Inb4 boomer

I have this weird thing - even though I appreciate new gun designs, materials and their perks I want all my guns to be all-steel, unstoppable workhorses.
I'm a young guy and since I don't have that much money to buy new guns later I pretty much want guns that will run for eternity.

So with that in mind - what options do I have for CC?

Attached: ducky.jpg (720x960, 55K)

Buy a shield or a glock, you don't have that option if you're gonna go cheap. Polymer is just the way it is now.
You can always get lucky at a gun show or online but I'd trust a new M&P shield over something one-armed Jim swears is gonna work even though he's selling it for a quarter what it's worth.

Walther PPK, 1911, or a revolver.

what about a CZ 75 compact? they're about the same price as glocks where I live

also a super cheap option for me is a Makarov

revolvers and walther ppk

Can't comment on that, as I don't own one. I like my Shield 2.0 though. The trigger guard doesn't dig into my middle finger like a glock's does and it's a biggish compact so I can actually put my whole hand on it as I am not a manlett.

All steel guns, or steel & wood is also the kind of thing I like for the same reasons as you.
I'd say : Walther PP/PPK, CZ75 compact, Makarov.

Attached: wm_9480682.jpg (3072x2304, 1.18M)

>I want my compact/subcompact CC gun to weigh 4 pounds.
Okay, cool.

Besides the CZ75 compact and P-01 with the alu frame that have been previously mentioned, look into the CZ Rami, pic related. Its the smallest all steel DA/SA gun on the market besides maybe some small time manufacturers. You can even get nice wood grips for it. Jow Forums seems to hate it because its still weight as much as a glock 17 even tho its a 3inch barrel and half grip. But if you want steel, hammer, small that's the only game in town. At least as far as mainstream manufacturers are concerned. There is plenty of youtube (shill)wiews.

Attached: CZ-75-Rami[1].jpg (640x425, 106K)

hey man, if they can make it work more power to em

There are plenty of 1911 designs like the Iver Johnson Thrasher that are a small enough size for CC. Do stay away from the (((Kimber))) and (((Sig))) though if you decide to go that rout.

Colt Cobra .38 special, just because it's old doesn't mean it doesn't kill, they used them for 40 years for a reason

Do make sure to get an older manufacture one though if you go colt, Some of the QC and finishes ive been seeing nowadays have been... Sub-par to say the least.

interesting, although doubtful I'll find a good one in Central Europe, worth a try tho, thanks
will check it out
I'll ask around my gun club if someone carries/has it and will try to give it a spin, they sell for a decent price where I live so worth checking out, thanks
jeez, checked based quints

Got mine very recent with the exactly the same intention to use it for CC

Overall great gun if you love the all steel and no those Polymer heretic bs

However, some word of caution:

First of all since 75B compact does not have a decocker this means that you'll have to carry it lock and cocked

Second, the trigger and the sight is pretty bad, so either upgrade it after you bought it or go to CZ custom for a straight modified ones

Lastly, since all steel, it means weight. So be prepare to get conformable withing carrying this hunk of metal on you

Overall, if you turely want a CZ-75B compact as a CC, I would recommend spending a little more other model ( P-01 or D compact) 75B compact is adequate for the job, but there is much better model out there.

Attached: pic.jpg (960x584, 185K)

Makarovs are great

>First of all since 75B compact does not have a decocker this means that you'll have to carry it lock and cocked
The s o y has gone to your head. Anybody who doesn't have arthritis can thumb down the hammer safely.

If you want steel and are on a budget, I'd suggest something made by Beretta. A lot of guys here are suggesting the PPK, but in my experience shooting and carrying PPKs, they are a bit overrated. A beautiful gun aesthetically and fantastic as a collector's piece, but by today's standards too heavy for its size, and the modern .380s just aren't as reliable as the .32ACP they were originally designed for. Not to mention they're really not that cheap compared to other options on the market.

Also, the meme about polymer pistols not being as able to run for eternity, well, they haven't been around for an eternity to prove the technology yet. I own both polymer and steel framed pistols. They both have the capacity to be incredibly reliable. Perhaps if you were to run over them with a car, the steel framed would be less likely to be crushed, but unless you're doing some ultra violent, war zone operating, I don't think it would matter too much.

I've been carrying a polymer pistol for about two years now and the actual steel part of the gun is where the wearing shows (blueing.) The actual polymer looks like it did on the day I bought it.

>Anybody who doesn't have arthritis can thumb down the hammer safely.

Well, if you want the risk of accidental discharge then be my guest

I don't fancy a hole on my wall

People have been doing it successfully for like 170 years.

>People have been doing it successfully for like 170 years.

So you are saying that just because people have been doing X for Y amount of years it is ok to do the same thing?

Well, I guess since people have been murdering each other for god knows how long, then I guess it is ok for me to do so right?

Also, >Call me a onions for pointing out issues with CZ-75

Who is the real onions here?

Attached: 1525386104701.jpg (4008x5344, 607K)

Maks are fucking great. Capacity is abysmal, but they're chunky and solid and stupidly accurate. You can also get a really neat holster for them where you holster the gun uncocked, safety on, and empty chamber, but you can push down on it and various catches and protrusions will flip the safety off and rack the slide (thus cocking it), bringing you from condition 3 to condition 0 in no time.

Also the heel mag release is an abomination, but you can get aftermarket grips that have a lever that hooks into it, so you get a mag release right next to the slide release. At this point you've probably spent $90 on accessories for a $250 gun and will be waiting a month for everything to ship from Russia, but it's totally worth it.

>trigger is bad

>Who is the real onions here?
Still you. It was always you. Learn how to wordfilter.

If you want some unconventional answer, you could consider a long barreled single action Ruger (prob a Vaquero, wouldn't want the adjustable sight of a Blackhawk to snag) and carry it Mexican-style, perhaps with a "string holster" (look into it, it's a better option than shoving the gun in your pants and it prevent slipping). Single actions revolvers with a transfer bar are the absolute safest firearm in the world. They will not fire if the hammer isn't cocked, simply put. Never ever. Given you won't depend on a holster, you get little print, and if you do things the good way, with the cylinder above the belt, the barrel will leave nearly no print on the pant (though you'll need more than a shirt to conceal the above part). With a 5,5 inch or 7,5 inch barrel, it should not move even with strenuous physical activity.

Single action revolvers of the Ruger Brand are made in good calibers, they point naturally, and they have a lot of other good things - with a few, simple modifications, they become quite fast to reload, too. But I agree there are equivalent and better options.I just want to tell you people it's perfectly acceptable.

Rage on, I guess.