Is Buds really such a nightmarish experience?

Is Buds really such a nightmarish experience?

Attached: BUDS2.jpg (300x199, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x5Za8HggalY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

No

maybe

100% of the guys, all of them fit as fuck, who go in think they can make it

Only 20% do

I don't know

Dont let you fool by the name - Bud Light is even worse.

Attached: 1526074962555.jpg (878x735, 50K)

Yeah bruh its shit tier

Attached: 1524933829209.gif (243x319, 246K)

Buds gun shop?

Is it because they drop out or they fail? I still don't understand how you fail once you are in, do they have like weekly tests?

They give up or fail the test.

It's a continuum of tests of all sorts and they're under constant examination. They have to pass all ordeals or repeat or they fail. What's so hard to understand.

If you have the drive to make it that far how would it be a nightmare? At that point it’s just another step closer to your goal.

Buy a shitty car, park it on base, use it to store snacks, water first aid, ezpz buds np gg

Attached: Men_o'_War_passing_on_the_open_sea.jpg (1181x879, 132K)

You're just going to be cold, tired, hungry, wet, and in pain. None of that is particularly nightmarish.

This
They also often get sick or injured.

Can you repeat the question?

Is BUDS really hard or is it because the other SOF groups like the Green Berets, whatever the Muhreens call their unit, Delta/CAG don't really publish their selection process?

Is RASP or SF selection harder than BUDS? I also think its only 'hard' because they're seamen and not regular infantry. I mean a guy who is working on a certain part of a ship 24/7 is going to have a really hard time over the average soldier/Muhreen who will be doing PT and other infantry stuff everyday.

BUDs is the first step though, unless you’re counting DEP and boot amp.
You’re completely right, that’s why you’ve made it through, right?

inb4 you spout some shit about welfare queens and how you are an Alaskan fisherman who moonlights as a fire jumper and also tends a 10k head cattle ranch.

>Hungry
Apparently hunger is not such a bad issue since they literally overfeed you. During hellweek you get 4 super caloric meals a day.

A lot of BUDS is mental and like someone said, most semen are not Infantry. They come from fleet.

I will say this, I went through Ranger school with a couple SEALs and one dude was cocky and got peered out.

A lot of folks were coming through Infantry/Airborne/IOBC pipelines and were trying to take it seriously and this dude kept getting regrouped because he was "better" than everybody. His SEAL buttbuddy told him to chill but he kept on. A few of the RIs took and interest in him and he got peered and recycled and got a hell of a sermon. The other dude got way more humble and was one of the guys after that.

So after that BUD/S didn't seem all that to me. He was in good shape and could have had a relatively easy time but he wanted attention and got it.

This
I noticed that Navy Seals market themselves a lot unlike other groups.

So usually aspiring seals are just fit guys with no military experience right?

Sounds like the hardest thing is holding on to your lunch

I don't know if I would say that.
They just underestimated that Ranger School is not a lesser course.

The guy who stayed was strong until Jungle Phase and started dogging a bit but he had been cool so he was looked after. Once you get to Jungle, you are so close to the end that nobody really wants you to fail. Esp. other students.

You are gonna starve and your feet are gonna kill you no matter who you are.

The other doofus' downfall was thinking he was the Rogue Warrior or some such and no....he was in the same boat as everyone else.

fuck off carlos

Apparently that's the trick, on hellweek you get a superlunch every 6hours, that keeps you motivated to not give up.

>You're just going to be cold, tired, hungry, wet, and in pain.
That was like the whole 1,5 years when I served conscription.
t. Slav

This might shock you but BUDS is not the only time people end up feeling those conditions. People are familiar with being cold, wet, hungry, etc and that kind of shit isn't typically the subject of nightmares.

I was not in the Navy but I can see that.

Like...Ranger School at its elementary level isnt that hard. It's pretty much like a big two month FTX.

The one thing that kills you is being hungry. There are....SO MANY DAYS...where you say "man if only we could eat and sleep for an hour this would not be hard"

There is always someone who tries to sneak food. It didnt happen to me but there are folks who will rob others of MREs. I have seen people eat grass just to ease a hunger pang.

