DIY MRE

What are the best things to put in homemade MREs, and what are the best methods for putting them together?

Attached: diy-mre-top-shot.jpg (576x432, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xIG_6ZOSQys
youtu.be/gFwz-SvcBV4
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S030881460300089X
pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf00081a012?journalCode=jafcau
frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fcimb.2017.00093/full
ajol.info/index.php/ajb/article/view/60109
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ptr.1949
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Smoked oysters

Pretty much what you see in the picture. Crackers, candy, nuts, and noodles. I'd also throw an instant coffee in there, probably some water flavoring packets too.

The hard thing is that you really can't pack good entrees like you get in military MREs. If you want meat you're gonna have to settle for shit like tuna, spam, and canned chicken. On that note, little packs of salt and pepper like you get for free at McDonalds would be a good idea too.

What is the purpose of these when you can just buy regular MREs? Just for poorfags or what?

idiots and poorfag larpers. Freeze driers and mylar food bags are cheap.

This is what I pack for my WTF SHTF MRE
>mixture 30g protein powder, 5g Glucose or Fructose, 70g carbon hydrates and 7ml Honey
Pressed to a block and heated for 5min at 160°C
>the ramen spice (no noodle) + 120g Spagetti noodle vakuum sealed
>2 vit tablets
>water cleaner
>2x 150mg Cyankali and Antidot

variety. freedom of selection.
also get tons of hot sauce packets from fast food places. throw those in.
this guy is right.

>Crackers, candy, nuts, and noodles
The problem with stuff like instant ramen though is that you're kind of out of luck if you have a limited supply of potable water and/or limited ability to boil.

>variety
>every picture is just some form of dehydrated noodles or canned tuna

Meanwhile actual MREs have 24 differnent menu items, more nutritional and caloric value, and jalapeño spread sometimes. I’m thinking it’s just a poorfag thing.

Fucking wrong. Those noodles require water and wouldn’t provide any energy. A can of corn beef would do better than that peice of shit.

>require water
implying.

>implying you need to cook ramen

>crappy 99 cent store candies
>ramen (hope you have time to boil your food for no calorie or protein intake)
>a fucking spoon and no bowl for your shitty noodles

Poorfag scum. I bet it’s the same brand of povertyfag that bashes Arsenal guns

Attached: 1530831944203m.jpg (877x1024, 191K)

>eating crappy noodles dry for no energy content

Fucking third worlders

A sleeve of crakers would be more beneficial. OP’s image is what happens when people on welfare use foodstamps to try to be preppers. A Can of cold soup would be better than that vacuum sealed garbage

Cheaper, and the satisfaction of a job well done. Don't ask dumb questions.

nice sodium and sugar overdose faggot, only protein in fake peanut butter

>re𝑎l peanut butter

Attached: 1530492233518.png (849x759, 924K)

You can't buy regular MREs. The civilian ones are crap, and the military ones you get on ebay are stolen and god only knows how they've been stored or what's been done to them.

Trust me. Its worth $40 for 100.

Attached: 41Z-V40Vq+L.jpg (288x288, 17K)

Canned sardines in olive oil is worth looking into

You cant make MREs. But you can set up some C rations. Caned is your best bet milk, meat, fruit, vegies, soups and even bread comes in cans.

If your going the add water route dont forget miso soup packs. Dry or paste with mix ins is so much better than ramen.

Well, we’ve covered a lot about what I shouldn’t put in a homemade MRE, but what *should* I put in one?

>civilian ones are crap
their components literally come from the same manufacturing plant. the fuck you on about?
youtube.com/watch?v=xIG_6ZOSQys

I eat ramen all the time without water, guess u.s. is nor 3rd world.

doe 'ya even Germna?

Moist Towlette
Salt & Pepper
Instant Coffee Type I
2x Sugar
2x Creamer
Beverage Base Powder "Orange"
2x Crackers
1x Peanut Butter Spread
1x Jalapeño Cheese Spread
1x Brown Plastic Spoon
1x Flameless Ration heater
1x Maple Pork Sausage Patty
1x Pack of Maple Syrup

Don't forget the moist towlette!

semen brownies

Attached: 45068bc8b169ac20c9bbf97aeba04b65.jpg (500x667, 84K)

You're some never served faggot aren't you? First, you can store MREs in fuel and if the seal inst broken they're fine. And second the army shits out MREs and soldiers just take cases because they can. When the realize "can" and "should" are two entirely different things they sell them.

You talk like a 3rd worlder and likely are out of shape with your poor diet.

