Rebirth of the Zapmen

Jow Forums has gotten stupid even for Jow Forums. The sex doll thread gave me hope. There are some worthy people here but a lot of kids and chumps too.

But it hit me....

We need more Zapmen. A new hope.
The concept is not mine. It is from one of HM's less...odd...ideas. He fancied no frills, guerilla style shooting. I wish I had the screencap still.

A Zapman can use either an AK or an AR. He eschews Gucci for for the hard and fast. Iron sights. human silhouettes. Shoot and move. Hit and run. No LARP gear, no PCs, no helmets. Clothes on your back and austerity.

Supplanting convenience for skill.

I wish HM were here to reword it. He had used an AK74 clone in his first real post on the subject.

Light, intermediate caliber with an emphasis on speed and mobility.

Why are we not discussing that instead of the usual shit.

Why are we not Zapmen?

Attached: 115cf6354fab47e3fc70c6903da47042.jpg (1584x1584, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

optactical.com/uwgemi4chrig.html
optactical.com/uwgemi4chrig.htmNo
amazon.com/gp/product/B00AT2X3F8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AR9BYY7RS0Q08
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Zapmen live inside of us...
it's up to us to choose whether or not to awake it.

What chest rig is that?

Without even getting into the other stuff;
>muh irons

Listen, when HM was still browsing Jow Forums optics/red dots where still a bit of an overpriced meme. But that was also over a decade ago. Now optics are so cheap and reliable there’s no reason not to have one on your rifle. Military grade optics can be had for less than $400. Good enough optics can be bad for under $200. There’s literally no reason not to have at least a PA red dot on your poverty build.

Listen, I’m not saying you shouldn’t know how to shoot irons- everybody should. But with modern optics being so cheap and reliable you’re an idiot if you’re going to choose irons over a red dot.

Based off the stitching something meant for air soft.

Fuck off you retarded autist

I agree with you on everything but irons only. Red dots are so good in the past couple years that there is not reason not to have one. Accurate as fuck, reliable as fuck, fast as fuck, battery lasts years, if it stops working, you can just take it off or shoot co-witnessed irons.

I have a good chest rig that holds six mags, a backpack for a few other items, and my rifle. I also have a duty belt for my handgun and 2 extra mags for it. I keep it all in a duffle bag that can be employed in literally a minute.

And yet it probably works just as good.

inb4 muh years of training. You ain't doing that, bitch.

If you oppose hunting you need to get the fuck off Jow Forums.
If you're against shooting animals, you are a liberal r'dditor and there is no argument you can make that will eschew this label from you. Either shoot to kill, or go back to r'ddit.

t. liberal redditor who has a $3,000 range toy that daddy bought for xim

>chest rig
>ifak
>rifle
>light and optic on rifle
This is all you'll ever need. I implore you to prove me wrong.

t. faggot weeb who's only been to an indoor range

suck my dick

A pistol with a few extra mags would be nice.

>sling

get this instead
optactical.com/uwgemi4chrig.html

Plates

I'm not saying optics don't have a place but I liked his mantra on the discipline of it

Most guns these days shoot themselves but irons make you work.

He was a really weird dude, but some of his knowledge base was not well known then. Especially handgunnery. A lot was before the magpul videos and what we kinda take for granted.

For a fighting gun, a good red dot is key but there is something alluring and pure about mastering combat style shooting with irons. Just because his era was behind him doesn't mean we should forget the discipline.

I agree that a basic rig for holding mags is great but PCs and cammies is kinda larpy.

I guess I miss the challenge. I have an AR with a Sig red dot and it is boringly reliable but I wonder if I could push myself with irons only and maybe try to master an AK.

What's the worst that can happen?
We become better shots?
We shoot more?
We find new discipline?

Attached: AK74Normal.png (706x1202, 158K)

>Sig red dot
Ew

>Sig red dot
Ew
And this thread is gay. It's just you ranting about nothing.