People think eating bugs at SERE is gross

BULLSHIT. I once saw two guys try to chase down a frog and fucking cried becsuse it got away. Then other people found out there was a frog and got emotional because they thought 40 odd dudes were all going to spit roast a small little frog and eat it like it was a barbecue.

When you get hungry enough then you find out who you are.

Kinda why I think the Holocaust is embellished. Man...If I was them I would have been murdering people with an E-tool and turning to cannibalism because fuck all that.

But if you are eating 10k calories a day and getting guaranteed food then it really is just PT hard

>When you get hungry enough then you find out who you are.
We literally hunted and cooked dogs as our main food source on field exercises in the early 90's. Russia, Altai Republic, 5549.

>ITT people on the internet who think BUDS is easy
>lmao just pushups guys

well fuck

Dumb question, why would SEALs go to Ranger School?

>Kinda why I think the Holocaust is embellished. Man...If I was them I would have been murdering people with an E-tool and turning to cannibalism because fuck all that.

Reminder that the commander of US Army Special Forces in Germany during the 1970s was literally a Holocaust survivor.

>ywn operate with a guy whose life is basically a Schindler's List/Rambo fanfiction crossover.

Attached: try and give me the gas and I'll kick your ass.jpg (1031x1299, 144K)

>superlunch
HYDRATE.

>literally a Holocaust survivor
Just like every other jew for the rest of eternity.

Yes and no

BUD/S, RASP, Indoc, ect is about 80% mental and 20% physical. Why the drop out rates are so high in these selection programs is because many people don't know what they are getting themselves into or let their own failures during the course eat them alive. If you come in with the mindset "I'll literally die then quit" then you'll be fine, if you come in with the mindset "Hey if I don't make it through I can become a 82/101st or some shit you're not making it.

Like I know four people who have gone through CRO or STO Phase II, the two who made it and eventually become CRO's were people who had the thought "I'm becoming a super high-speed airmen or I'm dying on the bottom of the pool" the other two who failed kept telling me how they had back up plans to become pilots and they failed in the first few days. What makes it a nightmare is if you think you're living a nightmare

Attached: 070326-F-0809C-222.jpg (2000x1330, 1.87M)

Cut body fat for beach season.

>mfw some gen z call of duty/pol/ack whose hardest moment in life was middle school bullying feels unironically justified in attacking a a cold war operator

End yourself

Attached: images.jpg (327x137, 4K)

Ranger School is still the premier leadership school in the US Military. Lots of people try to attend.

What a Ranger tab means is that you have not just a good command of how to perform infantry skills but why you are doing what you are doing.

A lot of people be they some kind of Special outfit or just dedicated infantry leave Ranger school with a competence you just don't get anywhere else.

This is like College level Infantry training and being the best Infantryman is tantamount to being the best soldier.

So a Navy SEAL is expanding on the core basics of Infantrywork which will definitely help him in the field.
You really cannot get "enough" training.

Don't turn a minor jest into an issue. The point was that Ranger School is legit Hunger Games although I went through before I saw the movie. That guy seems square away I guess but was way before my time and not relevant to me or the topic.

OwO

i would assume it depends on the phase. Phase 1 would probably be physically hard cause of hellweek. No idea about dive phase. Heard San Clemente Island is basically phase 1 combined except with rucking and diving

>Then other people found out there was a frog and got emotional because they thought 40 odd dudes were all going to spit roast a small little frog and eat it like it was a barbecue.
Kek

It's one of the areas of life where being totally inflexible once you make up your mind is a good thing.

I remember have a scientific discussion with a flat-earther coworker that left our whole office baffled because we'd never witnessed someone who was so unwilling to listen to reason. Nothing patronizing or disparaging, just an honest attempt to illustrate the myriad reasons why we knew beyond a doubt that the earth was round.

The guy just wouldn't accept fact. Other people just dismissed him as being unreasonable, but I remember being struck by how powerful his commitment was to his ability to make up his mind about what he wanted to belief and not let it be shaken by any outside disturbance.

I think people who are naturally sensitive to reason and maintain a healthy level of doubt must struggle in a mental test like BUDS which is fundamentally unreasonable. Guys like my co-worker must thrive.

It is well known to any non-retarded observer that thinking, rethinking and overthinking things do not fit the warrior aspect. In combat or anywhere else, fights are not physically won by second guessing, and good soldiers must fill the role they're assigned and let others do the thinking.

