Anti Yogi funs protection

What do you take with you in case of yogi? I may be honey mooning in the smokey mountains and I'm contemplating whether to bring a gun or hire a guide.

Attached: download (1).jpg (275x183, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JimJR2rMgbM
ammoland.com/2018/02/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/#axzz5MW573cM8
youtube.com/watch?v=OBvtGr1BfVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rNR2Uh08FrA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bkwy0scRXBU
ammoland.com/2018/03/ar-15-used-to-defend-against-charging-polar-bear-2008/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just talked with someone who put 6 rounds of 300 wmg into a grizzly before it dropped.

Take a fat friend

12 gauge and Brenekke slugs.

Live in Montana and that's what I use.

Attached: IMG_2266.jpg (3264x2448, 2.49M)

You take it on day hikes?

+p+ 360 grain .44 mag, out of a 16 inch carbine lever gat.

Not very educated on calibers but would 45 70 be good?

Attached: 4229483417_66c8004f0f.jpg (338x500, 140K)

I take my PTR-91 innawoods. I feel like 20 rounds of .308 will fuck a bear up alright.

There isn't an animal walking on earth today that .45-70 can't kill

If you can't kill it with a 45-70, chances are that what ever you're shooting at, is not of this world. When I lived in Alaska, a Marlin 1895 was my go to /out/ gun, I live in WA now, so my .44 mag works more than just fine.

All you have to worry about in the Smokeys are black bears, which are quite a bit smaller than brown bears and can be deterred with harsh language or calibers 10mm and up reliably.

...As for brown bears, do you think an AK in x39 would work alright? I mean, people carry 10mm for brown bear protection in Alaska and Norway, so 30 rounds of 7.62x39 from a 16" barrel should work pretty well.

Yeah, and camping if in area that would seem bearish. Also take birdshot to dick around with.

Lol what miserable shot placement.

Yes, and people have survived 7.62 Nato to the head. The bullet hitting important parts is what matters.

>Moved to WA
>Thinks 44 mag is enough
Have fun disappearing in Bigfoot country.

I wouldn't worry about it.

stay away from the res homie

In my country hunters carry 7.62x25 pistols for brown bears

And the round has taken down bears.

>What do you take with you in case of yogi?
a book on how to teach bears to give blowjobs

Doubtful. Hunters in all countries exaggerate.

Although there was that one dude in Alaska who actually killed a grizzly with his fucking hands. But that was documented.

If you don't know what caliber can kill a black bear, chances are your not skilled enough to dispatch a bear in a high stress situation with a gun when it attacks, I would hire a guide if I was you, or get bear bells and bear mace. 99% of the time when you shout at a black bear it runs away.

A woman took down a kodiak with a .22lr and that's well documented.

>smokey mountains
>having anything actually dangerous
get a load of this faggot.

That would make sense. Ultimately, as long as the bullet goes through enough of the bear to hit something vital with good shot placement, it would die.

I only go on the res to buy fireworks. Other than that. I try to avoid those shitskins.

From a hide though, so she could have perfect shot placement. Not a charging bear.

7.62x25 has the energy of a .357 magnum with a much smaller projectile.
It will penitrate bears vitals no matter how large it is.

There are recorded cases of the round taking down bears

.357 magnum generates a lot more energy than 7.62tok. The big advantage to 7.62tok is the high velocity and sectional density of the bullet produce deep penetration.

At minimum a .357, my go to for Yogi's is a .270... 223 is ok but be prepared for multiple rounds, cant go wrong with 12 gauge but you should never let a bear get that close to you...any decently powered hunting round really.

Terrible fucking shot placement

Though the fudds here will say otherwise, your 9mm, 40sw, or 45acp is more than adequate if you can aim half decently.

Lots of critters can take your life faster then you can blink.
But you go ahead and ramble on like a drunk at a card game.

The problem you don't see is the problem you need to face.

>underestimating the Appalachians
Enjoy getting raped and gutted by hillbillies and becoming crow food.
t. NCfag

Says the nonhunter. Bear was probably dead but didnt know it yet.

Depends, I noticed Grizzly are much larger in Alaska compared to say Montana. 45-70 for Alaska, 7.62x51 for Montana Grizzly.

A Ruger Redhawk with Buffalo Bore ammo

>bear mace
Fuck off you yogie loving son of a bitch, only people I see that push that garbage are people who love bear more than other people and rather a human die so their precious furry piece of shit lives. Hope you get eaten alive like that bear fucker and his girlfriend did.

what shotty? I think my uncle used to carry one on hikes but that was so long ago. He used to just load up with slugs when he went innawoods though.

Mossberg 590A1. Usually don't care for shotguns that much but got it new for a good discount as versatile throw-around gun.

