10mm is the best fucking round

10mm is the best fucking round

Attached: 51656i_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

targetsportsusa.com/prvi-partizan-303-british-ammo-174-grain-fmj-pp391-p-106.aspx
youtube.com/results?search_query=underwood 135gr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No it's not.

is too

No it's not!

It's pretty cool

Attached: IMG_20161201_202359.jpg (1441x1070, 276K)

Only at literally one thing(with current market offerings), chucking heavy bullets pretty fast out of an autoloader. Makes a lot of sense as a woods defense gun but that's about all it excels at.

sure if you expect to be attacked by bears

How's recoil with defense ammunition?

Would 124gr 9mm NATO kill bears?

Yup. Despite the memes they are not actually bullet proof.

Yes it is.

wow...

Attached: DSCF0551.jpg (1600x1200, 635K)

4U

Nuh uh

Yes it is, user! Now it's time for you to go to bed. What story would you like me to read to you?

Attached: you.png (645x729, 70K)

10mm is an awesome round.
But its overkill for 99.978% of handgun situations.

Price
Recoil
Capacity
Limited platform manufacturers

Its like buying a .50 Beowulf AR (I have one)
It does a lot of things better.
But you ate more likely of being hit by lightning than finding yourself in a situation where it will make a difference.

‘Tis user

>Price
I'am not on a budget
>Recoil
My 125lb wife shoots my worked Delta
>Capacity
Extra mags are skiny
>Limited platform manufacturers
Ruger
Sig
Colt
Springfield
Rock island
Kimber
Glock
Kris

Attached: mostmanly.jpg (900x600, 107K)

Yes, just hit them in the head. The only problem with bears is they have a lot of fat so it's easy to miss their organs. But a charging bear? It really shouldn't be hard to hit them in the face.

Yuh huh

>10mm is an awesome round.
Correct
>But its overkill for 99.978% of handgun situations.
Incorrect

>Price
It ranges from .40 s&w prices to niche pricing, it's around .45 acp pricing but the reload cost is literally the same as .40 s&w which is not expensive at all

>Recoil
Again, it ranges from very tame to very hot. There are defense loads in the range of .40 to .45 acp +p

>Capacity
Literally same as .40, the only difference is you need a long frame like .45 acp or .38 super size but 15+1 out of a Glock 20 isn't exactly a small amount. Plus there are basepads.

>Limited platform manufacturers
Compared to what, 9mm? Sure. But there are 3 distinct Glock models not including different generations, there are countless 1911's, there are nuSIGs, there are GP100's, there are tanfoglios, etc. There are definitely options.

>Its like buying a .50 Beowulf AR (I have one)
No, .50 Beowulf costs way more to shoot, has way less capacity than the normal AR chambering (~10 compared to 30+), and there isn't as much load variation.

>It does a lot of things better.
Yes this is true

>But you ate more likely of being hit by lightning than finding yourself in a situation where it will make a difference.
Maybe, but 10mm has probably the widest range of loadings amongst the popular autoloader handgun cartridges so inherently you can benefit from that.

Why is 10mm considered too much for self defense, most would rather have a stronger rifle bullet anyway? Is there no benefit from going twice the muzzle energy of the regular three if you can control the recoil?

>Why is 10mm considered too much for self defense,
Who says this?

Attached: DSCN9546.jpg (3264x2448, 1.78M)

Hornady xtp loads are ballistically equivalent to .45 +p loads. Same bullet weight and velocity, just slightly different diameter.

>overkill/incorrect
Overpenetration is a thing.
>Price
I should have included availability- my lgs has .41 mag, but not 10mm.
>recoil
Train as you fight. If you're too much of a pussy for full loads, then why the fuck are you carrying it at all?
>capacity
Having the same rounds as a .40 is not a good thing. That's 9mm fanbois #1 (legitimate) benefit.
>limited manufacturers
Half of what you listed ate garbage. The other half are very limited ergonomically. I stand by my original post.
>.50 Beowulf
Higher cost and less capacity than 5.56
Just like higher cost and less capacity than 9mm.
You just btfo yourself. (I personally hate 9mm and refuse to own one).

I bet 15 dollarydoos you've never even shot one.

add overpenetration to that list and thats some infallible logic.

Anyone that has any idea of what terminal ballistics are.

>10 millimemer

>Not just getting a Coonan in .357 mag

Over penetration is a thing with certain loads, just like other guns

Your LGS is an anomaly, I see 10mm about as often as .357 sig. Not as common as 9mm, .40, .45 in that Wally world carried lots, but it's pretty easy to find at Cabela's, Bass pro, or any other outdoors store.

