Home Security General (HSG)

Getting my first home real soon. Wanting to set it up with a security system. Any security companies you like? Which offer the best value?

Attached: 81344FB9-D0CC-4EF8-BF40-FCA65F6A1D2E.jpg (4082x2711, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mul-T-Lock-Dead-Bolt-Adjustable-Commercial-Residential/dp/B01N1EVVQV/ref=br_lf_m_87a5jnww68ca6zo_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=hiDont
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

go to Jow Forums. this has nothing to do with weapons.

Attached: 800px-HeatFNFAL-2.jpg (800x333, 76K)

>security system
> having nothing to do with self defense

Nigger are you serious? Does your autism flare with ration threads?

>Door brace (floor mount)
>Concrete vestibule for every entrance with the second set of doors having two dead bolts.
(doubles as a mud room)
>3M security film on all windows
>6 inches deep of river rocks or gravel for 3-10 feet around the perimeter of the house
(makes noise and is a chore-free alternative to gutters)
>blatantly obvious fake security cameras
>hidden security cameras that post to a home internal server running RAID 6 or RAID 10
>motion sensor flood lights around the entirety of your property
>no trees or shrubbery within 20 yards of house
>Big dog/s or n+1 medium dogs
(Malmute, husky, great dane, german sheppard, doberman, etc)
>reinforced door frames
>windows that lock
(and the mechanism for which is secured with more than just some 1 inch screws)
>a phone to call your insurance agent to ask what you can do to lower your risk and payments
>digital peephole
>Ceiling (upper wall) mounted cameras hidden inside of corner moulding
(have them face the entrance and away from the entrance, or better yet, just have one in every corner)
>flag pole (on top of which is a disguised 360 view camera)
>flood light for the flag.
you're not a commie, are you?

That's pretty much the best you can do without beginning to prep for glow-in-the-dark niggers instead of just normal niggers.

>Home Security General
>General
nobody except you wants to discuss this shit. don't call it a general. and just buy a shotgun for $300 you fucking retard

This.

I'm kinda interested in base-building, but I don't think we need more generals

Attached: 1525824731858.jpg (800x600, 117K)

there's literal anime threads in this shitty board. This is more on topic than your average thread. I'd suggest going back to those and comparing your rifle to a cartoon

>tannerite everywhere all connected and behind every piece of drywall
>8-10,000lbs of tannerite
>AR for home defense
if somebody breaks in either you shoot them and it’s over, or you miss and it’s over

What companies have you guys gone through? Or was yours more If a dyi thing? Around here most places are asking for 500-1k for install and 30-80 a month depending on features. Was thinking cameras in front and back, touchpad front door, doorbell cam, window sensors, indoor motion detector.

Attached: 458AE538-417E-46A8-8D45-63EAB9137309.gif (200x180, 2.97M)

I use beretta, heard they do the job just fine.

No, but really, I have a automatic front gate, steel doors, 24/7 alarm system by password with motion sensors around the house and opening sensors on the doors.
And I have 2 dogs on the backyard, with cameras on the outside perimeter and facing the street, wich I can see live from my cellphone.
Also have eletric fencing all around the property, and obviously high walls.

Can't say for any companies in particular, but I personally think that's all a big waste of money, in the end what really solves the problem is a good firearm.

How to secure a glass sliding door?

3m security film, and then latter removing and replacing it with a reinforced frame and turning it into a normal door.

>Jow Forums - self defense
ah so that's what this board's topic is

Attached: 1507846358507m.jpg (1024x898, 68K)

Decent quality locks.
amazon.com/Mul-T-Lock-Dead-Bolt-Adjustable-Commercial-Residential/dp/B01N1EVVQV/ref=br_lf_m_87a5jnww68ca6zo_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=hiDont forget good quality hinges too, that way they can't just kick it down.

A good security system is H&K and S&W. The four guardian angels of my home.

Except when you aren't home. Thanks it's just more stuff for the niggers to pawn.

