Finally built myself a new carbine for work :)

Finally built myself a new carbine for work :)

Attached: IMG_20180721_233711.jpg (1920x461, 337K)

The suppressor housing is unfortunate, but it turns out the rubber coating on the filter body actually helps dramatically with heat shimmer.

Attached: IMG_20180721_233112.jpg (1920x522, 369K)

Attached: atf look at this.jpg (374x503, 35K)

Decided to go with a monolithic core vs. a baffle stack. Easier to clean and deal with, and just as effective. I have a couple rubber wipes at the other end, regardless, to help deal with smoke.

Attached: IMG_20180721_233239.jpg (1920x863, 333K)

SUPER happy with the Battle Arms stuff. Really good fit and finish, super light-weight, and really, really robust. Their handguard mounting solutions are dildos, but it's fine.

Attached: IMG_20180721_233548.jpg (1920x1440, 234K)

Also stoked about finding this gem. Despite being aluminum (7075), the stock is really, REALLY robust. The only issue is that the pins kept falling out due to loose fit - so I peened them over on both ends and that seemed to resolve the problem.

Attached: IMG_20180721_233440_1.jpg (1920x969, 231K)

woah hold on there super satan, does that fuel filter actually make

For work? Should I call out on Monday OP?

Attached: 78CEF197-3832-4191-91D5-DEF5584FC4C3.jpg (225x225, 29K)

What kinda job do you have, I work in law enforcement (not cop) and they don't even let me bring my own rifle.

Fucking beautiful! Did you buy the core or make it?

Nice, unironically don’t comply. But also imo orange is a dumb color for mags unless it’s strictly ammo identification

I'm work with a non-sanctioned pmc. I rarely need to use my weapon, but when I do... I need to know it'll work. I don't like using off-the-shelf junk because it tends to be total ass.

Animal culling/ pest control?

Found the plans online, had a machine shop in Lithuania make it for me. There's no import regulations on suppressor cores.

Well don’t be a faggot. Share

The color is for rapid identification. We have a lot of black and gray gear that gets packed into relatively tight spaces, so it's crucial to find and identify weapon mags when you need to be able to - hence the bright, disgusting orange. Everybody has their own colors. I'm just happy I didn't get stuck with bright pink.

Nice user, I'm impressed

...kinda

I'm 100% a faggot. Sharing is how good resources get taken away, because every jim-bob and billy-ray decides they want to do it too, and then the ATF ruins a good thing. Call me selfish, but I like not having any obstructions to getting the gear I need when I need it :)

Fair point. A faggot, but a faggot that looks out for his fellow autists. I can respect that.

The "fuel filter" is just a housing, so no. Don't strap a normal fuel filter to a rifle and expect anything good to happen. Best case scenario, you'll just have a really, really big flash hider. Worst case scenario, you'll have a bit of shrapnel blow back at you because of an interior strike in the filter.

If you're going to make a "fuel filter suppressor," then at least use ACTUAL cores or baffles. It's extra work and extra money, but it'll actually work.

Kek. user tryna tell us hes a supervillain henchman

>heat shimmer
It’s called mirage
You don’t need to clean a centerfire rifle can. A monocore is not as effective as cones or other types of baffles. In general, a monocore is used for ease of manufacturing rather than performance because it simply isn’t as efficient as other designs. It is just easier to make.

All together I’m concerned with your lack of knowledge and understanding. Congrats on what looks to be a 300 memeout, anyways.

>my dream job

Not quite. We're not waterboarding bad guys or doing ultra-deep-double-tactical shit at zero-dark-thirsty. Sometimes places or people need some military-grade security or asset protection, and for one reason or another (either due to legal or logistical reasons), the actual military isn't available or able to assist.

Also, forgot to mention wipes on a rifle is p dumb.

I clean my cans, because I don't like having dirty, smelly gear. Every time we go to the range or run a job, I make sure my gear is spotless going in and that it's spotless after I'm done. That's how you make things last.

The pay sucks for what it is, the people suck, and there's no benefits. The only upside is on occasion getting to travel and being able to handle a gnarly weapon without getting into too much shit for it from authorities in various states and sometimes nations, depending on the locale for a particular job.

It's fine. Wipes are old-school tech, but they work just fine. I don't like having big dumb clouds of "look at me!" smoke when I'm trying not to be seen.

A little gun for a little man.
Forgot to add sights too, genius

You don’t know what you are taking about.
There’s nothing to clean in the can and if you actually did this (I know you are larping) your gun wouldn’t group worth a shit from the excessive cleaning damage.

Oh you mean cuz you shoot black powder. I see.
user, you’re bad at bait. At least you got me to reply.

Optics packages change per job. I prefer to run Russian RAKURS-P optic, but mine didn't survive the last job so I'm waiting on a new one :( I mean, the whole gun didn't survive, but my favorite optic was attached to it, so... it was a casualty of what was going on. Sucks.

"Cleaning damage." What damage can you have by hitting a stainless steel core with some oil, a rag, and a hard nylon brush? What are you, dumb?

How’d you break a gun giving blow jobs???

Post groups, let’s have a laugh.

