Used to think AR's were ugly, and boring

>Used to think AR's were ugly, and boring
>Bought one, and now I really like them
Any guns that you hated at first, and now like?

Attached: IMAG0082-900x507.jpg (900x507, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

e-sarcoinc.com/451911autobuildkitlessframe.aspx
e-sarcoinc.com/frm-rockislauto1911parkerizedframe.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not hate, but i was very indifferent to the mp5. yeah, iconic, 80s/90s operator cool, whatever. it didnt really do anything for me. then i shot one and
now i want one so bad.

M9. I got a real good deal one one and fell in love with it. I think I had a negative taste with it from using it in the military

AMD 65: really don’t even know why I disliked it anymore

PSL: started liking them when they became rare unfortunately. I got a good deal with a few hundred rounds and some mags fortunately

Didn't like Glocks because they were so common and blocky feeling. Bought/sold/traded numerous automatic pistols over the years until a banged up 23 landed in my lap for an irresistible price. Many automatic pistols have come and gone since, but the Glock 23 has proven itself. I can always shoot it well. I've neglected it, beaten on it, fired sketcky ammo through it, even threw it 30yd overhand (unloaded of course) as a "FRAG OUT!" Joke. Still runs like a top. It has earned a place as my go-to shit-is-going-down handgun. I still like my revolvers more, but the Glock does the real work if called upon.

As for AR-15s, once I got into them I just lost interest. Built a pencil barreled PSA middy that I was mildly fond of but it just made me wish that AR-18s were more of a thing. Closest thing I can get to that is a Kel-Tec SU16.

ruger pc carbine is p neato senpai

Scorpion evo3.
Thought they were irredeemably ugly until I saw the micro conversion and then had to have one. Now it's my favorite gun.

the uzi is the best 9mm smg. prove me wrong.

Kikes
Grip safety

ive never handled an uzi so i cant comment. coincidentally, like my perception of the mp5 before, it doesnt do anything for me. looks cool, thats about it.

M9, because back in the day I had objectively awful taste and I thought it "looked dumb."
I've since repented of my ways. Just picked up a PT92 (I like the safety/decocker a lot better) and I absolutely adore it

it has a bayonet lug and is 9x19, of course it is. and as said, those are the only bad things about it.

I used to think ARs were plastic poodle shooters and AKs were for real men. Then I handled and AK and it felt like a garden tool and I built an AR that handled beautifully for me.

That's the only good thing Taurus ever made, no shame in having a PT92

>garden tool
Because it was for the workers in the first place.

Used to hate 1911s. Then I bought a Dan Wesson and I realized I just hate Springfield Armory.

I had a similar experience. I resisted the G19 meme for years. Got Sigs, Berettas, CZs, etc., anything but a glock. Eventually decided to give it a try because it was so hyped and initially I really didn't like it for the usual reasons: the crummy trigger and the odd ergos. I resolved to diligently work on it for a couple months and it ended up becoming my go to handgun.

their 1911s are pretty solid too. I have one of those as well and it's really a fantastic gun, especially for the price. Taurus had a big problem with lemons for a while, but it seems like they've gotten their shit together (or at least more together) and I honestly feel like their newer stuff is pretty decent, especially for what you're paying. The G2 Millennium is an awesome carry pistol.

ptr91/g3

I always wanted a FAL, but got a deal on a used PTR. after a while, it grew on me. Then I put on the wide handguard and it is the most elegant looking battle rifle.

Attached: c.jpg (1390x782, 504K)

>first day on the rifle team
>apparently some local police are buddy buddy with it, come down to see people shoot, etc.
>one of the officers in question asked us if we wanted to hold an m4
>ohok.png
>everyone lines up to hold and aim it, basically glorified finger fucking but not shooting it
>wanted one ever since
I never thought much of them beforehand aside from being a weapon in CoD/Battlefield, but that changed pretty quickly. Hell and I'm more of a battle rifle/wood and metal guy.

I initially didn't think much of lever-actions, but I got one in .357 Magnum and it's a pretty fun gun. Could be useful as a home defense weapon using .38 Specials indoors.

>adore
>taurus
literal fag

They're really nice little carbines in semi-auto, and pretty damn great subguns.