>Train as you fight. If you're too much of a pussy for full loads, then why the fuck are you carrying it at all?
I think you misunderstood the entire point I was making about load variability. It's also odd you're trying to make this point but also citing over penetration.

>Having the same rounds as a .40 is not a good thing. That's 9mm fanbois #1 (legitimate) benefit.
The fuck you talking about? The Glock 17 only has 2 more rounds. The Glock 20 has the most rounds on tap of any handgun worth considering for handgun hunting or outdoors defense. Glocks also have large capacity for .40/10mm...

>Half of what you listed ate garbage. The other half are very limited ergonomically. I stand by my original post.
Based on? All of the ones I listed have legitimate guns for 10mm. It's not like I tried to even cite niche guns.

>50 Beowulf Higher cost and less capacity than 5.56
Just like higher cost and less capacity than 9mm.
You just btfo yourself. (I personally hate 9mm and refuse to own one).

Are you listening to yourself? Because you're using extreme examples to make a fairly retarded point. 9mm is one of the cheapest cartridges there is, just because other cartridges are slightly more expensive doesn't make them pointless. On the other hand 50 Beowulf is expensive as shit. 10mm isn't that expensive and sits way closer to 9mm in price than 50 Beowulf. 10mm factory loads are actually comparable to brass 5.56 in cost, from around 30 CPR like m193 to high end loadings like Underwood and buffalo bore which compare to 5.56 loads like Hornady tap, gold dots, etc in price.

>Falling for the coonan meme
>Rimmed cartridge + autoloader

I'll think about it when you start calling it centimeter auto.

>what terminal ballistics are
What are they for the month of July?

Attached: DSCF0662.jpg (1600x1200, 624K)

Way too fucking much too get shots on target in a reasonable time frame.

Hardcast would be ideal, but probably. NATO stuff is on the hot end of 9mm but you would need to mag dump the thing to be safe.

Why'd you put a 38 special next to a 9mm? =)

10mm Buffalo Bore 220g. Recoil is nothing spectacular. I have 12 years old kids shoot the pistol with some help and guidance. No problems. Gen 4 Glock 20 dead stock.

You are crazy if you shoot that out of that

500 plus rounds so far. At least 3 times that of other stuff.

That's like just crazy man.

Attached: DSCF0089.jpg (1600x1200, 630K)

I tried a glock 29 with the buffalo bore....Now that is crazy.

Too expensive to pew pew. I already have a 6.8 SPC II I never shoot due to ammo costs so why buy another?

Cause 10mm is best mm.

Attached: 2016-11-13 16.12.23.jpg (3264x1836, 2.05M)

>chucking heavy bullets pretty fast out of an autoloader
>but that's about all it excels at.

what the hell more do you want from a handgun?

460 Rowland is better

10mm is sold everywhere. Walmart carries it.

>Round
Spotted underage

Walmart carries tons of stuff, I am not sure how or why, I assume they just buy up everything. I've seen some pretty niche rounds at my local wal mart that's in a very suburb and dare say upper class area that's quite no guns. Some of the odder rounds I've seen 303 brit 6.5 grendel and 375 H&H 300 blackout

I'd really like to know how they do it logistically because I often poke there for the best prices and I have to be the only person there who's not buying carry pistol stuff or deer gun stuff.

303 brit is due to 1.5 million SMLE's floating around. Number pulled out of my ass. 375H H well that was very popular conversion round for 98K's at one time.

Are custom glock backplates the surest sign that someone is a total douche?

Yes, specially Punisher ones.

Got my eye on the Grim Reaper glock backplate. Would that make me a douche?

10mm is just long 40.

Ausfag here

Is 10mm about the same "stoppan powah" of 45 or a bit more?

>45 super exists

Attached: FB_IMG_1532242304491.jpg (618x960, 42K)

much more

>t. manlet FBI agent

t. baby wrists FBI

this is what happens when you let a bunch of virgin teens post in a forum about guns.

Considering it's not a MAGNUM round it must be puny.

Why don't you step into realm of .22 MAGNUM and feel the real power?

You see .22 MAGNUM is a rifle round not a pussy pistol auto loader.

Attached: 16.jpg (500x380, 207K)

Holy macaroni that round must be a hammer of Thor! I bet it sends people flying.