It's funny now but at the time it was worse than if they executed our puppies in front us. Even still, we would have Cry-eaten Rover at that point because we was hongry.

Not hungry...HONGRY

Google and YouTube my 12 yo fucking faggot friend omg

When on a long silly youthful multi-day hike through, I ate so bad and was so hungry I was pissing brown, and I seriously considered hunting the dogs I saw on parks and eating them.

I'm such a nasty fucker when I'm on edge

This comment makes me want to buy a gun from Bud's and get several cases of Federal ammo.

Attached: Hickok451.jpg (600x400, 54K)

Oh it gets better.

At one point, we all had this conspiracy theory that there was some foxes in the woods. That they were nestled in a bush. We started formulating a plan and even DID A FUCKING SANDBOX OPLAN TO COORDINATE POTENTIAL KILLZONES FOR THE THEORETICAL FOXES.

Then we said fuck it and fixed bayonets and rushed a bush and started stabbing at it thinking we were killing foxes and how we were going to eat them and how it was going to taste so good.

In reality a bunch of skinny dudes in TA50 gear just stabbed a bush with fixed bayonets. We didn't get smoked but the RI that collected us chided and said "Congratulations gentlemen. You scared the foxes away now nobody gets to eat foxes today"

And we felt bad and were apologizing to people and promosing to give alms to the poor if we ever got out of Dahlonega blah blah blah"

And there were no foxes to begin with.

>the anti white shill also worships Jews

Are you allowed to hunt animals or you'd get kicked out?

>I also think its only 'hard' because they're seamen and not regular infantry. I mean a guy who is working on a certain part of a ship 24/7 is going to have a really hard time over the average soldier/Muhreen who will be doing PT and other infantry stuff everyday.

The Navy has looked into this. Prior service guys going to BUD/S do not have a better chance of passing than regular sailors.

Attached: 814n1qxYJrL._SL1500_.jpg (987x1500, 246K)

I've had nothing but good buying experiences from BUDS. Pay cash though

not that guy, but if 40 plus starving troops are collectively hallucinating foxes to hunt on foot, I don't think any decent RI would tell them to stop until they find out on their own. It might end disastrously.

I have only ever had positive experiences with them, even the one or two times I had to contact customer support it was quick and easy.

But, sample size of one.

What the hell are you people talking about? I got my P239 from Buds. I put it in the cart, entered my payment info, selected an FFL and checked out. It was super easy and painless.

Women and trans people can be a seal so no, its not that tough

At the time I went through, the unspoken rule is that if you can beat it to death, cook it, and it wont make you sick; have at it.

BUT the Army is never that cool and there are pretty much no animals around except for birds who cheat by flying.

Which is why the miracle of the frog was such a big deal.

Even if there were deer or something you arent allowed live ammo and you cant break off like that. We were only 20 meters away during the great Bush Raid and by rights, the RI could have smoked our asses bigly but just let us cry over our imaginary foxes.

So no you really can't hunt an animal. You are pretty much ordered to starve.

If you get med dropped or quit, they feed you real good. But its not worth it.

I will say that there is no bit of MRE that goes unused. It all gets eaten. And it feels great.

I do believe that every thing that can be eaten around there has been eaten by a previous class

YUP

Everybody can blame the assholes who went through in the 60s for depopulation

This is where the green text about finding out the routes and deliberately putting shit loads of rabbits around any possible areas way in advance would go.

>I still don't understand how you fail once you are in
If one of the guys supervising you decides you aren't up to scratch, you fail. They don't have to give you a reason for failing you, and they don't have to tell you that you failed. You could fail in the first hour, hang on until the end, and learn that you failed when they post the results, but they won't tell you when or why you failed.

Those death camps sure had a lot of survivors.

Attached: 1531831777139.jpg (660x883, 243K)

>You could fail in the first hour, hang on until the end, and learn that you failed when they post the results, but they won't tell you when or why you failed.
Now that is a kick in the balls.

youtube.com/watch?v=x5Za8HggalY

>half a century old organization
>only 40 blacks have made it through

Why are the blacks such poor performers compared to the other races?

