Where's the best place to get a cheap SKS? I want something in 7...

Where's the best place to get a cheap SKS? I want something in 7.62x39 that takes clips and SKS seems like a good option. I got a friend in Idaho willing to grab one and hold onto it for me (gotta be 21 in Hawaii) until I move back there. Don't really care about serials or anything like that, as long as it's functional.

Also have my eye on the CZ 527 in case I can't get a SKS for a fair price, but not sure what a fair price would be.

Attached: images.jpg (342x147, 5K)

These days a good SKS runs between 300-400 if I'm not mistaken? Checked pawnshops and you might get lucky.

Pawn shops, local auctions/estate sales, postings on a bulletin board at a local range/club.

Fuck armslist ...

Today I'd say if the sks is in decent condition you would be lucky to get one for $350 after taxes and fees out the door.

If you really want one you could pay as much as $450 out the door for one in excellent condition.

As the other poster said $300 - $400 is possible.

/thread

You can pick up a Russian Tula for $700

Gunbroker.com
Got a really nice one for 450
LGS and Cabelas only have grease covered, heavily abused ones, and would ask for 500 for those garbage rods

I just got lucky on armslist

Mine was a '72 Yugo still in cosmoline for 260 bucks

Classic firearms has some yugo's for around $400 I believe. Other than that you can try small gun stores and pawnshops, don't bother with gun shows unless you want overpriced bubba shit.

>I want something in 7.62x39 that takes clips
What you seek is the Vz.58 friendo, they've gone up in price tho recently.

Attached: VZ58 clipz.jpg (620x400, 81K)

After the internet, there's no reason to go to shows anymore. There's no deals - just Tazers and overpriced jerky (jerky's still the best part).

SKS was only popular because it was a cheap semi auto at a certain point. There's literally no reason to get one now when you can get a poverty AR for the same price nowadays.

>There's literally no reason to get one now when you can get a poverty AR for the same price nowadays.
7.62x39 is cheaper than 5.56x45

>thinking every gun is for some fantasy SHTF/defense scenario

You larping faggots are the worst. Maybe OP just wants a fun piece of history to blast shit with? Not every gun purchase has to be for your prepper fantasy.

This. I'm not sure when every fag on Jow Forums became Delta Dan, but it's fucking annoying as fuck.

Well, you really can't get a cheap SKS without shilling some other older gun for it. Most I've seen are in the 300-450 range and thus bordering on being the same price as a el cheapo AR. I'd suggest digging through the collection for anything you don't really shoot if you really want one.

Canada

Attached: 1532517176098.jpg (838x768, 92K)

Anything under $450-500 is a good deal

Bought an SKS last weekend. I shopped aroumd a bit. LGS was the best choice followed by pawn shops. Got a good condition yugo for 450. They had cheaper ones I think the lowest being 375. Russians were 700

How dumb am I for going along with the LGS price of 480 for one of those police Yugos? They also had a Russian for 800.

Canada

i bought 2 for $450 each.

i bought 1 of those about a year and a half ago for $400

No you didn't you bought a century vz-2008. That's like me calling my heritage rough rider a Single Action Army.

speaking of that why doesn't some Canadian buy a truck full cut them up and export them to usa they could make some money and we could have reasonably priced parts kits