Hope you have lots of dragon dildos and a few 55 gallon drums of cum lube

Attached: dragon breach.png (457x283, 50K)

step 1: live in a small town that is majority white
step 2: be hasguns
step 3: be hasdogs
>pic related - Luger, the most intimidating retard shepherd in the world

Attached: IMG_5943c.jpg (2000x1333, 736K)

Attached: Nugget_Security.png (1753x897, 52K)

A co worker of mine was able to deter a break in with one of those live cloud security cameras. I sensed motion in the house, he called the cops, and the burglars ran after the camera started screaming. Another co worker has a safe motion sensor, but I think that having cameras is probably a more versatile solution.

Just find one of these signs and put it in your yard. There you don't have to pay money for criminals to see that you have a system.

Nice

How do you prep for glow in the dark niggers?

Similar story

>have one of those cameras
>work third shift
>motion detected
>camera has audio too
>whistle through the phone
>Jamal goes "da fuck dat be"
>Have my pistol out, chamber it so the slide rack hits the phone
>"I'll be there for you niggers in three minutes."

They were gone in 15 seconds. Funny thing is I did live about three minutes from work at the time and I had already clocked out for a break to go over there to confront them because the local PD is about as competent as a drunk pissing in a straight line.

Gas leak explosion.

Somebody post the gif

>Any security companies you like?

Tactical Response.
Becaue your responsibility never ends.

This guy securities

I want to believe

I have a simplisafe system personally. Have a little house in an alright neighborhood, but its near a main road in south tampa so there's lots of colored fellas that pass by.

Most of the pro companies wanted way too much and only had set systems. But simplisafe will let you pick and choose what components you need, and they send them to you and you install it all yourself. Took me about 30 minutes to get everything where I wanted.

The MAIN reason I went with them, besides the whole DIY system, is the security cameras have privacy shields. You can set it so when you're home the little privacy shield is down, then when you set it to away the shield pops up and the camera is always watching for motion. I didn't want zuckerberg or bezos spying on me through the cloud. The plan I have is $25 and it keeps camera recordings for 30 days. The cameras pick up motion and have IR lights, they have mics too but you cant do 2 way communication like ring cams. With the plan you also get 24/7 monitoring, can arm the system from the app, and can get text alerts along with push alerts etc. The base station has a 4g card for if your wifi goes out and a 3 day battery back up.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. I wish they had an outdoor cam like Ring but apparently it's in the works. The other systems I considered were ring's and nest's but simplisafe had been in the security market for a while. No complaints so far and I've had it since Dec. The forums have soom boomers bitching about customer service, but I've never needed to contact them. One time I had a false alarm and was alerted instantly and actually called dispatch back and they picked up instantly, so as long as dispatch is good I'm good.

Anyways, I'm out of the house for 12 hours a day cause I'm not a NEET. Everyone telling you to just buy a gun is a retard, and I don't want some chinks spying on me with some random cloud cam.

Have lived in a small town with more churches than homes, 90% white. These are some of the most prone areas to drug crime, often because of the combination of low job prospects and the type of backbreaking work (i.e. farming) that's common there.

If you are serious about security, DO NOT racial profile. While you are vigilant for the darkness, meth-addled white guy slips into your blind spot, preying on your preconceived notions to score a free TV. Don't for a second believe problems go away once "those other guys" move out. There are always low men on the totem pole, when you remove one, there's another one to fill the spot.

Pic related. Caught this woman stealing packages from my doorstep pretending to be delivery service. The cheapest home in my neighborhood is over 600k and predominantly white.

Attached: Screenshot_20180707-202019.png (1440x2560, 1.22M)

NIggers are 13% of the population and commit 50% of crime. Male niggers are 7% of the population and cause 45% of crime...

You're a retarded shill.

"It h-has to be the blacks, no proper white man like myself would ever commit crime!"
Prepare for what you're most likely to face retard, if you're surrounded by white heroin junkies then surprise surprise you're more likely to get broken into by them than some Jamal who's way out of his neighborhood.

Attached: 1511529891007.png (426x309, 68K)

Shilling for what tho?

Understood, but I guess that flies in the face of advice to live in white neighborhoods, which was my original objection. Opiod related crime is absolutely rampant and there is practically no refuge from it in the US. Whites are a massive representation here because their first drug dealer is usually a doctor. The related crime/criminals here are underrepresented because surprise surprise, this group can afford lawyers.

