What does Jow Forums think about printing your own gun?

What does Jow Forums think about printing your own gun?

Attached: 633C3AF4-C3BC-43CB-A464-805237AF5DF8.jpg (1125x1203, 529K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehomegunsmith.com/homemadeammo.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think it’s dangerous. Guns need to be registered for our safety, 3D printer just means it’s easier for criminals to obtain weapons.

Shall not infringe.

pretty gay.
getting a gun is easy as fuck in the us, and getting a gun off the radar is easy too.
in places you cant get a gun, you cant grt ammo either

t. Cucklord McCuckface

Could be nice if we could scan in all the pistols with serialized frames and make them ourselves. Might force companies to start serializing trigger packs and such more, giving us more aftermarket options.

Jow Forums is too easy to bait

I can make a gun that is way more durable and less bulky using brazing, an angle grinder, and a drill. Scrap metal guns>3d printed ones, at least until the cost of a 3D printer drops.

When a 3D printer that prints in metal becomes cheaper than a gun, this will be a problem.
That's probably never going to happen.

HAHAHA... How many criminals do you know paying A shit ton of $ to buy a printer and continue buying shit to keep it working...when they could just get some jiggaboo highpoint with the numbers ground off for a fraction of the cost??? "THOSE WHO WOULD SACRIFICE LIBERTY FOR THE GUISE OF SECURITY, DESERVE NEITHER" -Ben Franklin!....

Attached: 1532241329895s.jpg (124x80, 2K)

Why Is Jow Forums so easy to bait? Even Jow Forums is slightly harder...

If I had a printer that could print guns I'd be printing dragon dildos instead.

Well, i mean he isn't wrong, 3d printing IS going to be used to mass produce weapons by gangs and shit.

No need to infringe on our rights.
Just get rid of troubled elements.

>infringe on your rights

The only rights you have are the one the state gives you

lol

This will do for the 2nd Amendment what the printing press did for the 1st.

Now on to the question of ammo.

Attached: 6e9901820601ee723789187a464f9475bab6912dfaefab222e611ce731339e79.jpg (255x191, 19K)

And the state derives it power from the populous, bootlicker.

Attached: 1531503592206.png (624x628, 64K)

Pipe guns exist.

thehomegunsmith.com/homemadeammo.shtml
True strike anywhere match heads are hard to find now, so the primers are the only issue. Priming compound is an explosive, so it is illegal to make (generally speaking) but it can still be made easily. Assuming you get ATF permission, you could easily make mercury fulminate.

If it's not molden is shit.

>Well, i mean he isn't wrong, 3d printing IS going to be used to mass produce weapons by gangs and shit.
Bullshit, only eastern euros but time and resources into their gun craft. Plus you need a good computer and know-how, something hoodrats do not have. On top of all that is it worth the resources instead of just making 1600 rnds a minute zip guns.

Attached: RoachK.jpg (752x423, 43K)

>implying that criminals don't already have easy access to illegally acquired firearms
>implying that a 3D printed gun is equal in quality to a Hi Point or even a Saturday Night Special
>implying you can mass produce anything by 3D printing it
This is how I know you've never lived outside of a cul-de-sac and that you've never 3D printed anything.

maybe I can 3d print an fs2000 eventually, that'd be awesome.

Attached: bait- its nit funny.jpg (625x626, 93K)

I think about delamination and load on weak materials. Could be fucking awesome for making furniture though.

Use both techniques with each other to produce cheap, robust weapons. Find a copy of "Expedient Homemade Firearms" and make a Leuty-style SMG :)

Some people are going to lose fingers. But fuck those tards this is awesome.

Honestly I don't understand the hoopla. These things are fragile, unstable and kind of useless.

It's not like a lathe, milling machine and a drill press are hard to find. Hell you can make a shotgun out of pipes in a hardware store. This really doesn't do much

I think everyone sees it as a promising beginning for neat shit and fucking over gun control. The NRA, Trump, and Republicans have been doing nothing but either cucking or maintaining the status quo when it comes to gun rights. This at least seems to be working towards something positive.

It's great for rapid prototyping, but the speed isn't there to crank out a Saturday night special fast enough if some fuckwad decided to threaten your face.

2A says nothing about the process of acquiring fire arms, and the SCOTUS has already ruled it is constitutional to place certain restrictions on 2A.

Not Cost effective! idiot!

That ruling is unironically tyrannical.

