying that just because its plastic its good forever

Look at the brain on this faggot

Agreed.

Aluminum is best IMO.

>light weight
>doesn't melt under heavy fire
>corrosion is rarely a problem, even in marine environments
>inexpensive, and easy to work with
>environmentally friendly
>feels nice

Guns that don't use aluminum receivers are doing it wrong.

>weak
>highly neurotoxic

You aluminum niggers only make me half as mad as polytwats

Attached: E8439167-00E5-4CF6-A83F-94A4C4DD9D10.png (528x272, 142K)

>highly neurotoxic

So don't fucking eat it.

That includes cooking with it, sambo.

>weak
When has an AR-15 receiver ever failed, where a stamped AK receiver wouldn't have also failed?

>highly neurotoxic

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium#Health_concerns
>there is evidence of some toxicity if it is consumed in amounts greater than 40 mg/day per kg of body mass

No

>40 mg/day per kg of body mass
OP has pica

I support this thread as a Jow Forumsowboy. The only acceptable cartridges are as follows:

>.32-30 WCF
>.44-40 WCF
>.30-30
>.45-70 Gov't (truly the only GOVERNMENT you can trust
>.45 Long Colt
>.45 Automatic Colt Pistol
>.44 Magnum
>.357 Magnum
>.38 Special
>.50-56 Sharps
>.30-06 Springfield
>.30-40 Krag
>12 Gauge

Lever Actions, Bolt Actions, 1911s, Single Action Armys, Model 29s, Model 10s, Army and Navy 1851s or 1860s, Remington 1858s, Remington 1875, Colt Walkers, Colt Dragoons, Coach Guns, Winchester 1897s, Remington Models 10s, Colt or Smith & Wesson M1917s, Henrys, Winchester 1873s, 1866s, 1894s and so many others are the true patrician weapons of the American Gunslinger. Iron, Steel and Wood are what made this Nation great, polymer will be left in the dust where it belongs.

Attached: The only thing you truly need.jpg (625x438, 30K)

>where has an ar failed

Hmmm....

Getting run over? Maybe?

You win this round aluma-nigger.

you've got a good point there. I guess I'm just a hammer snob really but I prefer metal framed to polymer framed

what about .444 marlin

If you don't own a lever gun, or plan to own a lever gun, you aren't a man yet

Perfectly fine. Full power rifle and pistol cartridges are for men.
Exactly, until you've flourished a lever action, slide-fired an 1897 or meticulously cleaned and oiled a Smith & Wesson Model 29 or Single Action Army, then you have a long way to go.

Attached: Perfect.jpg (1350x600, 84K)

But why though. Whats so special

In terms of evolution, firearms have outgrown this phase of their development. Semi is better in every single aspect.

I get theyre cool but

>semi is better in every single aspect
>they are cool BUT
You are to far gone user. Until you've held, fired, hunted or trekked with a Lever Action, then you really won't understand. It's hard to describe, but you have the sense that you feel like a true Rifleman, there is some power behind that cartridge you are firing, and some serious accuracy to boot. Don't become to polymerized, pick up a steel shooter sometime and you'll know what we're talking about.

Attached: 1873 Type 3.jpg (1500x1000, 309K)

Anyone can be a fucking fag, no one is safe from the banter.

Go to your LGS tomorrow and fingerfuck a few leverguns. You'll see why they're special. They're perfectly balanced and made to be something that comes with you through everything, that gets the shit kicked out of it and keeps on ticking. They hearken back to a time when men were men and they carried around hunks of wood and steel to protect themselves and kill burrs and shit. There's something about a gun with wood and steel, especially an older one made in a time when American craftsmanship was truly in its heyday...an intangible that you just don't get with modern mass produced ARs and plastic fantastic shit. It's not about where it's at in terms of "firearm evolution," it's about finding a tool that feels like it's meant for you.

>you feel like a true Rifleman
THAT'S it. These rifles hearken back to a day and age when one of the things that truly set Americans apart was a devotion to marksmanship. Pretty much up until the modern era, Americans have always placed a lot more emphasis on the mastery of the rifle than everyone else has.

To add to this...I keep an AR under my bed for HD...but I take my Win94 with me when I go out on adventures. I do this knowing that my AR would be more than plenty for what's out in my neck of the woods, and it would work just fine...but my AR doesn't feel like a companion. My Win94 does.

>grug no like polymer
>metal grow in ground
>wood grow in tree
>grug can pick up ground and trees
>grug no understand polymer
>polymer make grug angry

Attached: caveman1234567890987654321.jpg (846x468, 48K)

This is the lowest IQ post I've seen on Jow Forums in at least a few hours, and I was just on /b/.

So I'm not the only one that feels taking an AR15 out seems strange. Riding in the woods or marsh just feels, weird with an AR15 on my back rather than my 1897 or 1860. I don't know, it doesn't match almost. But to your other post, mastering reloading, firing and marksmanship with a Lever Action or a Revolver, whether Single Action or Double, just feels like an immense accomplishment. Anyone can do "tactical" reloads on their AR or AK, but flourish a reload from your belt or pouch and into that loading gate quickly and skillfully is something can't be beat. It's like cycling a bolt on an old milsurp, it's just more fun than pointless magdumps. There is some action, some movement, some sound and feeling to it all. A lever action just takes the capacity and speed up a few notches.
You have no power here polymerjew

Attached: 182836351623123451.jpg (800x415, 36K)

>grug smart man of his tribe
>grug no believe in big sky daddy
>other tribe uglier than grug
>grug no like noses
>grug like rust and splinters grug real man

Attached: caveman-british-teeth--mw-100132-1.jpg (640x868, 93K)

But I ironically believe in Big Sky Daddy.

