300 Blackout

Can we get a discussion going regarding this caliber? I am sure I am not the only person here interested in learning more and hearing real life experiences with this round.

>inb4 expensive meme round
>only good if suppressed

I am thinking of getting an 11.5 inch AR for home defense and I am looking at this one a lot. Obviously its not a round I will be shooting regularly and I have a reloading bench, so price is a concern.

Attached: 1519267319409m.jpg (1024x576, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/euucD2YJq4w
pantheonarms.com/products/kentri-short-buffer-system
aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=345&name=.300 AAC Blackout
youtu.be/i5PDQvuybDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Self bump

Dear Santa-san,
All I want for christmas is a .300blk pistol.
I was a good boy.
Thanks,
Timmy.

If you already reload, you could pick up a few more things and cast your meme bullets for cheap.

its basically an AK bullet developed by the US

One of those Draco's would be equivalent

wrong, you subversive commie loving bastard.
it's an American 30 caliber bullet developed for the United States (A)merican (R)ifle.
100% pure american

Attached: 1532398081485.gif (500x603, 950K)

I have looked into this. I could also trim down and reneck .223. I spoke to a guy who was reloading it for about 11 cents a round.

I like the subsonic quality of it as well as the easiness of being on an AR platform. 4thI enjoy AKs but I dont want to be blinded while simultaneously lighting my curtains on fire with muzzle flash.

>I like the subsonic quality of it as well as the easiness of being on an AR platform. 4thI enjoy AKs but I dont want to be blinded while simultaneously lighting my curtains on fire with muzzle flash.
Well unless you supress it, the bullet being sub sonic isn't going to make it any less loud as fuck
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>4thI enjoy AKs but I dont want to be blinded while simultaneously lighting my curtains on fire with muzzle flash.
You'll have more problems than just being blinded

I intend to suppress. Sorry for not making that more clear... however, subsonic wouldnt have quite the snap that supersonics would.

>however, subsonic wouldnt have quite the snap that supersonics would.
it most certainly would, we're still talking greater in excess of tolerable levels

>Is it still going to hurt your ears?
Yes.
>is it still going to be as loud as supersonic?
No.

Im not arguing with you. We agree for the most part. All I am saying is that I have fired both supersonic and subsonic .223 and .22 magnum indoors and I was immediately able to tell which was which just by the sound.

>Only good if suppressed

Congrats OP, you acknowledged that a specialized round developed for a specialized purpose works when used for that specific purpose and does not work well in roles outside of that specialized purpose.

Congrats!

>hehe watch me enter a thread and be a dick on an anonymous sweater knitting forum and contribute noting useful to the conversation except being a sarcastic pencil dick
>hehehe that will show OP for having a thread that isnt about chinese lasers or airplanes

Attached: 1499032850882.jpg (344x314, 23K)

literally expensive .45acp in the role it was designed for.
literally expensive 7.62x39 in the role it wasnt designed for

I've been considering one. I like the idea of being able to have super quiet subsonics with terminal ballistics akin to a .45 ACP, but in the AR platform with AR ergos and controls, while being able to swap mags and shoot/cycle supersonics with muzzle energy and terminal velocity akin to 7.62x39 (not awful at all sub 400m).

Thinking about doing an 8.5" pistol of one.

Right now I am leaning towards 11~ inch barrel. According to what I have read, thats optimal powder burn and velocity

I bought a radical 16" upper a little while back and shoot supersonics. I thoroughly enjoy it. Yes, it's expensive but it's nice to add another caliber to the collection and I'll be getting into reloading before too long as well.
>it weal keaalll

Attached: dougmarcaida232.jpg (232x232, 19K)

Depends on load. M193 is optimal out of a 20" barrel but not at all for a 10.3" barrel.

I've already got a short AR, 11.5" SBR, so I thought if I'm doing a 300blk might as well make it short enough to fulfill an appreciably different role.

If you already have an SBR can you keep buying uppers under 16" without having to go through anymore paperwork?

Certainly. Even if you don't have an SBR lower you can buy NFA length uppers so long as you've got at least a few pistol lowers (lowers in pistol config with braces) and as long as you're smart and you're doing your due diligence making sure to keep the NFA length uppers away from your rifle (with stock) lowers. Basically if you have an NFA length upper, there better be a pistol lower nearby or preferably under it. If you've got an NFA length upper without a pistol lower nearby, and a rifle lower nearby, that is when you're getting into dangerous territory.

But yeah and 8.5" barrel is solidly in the PDW sized category. Saving 3" off of an 11.5"

Attached: 37161443_10214879606116565_1149885443764912128_n.jpg (1787x1103, 1.02M)

I hate how expensive subs are.

It is one round that is really worth getting into the reloading game for. Subs can be reloaded for as cheap as six cents per round.

Why do you have your shitty trip on outside of your containment thread?

>super quiet

Wanna know how I know you've never shot one?

