Went recruiters for the military (Marines)

>Went recruiters for the military (Marines)
>Scored 52 on the test (i hate mathematics)
>Recruiter was saying i'm smart, score very high, and that infantry would fit me since i look like a very intelligent, calm, and sensible person who would do well under pressure and stress
>Started asking me if i play video games and that it would be just like those games, except I'll get real bonuses (money), travel the world, meet women, and can change jobs anytime i want since 52 is enough to pick almost any job in the marines
>My job will start at 50 thousand if join as soon as possible, every week it goes down so i have to hurry

Is this guy fucking with me? i told him I'll have to see and be back so he called me 4 times today

Attached: Ice_Cube_wot.jpg (308x308, 27K)

Everything recruiters tell you is complete bullshit.

I don't know, he seemed genuine. Plus 50 thousand bonus just for signing up as soon as possible. Only thing i find suspicious is he keeps making me look at the infantry and that everything else is weak, not suited for me because of my high intellect, and that they need someone capable of handling stress. And how i'd feel like a hero coming back from war getting more bonuses and people / women wishing they were with me (serious)

All he knows about me is i go gym, play games, and watch action movies, and love shooting guns. He said game names i found suspicious he knew like soldier of fortune which is an old school game from 2000. It's like they looked into my profiles / forum posts.

Jump on it, user. The pay stays the same, he's fucking with you. It doesn't decrease, the military gets a very very tiny raise (not enough to keep up w/ inflation) once per year. And there were a couple years under Obama where we didn't get raises at all. But infantry Marine is based and military is a good job especially if you're young and healthy.

t. Army vet

50k dollars? That's bullshit. Coming in you make like 23kish/year

Oh, a 50k BONUS? I'll believe it when it's on a contract. Army was offering half that during the surge, there's no way that bonus exists in our relative peacetime. Still, take the job. It'll suck but you'll like the way it sucks.

>This is a troll thtead

>Wow you're such a cool smart dude perfect for infantry its just like CoD girls will be all over your dick and you'll have lots of money to buy a camaro and people will thank you for your service, just sign here son
They say that shit to everyone, though if hes pushing you for infantry I imagine hes been given a quota for certain undermanned MOS.

>that one little child that's never served or set foot in a recruiter center

i dont think you know just how bad a lot of them are..

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-07-12-at-11.37.14-AM.png (359x144, 17K)

I got scared in all honestly, it felt like he wants me to die / get blown up, and if i do die he gets some sort of big bonus.

>little child
Ayyyy. Lol from a vet. Marines are cucks anyway

>Ayyyy. Lol from a vet

Yet this 'vet' supposedly doesn't know what the recruiters are like, sure thing.

You probably did 20 secret ops missions in sangin.

Not 20, no. And not in Sangin.
Sorry you got cucked by ur recruiter. But if you're dumb enough to let it happen I dont blame um

>being in and not thinking this is a troll thread
Jesus dude did you go back for more after the recruiter fucked you?

Have some morals. A recruiter shouldn't be screwing anyone but his wife.

>morals
>marines
>a bunch of closet homosexuals and rape crazy ducks
Ha!

>ducks
Thanks autocorrect. But we all know marines are rape happy

Attached: 1381497683905.jpg (100x100, 1K)

user, ducks rape other ducks really fucking often and their dicks are like corkscrews.

Duck yea

Oorah!

HOOYAH

52 is mid range since it's a percentile. So you scored better than 52% of everyone that took it. Infantry is a shit job full of mud crunchers who have the intelligence of an autistic school bus. Occasionally there are good junior enlisted but mostly the ncos are the smart ones. You would get to travel but to shit holes like Okinawa and in ships with the Navy. It's not like the video games at all unless the video games you play are Janitor Simulator and Let Me See How Hard I Can Fuck My Soldiers: A True Story.

> airmobile, operates on land and water
Daffy Duck for MEU(SOC)'s new mascot!