However .22MAGNUM will bounce around even more than a .22

Attached: 29733_3.jpg (1250x1096, 86K)

Mah nibba

Spoken like a nogunz cidiot. Spend a ytime amongst rural people, everyone has stories of bear and yote encounters, wolves becoming more prevalent too again. Everyone in rural VA keeps a slug gun handy for bear, some people see them so much they just load rubber slugs so they don't have to constantly be cleaning up dead bear carcass. 10mm makes absolute sense to carry around away from the house (admittedly the older fudd crowd is still stuck on 44 mag revolvers).

As for human threats, it's an old meme already that common cartridges don't put men down reliably. Why not try something more powerful? I personally can't wait to see how liberty 60gr copper memes work on wild hogs in my area, if the results are promising then I see no reason it wouldn't apply to putting down Jamal's with ease.

It isn't, there are just shills and trolls here memeing stupid shit all day. It's the equivalent of salon.com headlines.

That's why I personally say hot over heavy. Recoil is a pretty linear thing, the heavier a bullet is for the same amount of muzzle energy, the worse the recoil, so why go heavy? Also, the whole "muh lead hardcast to penetrate bear skull" seems dumb, penetration is largely a function of sectional density / speed. Lots of fuddlore still going into the description of what "stopping power" is, or what adequate / inadequate / too much penetration is.

I love the liberty low weight copper meme, but past that I wouldn't carry heavier than the Underwood 135gr jhp. Shouldn't recoil mich worse than a +p++ 9mm, which is sort of what it is.

You just described the purpose of a gun and said "chucking" like it's somehiw negative. What does your usp do, give you a reach around afterwards? For the price it ought to

10mm fags need to be permabanned

Seething false 9

I'd mag dump .50 if I'd see a bear charging me "just to be safe".

>muh terminal fudd ballistics

Good in concept = a refined heavy fast bullet like a modernized .45 ACP

But it ended up being a Bush hunting/bush defense semi auto caliber for magnum caliber revolver fan due to range of reloads.

Thing is, the military and police don't need a good bear defense round, they need a human offense round. 10MM was to much recoil for little gains and making 40S&W was just flat out retarded. Mayber a shortened 10MM would be the answer, but trying to squeese them in guns built for 9MM was dumb.

Out of a duty semi auo?

low recoil for faster, flatter shooting.

I always see even the most ardent and dedicated 10mm fanbois flinch or have to rest their hands after a few mags.

You're fucking retarded

git gud and buy a REAL 10mm pistol

Attached: my 1006.jpg (5344x3006, 3.82M)

Unlike 40 small and wimpy, 10mm is the perfect hand gun bullet for those that want more power than a 9mm but either but want more capacity than a 45acp. You can even get super hot 10mm that'll beat almost every 45acp

Maybe, but more likely it would wound the bear.

It depends on the backplate
His isn't bad, but if it's some gay shit like a threeper would post on facebook, then yeah they're an asshat

Their is no such thing as a super hot 10mm. The 10mm as designed by Jeff Cooper and Norma is what the Glock 20 was specifically designed to use. Only two handguns were designed from the beginning to handle the designed 10mm. Glock and Bren. The rest are adaptations of other platforms. Some are good and some weren't.

Aha

You're fucking retarded, the 10mm pistols the FBI was looking at were to be the hottest of the hot 10mm

specifically the 1006 and associated pistols were ALSO designed to eat such hot loads. How ISNT glock just another adaptation over what ever other glock they've made? The same as Colt's Delta Elite

I'd love to see 303 Brit in my Walmart. Firing my Enfield gives me a stiffy. Luckily one of my lgs has a British immigrant working for them, so he sees it as a point of pride to make sure they always have it in stock.

Just order it online, PPU makes 303 brit for like 65-70cpr

Would it kill the bear before it kills you?

why wouldn't it?

Any sites you prefer? Everytime I look online, shipping equals it out to buying in store, which is pretty much $1/Rd.

targetsportsusa.com

If you buy enough in bulk you get free shipping. If you buy a LOT of ammo, join their discount program for 95$ because they give you 8% off all prices, free shipping on everything regardless of size and special discounts when they come around.

>shipping gets me up to 1 dollar a round
jesus christ, even if you don't buy bulk you only pay like 12 dollars for shipping. Theres no way you'll jump the cost of ammo 25%. Just order like 5 boxes at 70cpr

targetsportsusa.com/prvi-partizan-303-british-ammo-174-grain-fmj-pp391-p-106.aspx

I knew SMLEs are common I own a mk3 myself it's just as I said not exactly the area for this kind of stuff. I'm far from complaining though.

