Gun actions

Discuss pros and cons of different actions.
Bonus: What is the best action and why?

Attached: Delayed_blow_back_breech_with_locking_rollers_(en).svg.png (2000x1650, 146K)

depends on what purpose you have for the rifle.

roller lock a shit

Attached: FAL on table.jpg (4032x3024, 1.59M)

It really doesn't. It does depend on the caliber but the purpose doesn't matter. Infact the action is really the only purpose independent part of the gun, it's the barrel, furniture, accesories and all that crap that is purpose dependent

I do agree that rotating bolt>any kind of blowback

>It really doesn't.
It really does because there are tons of different actions

A single action pistol for example only fires when the hammer is cocked, maybe you prefer a double action pistol because of this.

Maybe you're just plinking so you don't need something complex, just something recoil operated like one of those ruger pistol carbines. Maybe you want a gas blowback system because it'll be more reliable in the long run. Maybe you want a direct impingement system so you can gain some of the benefits of free float and less moving parts.

or hell maybe you're not interested in semi autos, maybe you want a bolt action rifle for hunting or precision shooting.

It all matters a lot.

>depends on what purpose you have for the rifle
>starts talking about pistols

it literally doesn't matter, the action and firearm you choose is application based.

Gas-operated short stroke rotating bolt is the best action for self loading rifles. Linkless-tilting barrel short recoil is the best action for semiautomatic pistols in sensible calibers.

At least until the next big thing comes along.

>it literally doesn't matter,
Thanks for agreeing :^)

What about non tilting barrel?

Fixed barrel blowback is good for retard proof guns like PPKs and Maks, but they're not as comfy.

I was mostly talking about the Arsenal Stryk desu. It uses some kind of piece to keep the barrel in place during firing but is otherwise identical to most blowback pistols. Shouldn't that be superior to tilting barrel?

Attached: s14763_grande.jpg (480x360, 29K)

I love my Beretta, and it's quite accurate, but tilting barrel is cheaper, simpler, and more durable than straight recoiling short recoil with a locking block.

Straight blowback is only suitable for tiny babby cartridges or with brick-heavy slides.

Name the cartridge in this image Jow Forums

.17 Chode

Best actions are respectively:

>inertia for shotguns
as far as I'm aware it doesn't have ony major downsides by comparison to gas and long recoil

>lever delayed for salt rifles
super reliable, and super simple
only downside is that it won't cycle low recoil loads, something that doesn't matter outside SF and 3gun

>gas delayed (underbarrel piston) for pistols
you get fixed barrel, low recoil, supreme reliability
cons: most gun owners in largest market in the world are lazy fucks who don't want to clean their pistols so unless this attitude somehow changes it will never become mainstream

multi lug rotating bolt short stroke piston
Any other answer is quite simply just incorrect.

Attached: 1502878860859.png (693x382, 289K)

correct answer
incorrect answer

Rotating 8 locking lug you dimwited moron. The lever delayed has a ungodly high rate of fire, causing it to tear the casings backs out as well as making the gun a brass rapist. Never mind the fact that it is less repeatable, and therefore less reliable in locking accuracy.