Why did the IRA have a boner for the AR-18?

Why did the IRA have a boner for the AR-18?

youtube.com/watch?v=P8wgrZ6t5BA

Attached: file.png (1024x712, 883K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YwBRPyUlZ-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cuz they were supplied a lot of them

>use any firearm you can get
>get lots of ar-18
>use lots of ar-18
it's simple

Because they live in the 3rd world.

Armalite rifles were all they had in large supply

They got about 10x as many AR15s as AR18s.

They knew a good design when they saw it, I guess.

A commercial failure, but its legacy lives on through a ton of more modern designs that heavily borrow from it.

This picture is pretty hot desu. Just imagine being dommed by two young ladies while they spray slurs about you and then force you to humiliate yourself for their sexual pleasure at gunpoint.

Daily reminder that the IRA were pretty much terrorists. Also, this picture displays shitty trigger finger discipline.

>shitty trigger finger discipline
how so?

"Pretty much" nothing. They absolutely were. Doesn't mean they didn't have legitimate grievances with Britain.

This might be an AR-18 during the Yugo-wars

Attached: 1.png (910x504, 666K)

Have you done some research when they got the Ar-18s and where they handed them out?

...and they used them. They used everything they were given. "My Little Armalite" could refer to either rifle.

Attached: cb20a2a3c48c9305e15e344fac22fbee[1].jpg (468x586, 41K)

This.

What are we, Facebook niggers wondering why the Muslim yelling Allah Akbar is a terrorist while cracker with purple hair pretending to be the joker isn't ?

Terrorist just means politically motivated.

Not to mention the possibility of a bullet ricocheting.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-07-18 at 6.59.49 AM.png (268x159, 57K)

The song is just talking armalites in general

Attached: IRA-AR-1982.jpg (735x512, 24K)

so she should keep her finger off the trigger because she doesn't intend to kill him, but she very clearly does. I think you don't know what trigger discipline is eurocuck

also pseudointellectial ricochet wish wash. a good laugh

IRA = Hamas for white people. Legitimate grievences sure, but shitty tactics and even shittier overall goals.

My coworker at my old job popped two paddies back in the troubles. He was an old Englishman. Wore a trench-coat and carried an umbrella everywhere. Cool guy.

>think she doesn’t want to kill him
Wew lad

She's ready to fire if he tries anything. Honestly she should have the rifle shouldered and ready to fire.

Daily reminder that terrorism works to accomplish political agendas.

>Irish
>white

Is there anything more pitiable than an Irish nationalist?

A british one...

Why don't you?

>shittier overall goals
yeah you know, wanting to be self-governing and kick out murderous oppressive government sure is a shitty goal huh?
neck yourself, loyalist cunt.

Attached: 16d.jpg (374x767, 59K)

>shitty tactics
It worked. They're pardoned, are a legit political party, are in a coalition government or something. Basically the closest thing to independence you could get back in those days.

Because the rifle was seen as a symbol of freedom, a way to get the crown off your back.

A nationalist in any South American country

Better question: why don't YOU have a boner for the AR-18?

Half the branches were godawful communists and just compare Ireland's gun laws with NI's

I love how the first instinct of a triggered *r*sh is to cry Britain as if they're not British themselves. Everyone from those shitty little islands are the same, blaming each other for oppressing them.

Source

>Why did the IRA have a boner for the AR-18?
They would have liked any modern rifle honestly. At the start of independence they stole rifles from the brits to use. It was sort of one of those reasons why America has a second amendment so you're not starting from scratch like that. If you look at how the Irish were treated it makes the American cause of independence almost look like it was over a petty argument comparatively.
I've never heard of that, and while I'm not familiar with the AR18 mechanics I would assume it is a logistics issue where they were likely saving them for a larger standing battle if they were better quality, or depending on mechanical issues the 18 may have just been easier to maintain and use. Or maybe they just gave them to people that were better shots. I'm not too familiar with the subject. Find it quite fascinating though.

You do realize they're likely more federal than states rights? They had to work out international diplomatic deals. Parts of those deals were disarmament. Top down approach means their laws on that for individuals is going to tend to suck.

Do you even read posts you respond too?