Glocks aren't exciting guns, but damn if they don't just fucking run and take no shit.

Until the MP5 really got into form, yeah.
Love the thing, by the way, extremely good for its time.

Attached: 13129406_591371737694101_2106012816_n.jpg (640x640, 152K)

I don't love Israel (indifferent about jews), but their guns are cool.
Also, for open-bolt subguns, grip safeties are a fundamentally sound idea.

Attached: Uzi Model B, SBR.jpg (3263x1839, 1.37M)

Get the Taurus magazines replaced with MecGar magazines.
Taurus magazines are usually shit, and only hold 15, MecGars are fantastic and hold 18 flush.

Well, Dan Wessons are excellent, and Springfield are traitors, so that's not odd.

Attached: 01986-2.jpg (1200x990, 807K)

glocks and berettas

I agree with this. I always touted how much more fun AKs are to shoot, but then I built my first AR and fell in love. Now I have a bunch.

I wish my PTR didnt have the top rail....

>As for AR-15s I got into them and lost interest.

Same. Recently parted with mine to pursue more C&R junk. I just found them to be
>too light recoiling.
Just isn't as fun as a full size cartridge
>too generic
Mind you I had a basic bitch Oracle, but nothing about the higher end stuff clicked with me
>Essentially a pit for endless accessories

I understand why they're objectively one of the best designs of our time, but they're just meh to me.

Picked up an All matching 1919 Ishapoo SMLE MKIII* with mag cutoff. What I bought with the profits from the Oracle.

Attached: 1529268800437.gif (300x226, 955K)

You might enjoy some sort of AR build in .300BLK, or an AR10, lot more recoil there, also you can prioritize aesthetics over what's truly practical, pick furniture you think is aesthetic, take a fixed carry handle instead of a flat-top with an optic, etc.

Attached: woodAR.jpg (800x507, 61K)

i used to think the Glocks were ugly and i didn't appreciate striker fired, no safety, yadayadaa
until one day i saw the lights and realized,.... its absolutely perfection

Attached: tmp_19551-1529114816007m2411701068403653904.jpg (1024x724, 129K)

i mean, no "deticated external safety lever .. switch,.. thing"

Attached: tmp_19551-1531356844228626767411722459567.jpg (2480x3424, 3.08M)

CZs.

I didn't think they were gay at first but now that all my friends at the local organic coffee tavern have them I'm definitely getting one.

Tupperware shill.

>Missing the joke this badly

Ive been giving thought to doing an A1 retro build. I'll probably forego the M1 and go for it since who knows what'll happen come November.

I know the joke. It's not a good one.

traitors?

I always thought lever actions were horribly dated pieces of shit in anemic calibers (aside from the .45-70 guide guns that weren't common at the time) and the only reason people bought them was due to boomer wild west larping fantasies.
Then I fired one.
Muh dick.

>anemic calibers
.30-30 would disagree with you there

They were cooking up a scheme in Illinois where basically anyone who wasn't part of this small group of companies wouldn't be legally allowed to sell their products in the state.

it's not good for anything bigger than deer, which is probably where the anemic part comes from

Amen brother

Attached: 4121411.jpg (960x720, 194K)

it's been my understanding that the .30-30 loadings were largely designed around the "brush gun" platform, (for taking deer sized game inna woods.)
and for that it performs quite well. I would never think of it as underpowered, when used reasonably within its intended ranges

Attached: 20161211_210424.jpg (4032x3024, 3.36M)

>Used to think AR's were boring

Don't be this guy. Be a contrarian about culture, if you must, but when it comes to equipment, it's ridiculous.

Playing a game with max stats is boring dude. It's not a kock on the equipment. I haven't shot a .22 in years because it isn't fun without a bit of challenge.

All through my teens I was a lol muh stoppin powah fudd believing in AK reliability memes and the whole 9 yards. All I wanted were .45 double stack pistols and WASR10s. I hated Glocks too.

Now I'm all about Glocks and ARs.

Didn't really care for AK's, was more interested in AR's. Bought an RPK because I liked the look of them. Now I think AK's are nice guns.

i hated anything AK because of the safety lever, then i saw the Vz58 and i want one more than any other gun now

Im a vicious antisemite and i have to agree. its okay because its a stolen czech design anyway, typical kikes.

