You are appointed the highest military official in your country and your first decision is to standardize a camoflauge...

you are appointed the highest military official in your country and your first decision is to standardize a camoflauge for the armed forces. what do you pick?

>i choose pic related, US4CES is fucking great

Attached: B53332C9-A08C-4312-80CB-D93F3A251729.jpg (1800x2400, 425K)

Realistically, whatever my country currently uses, because burdening the taxpayers further would be a real dick move.

Attached: 1475372903703.jpg (500x656, 52K)

coyote brown, the true universal camouflage.

Attached: fatigue_shirt_coyote__63367.1445910917.1280.1280.jpg (975x975, 231K)

Attached: 1A52AFC5-3F7D-42C1-841F-2CEF6AFB9E17.jpg (488x488, 38K)

Attached: AC580178-9CD5-4059-95BA-8EC022F90AC3.jpg (1200x1200, 465K)

>"standardize" uniform for entire force with vastly different jobs, group identities, history, work environments

yeah no.

German Flecktarn

Attached: 2DA9297A-6AA3-4A3A-9587-709EEB923853.jpg (1209x834, 325K)

Nobody thought wearing the same pattern would affect "muh group identity" or "muh history" back when everyone wore M81. This branch snowflake shit is new and artificial.

This.

A basic standardized uniform could be done, but for field work it doesn't make any sense to have just one type.

Fucking snow flakes.

Nobody gives a shit about your motto tattoos.

I would put out a tender to any textiles company within my country to produce uniforms from wool and cotton also produced in country.

While there would be an initial expense in designing and manufacturing the uniforms, the employment and return of taxpayer funds to the local population would ensure the money stays with us.

>Khaki short sleeve shirts and shorts

Attached: unnamed.jpg (418x351, 50K)

I think they're more referring to uniforms for different areas, i.e. temperate, arid, etc

MultiCam

we're going back to khaki fellas

Bright pink and purple

Eventually the number of faggots and LBLTOMFGBBQ'ers out there will change the color of everything to rainbow fucking puke.

Best way to blend into the freak crowd is to look and act like them

I’d force the marines and navy to also adopt OCP
Not cause I like ocp but marines are fags for copyrighting their camo so they feel special, and the navy is just fucked. Plus they’d get assblasted

flecktarn but also issue a set of whatever the nearest hostile neighbour uses.

yeah fuck the geneva convention

>inb4 this but unironically

Alpenflage for life

Attached: dale.jpg (379x722, 56K)

>filename
Good pick. I ordered some aspenflage surplus a while back and had to return it. Ordered the largest size. The legs were 6" too short and the jacket was torn up. Didn't bother buying more.

Attached: boglin.jpg (1024x768, 849K)

Where'd you order from?

I bought "small" trousers, and the waist was huge and the legs were like JNCO jeans from the 90s.

Where can I buy this?

You can’t. It’s not even called US4CES Transitional anymore, it’s called Marina Trans Jungle because it’s been adopted by Mexico’s naval infantry. Because they have problem with drug cartels impersonating the armed forces, they don’t surplus any of their stuff and part of their deal with Hyperstealth was that the camo be taken completely off the shelves in order to make sure the only people going around wearing it are Mexican marines.

Attached: FDB3533C-A7B0-44D2-A480-A95D404A0213.jpg (830x1200, 335K)

They have the best fitting pants, I'm jealous they get to have them

Try losing some weight, buddy

There’s a guy who has some here. I don’t remember the details, but the guy who sold it to him says a Mexican Marine misplaced a shirt or jacket in a training exercise and it ended up in a bin that the USN or someone ended up shipping back to the US. I wish he’d show up and post. Maybe he will, considering he’d show it off every few months in the camo threads.

I’m the president?

Whatever would be cheap and match as much as possible of my country's terrain. Which in my country's case would be olive drab. Any camo pattern would be recognized as military fashion and not a priority.

>standardize a camoflauge for the armed force
No, fuck off, bad idea and you should feel bad.

AOR II

Did you hit your head too many times on the keyboard that you became this way? Did it delete all your reading comprehension?

I would do this as well

Anyone happen to know which company makes that plate carrier?

canada is moving to memecam, RIP cadpat

Attached: vl2011_0230_270-tfb.jpg (695x900, 90K)

Attached: jacketcsa.jpg (334x445, 21K)

I think Cadpat already looks great. Old get rid of the old Olive drab shit and make everyone wear Cadpat, a side from the Arctic personnel.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I suppose the market will be flooded with cheap Cadpat though, so that's cool

I choose pic related.

Attached: right_wing_death_squad-600x538.jpg (600x538, 83K)

>My Caucasian!
Gotta link to that jacket?

Attached: slowclap.gif (250x189, 391K)

Attached: DOk1R2tW0AAqer_.jpg (1200x900, 286K)

I actually like that quite a bit as a uniform for a police force.

I wouldn't standardise a camo ideally. I'd prefer to have different camos for different environments.

The fire won't know to burn you if it can't see the firefighters

I will have some of that too

Germanys new "Multitarn" is sexy so I guess this.

Attached: SP9ChbKBvkdW80EfVZcLFFklA7JdtPQ-jlOFekJKhXM.jpg (640x919, 141K)

Nice get. no idea sorry.

Attached: 6ca1991.jpg (564x564, 30K)

OCPs are nice, the only complaint I've heard about them is the fabric is thinner than our previous uniforms so they have a tendency to acquire tears in the fabric. I do computer stuff though so doesn't affect me.

this

Attached: 1529504528923.jpg (600x600, 124K)

>Losing weight.
I'm a tall skeleton. 6'1" 165lbs.

