Hiking gun thread

I’m gonna go on a hiking trip for longer than three days in bear country and I need a good and light hiking gun. So hiking gun thread.

Attached: 05E4B5BF-9AF5-46C4-9AE5-AA7D6C1C46C6.jpg (580x302, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=388
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_strike#Notable_incidents
youtube.com/watch?v=Bkwy0scRXBU
thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/07/dean-weingarten/man-kills-9-foot-bear-45/
youtube.com/watch?v=K91Wb-UDLlk
youtube.com/watch?v=rNR2Uh08FrA
youtube.com/watch?v=BkvORr1m1Ao
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well definitely not a red rider lol. Where are you going hiking?

vz 61, preferably sbr'd

Needing a hiking gun lol.

>he fell for the 'hiking gun' meme AND the 'bear country' meme

Olympic National Forest

Attached: 798D3927-F1E2-4869-8F07-EFA0D0D19951.jpg (4100x2924, 2.04M)

I have an M1A Scout and SKS but I was trying to see if there was something lighter maybe.

I was thinking maybe a lever gat or an M1 Carbine.
Mainly just looking for an excuse to buy a new gun.

Attached: 0FD27934-6364-4D5A-9734-6DCA9C479ED7.jpg (758x433, 46K)

So basically keep bears away? 10mm pistol if you want a semi, .44 or 500 mag if you want a wheel gat, Bear spay for curious bears (the gun is just in case) and a good walking stick to toss snakes off your path

you can get a bear deterrent flare gun for under $20

And set the forest on fire too

You don't even have to worry about real bears. Get spicy spray and call it a day. Your significantly less likely to get injured with hot sauce in a can than boomers.

This guy may be correct but you asked about a gun Soo.

Im surprised no one has mentioned a 10.5" sbr or a "pistol" AR.

Inb4 "5.56 won't Killa berr"
1x5.56 maybe not But a 30 round mag dump would do the trick.

fuck yeah.

That’s why I said A gun is just in case. Many times bears will just be curious and spray is all you’ll need. But remember, just in case it’s always good to be prepared.

what about a single stack 9mm?

Keltek su-16?

>muh gayR pistol
An AK pistol would be better but both of those are goin turbo sperg. I bet you unironically participate in greyman threads and think it’s abour “dressing grey”

buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=388

Bear spray is hilariously safer than using a gun. A gun as back up doesn't make sense since bears will not stick around after being sprayed.

Almost like saying 'I'll never ride in a car because it increases my chance of dying' then someone tells you to put on a seat belt, even though you'll never be in a car.

Just give it a quick google.

I'm afraid you'll have a lot more to worry about than bears.

Attached: david.jpg (600x753, 70K)

but Jow Forums told me 9mm can't harm human beings, let alone bears.

Well I assumed he was looking for a rifle of some sort based on the picture.
And he wants something lighter than his sks.
Also specifically worried about bears.

What do you suggest fag?

I live in Alaska and see bears all the time. I carry pic related because I don't fear bears (dramatic pause) bears fear me.

Attached: IMG_5191.jpg (3264x2448, 3.49M)

You are a monster. What kinda suck fuck would do that to a bear

>What kinda suck fuck would do that to a bear
It was a mother with a cub (dramatic pause) or I should say... was.

Attached: IMG_5194.jpg (3264x2448, 1.88M)

bear spray you fucking idiot
also best hiking gun is always a revolver

TOZ-106

Why?

Hipoint carbine in 10mm

Me.

Attached: AA01AE5F-5278-4BC6-8931-C3DE03887370.jpg (719x1280, 187K)

Winchester 92 in .44 magnum, short barrel. Should be around 5.5 lbs, will take anything.

That’s actually not a bad idea.

Attached: 884A586B-C608-49DF-B561-FF90F515C9B3.png (1334x750, 377K)

I was thinking of getting a Henry in .357 Magnum.

Attached: DA1BB9A3-C3D8-4383-977F-97462D63E487.jpg (1600x1200, 188K)

good taste my dude.

Attached: golden boy.jpg (960x604, 135K)

Maybe some kind of shotgun.
Think of going the mainstream route and getting an 870.
Maybe a Winchester 1200

Attached: 50C7C2F2-8976-4B00-9739-BB31D19582D4.png (706x301, 74K)

Wouldn't a carbine make more sense for self defense against bears? Long barrel is for hunting from range.