Profiling doesn't work because the criminals just end up hiring/working with people that don't fit the profile. And there are plenty of non-black junkies to fill that hole. Criminals refine their trade. Having a security theory predicated on such a flimsy model is downright negligent.

My neighborhood has an active community that shares ring videos and nosy neighbor alerts over social media and relay it to the local sherrifs department who actively investigate and stop the suspicious people flagged when spotted. Becauses high affluence of the area, the typical criminal element is a white individual pretending to be delivery or construction workers, putting on hard hats or carrying clipboards. This is the danger you miss out on. If you don't look for it, it doesn't exist, right?

Attached: 1480129514508.gif (350x350, 1.93M)

Thanks to this man for being sane! As bad as niggers are, you don't exactly see Barack Obama or Clarence Thomas stealing TVs. It's the poor that commit crimes. Just so happens that like all blacks are poor. But not all poor are black. Beware those who have nothing to lose and something to gain from fucking you up

>there are two holes in my roof
>one produces a torrent of water
>the other a few dozen drops an hour
>ignore the torrent and focus on the pin hole

wew

This doesn’t change the fact that blacks outrageously outpace other racial groups in overrepresenting the criminal population. Black males commit more than half of all violent crime. That’s 5% of the American population. Yeah no shit white people commit crimes too. Only a retard advocates ever letting your guard down.

Not one person is saying ignore anything.
They're saying the exact opposite and you should worry about both holes.
I don't know if you're genuinely retarded or just race baiting, but in either case fuck off back to Jow Forums.

Attached: 1531954902013.jpg (1920x1080, 715K)

Do you make the ads for security systems? You go ahead and live in the ghetto and tell me how it’s the same as living in an affluent white neighborhood. Holy shit, someone (a Mexican woman by the looks of it) stole your amazon box, how will you ever recover?

Anything but ADT, they are garbage. They've sent crews here four times and they still cant get the system to work. They use cheap chinese equipment and barely trained nogs to install them.

>big dog
Pointless. They're warning at best, they're not security.

Simplisafe has an enticing price point and the dyi aspect doesn’t seem too bad. The lack of external cameras kills me though. I have no desire for cameras inside my house. I don’t want some chink watching me fap

Pretty much what I use my dog for. It’s crazy what she picks up on and starts barking at. In a break in situation she’d probably give me 60+ seconds of lead time I’d never have.

Isn‘t this beyond the very basic security stuff already prepping for glow-in-the-dark black people?

Exact same fucking story with ADT
Shit stopped working a week after it was installed
We actually got broken into WHILE we were waiting for a repair guy to come look at the garbage broken sensors
If I were a burgler I would specifically target houses with ADT stickers because it's guaranteed to be useless and full of suckers
I think smart home shit has made making your own set up extremely easy if you're at all tech savvy, so I went that route

that's exactly I put it there. Big dog = big bark.

>in either case fuck off back to Jow Forums.
>>facts are too offensive
Back to you'll be among friends with the other retards who don't believe in genetics.

> muh genetics
> muh statics
Yes Cletus of course you know more about this than people who literally dedicate their lives to it

Attached: 1529249210627.jpg (776x541, 91K)

What setup you using, famalam?

>muh appeal to authority
You're either a nigger, retarded, or a sophist.
Stop trying to derail the thread.

Ur like a little babby

Attached: 1BF0DD1B-304E-49D4-91F4-1AD4CC480237.jpg (657x960, 125K)

Bonus
>skilled sniper (once killed 2 republican guards with a single shot).
>Never fires a shot while chimping out

>DO NOT racial profile

Attached: whocanitbe7.jpg (498x328, 36K)

AFAIK they are working on external cameras.

As for the internal cameras, they have the privacy shield like I mentioned. It's a little stainless steel plate that pops up and down over the lens. You can audibly see and hear it happen. You can set it so the shield is closed when youre home, and open when youre away.

I want to get damarkus and tupacs face on cam in my house as theyre stealing things. I also DON'T want to get on cam me shooting them without mercy, if it happens while I'm home, and the privacy shield will be closed in that case.