Attached: David Cooper, Stanford University, Navy SEAL.jpg (536x665, 182K)

Swimming.

The really hard part of the Q course is SFAS, which is eighteen days of team exercises, land nav, and stuff like that capped off by a thirty-mile road march.

/thread

I just graduated class 06-18, Florida has a shit ton of blueberry shrubs. Managed to get on ORP security and my bud and I spent a good 3 hours eating blueberries. Probably the best night of ranger school other than Santa Rosa in B co.

Blacks can't swim. Even David Goggins says that's the reason.

It's 18+ hour days of high intensity physical and mental stress, for several months. the men who get through it are exceptional. I've got a friend who made it, he runs ultramarathons. He's middle left in this picture, this is 2014 in Kodiak.

Attached: received_10153688674938926.jpg (960x540, 68K)

Attached: 379.png (500x380, 272K)

Why would you post someone elses picture? Isn't that kinda rude?

Cooool~

>someone elses

If your a civilian plug joining fresh off the street or some navy faggot then yes...it’s hard....hence the 70% failure rate..

All the fakers who claim to be SEALs, I know exactly one person who went to BUDs and quit. He admits it, he says he couldn't stand being cold anymore. They love to keep the students right on the edge of hypothermia.

>DA JOOZ ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING
>SHADILAY!

Kill yourself.

That is pretty much called retarded.
Not knowing on what you must improve on.
Give's you 2 choiches.
1 guess.
2 improve on everything.

And guessing is like gambling high chance is you are wrong.

Improving yourself on everything is too much to ask of a person becouse its almost a imposibble task.

You can't expect someone to be perfect.

You can however tell them what you wand them to improve uppon so they can work on it gett better at it, and be almost your vission of perfection.

Go back to plebbit

You are NOT Seal material obviously... With that attitude you are incapable of striving for perfection! They could give a fuck less about your mother fucking feelings, they literally handle the hairiest of situations where complete and utter trust his brother is as perfect as he is keeps them a force to be reckoned with!

Its Ranger school with more swimming.

Mostly it's illness/injury, grandpa was intelligence, linguistics in the army and tried out for delta, got kicked for pneumonia that had him the hospital two weeks.

LOL,
This has nothing to do with feelings.
Or your observation you need to FEEL trust in your brothers in arms.

Its about how you can improve yourself to the best of your quality's.

And HELP from the fucking person who watche's you to see what you weakest points are. Is KEY to betterment of yourself and that make's a far better path to a quality soldier then guessing.

Remember you only have a few years wich is beteween the age of 20 and 35 were you can be used as the best. This only leave's a few years for traing to perfection.

They better help you with that.
Becouse if they don't then i consider that as a retarded strategy and a weakness in leadership.

And then maybe you are better of joining some other country were you can grow into a perfect warrior.

If you get kicked out for a medical reason like a training accident are you allowed to try out again or is it a no go? I know that if you choose to quit SFAS or whatever you're never allowed to try again

He was aloud a retest, IIRC he was E-8 and decided his knees didn't need to get fucked, he made command sergeant major at 20 years.

>aloud

what's your asvab score big guy?

23 with a waver

God damn dude

Fucking cunts. Is this true?

If your consciousness is evolved enough, it is but a spiritual test

Hickok45 here. I'd like to give thanks to Buds Gun Shop for sponsoring this thread and for this Federal© Ammunition.

I know in AFSOC none of that is true, on mondays they have "eval days" were they tell you how you have been doing in the class and what you are shit at. In Indoc for PJ/CCT if you fail a event they will pull you out of the course but as long as you don't quit you can recycle to the next indoc course.

I'm pretty sure it would be the same or most other SOF selection course because the only way I think how someone would get thrown out like that one guy said is if he got peer'd out. No way would they keep some dude who is obviously unqualified around to drag down a team.

there is a reason of why we call them crayon eaters.

Congrats on your success brah. Living the dream

97 but I went to school for mechanical engineering, we don't spell so good.

Because they're not looking for someone that needs their hand held and be told how to improve. They're looking for people who are cut out, or those who fail to make the cut and are smart enough to figure out what their weakness was and find how to improve it, then come back to pass.

>Buds

Attached: 1507694162821.jpg (255x200, 10K)