THE QUADS

Close! We were getting shot at by some folks who didn't like the guy we were trying to make sure didn't get shot. Luckily, he didn't. Unluckily, my god damned gun was struck several times during extraction. Some parts were salvageable, but I said fuck it because they'd already seen a hard life.

How many loads did you take?

You better have retired the old girl respectfully

Stop giving a mentally ill manchild an outlet for his fantasy.

Attached: 1479910395335.png (608x653, 487K)

>this is your brain on CoD

"Fantasy." I'm out after this year - THAT'S the real fantasy :) I put in my 5 years, get a bonus at the end of that shit

I like to pretend on the internet sometimes too.

>for work

Attached: Screenshot_20180720-174938.png (597x586, 304K)

Stop bumping this mentally ill 14 year old’s Call of Duty Fanfiction please

fuck off if i wanna make jokes about workplace massacres i will

Attached: 1532098353575.jpg (804x1024, 173K)

Don't forget to tell him he's a big gaybo

Someone already made the exact same joke hours ago in this thread. Did you even read the thread before you replied or did you get so fucking excited for your chance to post a 2/10 joke that you just slammed your greasy little fingers into the keyboard ad fast as you could?

You just like being a salty Sally, huh?

imagine being this angry about someone shitposting in some 14 year old's COD fantasy

Attached: 1532006200049.jpg (496x496, 134K)

>Everybody has their own colors. I'm just happy I didn't get stuck with bright pink.
What's wrong with pink, asshole?

That sentence required a comma btw

Attached: 2420_15826.png (320x240, 49K)

I've been looking at that upper/lower. How well do you like it, OP? Would you be willing to do a detailed writeup on them?

All he wanted was to be purple ;w;

I see those suppressor cores on Wish all the time. Anyone ever order one?

They're excellent. There's not much to write up - the lower has a lot of really nice features (the bolt catch attaches via long set screw, rather than a roll pin, for example), the upper is "standard". Both are absurdly lightweight, and they're very, very robust. I HIGHLY recommend the set if you can shell out the cash for it - you won't be disappointed.

There's a guy in Russia who makes them too. Sells them on eBay. His stuff is tops, super affordable. There's also a guy I personally use in Lithuania, who will also occasionally sell on eBay and Etsy - but he's like 5x the price (though he'll machine out of any materials you want and he'll tailor designs to your needs).

The Russian guy on eBay sells cores for about $150 that fit in MagLight and Napa 4003 bodies. That's a steal for what you're getting.

Thanks a bunch, man. The SO is offering to buy my parts, and BAD makes a lot of stuff that looks great, and some things that look gimmicky, so I wanted to be sure. Any experience with the rigidrail?
Also, what's that stock and grip?

what if you use it like this, without the shell around it?

Stock is from Aeon Tac, grip is from Aero Knox. I think you can find both on Rainier Arms's site.

I like the RigidRail a lot - I just don't like the barrel nut; it's aluminum so if you're a monkey dick and forget to apply moly grease to the threads, you can gall them when you tighten the nut down, which is a bad time. The actual rail itself is excellent. I'd also recommend looking into a Kaw Valley Kanza handguard, or an VLTOR Freedom Rail. They're both excellent alternatives.

You'd need to thread the core itself to attach to the muzzle, and then it would be considered a muzzle brake rather than a suppressor. If you keep the housing with the brake, it's constructive possession - so if you keep both parts, keep the housing hidden from public view.

Hmm, would it be an effective brake? And what of using the hollow housing itself? I cant imagine any functionality from it, but maybe physics allow for something to still happen? My final question, does anyone sell brakes that would work as quality suppressors with an easy to acquire/make housing? Not memeing, just honest curiosity, never considered these things before.

Thanks again, OP. Probably gonna stick with the Rigidrail, because muh MLOK, but the stock and grip are in the parts list now.

What is this? A gun for ants?

Is it chambered in 7.62x39 for STOPPING POWAH

jesus i was going to make fun of you but that's just sad

Nice build. Based on the photo data I'm guessing he works for Wagner.

>Wagner
RIP OP

Attached: 1518831201763m.jpg (630x1024, 78K)

Yes.

Hollow housing would be a no-go of you're trying to stay legal

And yes - again, do some eBay searches :)

Negative. I don't work with the Russians because they love sticking their dicks where they don't belong. Anybody low on the ladder like me is usually alright, but their higher ups are all grimy ex-soviet/KGB guys.

The outfit I'm with is based out of Midwest, but we're not a huge outfit - maybe only 50 or so employees, tops. We're small enough that we just got an HR lady this last winter to manage some of the fuck ups we have working with us.

That's cute pumpkin. Have you done your summer reading yet? Don't forget you have to write a book report on them!

I did! Just finished reading my copy of Expedient Homemade Firearms :)

It looks like you spent the majority of the cost on all the wrong parts

Why has no one commented on this yet?

also
>c-c-c-chek'd

Attached: fullretard.jpg (1920x461, 447K)

Define "wrong parts." JP Rifles captured buffer, WMD NibX bolt carrier, Black Hole Weaponry barrel. The core of the rifle is Rock solid.

omg the memes, you should go to /arg/ and stay in the containment area

"Memes." That's a weird way to spell quality.

ay yo hol up...

