What are some surplus items everyone should have?

What are some surplus items everyone should have?

Attached: 623105_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-wood-casket-new?a=2165569
youtube.com/watch?v=7wBJ_ABVjsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>BDU’s any color/pattern
>Some sort of backpack
>Surplus Rifle
>Surplus Boots

Look at that you now have an outfit for SHTF or innawoods

What surplus boots do you recommend? i have the Austrian paratrooper boots.. funny enough the outa sole got complete loose on the one boot and i haven't worn them since.

I glued them, but lost confidence in em.

Honestly, I shell out the shekels when it comes to boots, feet are priority when I’m hiking or prolonged in the woods.

What kind of patrol/assault backpacks do you kunts recommend?

>What are some surplus items everyone should have?

BRITISH ARMY - SCOTS GUARDS DRUMMER TUNIC - CEREMONIAL - USED CONDITION

Attached: s-l300.jpg (251x300, 16K)

ROYAL REGIMENT OF SCOTLAND KILT - GRADE 1 CONDITION

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1200x1600, 139K)

Where can I buy something like that?

Attached: 1530807317385.jpg (780x960, 237K)

But to answer your question USGI jungle boots for anything not cold weather

BRIGADE OF GURKHA RIFLES DRESS CAP - BRAND NEW IN BOX

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 110K)

SCOTTISH OSTRICH FEATHER PIPERS BONNET - USED - VERY WORN -

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x472, 32K)

>woobie
>poncho
>field jacket
>garand
>a shit ton of m4 mags that you "disposed of"

>garand
Yeah no

>trench knife
>folding shovel
>ammo cans

>night splinter
>strichtarn suspender bag
>sks d
>ww2 soviet boots

Thanks user

Not an assault pack but pattern 82 rucks are pretty decent for 60$. Smells bad though.

Attached: 20180717_074132.jpg (1440x2205, 1.7M)

Can’t disagree with those digits.

[Cock O the North Intensifies]

What about fighting gear?

>real tree mock up
>Alice pack
>ar15a2
>puma combat boots
>JPC with UHMWPE for lightweightedness

Yes you can hike with me. Just invest in mountainhouse dinners

Attached: 1531488904184.jpg (640x641, 49K)

Aesthetics/nostalgia/memes aside, is there a reason to use military surplus over purpose made civilian equipment?

>Flecktarn uniform and backpack
>Circa early 2000s US boots
>FN49
How'd I do?

$$$$

Cheapness mostly.

Not at all. Surp is actually going up. It's still sturdy though. That's was the whole idea behind it

sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-wood-casket-new?a=2165569

Genuine US military surplus coffin. Huge bargain compared to civilian-made stuff, good to have one around so your family doesn't get fleeced by Big Funeral you have a "cleaning accident".

Honestly I don't see why more people do a 3 year infantry tour after HS.

>8 semesters college paid for, as many classes as you can take (with housing allowance)
>Learn valuable life skills (work as a team, how to handle stress, etc
>Come away with as much dope shit as you're willing to skim from cif

I have some pretty decent boots, combat pants, ocp's for days, ww gear, magazines, so many MREs...

Good thing they don't, have a look at countries with conscription, the quality of the army plummets when every fucking 18 year old is taken in and not shown the door.

>BDU any colour
black bdu trousers
>some sort of backpack
meme tec assault backpack, served me well for over 2-3 years and is still goin - check
>surplus boots
first boots i had were garbo on 2 zippers ... the material on shins tore from inside , but is still good to wear . i also have second pair , grom protectors , using them after first pair, makes me feel like ascending to heaven - check
>surplus raifu
now this is where i get cucked. i live a Polish life in a germoni cuckland , im goin currently for german id cuz im half germ half pole, and after all that fucking paperwork done, ima gonna grab some shotty / raifu / revolver... but i think i'll wait quite some time

Attached: trmp.jpg (552x690, 41K)

that just looks uncomfortable

Just get a short double barrel and makarov

Not really no. My last pack was much worse, surplus rucks frames are top tier when rucking lots of shit if you dont want to shell out for an expensive ruck

what round is the FN49 chambered in?