That woman is clearly white.

Attached: whocanitbe3.jpg (680x596, 124K)

You dont want to replay the footage of you defending your castle in slow motion to some sweet dub step in the back ground?

I thought that was the whole purpose for having cameras in your house...

I'm going to route around the racebaiting for a sec. A good security program should involve strong regimented process that can be applied no matter what color human trips your sensors.

Any security program is basically an insurance policy. Number one rule to insurance policies--dont spend more on insurance than the value of the property you are protecting. As far as loss of property goes, home owners insurance is probably the best bang for your buck money wise.

With that said any base security ADT or an improved ADT clone is good for basic boundary awareness. The objective is not to make your house inpenetrable... remember--risk is the likelihood of some negative occurrence happening. On a long enough time scale, all risks approach 100% probability, and will approach near infinite cost to secure. Your objective is to make your house is secure enough that criminals will simply look for an easier or more tasteful target.

Lock your doors. Always. Lights on timers. Take in your mail and deliveries frequently. Dont advertise your wealth and possessions. Maybe get a dog that barks at strangers. Do all of this and even the cheapest of security systems will be fine.

For protection of life, there is noone interested in your life more than yourself. Jow Forums always advocates for guns here. That's a no brainer.

Jow Forums is always read for the Dark Horde, and provide impractical overboard solutions. You don't need it as long as you apply your tools with rigorous process. Any and all family must be trained in the process as well.

Attached: 1419175894445.jpg (500x500, 91K)

Literally looks like her

Attached: DB859B6B-8338-4928-BE62-6236390751FF.jpg (200x281, 20K)

Isn't having cameras even in inside your house a bit paranoid, unless your life in venezuela, south africa or some central american hellhole?

White female in 40s.

Attached: Screenshot_20180707-202024.png (1440x2560, 1.27M)

niggers are less cautious about hiding their identity once they break in. You are likely able to learn their names, and in addition you are able to catalog all losses for insurance purposes. Also niggers like to break shit for fun, so once they are caught you can put the niggers in jail for even longer.

This is a great list

Nice thinly veiled political thread faggot.

is this bait or autism? This forum has fucking threads on anime, movies, and video games, but a thread asking about security systems to augment a home defense solution is somehow construed as an off-topic political thread? For real? Summer is truly cancer.

the only way that lady could be more mexican would be if she had a mariachi suit on, a taco in one hand, a maracca in another, and an ICE agent holding her by the scruff of the neck.

I agree with that. I opted for no cameras inside the house; my calculus being the risk of IoT or cloud resource providers compromising my inner too high a risk for any added value. Video footage of a burlgler eating my cheese? So what--hes inside my house already.

The alternative risk. Some Romanian is watching me want it when I'm home alone. I don't need that shit.

>my calculus being the risk of IoT or cloud resource providers compromising my inner too high a risk for any added value
So don't connect it to the internet faggot. Just use an internal server...

>Video footage of a nigger eating my cheese? So what
It means you know to throw out that cheese.

Security cameras are a great way to watch people take stuff from your home while at work, 10/10 would recommend.

I went with Vivint. 45$ a month with a doorbell camera a Vivint panel similar to an iPad that attaches on the wall and a nest thermostat
>pic related my doorbell camera
Sorry for the drawing but cant give away my tactical position

Attached: 20180721_125512.jpg (1080x608, 212K)

>once they are caught
That's not going to happen

Why does every company charge a monthly fee? It feels like a scam.

>licence plate
>name
>faces
>not going to get caught
I'm not too sure about that.

Because your paying for their services. It nice too that when I open any of my doors my monitor will loudly tell which one was just opened

I live near the border, I know how Mexicans look. But I know you're trying to get a rise.

Moving to an upper middle class or higher white neighborhood is the best security system you can get.

That's what I mean, most of the utility is achieved through hardware, so what are you really paying for with the monthly fee?

