True Grit

Any books or other material you could recommend dealing with the mental aspects of warfare?

Attached: 1_66dkW4H1tYxlku-eVAusOA.jpg (300x168, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.org/ebooks/1170?msg=welcome_stranger
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The book of five rings by Miyamoto musashi

"Don't be a bitch, someone had it worse, find a way to talk to people if you really need it, don't suck dick for charity."
-user 2018, you can pay me by memecoin

Mattis carries a copy of "Meditations" to remind him nothing about war is new and someone has faced his problems before. Also "Rape of Nanking" would probably prepare you for the worst of what you'd see, "Man's search for meaning" would likely help you cope with it all, and "Ordinary men" should give you the perspective necessary not to become an evil "order follower". I haven't read these but they're on my list, good luck user.

Thucydides

Jocko Willink reads a lot of great books on his podcast.

Nope. There isn't a book or any literature that will help you with that.

If everything you do is just totally fucked up you got a choice between keep going and try to fix or salvage whatever went wrong, or give up. Just quit. Go die or something.

Read Xenophon's Anabasis.

People will tell you to read Aurelius, Thucydides or other ancient authors but Anabasis has literally everything you could hope for and more actual examples of combat and war then the others.

Translation on the Anabasis sucks. It's so literal it hardly fits any context in English.

>Go die or something
What's your problem?

Which translation did you read? I had no issues with the one I read.

Maybe I'm just a prick?
gutenberg.org/ebooks/1170?msg=welcome_stranger

>gutenberg.org/ebooks/1170?msg=welcome_stranger
Actually been a while since I read it, the format and all of it looks completely different now. This is just a years old link of where I had originally found it. I'm going to have to re-read it sometime.

>Maybe I'm just a prick?
Well you know what they say
"Pricks get rickets and up dicklets."

bump

this is a good one. very very good.

Attached: Violenceofmind-V2-Final-Final.jpg (1800x2700, 1.21M)

Got an ebook?

one of the few books worth buying because the author is a good man

> "Ordinary men" should give you the perspective necessary not to become an evil "order follower".
lmao killing jews is not the same as killing humans

Tom clancy

Attached: images.jpg (218x231, 8K)

Attached: Kill Communists.jpg (500x503, 55K)