12 ga(y) slug is your choice.

because youre not gonna have to use it
and if you do a revolver is gonna do 90% of whatever rifle you have in mind is
>people think bears are this mythical beast that needs silver bullets out of a 45-70 blessed by the pope
9mm can take down moose and grizzlies.
bears arent gonna bother you.
WOW I BETTER LUG AROUND A 8 lb HUNK OF METAL ALL DAY IN CASE A BEAR COMES BY
>in reality
yell at bear, clap, blow whistle
shoot gun in the air
shoot gun into bears leg or body
or
throw some fucking food at it
thats all you need to survive.
instead of lugging around a rifle you could just toss a bag of crackers or some raisins or jerky at it. the bear will instantly forget about you and you can walk away. life or death situations with bears arent real. the only people killed by bears are the ones that put themselves there.
even if a bear is starving and humans are on the menu
>toss it whatever food you have in your pack
watch him completely forget about you while you have half an hour to walk away.

then again. this nigger like all fucking teenagers, europeans and dark skinned people on Jow Forums are talking about black bears. these fucking waste's of flesh are scared of black bears. overgrown raccoons that may leave a scar worst case scenario.
maybe people like you shouldnt be in bear country anyways?
if you think you need a bear rifle or even a handgun to fend off bear attacks you should just stay home.
bear mace. thats it. leave the bears alone faggot.
pic related is people who actually worry about bears
the worst they do is fuck up your cooler, eat your food and trash.

Attached: nervous.jpg (480x480, 53K)

I was thinking a 9mm semi-auto ccw pistol would be the best trail gun, so you don't spook the liberal boomers and hippies.
You're assuming a lot. I'm not OP, and the only time I'd shoot at a bear is when the season's open.
Pumas, moose, and wolverines are a different story.

oh man you might run into a black bear or brown bear there man. youre gonna need a fucking barret fifty or .458 socom AR at least. those things kill thousands of people a year. Ive seen a guy mag dump a 1911 into a black bear and it still managed to eat him and his entire family.

god you sound like a faggot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America

Attached: 1531891952040.jpg (570x587, 43K)

>Pumas, moose, and wolverines are a different story.
kill yourself
yeah gods creatures that can be measured in the hundreds should be killed on sight
how people are scared of animals in this day and age is beyond me.
unless an animal is rabid there is a 99% chance you dont need a firearm.

t. just had to yell at a coyote with a huge rabbit in its jaws to scare it away so I could walk back into my house
a fucking raccoon or skunk with rabies is 100x more likely to kill you than any large predatory mammal and even then I just scare them away or close a door. couldnt tell if a juvenile skunk had rabies or just was having a blast running around my property a few days ago. but that skunk worried me more than any coyote or bear. Im talking tough but Ive seperated a mama black bear and her cubs taking out trash, cub ran 50 yards PAST ME and treed himself. momma and other cub climbed the pole right next to the trash cans. I did wish I had a gun and kinda froze. had to listen to the mama and cub call to eachother for an hour. but mama and cubs left me alone. they just scatter out of panic. Im still alive, so are they.
truthfully if you dont EDC a full size .357 everday in the real world in case a pitbull goes after you and injures you which is 1000x more likely to happen why fucking worry about getting hit by the lightning that is an actual wild animal attack?

Attached: superbeta.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>the last fatal bear attack in Washington was in 1974

Point taken.

Attached: 73EABAE9-E942-4A62-8285-58264A5C722B.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Once again you're assuming a lot.
Maybe if guns are too triggering for you, you should head back to plebbit.
You obviously have no experience with any of those animals that I mentioned. A wolverine that decides it's going to fuck your day up just because you stood in a way it didn't like isn't going to back down because I yell at it.
A bull moose in rut will charge to kill and won't stop until you're minced by it's hooves.
A injured puma will attack humans, and it's actually a pretty common experience.
Lurk the woods for five more years before you reply to me again.

>Cooper was chased and mauled by a bear while running in the juniors' division of the Bird Ridge trail's running race. Cooper texted his family after completing the race, to say he was being followed by a bear. Searchers found the runner's remains 500 yards from the trail and shot the bear in the face with a shotgun, which scared the bear and forced him into the woods away from the body.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_strike#Notable_incidents

so instead of any metal or electronics you carry a shovel, rubber boots, rubber raincoat on you despite the fact lightning is so much more likely to come across than an actual bear attack.
or you think bears attacks are more likely to happen than lightening strikes?

fuck off. a dozen bear attacks in a decade are a reason to hump a 12gauge with slugs all day?
get some bear mace you fucking pussies.
god I hate teenagers and europeans.
if this is actually a white male over the age of 25 I expect photo evidence you fucking east coast half nigger suburb dwelling faggot.

Attached: optimism should be punished and bled out from people like this.jpg (740x721, 45K)

So there were no other people at the finish line? How did he end up alone being followed by a bear in the first place?

I mainly just wanna carry a gun to carry a gun in the woods. I see where user is coming from, “don’t kill unless you have too.” He could probably calm down a little bit and put a tampon in but I see what he’s saying. I plan on just taking a gun so I can play with my gun and do what a Jow Forumsommando does best and go innawoods.

Attached: E01DFC1B-37F8-4FEA-8212-0FE122F72779.jpg (413x479, 37K)

But no more bear attack

He was the fat kid who finished 8 minutes after everyone else i think.