I've got an extensive enough gun collection that I don't feel the need to print. I might print replacement parts though.

>letting government redefine your rights
Thats how you ended up with a government using the _INTERSTATE_COMMERCE_CLAUSE_ to put people to prison for literally growing a plant on their back yards for private use

0/5 not even trying

first post bait post

>implying criminals would be willing to go through the long process of calibrating a 3D printer to print all the plastic parts needed without screwing up, then assemble the parts into a gun that could work or could blow off their hand if the printer made a mistake
>instead of buying professionally manufactured guns from the black market or stealing them like they already were doing

lobster back detected

>implying criminals would be willing to go through the long process of
They are literally employing engineers as it is to build submarines and tunnels, and chemists setting up labs

This, also you don't need 1000 criminals to make 1 gun each. You can have 1 guy sell 1000.

So? They nailed most mafioso's on tax evasion.

Attached: 1473568753026.jpg (560x419, 81K)

You wouldn’t download a machine gun.

In all honesty my question is how long do these guns last?

I just found it worrying the one guys called their flagship product the Liberator. I get why, but the actual gun was a piece of shit.

Attached: 1513973307472.png (497x512, 448K)

They're cheap and disposable like the namesake

Attached: 1530967879281.jpg (336x709, 143K)

>banning drugs literally unconstitutional and requires constitutional amendment
>hey I know, lets use this "interstate commerce clause" thing to forbid people doing stuff in the privacy of their homes

>So?

Attached: 1194012978972.gif (320x287, 982K)

>Hell you can make a shotgun out of pipes in a hardware store.
>not from a hardware store
>literally stand in the aisle of a hardware store putting 4 winds shotties together and setting them on the shelf
...damn, that sounds like fun.

Nice try there Bugsy, I fell for that trick once, but not again.

Attached: 1405215690018.jpg (239x239, 55K)

The thing about 3D printed guns is that they allow tards without any skills to have access to homemade weapons, too (for better or for worse)

muh degeneracy muh moral objectivity muh stoners

Attached: 1517674319922.jpg (890x768, 80K)

This. I could literally design you a continuous production desk top meth factory where all you have to do is keep supply reservoirs topped up, if you hired a chemist to tell me the reactions for meth production.

I wouldn't do that because it's far far more profitable to just get a real job.

Literally google it up you mouthbreather, the entire war on drugs policy is done relying on the interstate commerce clause even when concerning people using it privately without the stuff ever crossing any borders or being part of any commerce

>submarines tunnels labs
Because those are things they can't get by easier means.
Firearms aren't -- at least in the US.
In places where firearms are harder to get (e.g. AU, CA), you wind up with criminal metalworking factories producing full-giggle SMGs for the black market. It's hard to imagine the circumstances that would make 3d-printing superior to conventional metalworking for this.

But I can still buy a gun, even in commiefornia.

I still found it surreal when I went through a catalog and saw a fucking .50 caliber rifle for sale that was state legal.

>Now on to the question of ammo.
3D print brass

>degeneracy
Muh people have been using cannabis longer than we've been Christianized

Ok, and?

We're not living in UK yet, user.

Rights are given by God you faithless animal

>want to swap out Glock trigger
>aftermarket trigger groups regulated as firearms

Yes the market would flourish

And 'people' have been shitting in crop fields for longer than Christianity as well...

>romans, greeks, germanics, chinese, mongols, turkics, all degenerates
who are not then?

>commiefornians cant buy 12.7mm or 14.5mm rifles

why even live?

I live along the meth trail, I'd rather not allow them, to get away with more shit.

I don't give a shit about weed, as long as people don't drive while stoned or keep

I guess my point is, why? To me this is neat for collectors and enthusiasts, but people serious about defending their rights can get better shit.

Attached: 1409680811923.gif (500x260, 2.53M)

Isn’t it cheaper to just use metal and power tools?

>action is permissible because it's old
>what about this even older action?
>*shifts goal posts*
WEW

People have also been fucking animals longer than Christianity has existed. Old degereracy is still degenerate.

The point is to make laws and enforcement against rights obsolete. It's not about having a nice AR15, it's about letting every idiot with a 3d printer get a gun without any more skills or time required for metal working.