>m-muh irons

you people are stupid as shit

Wow you were really triggered by that sex doll thread OP, you're welcome ;P but I agree we have to move on to real shooting sports. Like shooting sex dolls. While I agree that a paper target or silhouettes are pretty good but they fail to fully conceptualize in the battlefield. Let's face it, we're not shooting 2d targets in the real world. It's better to train with 3d targets in the long run so you don't get hesitant as a civilian.
And since you have little to no friends to train with your best bet is to buy mannequins (which are creepy and serve no function) or sex dolls, which have function over form.

I guess Jow Forums is truly lost.

The fat kids and their safe queens their parents bought them have won

Stop being a faggot, people are sleeping right now.

You are right. Stay asleep. Rest well.
May you never awaken

I'm calling samefaggotry. And calling faggotry. I dont remember HM.

>We're two sides of the same coin
>forever waiting for one of us to make a turn to make ourselves more valuable
Change starts with you nigger, get to it.

>so cheap and reliable
LeL

>optactical.com/uwgemi4chrig.htmNo padding
UW Gear Minuteman 4 Chest Rig
138MM4
$135.00

>guy posts a thread about shooting instead of politics and fuckassery
>Jow Forumsiddies bemoan thread because they are noguns

stay classy Jow Forums

I like using irons. So how does one start learning the competitive shooting that involves precision and speed with an AR platform? And are such shooting skills easily applicable to combat?

What, you haven’t been here since before 2006?

Is $300 not cheap or is being able to sit through a house fire and still work not reliable enough for your mall ninja operating?

>NO SLINGS
>NO CARRY HANDLES
ALL SHORT SHORTS

Attached: 1516764674941.jpg (764x960, 132K)

>light

Romeo 5s are fine, fags

>not including your
>fleshlight
>dragon dildoes
Jow Forums truly is in sad shape.

>this
Its okay day/k/are will be asleep soon.

Fuuuuuuck. HM. Jesus time really flies.

>this rambling blogpost of a thread that somehow found it’s way from 2008
>not fuckassery
Pick one and only one.

>no sling or carry handle
But user...
Nah but really though I don't use slings either.

Attached: Screenshot_20180717-224758.jpg (1440x2560, 1.19M)

O captain, my captain

Attached: valium-300x240.jpg (300x240, 53K)

Oh Captain My Captain

Attached: tumblr_ofq4pooSTG1voqnhpo2_250.png (240x240, 46K)

O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!

Attached: tumblr_nj40ztsd1X1r4n9yho2_500.jpg (500x667, 56K)

You will have to take my Scars (16S & 17S) from my cold dead hands.

I think OP was just wanting to have a shooting thread that was iron sight centric. SCARs have iron sights last I checked

If you think about it, it could be fun especially with something like Izzy targets or USMC Dog targets.

Good old honest rifle work

Attached: DS-DC_LG.png (500x736, 570K)

>J-just as good

The only person who'll appreciate the weight savings are the people carrying your body.

Well he was listing things to have on you, not in you

>an AK or an AR
No HK's or FAL's

Attached: pathetic.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Until it starts falling apart real fast in the field. Condor is one of the worst offenders for this.

Good concept. A good reliable optic in the right hands would be a good addition imo. With that said, everyone should be able to fire accurately with iron sights.

This is literally the concept Ive always striven for. Anything less is useless unless directly supported by conventional military tactics and logistics. Move fast, strike hard, disappear into the trees. Thats the only way a small, underpowered, outgunned force can stand against a large one. Its basic asymmetric warfare. If we had to actually fight le beeg ebil gubbament, thatd be the only way. All these dorks in 50lbs of larp gear, would collapse and die of cardiac arrest after hiking up a mountain at 0300, laying down an ambush, then sprinting full speed through the forest to gtfo that bitch 3min later before they level the ridge with a JDAM. PCs and helmets have their place (clearing rooms/MOUT, static defense, situations you KNOW youre gonna be walking into a gunfight and theres no avoiding it) but most of the time youre ginna be moving fast and constantly, and that shit isnt worth the weight.