None, really. There was a point at which surplus items were cheap and widely available enough that they were a good deal all around. Now, more than 25 years on from the end of the Cold War, that's really just not true anymore. If you don't believe me, try going down to your local "Army/Navy store" and seeing how much of their stock is really surplus items anymore as opposed to how much is Rothco, 5.11, and Timberland. And then, of course, there's the matter of what's happened to milsurp firearm prices. The days when you could pick a cheap M1 carbine out of the bargain bin of your LGS for a song and a dance and be all set are long gone and aren't coming back.

The truth is that these days, you'd be better off buying some nice civilian-made gear for almost everything. Maybe there are a couple of exceptions, but not many. There are a lot of reasons for this. Most of the Cold War-era surplus has been soaked up by the market in the years since it ended. A lot of more recently-produced military equipment was beat to shit in Iraq and Afghanistan and not replaced under Obama, making a smaller pool of stuff that can be released to the surplus market. A lot of the stuff that does end up getting surplused out is taken by police departments and other government agencies as they've become more militarized. And some militaries worldwide have decided to release less stuff to the civilian market for political reasons.

So basically, for most stuff, don't bother.

When you steal from the corps you steal from your fellow marines

Cheap way to get real wool clothes.

>BDU’s any color/pattern
I have M81 US Woodland, Woodland DPM, Flecktarn, Multicam, East German Strichtarn, both US and Austrian olive drab, and soon I'll have Ukrainian TTsKo
>Some sort of backpack
Right now I have an unmarked olive drab backpack I got off of ebay that I'm not sure is actual surplus or not
>Surplus Rifle
Zastava M70 NPAP with Ironwood furniture
>Surplus Boots
Bates goretex boots

>npap
>surplus

Lol

It can be cheap and maybe the civilian stuff doesn't fulfill a certain need you have like durability.
And sometimes surplus is just pretty good all-round.
Results will vary but that's why you don't just blindly buy surplus unless aesthetics, memes or nostalgia make you do otherwise.

>Italian Vegetato
>That big Vietnam duffel bag
>M44 Dragoon
>Vietnam M1966 Jungle boots

.30-06

When you steal from the corps you steal from tax payers. I think you forget who pays the fucking federal employees paychecks. Military personnel are all leeches.

You SHTF fags focus too much on gear. Learn a skill that will be far more useful than some surplus items

Ok glad I’m a paramedic, now shut the fuck up and let me larp in the woods.

>paramedic
>skill
lmao

>Willfully acting retarded
Lmao

>pretending you're a paramedic online
geg

Wtf is that?

Go away 1sgt

back packs, patrol packs, gear bags, storage boxes, containers & crates, ammo boxes, tarps, tents, traps, sleep systems, canteens, cook sets,
mainly that kind of stuff

what is the best modern combat boot? i have danners that are great but they are goretexed out and are too hot for the summer. been looking at nike sfb but i dont really like nike running shoes im an asics fan.

>>Learn valuable life skills (work as a team, how to handle stress, etc
lol

Nikes are garbage. I have had good experiences with Garmonts and Bellevilles. They make non GTX boots as well. .

Can anyone tell me the name of this milsurp jacket?

Attached: AE4C74E1-C798-4BD8-A316-B9CCD3D07DBE.jpg (1024x768, 60K)

If they give you shit, ask them if it's because they still hate Poles after they slaughtered them and lost the war. Post results.

Abercrombie-Fitch larpers edition

Go to a cobbler bro

gear adrift is a gift, nigger

Attached: 1528476010328.gif (697x400, 621K)

>Learn valuable life skills (work as a team, how to handle stress, etc
>how to handle stress
Plenty don't learn this

Plash-Palatka
youtube.com/watch?v=7wBJ_ABVjsE

Attached: file.png (1500x973, 1.54M)

kek.