One last question. I know some, if not all states, require a pistol stamp on the lower because if not how would you know what lower went to what. But does the same apply to an sbr lower as well to help differentiate from standard ar15 lower to sbr and pistol? I'd really like to get a sbr 5.56 and then just buy a 10.5 in 300blk out upper without going through all the hoops again. Also, from what I gathered from your post, the same would apply to a pistol as well. Keep buying uppers for it without jumping through a few extra hoops because "nfa compliance"

My 10.5" is FAR louder than the meme masters would admit.

Also, keeping a standard ar15 upper and lower, beside a sbr or pistol and THEN having an extra nfa upper (like 300 blkout) to switch them out is illegal because it's in the same area as a non NFA 16 in complete?

>Wanna know how I know you've never shot one?

Does it have to do with almost everything that comes out of his mount being unreliable bullshit and fabrications based on non-experience?

>Super quiet
I just meant compared to supers.
Post can dude.

A registered SBR lower whether Formed 1 by an individual or Formed 2 by an NFA manufacturer must be engraved as such with pertinent info.

If you have an SBR AR lower, you can slap whatever upper you want on it. If you have even a single SBR AR lower that generally gives you a rather wide berth of compliance and safety room to own multiple NFA length uppers. The key is to make sure that your NFA length uppers never end up in a car or at a location by themselves along with a non registered SBR rifle lower. That make sense?

10.5" 300blk?
Do you suppress it?

>Fabrications based on non-experience
Post 300blk suppressed gun Mr. Experience

Attached: 20171203_144020.jpg (1444x809, 790K)

Yea it for sure makes since. Appreciate the clarity!

It’s a shittier 7.62x39

I could hardly give a shit about suppressing. Can I use this with a 16 inch mid-length barrel, is there a load that isn't that subsonic, and are there other .30 cal alternatives, excluding x39 and x51, that I can use in a AR?

I have a 16" pistol length system. Runs like a champ with supersonic and subsonic without suppressor and it kills things dead
>Pic related
Highly recommend

Attached: Screenshot_20180709-012815_Samsung Internet_1531157409151.jpg (1080x1920, 389K)

Sbr is cucked shit. You also can't cross state lines without ridiculous hoops to jump through. Just brace it and don't go to pleb tier locations that prevent you from using your torso-mounted wrist

>Can we get a discussion going regarding this caliber? I am sure I am not the only person here interested in learning more and hearing real life experiences with this round.
>
>>inb4 expensive meme round
>>only good if suppressed
>
>
>I am thinking of getting an 11.5 inch AR for home defense and I am looking at this one a lot. Obviously its not a round I will be shooting regularly and I have a reloading bench, so price is a concern.
Some guy posted that pic a while ago bragging about having an illegal full auto.

Subsonic 300blk defeats soft armor that .45ACP cannot:
youtu.be/euucD2YJq4w

Attached: tenor.gif (220x199, 99K)

Slav boo here, if I didn't have everything invested in slavic stuff and was an AR guy id buy it.
But if you got a full or sbr size ak you dont need a 300 black out.
If you have an ar especially if you got a spare lower then grab up a 300 upper.

Just like 5.45 is shittier 5.56, and .308 is shittier 30-06.

Attached: 1525231113477.jpg (515x515, 23K)

I wanted to get into reloading a few years back. I picked up a 300 BLK upper to experiment with. I shot all of 3 factory rounds through it. Since then it's only ever been feed reloads.

Not super quiet. Not at all. Think 10/22 without breaking the sound barrier. If you want quiet and not .22 levels, 147grain 9mm sounds like a paintball gun suppressed.

So do you just keep using the same 3 pieces of brass over and over again?

Attached: 1523981619619.jpg (1600x1600, 289K)

yeah, kinda

they're somewhere mixed in with the rest of my reloads

I mostly convert LC 5.56 brass. I just started converting some IMI 5.56 cases, because the ammo was cheap on Midway and the cases measure up.

what kind of buffer is this

> pantheonarms.com/products/kentri-short-buffer-system
maybe?

i think youre right. they make it with and without that collar

300 BLK is the most funnest effective and efficient round created in 50 years. It's fun as shit to shoot in sbr's. Literally the only thing wrong with it is cost. Unless you reload, even the cheapest factory ammo is still like .60 cents a shot.

It's honestly got me in the early stages of procuring reloading supplies and knowledge to get started with this bullshit.

I pray everyday that some military branch actually adopts in on a large scale so we can get some better pricing

OP here. I remember. Thats where I got it.

Attached: 1519267194117m.jpg (1024x576, 82K)

The price has actually gone down quite a bit in the past five years as it's become more popular. Let's hope it keeps going down. A 300blk SBR can cover anything from home/vehicle defense to hunting medium game.

Question, what needs to change on a normal 5.56 AR to make it use 300 blk? Barrel, BCG and mag? Buffer spring as well? Or just the barrel? Would it work if you threw a complete 300 blk upper on a standard AR15 lower?

Barrel. Literally everything else that works for 5.56 will work for .300 blackout

Will it work WELL? I've heard there are parts changes you can make to "optimize" it. Is this a meme or are there actual small returns to it?