Attached: !.jpg (842x792, 81K)

>trying to stay legal
what would be wrong? it still counts as a suppressor? thanks for the help, really interesting

Yes.

if you put holes through it would it become a barrel shroud?

WMD bolt carriers are ass
If you want a pricey BCG, get a a cryptic carrier and put a LMT enhanced bolt in.

NibX is NibX. It doesn't know who put the coating on. They're all the same.

NIB is retarded no matter who does it

No it's fine. Easier to clean, better corrosion resistance. The WMD carriers are cheap enough to justify spending extra $50 to not have to worry about your gun turning into a rusty shit stick

>Posts pic of absolutely disgusting looking rifle
>rifle has no sights, but third hole pin and trash-tier homemade suppressor
>claims to have "sources" of information that won't share because "Only I am responsible enough to not ruin it for everyone"
>Vague insinuations of working for some "non-sanctioned PMC" and street sweeping operations
>Orange fucking mags for "rapid identification" because they have so much gear crammed into a small space, and not organized.
>Fedora posting about how off the shelf parts aren't good enough for a pro like OP
>"Fantasy, heh.. I'm out after this year kid, that's the real fantasy... I'm getting too old for this shit.. I'm one year for retirement." Action movie dialogue.

OP is either:
(A) Trolling
(B) 14 year old airshitter playing make believe online
(C) Small town cop who fantasizes about being sombody

Itt: bait, and those who take it.

>drilled trigger group
>"gas moderator"

either way he's armed the way he should rightfully be able to be, something most of us are too scared to do.

NICE solvent trap bro lol.... Where di you get the adapter nut? looking for a nice one atm?

NIB is literally shit and has unbelievably bad wear resistance. It was a stepping stone to nickel teflon, which is a genuinely good finish.

>captured buffer, like it makes a difference aside from comfort
>Gucci bcg, as if the huge cost gets you a better product and not just a shiny one
>Meme tier barrel. Not a bad one but not great for the price they command
Ya, that's what I meant by spent all the money on all the wrong parts. Not to mention the cringey as fuck billet lower. I would normally not comment because aesthetics are purely subjective, but it's more the enormous cost of billet lowers for literally no benefit whatsoever

Attached: concern.jpg (658x408, 146K)

>choosing the worst option for your larping while being an elitist bitch about it

Solventtrapsdirect.com

Got a baffle connect that's as quality as that site? or am I stuck doing the wish/ebay thing and rolling the dice?

>then it would be considered a muzzle brake rather than a suppressor
I'd be careful if I were you. Look up the SIG Sauer MPX Silencer Muzzle Break case. The judge considered the baffle core "break" itself to be a essential silencer component, despite there being proprietary threading on it, and no tube to contain the gases. Not saying I agree with arbitrary rulings like that, but just so you know, it's been done before by the same firearms manufacturer who got away with "shoulder braces", and it was still considered a silencer.

Attached: sig-vs-atf-1-1024x553.jpg (1024x553, 113K)

Totalityindustries.com

He said he works for a non-sanctioned pmc already. It's also an oil filter can, so it wouldn't be the first NFA violation if he is a larper

how did you enter? i'm curious.

Not true.
>Paint is paint, it doesn’t matter who does it, prep doesn’t matter!
For a long time shit bag companies were doing bad NIB that flaked and failed easily while Fail Zero/WMD was doing it correctly and actually putting out good product.
HOW you apply the coating is more important than the coating itself.

Knew a guy who was jumping ship over to the outfit I'm with know - we were both working for the VA at the time (I'm not a veteran - I've never served). He leaves the VA, and a few months later I get a text from him asking if I'm looking for work. The rest is kind of history. I was interviewed the following week, and greenlit as a resource that same week. First job followed the following week after background checks and a basic physical. On-boarding happened the same week as the first job - basically a "this is guy tells you what to do when you're out, this is the stuff we provide, this is the stuff we don't, don't do this that or the other thing, but you can do so on and so forth" etc.

It was better than what I was doing at the time, but in retrospect it was more of a "oh, that's sounds neat and exotic!" thing than anything else. It's not super duper exciting, and when it is you don't want it to be. You get to travel a little, which is kind of nice, but usually the travel is on the more mundane side - lotta urban locales, and almost always in one of the Five Eyes.

Pay isn't great. It's not bad, but it's not anything to write home about. No benefits. I get a regular W2 and a pay stub, but I'm considered an independent contractor so no benefits provided by outfit I'm with. We're expected to provide our own gear (though we do get a small stipend to ease that burden a bit), but our travel expenses are covered. We're expected to dress appropriately for whatever the job requires - sometimes it's tacticool, sometimes it's black tie, sometimes it's regular clothes; usually this is what the gear stipends end up going towards. We don't have proper "uniforms," nor do we have any company patches or anything like that, specifically because we don't want to be confused for a military group. Closest thing we have to "a uniform" is baseball caps with the companies initials on it for some jobs.