Instant noodles are loaded with sodium and have no nutritional value, its all just empty calories and you will suffer from it when on the run. The kek of it is the japs rank instant noodles as their top achievement as a peoples.
>no one has mentioned jerky
Real jerky not basedlinks

As long as you got a stomach like Steve's you will be fine with anything OP so work on that instead of the food.

Mother fucking honey nigger, it's anti bacterial and mostly sugar. It's the only food that will never go Bad if stored properly.

>honey found in Egyptian tombs is still edible today.

Jar of pickles and Jack Daniels.

actually, carbohydrates are your main energy source, which is what any type of grain type product would be.. IE noodles...

Attached: picard-facepalm.jpg (895x503, 39K)

Nobody gives a fuck about MREs. We used to take cases back to our barracks rooms to save money on food. Literally no one bats an eye. It’s not like they’re sensitive items.

Why not just suck off your bf for a fresh dose of protein when you're innawoods together?

You're better off boiling fucking rice instead of sodiumfests that are instant noodles.

>implying spam isn't fucking great

x 150mg Cyankali and Antidot
WTF user? Cyanide inside a MRE is silly

Attached: WTF.gif (267x200, 1.59M)

Attached: 1326325629561.jpg (1000x1879, 1.54M)

Where in the military system the MREs are consumed does not matter. What matter is that if selling current-issue MREs were legal then some guys in the system would be selling them online by the truckfull and the military could only say 'I hope you was issued that'. Now they can throw the seller out and deny them their pensions and free school etc.

Seems like a rip off, 100 packets for 40 bucks? 2.5 tiny packetd for a dollar? I'll just keep dumping the little bin of Taco Bell packets into my girls purse when we go.

If you don't have potable water you have a bigger problem then food can solve.

The ramen is about 400kcal, what do you mean it wouldn't provide energy?

Did you get raped by one of the jap noodle mascots or something?

This. Although not all honeys are made equal.
Lavender honey and Manuka (much harder to get) have about the best antibacterial properties, and are the best to stock up on. Manuka has even been put into mainstream medical use now too for antibacterial and wound healing properties. Get a cut after SHTF and no antibiotics? Rub some honey and cover it, natural bacitracin. Just dont bother with clover honey, it doesnt do shit.

It's not a question of having none of it, but of having a limited supply of it. Also you haven't solved the problem of limited ability to boil water, either.

Attached: 13307334_1048254641877109_1922346751848617146_n.jpg (720x705, 80K)

rock or somthing

Attached: 1366526401801.jpg (600x3846, 710K)

Ramen, rice, beans...you don't need to boil them. They just need to soak longer. If you make sure you have safe water, that's more important than anything.

youtu.be/gFwz-SvcBV4
he wasnt raped, he just cant handle ramen.

was for

>he hasn't had raw ramen before

I would challenge that. Freeze dried meat is a thing.
This was my 1st attempt at instant shepherd's pie for my extended hikes. I accidentally bought dehydrated corn instead of freeze dried, so it had to sit for awhile before it was completely done. It was worth the wait, though.
user could buy #10 cans of the meat, portion it out and vacuum seal it.

Attached: Instant shepherd's pie.jpg (2319x1735, 2.11M)

Some ideas for rounding out your main course:

Book of matches
Salt/Pepper from fast food
Liquid condiment packs
Spoon
dark chocolate
Powdered drink mix single serving
Gum
a few cigarettes/Cigar (vac packed)
Canned meat such as spam or corned beef
instant coffee
energy bar, dense calories
powdered creamer
1/10th bar of soap
pool shock/water tabs
gallon ziploc for water purifying
condoms can even be used to store water
bullion cubes
aspirin/Tylenol tabs
honey- the shit lasts forever basically
toilet paper or paper towels
fuel tablets for cooking/fire starting

(cont)

I'd also like to recommend investing in a used foodsaver or other vac sealer. I got mine at a thrift store and it is a great way to waterproof and remove excess air/bulk from your MREs.

Its not 'clover honey' that's bad. It's cheap honey that's cut with syrup to make it cheaper to produce. That stuff usually isn't honey. As long as its pure honey you'll probably be fine. I'm a mead maker so I know a bit about honey.

Would it be better to put a small book of matches or one of those mini BIC lighters? They should be about the same size and a lighter could light more fires than a book of matches.

Where is the best place to get a case of MREs? Just want to have one around in case we lose power again for a week in hurricane season.,

Amazon has sopacko or however you spell that. Ebay is good too. Best bet is if you have a buddy in the cervix. That's how I got my cheaper ones.

For the price of a book of matches, why not both?

>a buddy in the cervix

Attached: 1518297735251.jpg (485x323, 117K)

I'm a fan of tuna packets

Attached: 810gqsYhfnL._SY450_.jpg (360x450, 30K)

True, some waterproof matches just in case you drop your food in a puddle and a mini bic for the rest sounds optimal.