To be honest, I dont know enough to tell you. But from my impression, if you took a 100% stock AR and put a 16 inch blackout barrel on it, there would be no issues

Some companies have come out with "300blk magazines" that are supposedly more reliable with feeding 300blk than basic 5.56 AR mags, but that just sounds like a marketing gimmick to me.

You might also have to experiment with buffer weights when running supers vs subs, especially in SBRs.

Hmm, I'm mostly worried about that yeah, buffer weights and of course wear and tear on the BCG. I mean I know just because it was designed for .223 doesnt mean it cant handle 300 blk, but I wonder how it alters the mechanics, even if subtle, after thousands of rounds.

I doubt its much, if any. Blackout is a lower pressure than 5.56 iirc and its parent case is .223 necked down and widened

It is still pricey though. The magtech stuff is the cheapest factory stuff and depending where you get it it really is .60+ cents a shot.

Aside from that magtech stuff which isn't too bad, has anyone else come across cheaper 300blk that you don't have to buy in a case of 1000?

i just got a case of s&b subs from aim surplus around $11 a box of 20. if you dont need subs, they also sell privi 125grn supers for $10 a box
>aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=345&name=.300 AAC Blackout

Yep correct only barrel. Every other component works flawlessly. So dedicated uppers for each caliber would be the quickest way to swap. Actually the last two lowers I bought for pistols we're labeled as multi caliber showing the increasing popularity of doing such things.

I have a 300 BLK. PMAGS mags give me feeding issues, but GI's work fine (except for my older ones, probably a spring strength issue).

It's not a marketing gimmick, normal 5.56 mags may work, but seem to be less reliable depending on brand.

On another note, you probably want a different set of mags for your 300 BLK anyway, or at least have them labeled.

Magpul now has 300BLK mags they work well in my rifle
Hexmags have also been GTG

The gen 2 pmags have known issues with 300blk. It's something with those weird lips on the sides that can cause feeding at an angle. I guess lancer mags and gi mags work best with 300 BLK otherwise some companies now do have dedicated mags. I bought two of the Magpul 300blk mags and have had no issues. Gotta keep them separated anyway from the 5.56 stuff so I had no problem just getting a couple more mags and labeled them accordingly.

Any reloaders have a good source for already cut 300 brass that they've had good luck with? Also heard of people using 30-30 bullets to save on costs, but not sure how the performance would be. Thoughts?

good to know. i put aside 6 mags to use only with 300 blk and two of them are gen 2 20 round pmags. i guess ill swap them for lancers

I hunt with .300 BLK. 18" barrel rifle build. No suppressor. Works just fine for deer and black bear. I do my own reloading and it's a very easy round to reload for beginners.

>hehe watch me enter a thread and be a dick on an anonymous sweater knitting forum and contribute noting useful to the conversation except being a sarcastic pencil dick
>hehehe that will show OP for having a thread that isnt about chinese lasers or airplanes

New pasta,
and also

Too true

If it's marked "multi-caliber" and it was not delivered with a rifle length upper in original configuration it counts as a pistol lower to the dog shooters

Is that a rattlecan paint job? Cause that came out pretty damn nice. The stripes are really well done.

Anyone got energy and drop tables for supersonic 300blk out of an 8.5, and supersonic 300blk out of an 11.5" or 12.5"?
I'm having a hard time finding a variety of energy and drop tables for 300blk super and sub sonic from a variety of barrel lengths.

Yeah rattle can. Aervoe paint and freedom stencils stencil. Thanks man! I appreciate it. I also did this one.

I assume you use supersonics? What kinda loads are you using? What kind of distances are you getting deer at?

Good to know Lancers work well as I use those a lot as it is.

Honestly 300blk pricing isn't terrible.

Attached: 37249015_10214879607476599_1793883835243429888_n.jpg (1647x1099, 960K)

Based on my experience shooting 7.5" and 9" 300 blk both suppressed and unsuppressed...

Suppressed with subs is so quiet you can fire it indoors without earpro no problem. And unless you're a total fag, supersonic with a can is completely manageable for a few rounds. It might cause damage, but in an emergency it won't deafen you.

Cans are kinda long, so an 11.5" barrel isn't what I'd find very useful, especially since I've chronographed some loads actually going *faster* out of the 7.5" barrel as opposed to the 9", meaning that an 11.5" would only have an even lower velocity.
For indoor use especially, use the shortest possible functional barrel, because with a suppressor you're looking at quite a long gun.
Also... Maybe I'm total garbage, but the 300 blk I've fired isn't much use past about 200 yards.

If you're trying to fire 400 yards or something then fire 5.56. It has massively better terminal performance at short ranges anyways. And your hit percentage at any range above 200 will be light years ahead of 300 blk. I can answer some questions, but I'm far from an expert.

5.56 gets btfo by 300 BLK 200 yards and in.

This is all the proof anyone needs of energy being carried:
youtu.be/i5PDQvuybDU