>M1 carbine against bears
Fuck no
>lever gat
Marlin 1895

Attached: DSC01577.jpg (640x480, 143K)

well I agree.
is all me.
nigga if you wanna carry a gun in the woods to just carry a gun do it.
I take a revolver with me sometimes in yosemite and sierra's. Im just saying putting a round in the air is gonna deter whatever you come across.
but humping a goddamn rifle for a fucking casual trip just in case an animal that is 80% vegetarian comes within a hundred yards of you? nah. just dont go into the woods then.
its like people who dont go to the beach and wont swim in the ocean.
I get it. yeah it could happen. but doesnt mean you have to dynamite the waves first before you go swimming.
yellowstone? canada? alaska? some place with grizzlies and polars even? sure. carry a handgun. this whole charging tigers need to be dealt with by elephant guns in 1800's india mindset just needs to die already. a few dozen lives lost compared to the 10's of millions of people marching around bear territory per DECADE is an acceptable loss ratio. be more worried about west nile and hanta virus.
but if youre actually scared of black bears doing more than trying to steal your picnic basket fuck off.

Attached: iknowright.gif (318x239, 449K)

I’m gonna carry a pistol regardless.
I have an ugly ass Chiappa 20DS I’m taking, I just wanna take another so I can basically LARP in the woods with it.

Truly the dream.

I will take your words to heart because this is the only board I trust.

Attached: EC23E28E-E8E6-4046-88AB-692292711B26.png (1334x750, 509K)

>He fell for the gun meme instead of just sucking off his threats

Attached: absolute hatred.jpg (403x392, 47K)

This, a boar grizzly getting his peepee suckled will not mail you.

Check’em.

allright. thats fine.
I just dont like the idea of david greenberg and ignacio torres leaving the city loaded up in the woods and gunning down a bear a hundred yards away because it looked at them wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bkwy0scRXBU
everyone ITT needs to watch this video.
if youre actually worried about bears in the wild after this you should be ashamed of yourself and just stay in the fucking city or whatever section 8 HUD housing project you come from.
Im seriously so fucking sick of european and chink and jap tourists in yosemite that flip the fuck out whenever a bear shows up. like its a life or death situation. they seriously lose their fucking minds and panic over a black bear rooting around for acorns paying no attention to them.
leopard seals on the other hand. they scare me. dobermans of the sea.

Attached: lucille.jpg (1920x1200, 618K)

half of these are people with pet bears, cleaning bear cages or otherwise in contact with bears on a daily basis.
fuck off.

Attached: my life.gif (240x180, 2M)

Checked dat levergat

All this faggotry about bears and animals and shit, I carry a goddamn gun with me out in the woods because of tweakers, Mexicans, and pot farms. Every bear I've seen has turned and run as soon as it's noticed me. Mexicans and tweakers growing or doing drugs out in the woods have killed way more people than any animal has out by me.

Attached: 1531786164736.png (720x720, 484K)

Why not get a 10mm and load it hotter than the devils piss?

Attached: glock-pg4030102mos.jpg (466x465, 23K)

Overloading a Glock. Wouldn't a hand grenade be more blast efficient?

Glocknade

Midland Backpacker in 12 gauge

>loading tube

>Your significantly less likely to get injured with hot sauce in a can than boomers.
So old people are going to try to kill me in the woods over a bottle of Texas Pete?

870 is heavy as fuck. If you are hiking get an Ithaca 37 featherweight

I like using my SKS. Sometimes I'll carry my Rossi 92 in .357 Magnum instead to save weight if I'm carrying other things.

which is best? brown bear or black bear?

Kodiak

I normally bring My AK and a makrov, Mostly for larping purposes.
A pistol will be just fine though, bears are really not that much of a worry unless you are retarded and keep food in your tent.

Attached: IMG_20180621_141802.jpg (3024x4032, 3.2M)

I won't lie, the whole time watching this I wanted to pet the shit out of that bear cub.
I'll probably be one of those faggots that contributed to the "death by bear" statistics, but whatever, I just liked seeing it mind its own business and eat acorns.

Take a pistol and a knife.
This dude shot a brown bear with a .45 high point through the lungs and the bear ran around for a couple minutes longer before dropping dead lmfao. Of course only 1 actually landed and he missed the other 6. Browning would be pleased of the kill but in disappointment that he missed 6 of his shots on a giant fat fucking bear.
thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/07/dean-weingarten/man-kills-9-foot-bear-45/

Attached: ccLgcFF.jpg (739x731, 85K)

Also forgot to post this youtube.com/watch?v=K91Wb-UDLlk

AK, AR or other assault rifle
semi-auto only!
youtube.com/watch?v=rNR2Uh08FrA

and this

youtube.com/watch?v=BkvORr1m1Ao

>Lever action in 44mag or 45-70, .357mag if you want lighter load and cheaper ammo
>TC Encore or Contender configured however you want
>mini 14
>6”+ barreled revolver in .357mag or larger
>a fucking AR
>any lightweight bolt action or look into Coopers scout rifle concept

why did you pick a red rider for the pic?

With slugs and a back scabbard.
Yeah, I know, patrician taste.
What can I say, Im pretty sweet.

Attached: 1d7e7cc065345571f67f9bfc6c407df1-2.jpg (1200x800, 36K)

a loud whistle
a super soaker with water and cut up jalapenos and red pepper flakes