Yeah England didn't literally subjugate the Irish for 300 years, cause a famine, strip the Irish of their rights, deny Irish citizens education, and definitely didnt oppress religious dissidents to the point where Protestants where gunning down Catholics for being Catholic, and vise versa.

Attached: 1529265393879.jpg (207x244, 8K)

Aren’t all revolutions politically motivated?

Depends on how you define where politics end and another grievance (usually religion) begins, the Afghan Muj (not the Taliban but the anti-soviet fighers) didn't really care about the fact the govt. was communist per se they opposed it because of the state-enforced atheism.

Same with the original IRA and the PIRA as well really, people in the NI counties were just as Irish as people from the south (except the Ulster Scots but fuck them) but many of the northerners were Prods instead of Catholic thanks to many, many years of Anglican and other Prod missionaries and evangelism, and the Irish of the time were highly religious people that felt that their religion was being usurped and being forcefully replaced with that of Englishmen.

Oppression narratives are rarely true, and more based in shaping ethno-national identities than on truth desu.

Both the Irish and the Brits had a certain collective will-to-power over a certain area, and they were ready to kill and die for that territory.

Reminder that the IRA were Marxists who allied themselves with Jihadists

Reminder that the remnants of the IRA sitting in Irish parliament are cultural Marxists advocating for African immigrants at this very moment.

Attached: 1531610432436.png (1828x1025, 3.11M)

this

Britain doesn't include the island of Ireland and thus Irishmen aren't British.

>IRA were pretty much terrorists.
t. bootlicker

>Still being butthurt about literal medieval history, and for events that were tame compared to what was going on in continental europe
>Pretending saying that 'the market will sort it out' is equal to shipping people off to the gas chambers
>Unironically buying in to century old Communist and German propaganda designed to get otherwise loyal citizens of the most successful liberal european democracy to to backstab each other for the benefit of continental autocrats
>Pretending that an Englishman and an Irishman wouldn't be mutually indistinguishable if it weren't for one of them frothing at the mouth if you say they live in the British Isles, which is a geographical fact
Actual Irish Genocide when?

because thats what they had?

that said the ar18 is a breddy gud design, and its influence can be seen in a fair amount of guns.

Attached: 1437392201671.png (741x649, 23K)

British Isles, Great Britain being the big one, all the others are Lesser Britains :^)

The catholic irish only started being treated somewhat equally in the second half of the 19th century and were still poor as fuck and being discriminated against.
Same bullshit continued on in Northern Ireland till it boiled over and people got killed.

If i have a will to power over your house, does that mean i'm just as justified in trying to take your house from you with force as you are in defending yourself?

They were treated worse than anywhere in continental Europeans were, and they went to those areas to fight in WWI to go back to their island to be treated worse again.
Are you pretending to be retarded on purpose?

are you drunk

Some executive at Armalite was probably an Irish terrorist sympathizer.

Attached: E82D5280-88E3-4241-8438-8FB15D76F81B.jpg (500x500, 98K)

>He doesn't know about the conquests of occitania
>he doesn't know about the 30 years war
>he doesn't know about the ottoman occupation of southeast Europe
>he doesn't know about the reqonquista
>he doesn't know about the multitude of peasant uprisings that happened all over Europe throughout the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries that were put down with tens of thousands dead
Most of Europe seem to have got over their 'Genocides', why can't you?

>and they went to those areas to fight in WWI to go back to their island to be treated worse again.
Irish veterans were mistreated by Irish people though

Then they were mistreated by Brits :^)

Vae victis

Always comedy gold to hear this as it always comes from those who'd be the one begging for mercy in the real world

Attached: 1519365374105.png (888x461, 220K)

TFW paddy gets the fun you always wanted

Attached: 1513045168678.jpg (326x326, 24K)

Kosovo isn't Serbia and Northern Ireland isn't Ireland.

Funny, I thought they would have wanted pic related.

Attached: Potato_Digger.jpg (1200x723, 134K)

>all these replies
>nobody answered the actual correct answer

The folding stock.

Having a rifle with a folding stock is convenient if you're an insurgent and you want to pull a gun out from behind your coat or inside your backpack and ambush a British patrol.