Actual Kraut here, poles get roasted because a lot of stolen or wrecked cars end up being shipped east where they care less as long as it runs. Same with weels and hubcaps and shite, when you see a car sitting on cinder blocks with its weels missing you know theres polish folks around.

>be my dad
>drive van (citreon berlingo if you must know)
>aaahh yes, Autobahn
>suddenly road construction ahead
>truck driver is urod debil
>dad and van get sandwiched between 20tons of truck on the one side and a concrete barrier on the other
>van ends up flipped
>totally fubar
>dad climbs out unharmed
>tow truck eventually rolls up
>normally dad would have to call insurance who in turn contract out towing the vehicle, and then check it out if they will pay or not, and how much, and its all a massive bureaucratic hassle. even if the insurance pays, getting the car out of the road and fixing it and what not probably costs more.
>tow truck guy has a suggestion
>"I buy car from you. I pay 1€ (~$1.20) and we write date of yesterday. I take car to polska. no questions asked."
>handshake.exe

Never even knew his name. Put the car on his tow truck and rolled of into the sunset. Well actually the other way, but you get the idea. The car was totally fucked, but even after driving it east a couple hundred kilometers the guy probably still made a profit selling the seats and tires and stereo and and and. For us, it meant avoiding talking to insurance, having to deal with highway cleanup, and probably other stuff I don't even know.

The tow truck guy being a pole, naturally he even scammed my dad about that one Euro, he never even paid that. Sneaky fucker.

How are the EU monies?

I agree with this minus the boots which should be whatever is the best that you can find. For the pack consider a used commercial pack like an LBT 1476 or similar which can be found in used condition (so technically surplus).

You can also add surplus webbing set like ALICE or equivalent euro synthetic webbing.

Nothing. Surplus gear is for larping faggots, just get your backpack and other gear at a sporting store.

Soviet Plash Palatka. Cheap and very useful

>Surplus Rifle
You can get far better guns for far cheaper nowadays.

>>What are some surplus items everyone should have

user, I understand but truly I wish we could all have surplus rifles.

shits overpriced as fuck

yep.

that poncho cape thing has super-hero written all over it

>he doesn't understand funding.
Representatives(elected) raise taxes for yada yada because yada yada is a problem
Taxes are gathered and at that point become federal funding
Federal funding is then thrown at yada yada.
Even then when yada yada gets the money, it becomes yada yadas money
>he doesn't know soldiers pay taxes too
Dohoho

Attached: 1529586507344.gif (500x281, 615K)

Well fuck that’s gay. Any recommendations for jackets that are similar but are actual milsurp?

1€ goes in, 0.80€ goes back to Hitlerville

>Mountainhouse

Attached: 001A186F-E011-4EC8-9062-7CF110CEE89B.jpg (147x145, 9K)

For camouflage at a gay pride parade?

Canada made some jammy gear back in the 80s its still the most comfy pack for extra heavy gear

Well what freeze dried brand would you go with, smartass?

This. Mountain house is the worst freeze dried meal. Get backpackers pantry or pic related, apline aire isnt bad. Just stay away from any of the vegetarian shit

Attached: 20180716_163537.jpg (2560x1440, 1.7M)

I like alpine aire more cause its got a fill line on the side where you fold at whatever number it says instead of guessing in the field what 2 cups of water looks like

the front half of a centaur
no word on where the back is

Damn you lucky SOB I envy you

In my country i pay a third of my wage to tax cunt. If you wanna fling shit, do it toward the lazy assholes on government unemployment benefits.

I don't.