>Recommending bear spray ever.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JimJR2rMgbM

.454 casull with 405 gr hard cast out of a puma 92. 1350 fps, or roughly the muzzle energy of a Volkswagen doing 45 mph. To be fair I only have to deal with blacks and moose so a .45-70 with 500 gr defender loads may be more up to speed for you .

The res in WA is a cakewalk compared to states that let you gamble and buy fireworks.

10mm. I don't see many bears since word got out.

Attached: bears10mm.webm (740x416, 2.78M)

Did that guy literally choke it to death by forcing his arm down its throat?

I meant for the spoopy injun shit

yeah it was fucking metal

I'm looking for a decent bear defense gun on a budget. Only need to deal with negro bears, no griz in my neck of the woods.

What should I get?

Glock 30 and a 460 rowland kit

Maverick 88+slugs coupled with shouting (which normally works)

Only have basketball bears in my area. I pack a 357 mang with 6 inch barrel and Hornady custom 125 grain XTP's

Here's an actual article about this subject
ammoland.com/2018/02/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/#axzz5MW573cM8

Attached: IMG_20180619_164400666.jpg (3840x2160, 2.96M)

I live near talkeetna Alaska. Get a can of bear spray. Carry whatever gun you want.

bear spray you fucking retards.
Guns are utterly useless against bears except as noise makers.
Bear spray is the way of life guns are the path of death and mauling.

Try this, keeps any Grizzly at bay, or a dozen of them if necessary.

youtube.com/watch?v=OBvtGr1BfVQ

Fuck bears, been there dealt with aggressive black bears. They want to reintroduce grizzley here(the sticks Washington) but not the city of seattle. Fuck that, i'l fight those bears, gun claw, knife. but i dont go hiking anymore without a .38spc atleast

I'd love to see what the lib shitheads would do if they ate the homeless on pike place

I carry my shockwave with 00 buck.

And for the next person who tells me it's not enough, please show me any animal on any continent that walked through 00 buck.

I use super x Winchester 00 for bears
Bear spray is for niggers

>cant go wrong with 12 gauge but you should never let a bear get that close to you

So, like, ~150 m or so?

Attached: 1528744045894.jpg (1279x720, 110K)

Even more metal, he shoved his fist down its throat and tore at its throat with his teeth until it choked on its own blood.

Attached: brutal.png (325x325, 136K)

People in my state have killed Grizzly with 1911s in self defense, not hunting.

Dude, if bears had half the DT Jow Forums thinks they do, the military would be raising them in pens to use their hides as body armor.

Jow Forums forgets that frontiersmen used to almost routinely kill them with lead balls moving so slowly as to be visible mid-course under the right conditions.

All of which is, of course, not to say that I'd be in any hurry to confront one with a fucking .25 ACP.

>What do you take with you in case of yogi?
youtube.com/watch?v=rNR2Uh08FrA

60 caliber balls of lead multiple shots every encounter documented as a fucking near death experience given horibilus as latin name because they were such death machines.
They are unpredictable nigh untrainable certainly for military purposes, difficult to ship handle feed and useless for anything but being mauling machines.
In a combat situation they're shit. When you spook one in the wild and have 2 seconds to react I'd rather have bear spray than a gun of aNY kind

>When you spook one in the wild and have 2 seconds to react I'd rather have bear spray than a gun of aNY kind
City slicker detected, pussy fags like you piss yourselves when you encounter black bears. But keep carrying that bear spray if you like to season a bears meal.

Attached: 1475189240906.jpg (500x263, 25K)

>.360
Sorry but such a small round like that won't do much to a bear

This. I've shot freshly killed brown and black bear heads with multiple calibers and everything 9mm and up went straight through the skull. I did angled shots/straight on shots/side shots and only .380 "bounced" off the front skull from an angled shot. Chuke outdoors has done videos on this as well with some massive brown bear heads.

>guns
>for bears
>inside the continental USA
you fucking faggot
I wish all niggers and spics and inner city jews and europeans were outright banned from this board

if youre serious? get some fucking mace you retarded basedboy.
in actuality? a fucking can half full of pennies to shake at it to scare it away.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bkwy0scRXBU

yeah you really have to worry about those bears killing people left and right all over the world.
listen you fucking dark skinned city dwelling faggot. howabout you just stay home and leave the bears alone?
if youre actually scared of bears you shouldnt be in the woods in the first place.
>this is just some fucking teenage muslim larping from europe
please. just stop making these threads.
whenever a non white city dweller makes a thread asking about guns for bear defense inside the woods we can smell you out.
bears are overgrown raccoons at this point.
a fucking starving grizzly will run away from bear mace and a cap gun shooting blanks you fucking larping faggot.
the only good thing about this thread is that OP will never actually step foot in america.