>tfw you'll never engage in near daily gun battles with a NATO military mere yards away from your home

cuck

)))))))

Who /t e r r o r w a v e/ here?
youtu.be/YwBRPyUlZ-k

Attached: 1531326976589m.jpg (1024x538, 111K)

Fuck, this cunt's trigger discipline.

What about muzzle sweeping her fellow cunt, you cunt.

>Pretending that an Englishman and an Irishman wouldn't be mutually indistinguishable if it weren't for one of them frothing at the mouth if you say they live in the British Isles, which is a geographical fact
Yeah no way you could tell them apart it’s only
>the accent
>the dialect
>the clothing
>the social status
>the jobs
Your other points are equally retarded, but I’d hate to almost hit the word limit

Attached: 3778662C-E50B-41A6-91F2-0A517534967C.png (472x565, 18K)

The reconquista was a genocide on Moors and Jews and the reason Spainiards never got over it was because most were glad to see the foreigners expelled from their lands. Also you seem to be mentioning a lot of wars that really aren't genocide, just wars. How does this justify a foreign entity dictating,killing and bullying an entire ethnic group?

I'm pretty sure it was the mod if remember correctly that sympathized with the catholic persecution and they would send weapons to lybia where Gaddafi would then smuggle the in or just straight to Ireland. I think the 1968 firearms control act also worked to stop the smuggling of weapons to the ira by making ffl transfers nessicary to avoid straw purchases states away. I'm missing details but there's some interesting stuff if you look deeper

The '68 GCA has no impact in international sales, moron. That' all ITAR shit.

>Why did the IRA have a boner for the AR-18?

because it was good propaganda for the US where they concentrated efforts to get money

>Actual Irish Genocide when?
1840s
1914-18

And of course the casual murdering and extortion of the oira/pira/inla/cira/nira,rira.iplo,uda,uff,uvf,rhc carried out by savages in northern Ireland against their own

this

Attached: UVF.jpg (636x422, 305K)

It wasn't about itar nigger it was about issues where guns were bought in the midwest or West coast amd sent east to be smuggled out on the east coast. It was more. About knowing where guns are when they are sold and making straw purchases harder cross state lines

Also received a lot of AKs from Libya

>And of course the casual murdering and extortion of the oira/pira/inla/cira/nira,rira.iplo,uda,uff,uvf,rhc carried out by savages in northern Ireland against their own

And Bin Laden's plan to bankrupt America through an endless war in the ME is going pretty well too

Any tactics that involves the intentional murder of innocents are shitty, regardless of effectiveness

Two wrongs etc etc

The horrific actions of an elite doesn't justify murdering civilians, if the IRA only targeted the British Army it would be a different story

The murder of Ann Ogilby, also known as the "Romper Room murder", took place in Sandy Row, south Belfast, Northern Ireland on 24 July 1974. It was a punishment killing, carried out by members of the Sandy Row women's Ulster Defence Association (UDA) unit. At the time the UDA was a legal Ulster loyalist paramilitary organisation. The victim, Ann Ogilby a Protestant single mother of four, was beaten to death by two teenaged girls after being sentenced to a "rompering" (UDA slang term for a torture session followed by a fatal beating) at a kangaroo court. Ogilby had been having an affair with a married UDA commander, William Young, who prior to his internment, had made her pregnant. His wife, Elizabeth Young, was a member of the Sandy Row women's UDA unit. Ogilby had made defamatory remarks against Elizabeth Young in public regarding food parcels. Eight weeks after Ogilby had given birth to Young's son, the women's unit decided that Ogilby would pay for both the affair and remarks with her life. The day following the kangaroo court "trial", they arranged for the kidnapping of Ogilby and her six-year-old daughter, Sharlene, outside a Social Services office by UDA man Albert "Bumper" Graham.

A group of UDA women then followed the minibus which brought Ogilby and Sharlene to a disused bakery in Hunter Street, Sandy Row; this empty building had been converted into a UDA club and "romper room". After Sharlene was sent by Graham to a shop to buy sweets, Ogilby was made to sit on a bench and a hood placed over her head. Two teenagers, Henrietta Cowan and Christine Smith, acting on the orders previously given them by the unit's leader, Elizabeth "Lily" Douglas, proceeded to savagely beat Ogilby to death with bricks and sticks. As Ogilby screamed and pleaded for her life, Sharlene, who had already returned from the shop, overheard her mother being beaten and killed.

you support this?