I guess the ability to always be connected to 911. When I close up my doors for the night and hit my alarm system it's like a security blanket. If any of my windows or door is opened the alarm will sound, and ungodly loud st that and 911 will be called within 15 second. The 15 is just in case it was you and have time to turn it off without the police arriving . A while it is 45$ a month I do like the fact that I dont have to worry about my phone. I can grab my gun and know the police will be there shortly. Also, they can hear everything through the panel when the alarm is activated. But I do see what your saying though. I'm pretty sure you can by all of these things on Amazon

He does have a point though, but I'm sure most people can recognize crack heads white or black are no good for people with good shit n

This. They just hired my half retarded manlet brother-in-law as an installation tech. God help whoever gets their work done by him.

Looks like a junkie to me

Don't get me wrong, that sound great, but that type of service and the price points reek of either poor business structure, selling hardware at a loss, or lazy owners content with what is already coming in.
When the quality of your service is 99% dependent on hardware, I don't think it's reasonable to be charging more than $10 a month.

I do agree with you. 45$ does seem high but I honestly haven't done research to other companys to see what their rate is. It was 75$ before my wife and I paid off the equipment (besides the point) Like I said, you can probably make a one time purchase of all these things on Amazon and not have a monthly bill which is something I might look into.

What do you think of that? The install cost seemed a bit more than most. Do you feel like the juice is worth the squeeze? The lifestyle upgrades seemed tempting with the "smart home" stuff.

No. Buy everything online and you can do the exact same thing . The contract is for 4 years and your monthly bill will be 75$ for a year or more until you pay off the equipment and then it drops to 45$
Amazon has the nest thermostat, doorbell camera that's better then the one that they offer and at a cheaper price. Just make sure your wifi can crank out the juice needed for it. With phones, the thermostat, camera ect my wifi has 12 things connected to it at any given time. Just trying to help you.

Forgot to mention the cameras and the nest thermostat is freaking nice though. Whenever I'm away I can check my house inside and out. The thermostat is "smart" so it's like YouTube history and learns your habits. Also can control it from my phone so I turn the air up during the day and around 3:30 I'll crank it down 72 to get it comfy for when I get home then next thing I know it started doing it for me

>3M security film on all windows
Where do you find this shit? It ain't on amazon and I can't find it at home depot.

Type in "3M security film" into google, then go to 3M's website. Click the big button that says "FIND AN AUTHORIZED DEALER"

I have their solar panels. The site is nice but i can't figure out at all how they charge me. Feels scammy.

what the fuck you have to be an authorized dealer for some TAPE?!

You don't. But you do in order for 3M's manufacturer warranties to apply, and to know you aren't just getting normal polypropylene film and glue.

>thinks the big banner at the top of the page that reads WEAPONS is pronounced “self-defense.”
You’ve got a reading comprehension problem. Might be dyslexia. Better get that checked out.

They'll run a credit check and do every month they will charge you automatically on your credit/debit card. I went with them when they were really coming into their own and didnt have company vehicles or uniforms yet. It seemed sketchy then and I'll be honest with you. If what your looking for is "smart home" equipment your better off going to home depot or Amazon desu and you won't be under contract. How do you like the solar panels though? How much can you run with them?

Shit. I'm hungover and forgot to add that if you really want a security system and the smartphone aspect of it, it's not a bad company. There isn't any hidden fees and there customer service is nice as well. If theres a problem they send someone out for free with in a day. My doorbell stopped working one morning and they came out within 4 or 5 hours that same day and replaced it, giving me some free equipment. Not much but still pretty nice

That's why you get a camera with a privacy shield, like the OP he's replying to did, dumbass

While this thread is here, would it be a bad idea to get a wire-free (battery powered cameras) home surveillance system? My house has a finished basement and attic (no way inside the walls) and only one exterior power outlet. There are however no shortage of places I can mount the cameras without the cameras catching someone trying to reach them.

Don't use outlets, wire them 'directly' to the mains like you would with a light fixture or ceiling fan.

>No shrubbery within 20yd of the house
>Not bedding rose bushes or cactus in front of ground floor windows

For why, sir? If I ever get my own piece of property, I'm planting thorny shit all over my fences, and under my windows. Yeah, someone can just bring a carpet or two, but that's probably more work than they're looking for.

Do keep in mind that 3M isn't stopping fuck all, just making it a pain in the dick.