Rome

>no Rome thread

Attached: 8939D800-4A48-4BEA-8995-4394AEDDF4DB.jpg (770x437, 84K)

Rome sacked Carthage, and got sacked in return. Now they no longer exist, the end now delete this shit.

Attached: Deletos.jpg (480x666, 32K)

>raped by Germans out of existence
The beginning of a startling trend.

Not only does Rome not exist but the Africanus has moved into Europe and will take over. Romans should have been content and stayed on their side of the Mediterranean. They got too greedy, flew to close to the sun. Allahu Akbar

Reminder that Scipio did nothing wrong. Rome will rise again and drive back the new upstarts.

Attached: A0B3107E-F88B-4B76-942C-713EF63C75BE.jpg (736x736, 68K)

Ballistas were basically the anti-materiel rifles of the Roman army. While not powerful enough to knock down walls, they filled a niche role during sieges: they were very accurate, they could out-range a bows, and they could be trained on a target (ex: a particular gap in a wall's parapet) for a long period of time. This enabled them to surpress the enemy and allow sappers and legionairs to operate more easily.

Attached: tmp_5781-ebf184dc7db5077d6e229ed4994250d5676215965.jpg (800x518, 157K)

neat,

Who would ever say he did anything wrong in the first place? He did everything right.

Sacked like, 500 years later. I wouldn't exactly consider the events causal.

I would like to point out the fact that Julius Caesar was the greatest military leader to ever live. He understood tactical and strategic warfare and also knew how to sell himself to the public.

Also he built a fort around a fucking fort in order to besiege the original fort whilst also being besieged by another army.

Roman soldiers were Jow Forums as fuck

These two probably killed more children than Jörg Sprave

Attached: Fucking germans.png (426x329, 392K)

>Roman soldiers were Jow Forums as fuck
The funny things about things and people that are Jow Forums as fuck is that they always seem to be nothing whatsoever like Jow Forums and the posters here.

this one would could effectively throw giant bolts or 150lbs boulders 1200 yards.

Attached: 220px-Bal_BBC1.jpg (220x247, 10K)

Attached: U7Ghu2s.gif (448x291, 3.06M)

Friendly reminder Rome's downfall was multiculturalism.

Frank, Tenney, 1916 `Race mixture in the Roman Empire': American Historical Review, Volume 21

Attached: 1479912586742m.jpg (706x1024, 70K)

>got sacked in return
By fucking goths you mong, Carthage had nothing to do with the Visigoths or Alaric getting pissed and burning them to the ground

Sometimes I tell myself I am their descendant , sometimes I say we have no similarities .Sometimes I say they were awesome , sometimes I say they were ethnically inferior slave owners and torturer tyrants .

stupidest things I ever saw today.

But he was too stupid to realize his actions would destroy Rome on the long term .Not to mention what he did to the citizens of that city during the siege .

That helmet is really impractical

Auxiliaries were what allowed the Roman Army to adapt to new threats by incorporating different cultures weapons and tactics. Auxiliaries were indoctrinated through service and earned citizenship upon retirement, becoming stakeholders in the Roman Empire.

Cato the Elder and Polybius did nothing wrong
"Any person that runs is a Carthaginian, anybody that stands still is a well disciplined Carthaginian"

>would destroy Rome on the long term
They saved Rome. Nothing lasts forever. The Republic was sick, and Caesar did a lot to cure it. The Emperors didn't adopt the man's fucking name as their station of office for no reason.

The Republic was politically unstable due to weak checks and balances on the power of military leaders and disconnects between social classes. The civil wars involving Sulla and Marius were as bad as anything Caesar started, in fact he made a point to show mercy to defeated enemies to distance himself from previous dictators. Augustus was able to finish what his uncle started and brought peace that the Republic failed to deliver.

>He fell for the "Rome fell because (insert reason based on pet political cause meme)" meme.
Hello, Gibbon.

The Auxiliaries dying for Rome wasn't an issue.

In his piece, “Race mixture in the Roman Empire”, Frank outlined how he first realized that race mixture was the cause of the change in Roman society. By studying the names of graves on the Appian Way in Rome, he found that huge numbers of late Roman Republic inhabitants had names which originated in the Levant, or Middle East, in strong contrast to the early inhabitants of Rome, who had Latin names.

Attached: modern_legionaire_by_1wyrmshadow1-d2z64w8.jpg (400x640, 35K)

>names which originated in the Levant, or Middle East

Attached: oy vey.jpg (500x513, 41K)

>Late Republic.
>Something something Empire's collapse.

>I wouldn't exactly consider the events causal.

Attached: 1528178017892.png (890x890, 180K)