Attached: lying.jpg (625x476, 188K)

>shoot a spooked bear once center mass with a 45-70
>if it doesn't go down right away it will bleed out pretty quickly and lose energy to keep mauling even with adrenaline
Whereas bear spray
>spray the bear
>it proceeds to maul you until you're dead
Only one of these scenarios gives me a chance at surviving the attack, and it's not bear spray. Plus I always have a .357 revolver in a chest holster so if the bear is too close for me to use the rifle I can access my revolver and keep shooting at it point blank

t. bear

>Suggesting bear spray
Your not fooling anyone Yogi.

Attached: 1523158679642.jpg (707x1000, 99K)

Fuck off Yogi.

I use 460 Rowland for blacks

IM A HUGE FAGGOT THATS SCARED OF BLACK BEARS PLEASE TELL ME WHAT KIND OF TAMPONS SHOULD I USE TO DISGUISE MY SCENT FROM VICIOUS ANIMALS THAT RUN AWAY FROM LOUD YELLING AND MIGHT TRY TO STEAL MY PICNIC BASKET AT NIGHT!!!!???
OH GOD IM SO FUCKING SCARED OF WALKING THROUGH THE WOODS AT NIGHT!!!
PLEASE SOMEONE LOAN ME A .50 DEAGLE SO I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BEING ONE OF THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE EATEN BY BEARS IN THE SMOKEY MOUNTAINS

youre a fucking faggot
youre worried about black bears
please take whatever gun you were gonna use to protect yourself from bears and stick it in your mouth instead of a whatever freshly released from prison nigger dick youre used to putting into your mouth instead.

Attached: disgust.gif (275x154, 1.83M)

>bear tries to get whatever peanut butter granola bar this faggot carries in his pack
>oh god my life is in danger I better mag dump this bear
>thank god my local rabbi taught me all the fudd lore about bears taking 8 shots of .45 stopping powah and still eating an entire family of backpackers!!
these are all actual white people who live around bears
thank god there are a few left
I would give anything for Jow Forums to have flags like /sp/ does.

Attached: bitch.gif (500x281, 488K)

>-t. bear

Attached: 90D7AA64-BD6A-496E-8690-8944CC0DAFEF.jpg (1000x619, 77K)

Need to take a step more by having United States to have state flags. I'm sick of these east and west coast faggots that think they know shit about bears talking on here.

agreed
>be hiking innawoods
>oh look bears
>try to get close to them without them noticing
>fucking branch snaps back on me
>yell fuck really loud
>bears run away

god to think if I didnt have a small dick and big shotgun with me I could have died

also Im west coast
sierra's deal with more bears than anywhere else in the USA than alaska
midwest have trash raccoon black bears that live off dumpsters and handouts

Attached: back to the future england.jpg (720x347, 57K)

Just get a AR-15, its light, has great ammo capacity and will give Yogi a good thumping. Also you can actually easily afford to spend money on ammo for it so you can practice.
ammoland.com/2018/03/ar-15-used-to-defend-against-charging-polar-bear-2008/

I would unironically carry a 458 Socom

I go jogging where brown bears are pretty much the norm, 16 rounds of 255gr hardcast is my carry.

12ga black magic magnum is well liked here, .45 raptor in an AR10 would be the "look at all this money I have" option

Attached: 20180723_143307-4032x2268.jpg (4032x2268, 1.6M)

How do you get your hardcast to chamber? I bought some buffalo bore 255gr before but they won't chamber all the way and get stuck. I use a HK USP 45. Did I just get a bad batch of ammo?

>would 45 70 be good?
Do bears shut inna woods.

I'm Canadian and people have gotten killed by moose.
Go be queer someplace else.

Unknown hindson is the guy who voices early in squid billies.
Check it out if you like country western.
Pretty good songs.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America
Dude totally dont worry about grizzly bears and mountain lions lol.

Before switching to my Mk23 I used a USP45 and didn't have that issue, what recoil spring?

No shit, they're a lot more dangerous than people think. Took this vid today, fucking moose is loose near the hoose

Attached: VID_20180727_213659_732.webm (1280x720, 2.29M)

I will if you stop reading such a faggoty ass comic. You degenerate bottom feeder.

Hey your autism is at about a 10. I need you to bring it down to a 5. Okay? Thanks.

Did he shoot it in the pinky toe? Hell, did he actually hit the thing?

>accusing someone of having a small dick because they own a gun.
Found the liberal larper

People have literally gone elephant hunting with 45-70. Just make sure you use modern stuff like Underwood, not black powder equivalent. I'd recommend Underwood Xtreme penetraters +P.