>Knorr, nigga!
>oatmeal
>rice
>tuna
>chicken
>hard sausage/ cheese
>biscuits
>gravy
>eggs
>bacon
>johnnycakes
>southern cornbread
>gnocchi
>couscous
>mashed potatoes
>dry soups
>peanut butter
>pilot bread
>fresh veggies/ berries
Use your head. Unless you're out for a week plus you can eat like a king. Even longer if you can hunt, fish, or forage.

you posted it

>Only one person in this entire thread had "woobie" on the list

The absolute state of Jow Forums

Make sure you get an actual surplus M81 Woodland poncho liner, all the others are fake and gay

Attached: poncho-liner.jpg (300x300, 16K)

Maybe you want a surplus US Mil. M65 Field jacket
several other countries, like Croatia, have an M65 clone jacket for their military and those are also available in surplus

>roughly half of that shit needs to be refrigerated
>the other half isnt good to be set in a bug out bag and left for a few years
>just go out and fish lol
Some of us gotta live in cities, man, freeze dried shit is the best bet I have if SHTF.

Pilot bread can last up to 50 years and easy to make. Try it out you won't be disappointed. Really good addition to a kit

Only like 3 of those things are good for backpacking. The rest is ship if your camping with the family.
Freeze dried or mres or nothing if you hiking the back country, otherwise you WILL have a terrible time. You can have some light comfort foods like instant oatmeal, potatoes, hot chocolate, coffee, tea. But no not pack canned food or anything that requires more than just adding water.

>muh typos
I type too fast

there is no canned food on that list and all of it will keep for at least a weekend without refrigeration, most of it for much longer. It's all light and requires nothing more than application of heat or boiling water. What do you think on this list "isn't for backpacking"? I'll explain it, I don't want to argue, want to help you and others here save money and enjoy your meals more while /out/ and learn to be better backcountry cooks.
>SHTF
>BoB
I forgot we were LARPing, I guess. Your preps should be a part of your diet and cycled through naturally instead of some tucked away stash, but that's a whole can of worms.

I appreciate you because I had forgot about pilot bread and had been wanting to stock up

shame I can't buy it commercially in lower 48

Yeah I know about the m65 I’m just looking for a jacket that looks similar but is lighter

I had planned on making it. I didn't know it wasnt available commercialy damn

The eggs bacon chicken cheese veggies for sure, oatmeal, knorr, peanut butter and DRIED fruits are fine, same with the biscuits and breads, idk about the other stuff. But still thats all way too much weight compared to mres and freeze dried meals and snack bars/nuts/berries. You should be carrying more water and take into account the weigh of everything else. I made the mistake of carrying a ton of food i liked in the mountains and realized lightweight food is the only weigh to go if you have to carry it more than a mile.

This

Attached: acc-p38_lg.jpg (600x600, 33K)

>eggs
Don't need refrigeration if not washed, buy from a farm they taste so much better anyway Very light, they make plastic hardcases for them.
>bacon
Cook it ahead of time and the grease preserves it for a few days at least. Weighs nothing.
>chicken
pouches, nigga. Lighter than cans. Like an MRE main course bag but it's all meat.
>cheese
hard cheese keeps a good while because of the low water content. Heaviest thing on the list BUT if you shred it at home you immensly increase the packability and spread out the weight
>rice, pasta, couscous, gnocchi, dry soups, etc
Weighs nothing, just boil for tons of carbs
>veggies
onions, peppers, carrots will be fine for a good three plus days. You will feel good with fresh veggies in your dinner instead of salt laden preservatives!
>MREs
>light
you're high. the goody bags and the cheese/ pb pouches are great though.
I eat fresh on some of the most rugged hills on the east coast (Whites, NH), It's not super heavy at all when packed smart. But hey, if expensive mush is your thing that's cool too, at least you actually get off your ass unlike everybody else here.

Underrated

Asolo boots, if you want to feel what a blowjob of the feet feels like!

Attached: 7968596713472000_n.jpg (720x842, 42K)

they are comfy but thwy are not well built. Plus the proprietary outsole gives them a very meek tread. Somebody needs to take that full leather upper and nail it to a vibram outsole instead of laminating. Recraftable Asolos would be sex.