All the northern Ireland paramilitaries were criminal gangs that preyed on their own and extorted maimed and tortured civilians. Keep sucking that faded propaganda tit OP

They were communists to boot. I used to think the IRA were much like American Revolutionaries then I found out they were the other kind. Feels Bad man.

The struggle never ends right comrade? One of these days the proletariat will finally get it.

Definitely terrorists. Fighting an occupation force by all and any means at their disposal. But then, all rebels are terrorists. Ready to hand back USA to the British Crown yet, rebel scum? I hear you have even developed weapons of mass destruction and used them against civilians, repeatedly - when do we start the War Criminal court proceedings? And remember, "I was only following orders" does not cut it unless you are jewish.

They're both either scrawny or obese alcoholics with incomprehensible accents, literally indistinguishable.

that's the point, there was no Irish genocide - just a long raft of shitty behaviour which was pretty much nothing compared to the shitshow going on in mainland europe.

Tiocfaidh ár lá comrade! Tiocfaidh ár lá!

Attached: 224257938-6c878753-34c2-4d57-bd14-f386302c1280.jpg (1170x550, 170K)

Political public meeting in progress. The tempers are up, people are hostile, but nothing is happening.

The police appear. In armored cars. They dislike the tone of the event and open fire. Many people, all unarmed, are mowed down.

Would you just wait for the local political leaders to make half hearted excuses, then impose curfews and house to house searches? Or would you consider becoming a terrorist?

Potato-famine yourself you paddy faggot

>tfw you’ll never be patted down at gun point by two disagreeable qtpaddies ready to blow you away if you as much as hint at asking what they’d rather do with a potato

He’s gonna poke someone’s eye out with that thing

t. Bostonian

>all these non-irish acting like they know everything about the troubles
>probably americans who think they're part irish
everytime, theres so much american tourists coming here paying out the ass to see some walls with paint on them, cringey as fuck when they pull the "my grandfather was from ireland" thing, dont they realise they are supporting literall commies? why are people ITT also acting like the IRA/UVF didnt stronarm and extort people for money most of the time with bombings and shootings being rare.
still waiting for that united ireland that was promised, instead of you know gerry adams and a "former" IRA commander, who died recently, to join the government. hope the brexit border problem causes issues so i can join the IRA as an informant for MI6/PSNI or even the UVF

Attached: 1523142161755.png (978x702, 45K)

They had lots of them. And the collapsible stock was good for hiding them under floorboards and jackets.

>hold a protest that protestants dont want you to have
>be supirsed when paratroopers come in to stop any rioting that follows with any larg group of catholics
>get shot with rubber bullets by the crown forces that obviously side with protestants and are stopping the rioting
>implying the protesters are unarmed when they are throwing bricks and other shit because their path is blocked
you forgot to mention the whole rioting thing a week before, plus the IRA was revived
>or would you consider becoming a terrorist
there where alot of british agents in the IRA, the most famous agent was head of security for over a decade, he knew everything the IRA was doing

Attached: 1526579158758.jpg (1920x1080, 121K)

the American revolutionaries turned into degenerate proto-commies after they took power and you've been inundated with propaganda telling you that this was a good thing, go read the Anti-Federalist Papers

Attached: DiB6DTEW4AEjy8P.jpg (405x720, 42K)

- "Oh noes! They are throwing bricks! I think Brian was hit by a tomato, too!"
- "Quick, open up with the HMG before they start writing letters of protest!"

Our own little rebel force assassinated occupation officers, stole, sabotaged, cooperated with foreign governments and did commando raids. But we were on the winning side after that war ended so only the occupants and their collaborators and the women who slept with either were persecuted by law afterwards. It is nice to be on the winning side. You don't have to be on the right or wrong side as long as your side wins.

Bricks kill people or cause serious brain damage, and they are basically causing a riot at a time where anything could have happened. bloody sunday was just a false flag attack so the british army wouldnt become irrelevant and to keep NI british by creating the provos as controlled oposition

Attached: 1526066220086.jpg (157x153, 6K)