Nice

You can get cases of the real deal on amazon.

I do wonder how long man can subsist off of fresh loads innawoods. If both you and your friend are starving, would load consumption for both parties be enough to survive, and if so how long?

Ive done actual laboratory research on the subject. Cut or not, clover honey is not as effective. Numerous chemical aspects of honey aid in it's antibacterial properties. Chief among these are phytochemical components from plants the bees source the honey from. Thats why some monoculture honeys vastly outperform others. And also why clover honey is shit for antibacterial activity. Also why Honey loses most of its antibacterial honey when it is digested, so people who say eating honey acts as an antibiotic know nothing on the subject.

Thats like 1k calories a day. Thats shit

This is probably one of the best "DIY MRE" I've seen - so long as the soup isn't one where you have to add an can-full of water. Id personally swap it out for pic related - easily edible right out of the can. Cant really say the same for soup.

Attached: 13286078.jpg (488x488, 45K)

Got any research to share? I'd love to know more about the honey I'm brewing.

no you dumb nigger, he just doesnt like shit food that's bad for you. ramen is the staple food of basement dwelling faggots.

no retard the actual amount of protein in semen is pretty low you'd have to drink gallons of semen

I'm sure that's nothing new for him.

Its not published yet, should be coming out in a year or so once the phytochemical components are done being identified, and we find a publisher. We're comparing various honeys relative antibiotic properties. Can dig up some previous research we're citing if you'd like something more immediate

>mfw I can buy American MRE's for 5 euros a pop

Attached: 1387230976994.jpg (500x500, 37K)

hes fine with it

Attached: swedish_gens.jpg (653x720, 70K)

I would love something more immediate if you can

The matches are dual purpose. It's an old survival trick to scrape the heads off into powder to flavour "coffee" that isnt actually coffee and other dark toasty flavours. It supplements sulfur which is an often overlooked essential... Mineral? Vitamin? Your body needs it to not feel like shit and fresh produce is one of the only ways to source it.

Here's a few I got.
Honey composition
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S030881460300089X
(Weird formatting because Jow Forums sucks and thinks its spam)
pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf00081a012?journalCode=jafcau

thanks lol

>315▶
>
>thanks lol
I'm trying to give more, but Jow Forums is bullshit that wont let you post links.

frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fcimb.2017.00093/full

Not necessarily helpful for making mead, but as background for research.
What might help is phenolic content. Phenolic content is associated with honey color, darker = higher phenolic content. So may be tangentially useful for mead. ajol.info/index.php/ajb/article/view/60109

My man

Yeah this is the last I'm posting. These filters are garbage.
>onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ptr.1949 (This ones a bit fun for the hippie essential oil bullshit)

Matches tend to work everywhere while Bics have more restrictions such as not working as well if cold. Plus I think a book of matches is smaller and cheaper than a Bic. Remember, this is a MEAL not a survival kit.

nigger, just grab a giant handful from tacobell every time you go, you'll have 100 in 3-4 trips, and a variety at that.

on the same note, onions sauce and hot mustard packets go great with ramen.

>2018
>European

Enjoy the MRE Muhammed

Crackers, peanut butter packets or kiddie single serving plastic containers, canned/processed cheese spread, jerky, shelf stable precooked bacon, trail mix, etc.
Essentially anything you'd eat on a hike, but vacseal it instead and consider it having a shelf life of a few months past it's least sealed items experation date.

Try to cut down on water necessary items like ramen because at that point you might as well just carry some cans of pork and beans and corned beef.

Attached: tumblr_n3b9dum4UY1r94e9jo1_500.gif (500x599, 760K)

Finally a thread I can contribute to
Pic related is my homemade MRE. The only thing that requires water is some hot chocolate mix. I also have some kippered kippers in there and some of those snack-sized brownies with the big sprinkles. I forget what they are called but I think there were probably 1400 calories in total in the MRE. Dont forget baby wipes and a spoon lel

Attached: IMG_20170320_210159.jpg (3264x2176, 1.74M)

Attached: 1436195958012.jpg (674x506, 222K)

Nice try, but Canada has to take the fall.

Attached: 1505241550400.gif (512x384, 3.99M)

Is this Canada as well?

Attached: 1428528713369.jpg (1113x933, 672K)

Just you wait, maplenigger.

Attached: dayoftherake.jpg (533x800, 79K)

Attached: 1531483675384.jpg (640x610, 82K)

>bragging about getting cheap US MRE's

Enjoy your high blood pressure and salt-flavored dog food.