>felt like he wants me to die / get blown up, and if i do die he gets some sort of big bonus.
Trips confirms it. I lol'd hard

>52 is enough to pick almost any job in the marines
lol, 92 reporting in. One stupid fuck had to take it more than once iirc, which they shouldn't allow. I never ended up joining but man was I surprised at some of the stupid faggots that went through. "Hurr Durr, all Marines r tuff", fuck outta here.

tfw I though the post was going to end with "Haha does this guy think I'm stupid?" but instead ends with "Is this guy fucking with me?"

Sign up user, you're exactly what he's looking for. You're perfect Marine material.

Attached: 1436602730054.png (743x720, 463K)

I wish i was lying, i mean th reason why i sort of liked it is i never knew my father, so this guy talking to me like that and filling me up with hope felt pretty good.

But reading this thread i cant believe a word a recruiter tells me.

shhhit

So penis inspection was a lie?

Damn could I sell you this car?

Yeah, it only happens if you don't go to church. It kills 2 birds with one stone. You get to clean burning hot showers with bleach and pecker inspection.

The ASVAB isn't a percentile score you autist. OP, you literelly took the AFQT which consists of mentally challenging questions such as "What test are you taking?" and "Did you pass the Seventh grade?"
Take the ASVAB and then come back and post your results. Make sure to study to get that sweet 110 hotspot on the GT portion of the test

He's fucking with you. Definitely just trying to fill all the spots he needs for the month

It’s horse shit. If you want to get fucked up join the marines. If you want a career join the army.

52 is literal retard level, marine infantry should be perfect for you.

From what I'm seeing, you seem pretty stupid and vapid. So he's definitely fucking with you. Perfect marine material

Holy Christ you braindead.

both are shit

OP you scored a 52, youre literally a fuckin retard I walked into MEPS hungover/still drunk and still got a 99 with a 139 GT. Its not a hard test, its easy as shit. The fact he's trying to charm you by saying "Damn Timmy you so smart" should be enough to tell you he's full of shit and just wants you to sign up to hit his quota.

Join if you want, but dont do so because of shit he told you, do it because YOU want to. Otherwise youre gonna be one of those butthurt fags who wont stop whining about shit for your entire enlistment, and that shits annoying as fuck.

T. Former Marine (and yes there IS such a thing as a former Marine, once a Marine, once is enough.)

Attached: Screenshot_20180402-093331~01.png (1080x1313, 1.32M)

yeah OP has to be braindead to believe...
>52 ASVAB
oh...

How good is a score of 88

fpbp

Do it

Attached: 1511463627586.png (500x650, 84K)

Attached: 1483813378118.jpg (300x428, 87K)

The military is a great way to waste your potential if you have it. If you have no skills and are looking to acquire some it’s not bad but the private sector will be better for you in almost every way imaginable. Everyone of my friends(that went to military) from high school is in a significantly worse position than me because they wasted 4 years of their life and then realized they have no transferable skills and had to go back to college. I was making 60k in my first job out of school compared to their 30k-40k.

>but mostly the ncos are the smart ones
Oh boy

>1483
>not 1488

Attached: 1488820718374.gif (500x500, 463K)

50 on the ASFAB isn't a great score. It's low end of "Not a complete idiot". If you scored well, they would be trying to get you into a more technical job.

Recruiters lie all the time and will say anything to get you to join. I had to work at a recruiting station for a week when I was in the Army. He wanted to be a firefighter, but scored too low on the practice test to qualify. He was also 50lbs over the might an weight standards. The recruiter talked with him for 2 hours and never sounded negative. Was always positive and had the guy believing he could have what he wanted, he just needed to come back the next week to get on a weight loss program to get in. The second the guy walked out the door, the recruiter laughed and said "That fat, dumb fuck will never make it, the best we could do is get him on the fat body program and signed up as a cook". I knew not to trust recruiters before, but that surprised me.

OP, no matter how nice, affirming, or reassuring a Recruiter is to you, he is 100% lying to your fucking face. Out of my platoon of 45 in Boot, 18 got dropped. All of them claimed to have an ASVAB over 45.