Attached: 13827683_3.jpg (1200x371, 75K)

Get mad fag I hope you die

Attached: JREN4yC.jpg (1324x1580, 572K)

I hate you too nigger

What's a good pistol that has a steel or aluminum frame that is as reliable as a Glock?

>Buy a real gun like a man
Absolutely Boomer

>Plastic is brittle by nature
There isn't just one kind of plastic you drooling mongoloid

>Not to mention the countless people who have had fingers and shit blown off
This happens with steel-framed guns too. It's a problem with idiots and handloading not with the material of the gun.

>Maybe, but atleast if your gun was made of metal, you might still have all your fingers.
Unlikely, but you very well might have a large shard of metal embedded in your chest. You can always tell when fudd-tier retards have no clue how guns work. In order for a gun to blow up the pressure has to escape from the chamber and locking action which are both made of metal in every gun and the strongest parts of every gun. What material the frame is made out of is completely irrelevant.

>But not nearly as many, nor as violently.
Both of these statements are untrue. It's just that super butthurt fanboys like yourself start peeing your pants in excitement as soon as you see a picture of a broken glock and go post it to every possible forum you can thus reaffirming your own bias.

That plus the fact that because polymer guns are just more popular in the market today, the statistical likelihood of them being bought by the kind of idiots who make stupid handloads is naturally going to be higher.

>it holds no real advantage above its metallic counterpart.
Bullshit. It's dramatically lighter, cheaper, easier to manufacture and work with, will flex instead of crack, can't rust, can't adhere to your skin when it's freezing cold, can have the pattern or color integrated directly into the material so there is no need for finishes that wear off, and allows companies to produce an 80% handgun lower that can be finished in about 5 minutes with a Dremel tool.

>If youre too much of a pussy
Of all of the Boomer arguments this is the Boomerest

>I Cant accept retarded logic soley
You can't spell either apparently

Attached: 962.jpg (700x436, 49K)

With OP's IQ that's going to be a bit of a challenge

Here here. Bravo!. Bellisomo !
Much agreements I have with this

Attached: OCELOT.gif (255x138, 974K)

Cz

P226
92 series

>Revolver Ocelot
[Revolver Ocelot]

You're pretty good

Attached: umaru chans.gif (540x304, 935K)

OP is butthurt he spent all his range time clearing jams while his Wündernine buddies gave him shit for it.

Attached: 35616269_888896454637425_6647843779107618816_n.jpg (720x720, 50K)

Attached: Check'em Ocelot.png (800x662, 687K)

>P226

yeah that's what I was thinking.

>Its meme tier shit that someone made just because they could, and it holds no real advantage above its metallic counterpart.
It's made by companies so they can save money but charge more under the guise of "innovation" and retards eat it up. Like many "innovations" it's main purposd is to transfer money from the wallets of idiots to the wallet of the person who made it up.

Use stainless steel, problem solved.

So where does the H&K MK23 fit into this faggotry? Overpriced or not, only an idiot would deny that it's the most over engineered and durable semi auto pistol out there. And it has a polymer frame.

Attached: 39a6c75644b246daa2882f1219c69742.jpg (1536x934, 281K)

no regrets whatsoever with mine.
functions flawlessly no matter what kind of ammo i put through it.
probably never get rid of it. But if I had to, it would be the last gun I would ever sell.
only downside on mine is the lack of a rail tho

Attached: perfektpair.jpg (2016x1512, 903K)

Is this the same guy that did the knife pocket clip thread?

or this vp70z first polymer pistol and it was great. durable as hell. even was made as a machine pistol and held up to fullauto

Attached: 300px-Vp70z.jpg (300x225, 14K)

No.

Fuck you, fuck your ideas, and fuck stainless.

If you are actually OP, you know i'm agreeing with you right?

I did not know.

And yes, I am op.

What's your issue with stainless btw? It fixes one of the main issues with steel which is rust

>Plastic is brittle by nature
No...

>it will degrade 6 times faster than metal
If you engineer properly, then no it won't meaningfully degrade.

>Are you really retarded enough to think plastic is stronger than metal?
You don't understand material science.

Look at this image. See how the material properties change with temperature? See how the material properties are stable under earthly conditions?
Did you know that there is an entire field called polymer engineering, and there are far more things you can do from an engineering perspective to influence the material properties of polymers than you can with metallurgy?

Attached: PT1017-KH-Materials1.jpg (560x466, 47K)

>>it will degrade 6 times faster than metal
>If you engineer properly, then no it won't meaningfully degrade.
Alright even though I just called him a caveman for disliking polymer heat and moister can fuck that shit up.
squishy squishy

stainless steel or plated steel is GOAT
anything else is a design comprise for cheapness
The advatange of polymer being you can create a similar quality product at lower cost since the frame will be drastically cheaper than traditional steel or aluminuim

Id say polymer is underutilized as manufactueers could make simple sheet metal frames for weighting and polymer coat over it like the metal swiss cheese glock

and the nice thing is, just like your ar-15 if you ever had the misfortune to have a catastrophic failure you'd likely still have all your fingers and full functionality of your hand and or hands. Can't say the same with polymer frames. Don't get my wrong I think polymer is great for mags and accessories, just not for a gun frame/receiver.

>didn't take into account moisture
Like I said, properly engineered. Also, that meme was from it being left in a like 160 in a car.

there's also the satisfaction you get from interfacing with something that requires more user input to function. It's like driving a manual transmission car. Objectively, there are better and faster systems out there. But subjectively, nothing makes you feel as in control.