What is the point of a shotgun?
>why can't these go extinct?

rounds more expensive than 762 nato
joke compared to 762 for lethality
joke compared to 22lr for small game
joke of weight and ammo capacity

>inb4 bird hunting
>inb4 shooting locks out of doors

Attached: 643449_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun#Uses
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaching_round
youtube.com/watch?v=u_0r_YxFNHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun#Uses

Because my state doesn’t let me take turkey without the use of shot shells. Literally the only reason I own one.

Fuck off with these threads you boring cunts.
The only joke here is you.

It's one gun that can shoot an enormous variety of ammo, whether it's for hunting literally every kind of animal on the continent, for sport, or for self defense and home defense.

They are also very cheap guns.

>more expensive than .308
No retard. I can buy pic related for $84
>joke compared to .308
Up close it completely BTFOs .308
>joke compared to .22lr for small game
Name anything .22lr is useful for aside from squirrels, rabbits when sitting still, and gators when you pull them onto a boat
>joke of weight and ammo capacity
Stop being weak, and bigger round always means less capacity dumbass.

Attached: 6A8FA3DF-F893-4273-BCB7-BFF215A9D1BB.jpg (1080x1920, 546K)

Because they're fun, reliable, versatile, and you can't do trap, skeet, or waterfowling with guns that fire single large projectiles.

>inb4 bird hunting

Yeah, bird hunting, you aren't going to do that with a rifle.

>>inb4 bird hunting
>>inb4 shooting locks out of doors
YOU ACTUAL RETARD. YOU HAVE SAID THEIR PURPOSE.

What shot is best for shooting locks out of doors?

I like having the ability to lob a slug at somebody

Fuck dude, any of them, a slug would punch out a lock

> impying shooting >18 mm 9999g slug isn't awesome
Also STOPPIN POWAH!

nothing beats a shotgun close range faggot

Attached: Sarge.jpg (1080x1920, 638K)

Oh look it's this thread again

kills stuff
I suppose you can hot fat moving birds in flight and game with your 22?Fucking nogunz urban vidya faggot. 00 and slug kills perfectly well. You see one gun that does a lot of practical useful stuff. Unlike your obsession with vidya meme guns that do some stuff badly

>Fuck off with these threads you boring cunts.The only joke here is you.

This

hello fren...

Attached: retard.jpg (569x595, 147K)

It’s extremely versatile and for that reason alone will stay around forever.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaching_round
Idk fucktard maybe this!

What is the point of summerfags shitting up this board?

>9 .32 cal pellets going hundreds of FPS is less lethal than a single .30 cal bullet
If you shoot someone with 00buck within 40 yard they're probably going to die.

Attached: 1528816986649.jpg (1425x2000, 1.22M)

Easy to reload cartridges (no complications from if the bullets are too small), variety of projectiles for different uses (slugs for marksmanship and or ,beanbag rounds can be less than lethal,flechette for being annoying, dragons breath for terror, buckshot for unarmored) generally less regulated than rifles and less finicky in accuracy (still need to aim, but you won’t need as much on the minute details) cheaper, and for production requiring less worrying about chamber pressures. Oh, and it can be used for hunting to.

That was such a great thread

Because I might have to clear a trench of triggered G*rms. You never know.

Breaching rounds....or if you can't get those, slugs. Or if you wanna just blow holes through the door, some PDX1 S

is this fucking bait or what?

a shotgun might not be the best at one particular thing (except maybe hunting birds). but it's pretty fucking good at just about everything - if you use the right load in the shell

no other gun has that capability, particularly in a cheap and easily accessible form

You just stated some uses you trips wasting fuckwad. And it's the stoppin powah meme come to life.
Pretty much.

Attached: IMG_4446.jpg (290x395, 22K)

>rounds more expensive than 762 nato
You can buy shit 308 for less than 12ga but even shit TulAmmo 308 is more expensive than S&B #4 buckshot.
>joke compared to 762 for lethality
Depends on distance. With a good load (like aforementioned #4 buckshot) the shotgun is king indoors. If you're wanting to go anywhere past 50 yards then yes, probably a good idea to bust out a rifle instead.
>joke compared to 22lr for small game
Depends on load
>joke of weight and ammo capacity
Compared to a rifle, yeah. It's a special-purpose gun. I could say a rifle is a joke compared to a pistol's size, weight and capacity but I wouldn't rely on a pistol to shoot out to 300 yards either. That's like saying a Focus is so much better on gas mileage than an F-250 so the F-250 is irrelevant without realizing there's a fuckton it does that a Focus can't.

Thanks OP, I was bored, I know you're just wondering about the relevancy of shotguns and hiding it as bad bait.

Ok I’ll bite.
My shotty did this.
The end.

Attached: 386FBDB1-D7AC-4D74-AFAE-6F33C7D95000.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

Fucking northern monkeys!

>And it's the stoppin powah meme come to life.
Enough to blast a Terminator straight through a window:
youtube.com/watch?v=u_0r_YxFNHs

If you don't enjoy the sound and action of cocking a pump gun you're a unadulterated commie

this again

It's a smooth bore weapon that's easy to use. You can load a wide variety of specialized ammunition.

Scatter shot also increases the odds of a hit, very useful for hunting small game and fast moving targets.

You can also load stuff like rock salt for non lethal ammunition, slugs for rifle like penetration, Dragon's Breath for incendiary, or flares for illumination or signaling.

>joke compared to 762 for lethality

Not actually true depending on ammunition. 00 buck is essentially 6 9mm rounds in terms of damage. Even if only two out of the 6 balls hit that still exceeds the 7.62 NATO for lethality.

>joke compared to 22lr for small game

Actually, shotguns tend to be preffered over .22lr because a shot gun is more likely to hit.

>joke of weight

Shotguns tend to be very light for their size. They tried making even lighter shotguns but experienced shotgunners said it felt weird.

They’re fucking incredibly fun to shoot, especially outdoors. If you weren’t a faggot with no land or friends you would understand, but you go shooting at a indoor range, alone.

This. It's the only gun you can hunt squirrels, deer, bear, and birds with. And if you get lost or injured you can load a 12g flare as a distress signal.

>the Virgin firing lane vs the Chad Plinking session

I honestly don't know how that meme works anymore.