P90 mags

Jow Forums, question.

Why has no one adapted P90 style mags to any other weapon or caliber?

It seems like a super innovative design, very compact and a high capacity so why hasn't it been adapted for 9mm or .40 or anything else?

Attached: FNP90MAG01.jpg (1500x1321, 345K)

Other urls found in this thread:

patents.google.com/patent/US4905394A/en
twitter.com/AnonBabble

9mm and 40 wouldnt benifit from it the mags would still be the same overallsize with an extra complication on the top of the mag. stuff like 5.56 or 76x39 would be to thick and all taper. this is a mag designed for that round and a round designed for that mag.

For pistol rounds out of an SMG wouldn't it be a benefit having the magazine on top of the weapon and out of the way?

main advantage of an smg is being short
why would you add a horizontal mag that makes the gun longer?

They have patents on the magazine. Some company tried to make a shotgun with the same magazineand autistic screeching ensued.

>autistic screeching
Man, you just can't fucking stop yourself, can you? Autism this, autism that, whatever the fuck it is, you gotta call it autism like all the other cool kids do so they'll accept you into the club.

Attached: 1161152006307.jpg (959x719, 408K)

I think its still under patent protection

Attached: 1161159566234.jpg (562x401, 45K)

Attached: ar57_updated_04.jpg (1024x683, 288K)

I like the 5.7 round but only for what it was intended for, huge fire rates which I can’t have so I don’t want it.

patents.google.com/patent/US4905394A/en

I think its still in force

No way. It must have expired like 10 years ago

anyone got the patent number, should expire in 18 years right?

>patents.google.com/patent/US4905394A/en
Granted in march 1990, expired 2010.
Those shotgun dudes should try again with that ugly beast.

Attached: Halo-P-12-1237524552055-660x495.jpg (660x495, 43K)

Responding to "autistic screeching" with autistic screeching.
Fascinating.

Attached: autistic-screeching4.png (1683x1564, 111K)

>complaining about memes on Jow Forums
Stop posting, lurk moar.

Attached: 1512548713074.gif (264x264, 1.39M)

>Those shotgun dudes should try again with that ugly beast.
Or those guys making the modern FG42s could do a side mounted version.

Yo I want this

Nothing to do with patents, Fagpul bought out Monolith to shut down competition in the poilymer furniture market, and discontinued all their products, including the then-forthcoming P12.

>t. Autist

Attached: autism has increased.jpg (720x316, 17K)

>They have patents on the magazine.
>P90
>designed 1990
>28 years ago

any patent expired at least a few years ago.

complicated things cost a loot.

mags are throw away stuff.

if you throw away a expensive mag you have to buy a expensive one.

also

the more moving parts you have the higher the chance they fail.
throu posibel manufacture failure or outside forces.

simpel mag is simpel.

Hobbits shouldn’t own shotguns

t. brainlet
see this

from what i hear those uppers aren't very good, which is a shame cause its a much better alternative to a longboi p90

That barrel could be shorter if it wasn't for that magazine.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

The design is only reliable within extremely tight tolerances. If you use American Eagle ammo, which has bullets that are *ever* so slightly more blunt-tipped than FN's branded 5.7 ammo, the gun will jam, since there is basically no feed ramp on the P90. Also, the rollers in the 3rd party magazines are also known for jamming up if they aren't *perfectly* round.

I'm not saying that the magazine, as designed and manufactured by FN, doesn't work. They do. However, if any single component of the system isn't first party, manufactured in an FN factory, they have problems.

I want a side loading sub-gun for the p90 mags

Oh fuck! I just got wood!

It better fucking be balsa

That shotgun turned it to oak

1/2
Just for fun in 1952 Springfeild arsenal built a Hill submachine gun, also Hill built a few other prototypes subguns in 9mm. They feature a top mount horizontal magazine.

Attached: 1527974186168.jpg (660x484, 39K)

You cant use any casing that has a taper, which is basically every common caliber in use right now. 5.7 is a straightwalled cartridge, this is why the p90 magazine is straight.
Look at stanags, aug mags, and ar10 mags, ak and dragonov mags, every one curved.

2/2
The big difference is the P90 uses a transfer disk in the mag while the Hill uses a turntable in the gun.

Hill visited FN in 63 and left a prototype there. The Hill was mentioned twice in the patent for the P90.

Attached: 1527974248539m.jpg (1024x839, 128K)

This magazine is gay, you should all feel bad.

Just make a dedicated AR that can use the strait stick pistol mags.

I was actually looking into getting a AR57 upper around Christmas, never pulled the trigger on the deal and blew the money into another pistol. Anyone here have any real experience of them?

I heard those had a thing where they bent your brass
If they moved the lock for the mag to the side they could keep the gas tube in place and make it not a brass mangling clusterfuck of an upper

>autistically screeching about someone calling something autistic
Really makes you think

How hard would it be to DIY?

Attached: DRC-park-ranger.jpg (1000x1084, 114K)

much like 5.56

Holy shit

Kek, this thing was vaporware before fucking HL3 was vaporware

Do you understand what a patent is? Some madmen made a fucking 12gauge p90 magazine beast that fed well but got sued into obscurity.

>fed well
it didn't feed at all