It has been proven even in american courts state has no right to forbid shamanism

There are degenerates in every society, it is not like ALL Greeks or ALL Romans were drug using degenerates

>Old degereracy is still degenerate
>it is not like ALL Greeks or ALL Romans were drug using degenerates
Degenerate seems to mean entirely something different in your dictionary than it does on mine

For one, cannabinoids are known to have neuroprotective properties which is in direct contradiction with your claims

How is that a direct contradiction to my claims? I claimed that the age of a practice is irrelivant to it's morality, and that not all Romans or Greeks did drugs, that seems to be completly unrelated to potential benifits to smoking weed.

>misapplying wrong law to unjustly do permanent harm to people not bothering anyone
>morality

you might want to this this all the way through user

>think this*

Please lean over my cup so I can have a fresh cup of liberal tears as I print a gun.

We like the taste

>What does Jow Forums think about printing your own gun?

You seem to be assuming that people havn't already been making their own weapons for, well pretty much forever. The idea that some arms treaty is going to stop that is just laughable.

What Cody Wilson did was just give the federal government a kick in the ass over trying to use the letter of an the law in the forms of an arms treaty. All to circumvent the already established right to produce your own arms under the US constitutions and preexisting legal precedent.

And we can also be honest here... most of his designs are kind of shitty by themselves. But the 'liberator' was an interesting proof of concept.

>TFW agree with background checks but think that there needs to be a better availability of fully automatics allowed and more gun diversity in general

I personally really hope that we can get some real cool creative looking guns from this honestly. Time for those artists and engineering students to put those skills to use making some awesome looking guns with the power of 3D printing.

Attached: Che.jpg (500x398, 19K)

I have safety concerns about fully 3d printed arms, mostly because the materials are not strong enough yet to safely contain operating pressures.

Things like AR lower receivers and other low stress parts like that , magazines, ect should be fine

>print positive
>make mold
>fill mold with thermoplastic and infill
Woah, look at that normies and 3d print fags are incompetent.

Engineering student here. I'm gonna make dragon dildos.

I think 3-D printers are overhyped the technologies probably like 200 years off from being useful if it ever will be which probably it won’t

Attached: F87176DC-3A5A-4210-9DE5-90FAE5A1A9E5.jpg (792x743, 327K)

until metal 3d printing becomes available I think a 4 winds pipe shotgun will be more effective.

why is this a big deal? a plastic gun would just blow up if it's anything more high pressure than .22 lr

Attached: EVE giggles.jpg (736x793, 23K)

>That's probably never going to happen.

They said the same thing about affordable personal computers.

>Assuming you get ATF permission, you could easily make mercury fulminate.

Or just put a little effort into piezoelectric priming.

>Honestly I don't understand the hoopla. These things are fragile, unstable and kind of useless.

They said the same thing about the first airplanes.

>ATF POST
uhhhh huhhh....

yes, and they are idiots. They don't care to consider physical limitations. They are the people who for the past almost 100 years have been saying we're 50 years from fusion. They are the people that think peak oil is legitimate. They are the people that think battery powered transportation is the future. They are idiots.
People that actually understand these technologies and their limitations are in the minority, they aren't the people making these claims.

building the receiver is easy as fuck, the only things that need to be metal are the pressure and tension holding parts such as springs, the barrel, the chamber, the slide for mass and the like.

I'm saying that you will never be able to make a DMLS printer for less than the cost of a firearm.
Even if you remove all labor, overhead, and transportation costs from the firearm. It is literally impossible. (mouse guns don't count)

God isn’t real. A silly sky god doesn’t give you the ability to do or not do a thing, government makes that choice.

All rights come from the barrel of a gun. If we lose the 2nd amendment the others will surely follow.

>he thinks guns are hard to make

Attached: IMG_7189.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

And you think that if regulation ever gets to the point that 3D printing guns is worth considering for anything other than novelty, the government is going to keep allowing companies to define the "firearm" as the simplest to manufacture component? Of course not. They'll slap regulation on barrels, bolts, sears, and everything else. The only way 3D printing firearms will be relevant is if you can print the entire firearm, and that's not even on the horizon with current technology except for single-use zip guns.

I fucking hate autistic boomers like you. The argument isn't that you can't make guns already, it's that you can't make guns as easily as you can fill out a 4473. If 3D printers keeps getting streamlined and easier to own and operate (hopefully to the point where it's as easy to use as a normal printer) then it brings us that much closer to having a point when we say "if you ban guns people will just make guns in about equal numbers to before".

you won't be able to get any of the equipment you need to make a gun for less than the gun, barring luty's and various examples of dremel shit.

Yes. See: 's retarded claim