Attached: Dirlewagner.jpg (322x400, 32K)

The principle is the same but I think they are referring to fighting carbine calibers.
But if you can handle a 7.62 like that, why not?

If you can't going fullretard, there is no real advantage to going intermediate or pistol caliber.

Attached: if you shoot the hostage then they have no hostage.jpg (960x720, 108K)

NNNEWFAG

Attached: 1518491644692m.jpg (1024x1024, 85K)

C a p a c i t y
The thing you john wayne larpers always forget about. More bullets is better 100% of the time.

this.
the larpers don't understand that the people they are pretending to be
>are backed up by the greatest logistical machine to ever exist
>wish they didn't have to carry half the shit they are forced to.

that's pic related though

Attached: C079F4A3-1382-48FD-A216-A3E4D062B37B.jpg (300x300, 38K)

It doesn't matter how many bullets you have if you can use them effectively, intermediate cartridges where designed with full auto in mind. If you can't go full auto (unless the NFA gets repealed you aren't going to) you are going to die with a belt full of ammo. If your target is in cover and you don't have air support (suppression with high volume of file till they get bombed), a full power rifle carriages is a better choice.

Attached: you'll shoot your eye out kid.jpg (482x375, 31K)

>And since you have little to no friends to train with
> It's better to train with 3d targets
you get scarier and scarier

Interesting can you find a link or anymore information on the subject?

I always thought it was better to have ligther and more mobile troops in urban or dense jungle enviorments

Most are not thinking about going head to head against a supported military.
More like what do you do, when 1000 somalies decide to loot and burn your community.
You can fight or run. Those with the go bags run, those without stand and fight.
You bring Africans to the US you turn the US into Africa.

Is that air shit?

Soooo, "zapmen" is basically a new word for light infantry guerillas?

Most likely, it's very popular in Japland

Attached: 1523077657555.jpg (1367x2048, 221K)

I see geer queers decked in a fuckton of stupid seal team six looking shit and I cringe. Whenever I got to do OpFor for the OCS guys and had to go in the rocky hills out near Black Mountain in 29 Palms to plsy pretend insurgent, I dumped my plate carrier and kevlar and all that shit and just threw on an old rig, cause carrying your food and water for a week, plus ammo (blanks of course,) and warm clothes to sleep in, and hiking up and down hills and shitty rocky terrain all day was physically exhausting enough, even in peak condition. You have to dress light, theres enough weight in your pack just in sustainment (water, food, a warm tarp to wrap yourself up in, etc) and this is only for a week or so. Livimg out in the bush hiding from the gubbament would require even more supplies to stay alive, not having any reliable means of resupplying yourself.

Fuck wearing all that heavy shit unless Im kicking in a door. I'll take light weight and high speed any day.

But the first pic was from weibo a Chinese site with a with a Chinese chick
As the model

Either way muh dick

"Gun tourism" is popular with east Asians of all flavors.

Attached: 1523084067032.jpg (480x360, 38K)

Water

>gun don't work better use pistol
>why gun stop?
>I'm carrying a pistol and pistolmags instead of enough ammunition

Carry more mags for rifle pls

Oldfag posters

why did you come to this thread

you only get mad, sperg out, and leave

Attached: 1530368662195.jpg (540x472, 54K)

when will the light on a rifle meme die. headlamps are superior in every way.

less shit on your rifle, more light, light is always where you are looking instead of wherever your gun is pointed.

anyone who puts lights on their rifle has clearly never done any rifle work at night.

Light on a handgun is acceptable for home defense and somewhat useful for rapid acquisition point shooting.

This.

I don't see why people think you should dump 3 more mags in favor of a smaller caliber and a different gun.