The video games thing is a ploy to get you interest and make the journey seem easier.

Don't call them on their bullshit though, or you'll never get in. Just smile, nod your head, don't believe a word he's saying, and just keep your head down

>got an 87
Shiiieet

I got a $40k sign on bonus during the surge, and that was for a, at the time, high demand MOS. 2 years later they were talking about getting rid of my MOS altogether, but fuck it, got my money.

If youre getting a bonus, make sure that shits in writing, that being said... infantry life sucks dick.

Just do yourself a favor for the future and get a technical job where you can be comfortable while youre in and have transferrable skills when you decide to get out with certifications to help ya out after.

>$50,000 bonus
I have a degree and I’d enlist for that

>>Scored 52 on the test (i hate mathematics)
Yeah so do I, that's no excuse for not knowing at least calc 3.
Stop making excuses for being stupid.

>50k sign on for infantry

Seems legit

Attached: 1494413461807.png (333x439, 43K)

>meet women
lmao

M8... I went into crew chief most, and that was at best a 20k bonus. That was a highly technical, and desperately needed position. 50k is bull shit, but you might make out with ~15k

yeah but they wont have to pay for their college, which for idiots who cant get scholarships or middle class white men who cant get financial aid is a good deal

how many year contract? 4 year contract?

why are they even giving bonsues? theyve been downsizing military and forcing experienced members into retirement to avoid promoting them, how does this make sense for the taxpayer to pay 50 grand per average untrained idiot just to sign up

5. Also got matching thrift savings.

unless you can get it on paper he is 100000000000000000% bullshitting you. read that fucking contract thoroughly.

you can literally look at the marine corps order authorizing bonuses for entry-level stuff. Nothing is 50k

What is worse than living as a neet, pretty sure the military would be a upgrade.

Sterilize yourself.

50 is literally the minimum score for people with GEDs instead of HS diplomas.

He thinks you're a dumb retard but he wants to recruit you because you're just smart enough to know which end of a rifle to shoot form.

>Tfw you're exactly stupid enough to be infantry.

>I literally have no idea how percentiles work

He scored average

Like any deal, if it isn't written down, it doesn't matter.

>tfw to intelligent for infantry
it's where most of the action is,any other MOS you are bordering a life of civie or politician.

Attached: 1532353944353.jpg (265x329, 10K)

You can retake it like every 3 months IIRC.
Plus you can take the practice which is a condensed version plus plus the entire test is available online to practice at. It's just like highschool, a bunch of mostly unapplicable garbage that you just cram for 3 weeks until you have it memorized.

based and tumblrific

I had a ton in student loans and paid them off in two years, that's a really poor excuse.
That's what I was saying. If you have some skills it's not really the best place for you, if you have nothing then go for it. I'm ahead of all my friends that went to the military, they basically set themselves back 4 years. While they were getting yelled at and taking orders I was at Uni fucking liberals sluts and partying.

yeah you definitely scored a 52

>he thinks college is less a scam than enlistment
Are you literally a baby boomer?
Tricare and GI bill alone are worth it. Let alone how much money you can save up while hardly paying for anything. Your friends could have also gone to school while enlisted, but it seems like they're even more brain dead than you to waste all of that.
If you really fucking study for a couple weeks and get a technical MOS you absolutely can walk away with at least decent paying work. Diesel mechanic for example, not fucking difficult to get into and desperately needed everywhere.

>Tricare and GI bill alone are worth it
A decent position at any major company will net with you similar or better benefits.
>Let alone how much money you can save up while hardly paying for anything.
Which is why not a single one of my military friends or anyone I know for that matter has anything to their name? My classes were packed with exmilitary members. I'm also making like double what they were making so it's actually pretty easy to save money.
>Your friends could have also gone to school while enlisted, but it seems like they're even more brain dead than you to waste all of that.
That's what they did after their 4 years of active service, some are just now finishing while I've been employed for years.
>If you really fucking study for a couple weeks and get a technical MOS you absolutely can walk away with at least decent paying work
Or I can just study, go to school, and then be your boss and tell you what to do.
>Diesel mechanic
If those are your aspirations then yes totally go to the military, you'll fit right in with all the other retards.