Also really 375 in 98s? I was not aware I knew people changed the caliber, do you have any info or links on it? I'd like to learn more.

Either way, the ammo at my local wally world is great better than LGS by a lot and good old basic bitch 12g for skeet is often less than 20 for 100 rounds.

>actual person you replied too
>wanna just chuck heavy bullets at a moderate speed?
Revolvers better
>wanna chuck medium weight bullets at a higher speed(ex 125-155gr)
Revolvers better. in an autoloader .357 sig and sometimes 9x25 dillon are better on the lower end of things. 10mm loadings in this range dont even tend to hold together or penetrate 12".
>wanna just chuck lead as fast as you can out of a handgat with acceptable penetration
.357 sig and 9x25 dillon are better. they can hit 2000fps+, with the former doing it out of a 4" bbl.
>wanna just chuck heavy bullets out of an autoloader(ex 180-220gr)
Ok, 10mm wins here, which is why it's the best commonly available autoloader caliber for woods defense and that's about it.
>You just described the purpose of a gun
no, i described one method of a gun fulfilling its purpose of putting holes in things.
>and said "chucking" like it's somehiw negative
You're reading way too far into that
>What does your usp do, give you a reach around afterwards? For the price it ought to
you're reading waaaaaaaaaay too far into that, i never even mentioned a USP.

You sir, are a s/k/olar and a gentleman.

Thanks bro!

Yw senpai

T. Bought 200 168gr 308 federal gold premium for 83cpr on sale +8% off

>Underwood 135gr jhp
If you're alright with 8 to 9" of penetration then go for it.

youtube.com/results?search_query=underwood 135gr

Obviously, only thing as good is 9x25.

jesus fucking christ you're a dumb nigger. If a bear is charging you you've got a few seconds at most. AKA possibly enough time to draw and erratically start to mag dump. I fucking guarantee you shot placement will go straight out the window for pretty much anyone.

Attached: 1499111894296.jpg (400x337, 25K)

>making 40S&W was just flat out retarded
>Mayber a shortened 10MM would be the answer

Surely you're trolling...

Attached: objective failed.gif (180x200, 908K)

Did you not read the entire post?

The only reason you'd shorten 10mm is to fit it into a smaller frame gun... like they did with .40 Short&Weak. You can download the round as has and continues to be done if that's the issue.

No. It's a sign of your insecurity Emma or David.

Attached: IMG_3974.jpg (3264x2448, 1.6M)

If you shot someone with a 9 or a 10 do you think it really matters? Like they're gonna think to themselves "ha! Pussy 9 ain't got shit on me!" Or "oh snap! That's a 10 I just got hit with!" No, they're gonna keep fighting or stop. Don't fall for the 10mm meme.

its up there with 10mm in power but with the advamtage of being able to shoot normal 45s through it

meh FPBP maybe
The 10mm Magnum is better but its not used by anything these days (people use the brass to make wildcats for the AR). And thats pretty much a longer, rienforced 10mm Auto since it doesnt have a rim either.

Maybe .44 Magnum is really the best but its just an excaliber that nobody knows how to make a good pistol for. Since in a carbine barrel its going to hit like an intermediate round, and if someone made a sabot load you could probably get legit AK-47 ballistics from it.

10mm Auto is an excellent package but over the years manufacturers have really been taming it down to the point where a .40sw+P is basically == to it.

> he needs more than one shot
> cant take advantage of the target reeling from it to aim one for the head
> cant shoot the fucker in the knee and blow the lower half of his leg clean off
> some other fag says its overkill but then complains about recoil, if it was overkill then there's no reason to worry about needing to hit the guy more than twice
> some other fag complains about overpenetration when the only reason thats an issue is in case you miss, blowing out the back side of someone isnt likely to cause any appreciable damage and it will have lost most of its fps and be keyholing

.50 Beowulf was awesome when it came out but then it became a meme because .458 socom is a hell of alot more popular and basically has the same loads you'd use for it.
> .450 bushmaster is also a meme like the .50 beowulf, just get a .458 if you're going to at all
Hitting with 2500+ ft-lbs with those is tantamount to a sabot shotgun slug except more accurate, and deeper penetration in meat. So accept your mag capacity gracefully...

There's also the .45 raptor for the AR-10 and even if it is a new round in terms of popularity, it gets 1:1 ratio capacity (ie, 50 shots in an X-drum).

Attached: major-leagues-180px.png (176x106, 9K)