>Citation needed

It gets worse: The fabric has been sighted on the open market.

Attached: 2_pants_front.jpg (1704x3828, 331K)

Looks a bit like my hunting camo desu

Attached: IMG_20170110_222602-01.jpg (1025x1366, 1.14M)

Applying to all branches:
>Combat
M81 US Woodland w/ black boots for woodland
3-Color Desert w/ tan boots for desert
Multicam for arid/bush/mountainous w/ tan boots where the other two don't work as good
>Utility/Work
Olive Drab sateen w/ black boots from the Vietnam Era
>Dress (both enlisted and officer)
Green Class As for Army
Dress Whites for Navy
Blue Class As for Air Force
Green Service Uniforms for Marines

>6" too short
>Try losing some weight
i didn't i could get shorter by losing weight

Revert back to M81 Woodland BDU, Tri-Color DCU for flatland deserts, and DBDU for mountainous deserts.

Scrap ALL equipment made in Multicam and UCP.

Execute the entire US Army leadership who were serving in the year 2004 for high treason.

Attached: 1990s US Military.jpg (768x1139, 217K)

This isn't a bad choice desu

Although Multicam is still shit except for a frat afterparty where everything is covered in vomit.

Attached: 101st Airborne Bagram 2001.jpg (800x600, 61K)

This

The only other country with interservice rivalry so autistic that they were copyrighting camouflage patterns to stop their competitors from using them was literally Nazi Germany.

Attached: a-marine-from-the-2nd-light-armored-infantry-battalion-attached-to-marine-forces-2aedb2.jpg (2820x1810, 2.45M)

>your first decision is to standardize a camoflauge for the armed forces

Attached: Daily Carry.jpg (748x774, 110K)

I want to shoot every single one of you autistic mouth breathers who wont let that garbage camouflage die.

>hurrr lets put black splotches in our woodland uniforms
>hurr its nice and thick and heavy
>hurr it performs worse than multicam in every environment other than the one super specific environment it was designed for and even then its only marginally better so we should go back to it
>HAVING TWO FUCKING PATTERNS

Found the general from 2004 who was bribed to sign off on UCP

Meanwhile multicam arid and jungle exist.

I like multicam a lot too, but I’m not retarded enough to claim something is perfect in the face of obvious facts.

I never claimed multicam being perfect, it's just better though

The first US camouflage is literally peak camo aesthetic

Attached: Db3cWnHW0AU0k3M.jpg (720x1200, 154K)

This.

Coyote brown and possibly ranger green pouches and gear.

OD green waist belted dress/general uniform and white t-shirts and green shorts for PT. Battle uniform would be your typical 3-5 color digitalish camo and region specific.

>gaiters

>canada is moving to memecam, RIP cadpat
citation needed. As far as I know the navy is getting new BDUs and the RCAF is also maybe getting new camo.

bain?

Get 'em on board. I'll call it in.

if youre a mutt sure

I’m not a dog, and my first act as president is war on your country

Aquaflauge

>How to fix the U.S. military
>the Army, and its branch the Air Force are disbanded
>expand the Marines to 12 divisions
Done.

OCP is fucking garbage you brainlet.

This tbqf

I would do all of the following and nothing short of:

>keeping shit simple
>choosing a currently existing pattern
>choosing something that is functionally superior for the biggest variety of environments possible, specialization doesn't need to be standard issue
>blanket adopting the pattern for ALL branches

Seriously, multicam/ocp has been demonstrated to outperform the vast majority of predecessor patterns. The extreme variation in camouflage demands in the period of minutes for areas of operation is too great to choose environment specific patterns. The change in camouflage demands due to variations in weather, elevation, latitude, time of day, vegetation, presence of water bodies, urban construction, etc. combined with the massive distances covered by modern infantry forces means choosing specific patterns is an outdated practice. "Multi"environment camo is here to stay and for good reason.

Attached: IMG_0892.jpg (920x594, 160K)

Why would you want to expand the most irrelevant branch?

the actual reason it was decided m81 woodland needed replaced is because everyone and their mother(Serbia, Iraq. just to name two examples the US actually fought)was using it by 2000.

Red flannel.

Everybody is wearing multicam except for SF who wears whatever best suits them.

Seriously, this gay, Jewish, Hippie branchwise camo fashion show needs to stop

It was replaced after the USMC conducted tests against other (foreign) patterns and M81 was found to be less effective.

...why make shit up when you clearly don't know?

>I suppose the market will be flooded with cheap Cadpat though, so that's cool

Only those who risk selling it will have their issued cadpat on the market. Otherwise its to be turned in to be given to other troops or be destroyed and turned into new uniforms as per regulations.

For the SF yes, CADPAT is here to stay for the regular troops.

He said standardize you dick.

NUTRIA
U
T
R
I
A

Attached: Afrikaners.jpg (604x377, 60K)

wrong sidearm

>ctrl+f woodland
Fuck all of you. It's ugly. Let it die.

Attached: 499ACAEC-ED63-442D-B2E1-E62B46101D3F.jpg (500x378, 62K)

Reporting for duty, sir!
I'm curiously drawn to this, but repelled at the same time.

Attached: annihilation.jpg (1280x720, 211K)

Attached: 1532277979201.jpg (180x170, 18K)

>Marines
>irrelevant
That's not how you spell Army user.

Fuck off camp guard, you dumb fucking boot