A decent position at a major company isn't available right out of highschool...

Also, if you can, try to get a security clearance that you can take with you for those cushy gov/contractor jobs.

Actually they are if you are in STEM, a good amount of people are now looking to hire highschoolers as IT assistants/interns if you have any basic computing skills. It really depends on the field you're going into, a lot of companies like to hire people young so they can mold them the way they want. You're right for the most part though because most students won't get an opportunity like this which is why certificate programs exist. You can get a DB cert in a year and be starting out around 50k which is decent for an entry level position, also depends where you live, 50k is standard here in Iowa, with experience you can earn over 100k if you get a senior position.

>Okinawa
>shit hole
wut

Forgot to address your second point. A security clearance is great but the unless you get with some really good contractor the pay will be comparable to private sector jobs, and you can get a security clearance without having been in the military.

Is he fucking with you?
Yes
Join?
Also yes

Attached: 1531748962205.png (591x627, 719K)

He probably went there when it was strict as hell due to the marines raping everything alive.

For real though, with a 52 you're not going to get a good job anywhere so join up.

just alive? boring.

They did rape and kill one 12-year old I think.

You licked out like hell dude, none of that shit exists for like 99.9% of the population. The best I've seen immediately were forestry internships which gets you min wage labour jobs and welding classes in some places that can at best bet you about 18ish dollars an hour, expected 48 hours a week.

Most schools have no practical programs and real tech schools in trades aren't that common.

"The 1995 Okinawa rape incident took place on September 4, 1995, when three African American"...I'm gonna stop there

>diesel mechanic
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1531939223671.jpg (885x590, 35K)

I knew 2 USMC recruiters, they are assholes, your being fucked with; read the cheat book made for these tests and retest

Don't join enlisted infantry unless you're some low IQ nigger.

Be a POG or be an officer. Preferably both.

Otherwise stay out of the military, you'd be wasting your braincells, if you had any that is.

Nigga you retarded, be hell, so am I. I scored a 91, and went 2111. I should have gone to OCS or something it was painful how fucking poorly run everything was. (the other dudes were pretty neat)

>TFW most of the guys in my OSUT were >80 ASVAB

Crayon eating=High IQ pick one and only one.

A 52 on the ASVAB is average if not borderline failure for most reasonable positions. You scored 52% out of a possible 99%. Basically 47% of people scored higher then you. Don't let your recruiter trick you. If you go infantry do it because you want to. Remember until you sign your name you own them. Take that test as many times as it takes to get the score you want for the job you want. Always remember that recruiters have mandatory quotas to fill and will rush you because of that. They don't care so long as you sign that contract.

I swear to God this whole thread is a fucking Psyop.

Attached: 1532215636476.jpg (768x1024, 73K)

damn and i thought i did good at scoring 38 on the asvab after my 3rd try

yes and the average person is a fucking braindead retard, thanks for reinforcing my point

>52 on ASVAB???
>Recruiter feeds you the bullshit "Isss good, you can do anything!"
>50,000 a year as a PFC?!
>mfw

user, first off... Recruiters will tell you anything and everything you want to hear. They're worse than cars salesman.
52 is a shitty score. When I took it in highschool, even the dumb as rocks kids who took it got at least a 65 (still not great). Also; anyone can become infantry - you tell them that at MEPS, they're giving you that job no questions asked. As for switching your MOS...good fucking luck. You better be one kick-ass Marine, even then, your ASVAB scores still play a part.

Do a quick google search of what the ASVAB requirements are for MOS's and look at what you can do.

Attached: 1525482426993.gif (290x271, 169K)

This has more to do with you being dumb as a stump than a simple dislike for math.