The Czechs didn't think the design was worth pursuing. Israel showed interest, and trialed it, and they were interested in buying it, but the gun was shelved, because apparently only Israel were interested in it, and it wasn't enough (mind, Israel didn't have a lot of money back then, and were scraping by on sucking up then recent WW2 surplus for their armed forces).

So they did the next best thing, they developed a weapon with similar features.
It's closely based on the Zk476 (not the Sa.23, though that gun has some similarities to the Uzi), because that's the gun they were trying to adopt but couldn't.

Attached: ZK476.jpg (800x450, 106K)

SKS. Thought they were ugly and pointless since AKs do everything better.
And then I bought one and I love it.

Attached: 20160130_112440.jpg (1920x1080, 1.77M)

I went out of my way to not be a Glock guy. Then I traded my Ruger American Pistol for one and I love the thing.

I use to not like 1911s because

>single stack
>muh 45 stoppin powuh memes

but after buying a kit and frame to assemble for my girlfriend. I fell in love with the design and shooting it to make sure it cycled properly.

Attached: 1911 prestain.jpg (720x960, 139K)

I want a dan wesson in 10mm so fucking bad.

what kit did you do? how complicated was it?

Here's the links for the parts I ordered.

e-sarcoinc.com/451911autobuildkitlessframe.aspx
e-sarcoinc.com/frm-rockislauto1911parkerizedframe.aspx

It wasn't too hard I have to smooth down a few parts and the sear spring needed some adjusting. It was my first time ever touching one and only took about an hour to put together.

glocks are the AR of handguns

Yugo AK's

Attached: 20151011_162534.jpg (2656x1494, 1.97M)

absolutely, it's mecgar or bust

Not exactly hate, but
>fell for the "poor man's AK" meme
>eventually un-bubba it
>end up liking my SKS more than my AK

Attached: sks.jpg (2560x1440, 219K)

I thought I would hate the glock 29, because it has to be harder to shoot than a 20 and my 40, right? Turns out I shoot it better than another of those guns, and I really like it. Too bad I don't buy glocks. The only two glocks I own were free.

Attached: Glock-29-10mm_main-1[1].jpg (400x400, 31K)

AR for me as well, I got one from my dad for free after getting out of the Army. I used to be one of those "shits where it eats" guys but now I've got two and I'm working on a third.

>22s in general
Thought they were pointless, they're actually fun as fuck plus really cheap to feed. My Ruger pistol is probably my favorite gun now.
>SKS
Always scorned slavshit but ended up biting the bullet and doing my canadian patriotic duty. Works flawlessly and insanely fun to shoot.

When I was a kid, I liked hunting rifles over shotguns, and now, to this day, pump shotguns are my go-to gun for anything from video games, hunting, the range, and other situations.

Never really "hated" it, but the AR10 has impressed me more than I ever thought it would.

Ar15 - not as much.

this.

SA26 was basically just a proto uzi. Like in all things, the jews have no level of innovation.

>SKS
Thought it was an enormous piece of fucking shit. Jow Forums encouraged me to buy it while it was still around $300, get myself a Yugo model for $299 at LGS. Shoot it once, absolutely fall in fucking love with it, literally shoot so much corrosive ammo that I smooth the barrel and have to get a new one.
>AR-15
Fell for the AK meme and wanted one for the longest time. When MD banned AK's basically entirely, the choice was between an AR in whatever pattern I fucking wanted with a heavy barrel, or a VZ58. Chose the AR, instantly fell in love with it, shot over 50,000 rounds through it before getting a $1k upper with some good glass. Fucking adore it, would take it to hell and back in a fucking heartbeat.
>Mosin-Nagant
When it was $99, it was fucking incredible. One of the best milsurp rifles I ever owned for the price, nothing I've had before or since came close. I was so pleased that, for 3 or 4 years, I was able to share a little Jow Forumslassic Jow Forums culture with my friends. Eventually gave it to someone who couldn't afford normal firearms so that they could be armed. I don't regret it, but I'll always miss it.

>AMD65
>american parts or something like that

sigs. Litterally anything sig. I think they look fucking retarded, every one of them. But now I have a '226 on the way, a p320 in my wife's purse, and a 938 on my ankle