It's actually faster to do a remedial action than it is to snatch up a pistol.
It's not a video game

I guess but Zapman does have a nice ring to it

>I will never drop my rifle, ever
Are knives wasted ammo space too?

Attached: 1524371678036.jpg (564x1158, 94K)

>It doesn't matter how many bullets you have if you can use them effectively
That is the stupidest thing I've read all day. A literal 1911 fudd tier argument

A folder? no.
A rambo looking knife? Yeah.

It's still dumb. You would be hard pressed to hear a guy in a raging firefight say "Zounds! If only I had a pistol!" vs "NEED ANOTHER MAG!!"

amazon.com/gp/product/B00AT2X3F8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AR9BYY7RS0Q08

Muh dick and I need to open a shooting range for ching chongs

You dont want your light on constantly. Especially not on your head (shoot here). You can control you wml without letting go of your rifle.

Spray and prey is only an effective tactic if you can reliably resupply all those bullets you are expending.

And that rifle is just wasted weight you could be carrying more ammo with!

Attached: 1523025214363.jpg (564x846, 97K)

shot placement motherfucker, you can take down a charging grizzly with a 22 if you hit it in the right place.

Attached: kilal.jpg (5700x7500, 3.76M)

>And that rifle is just wasted weight you could be carrying more ammo with!
Mg is 80 percent of the dakka anyway

but more ammo!

>Tfw no operator waifu azn gf

Attached: 6YC3kQ4_d.jpg (275x183, 4K)

T. Retardo who thinks combat is like a video game where you carry 300 rounds apiece for 3 guns and shoot everything on full auto while sprinting indefinitely

Just carry a reasonable load that maximizes ability to engage with ability to manuever taking into account lack of CAS and a need to displace often.

I think a zapman does have more need of a pistol though.
Plenty of times when you need to downgrade and look civil to move around better.

This will never happen in for a real military, so they don't need pistols

This even carrying 200+ rounds is already annoying as fuck it's sucks more dick being an AR or heavy Gunner with 400-800 rounds

gave me a chuckle, underrated post

>Spray and prey
You're the only person talking about that. Im arguing that more bullets is better than less bullets. You seem to have this retarded notion that all intermediate rifles are full auto only or some other retarded opinion.

>Spray and prey
You're the only person talking about that. Im arguing that more bullets is better than less bullets. You seem to have this retarded notion that all intermediate rifles are full auto only or some other retarded opinion.
Exactly. So 1st grade logic dictates that you can take MORE precise shots at MORE TARGETS if you carry an intermediate rifle.

Literally no one is arguing that carrying more isnt usually a good choice, we're just saying theres a reasonable limit for the role we're discussing, where the amount of ammo stops being worth its additional weight. Duh. Quit being such a pedantic contrarian.

As I see it, Zapman isn't a character class. It is merely a rifleman with adherence to no frills practical marksmanship.

It's not like some insurgent but.....being a Zapman might make it easier to be one.
Quit adding pistols and knives to what is the fundamentals of being a rifleman taken to its natural conclusion

>you pulled that completely out of your ass and you know it. Find a quote from my post that implies anything of the sort.

So the reasonable limit of what you can carry is more with an intermediate rifle than with a high power dmr. Thats what I'm arguing.

Because /arg/ and /gq/ made this board garbage

Consumerism is a rotten cancer but a small price we pay for a capitalistoc economy. It only becomes a problem when we encounter a crisis of character.

>optactical.com/uwgemi4chrig.htmNo padding

Post's rig advertised for getting prone and dirty. Rig has no drainage holes, reinforced or otherwise.

Enjoy your moldy dirty sand caked jamming mags.

I was just looking at that rig, now i want a mag carrier suggestions? since that ones apparently shit

Go to /gq/ and ask them. But get your head out of your ass first. They're not gonna be this nice.

Why not switch to 22lr if that's what you are worried about?