Friday Night /atf/

What are your beverage and smoking vices for the evening, anons? Post comfy pics and drink responsibly. Decompressing with pic related. Gonna bust open a box of milsurp rheinmetall G3 magazines and scrub them with ballistol and a toothbrush after I'm well lit.

Attached: atfn.jpg (1120x1457, 250K)

Oiling my generic break action 4.5mm air rifle while I sip maker's mark. Tomorrow I will drink a 6 pack of coors light cans, refill them with water, set up a lawn chair 10 yards from the cans, and fire crosman gold tips at them.

What's up, just about to finish some left over I had sitting around then going to go online and look at which guns I want next. Hopefully I don't end up impulse buying. It happens when I have no debt but bills and half a 100k just sitting around in my accts. House to my name and cars paid off. I know I aint much to a lot of guys out there but to me I'm comfy as fuck and I'm ok with where I'm at. No need to sperg out invest in portfolios and all of that.

Attached: 20180727_210150.jpg (3024x3413, 2.61M)

sounds pretty comfy desu. jeep is paid off, everything that's important to me fits in the bed, and i've got that GI bill coming. feels good.

>Coors
based

>tfw you've never actually been drunk in your life and only have like one or two beers a night because you actually like the taste of beer
Am I weird Jow Forums?

Attached: 1491421457251.jpg (600x600, 216K)

Just got home from spending a month working the highway, I got some Captain Morgan, going to clean my Mark II and SXP tomorrow then hit the range. Still saving up for an AR-10.

No, you're just a fag.

There's plenty of other kinds of drinks to try and taste. Experiment a little.

Only the best here, friends!

Attached: Whiskey.jpg (544x725, 54K)

>drink
Boulevardier
>tobacco
Not smoking tonight have had enough cigars recently. Maybe tomorrow.
>boomers
Will be ccing my jetfire when I go for a drive later

Attached: 20180718_233613.jpg (2880x2160, 1.94M)

Strange question but - Is that SoCo 100proof as in 50% alcohol?

... In my country the Soco is about 30% alcohol and rather expensive so it's not popular.

How does the 50% compare to the regular version (and what % is it?) in the states?

Holy shit, I've never seen anything just straight up LOOK this bad.

I wish I could poat something new, but just got off work and now in bed with the gf. Gonna pass out and go hang out together tomorrow, butnjeres an approximation of what I have.

Attached: 20170211_022338.jpg (1920x1080, 1.18M)

Yeh, it's 50% ABV. Normally you'll find it at 40%, like any other whisky. SoCo is not my usual, but I'd been craving it lately. Normally I have a KSBW at 40%. This handle was $35. My usual handle is $18. Not worth it, but like I said I was craving.

It's just a bit stronger. If you're a new drinker your throat will feel it. If you're accustomed to 40% you may actually feel more drunk following your normal program. I'm well toasted now, but busy with writing fiction and can't clean my mags. Will do tomorrow I guess.

Where you from user?

based African whisky, user.

I'll have to try one of those, never even heard of it.

Attached: Triple threat.jpg (4032x2268, 2.19M)

Campari is a very herbal liquor. If you've never had anything herbal I recommend trying it first at a bar. I like negronis more but decided to have something different.

I miss my pipe even though it was cheap shit

Attached: Snapchat-1424852316.jpg (480x852, 138K)

I love herbals. Chartreuse green, Pernod, even Fernet Branca. Those are my jam.

based

>like any other whisky

See you say that, but many people also say that SoCo isn't a proper whiskey, and in this country for sure it wouldn't be allowed to call itself that - It's got whiskey in it (perhaps?) but it's also got a whole bunch of other flavourants and sources of alcohol in it too.

And here, strangely enough it's 30% ('original' my ass). So the 50% sounds like a good thing to try out if the nice flavours and all that is more intense, not just the alcohol. Is that the case or just the stronger alcohol taste?

What do you usually drink?

I'm from 'Straya. No shitposting jokes pls ;_;

You're not wrong. I mean most whiskys are 40%. I only call it a whisky because that's what it's based on. I'm sure it's sourced from lower grade straight bourbons, and sweetened with honey or whatever and colored with food coloring. Tastes like medicine, but that's what I wanted. The only thing I absolutely cannot abide is a 'blended' whisky, derived mostly grain alcohol mixed with the absolute cheapest whisky available.

Nah, you don't really taste the alcohol. Normally I have Evan Williams black or green label. Breddy good and affordable. What's the goods in Straya?

>a 'blended' whisky, derived mostly grain alcohol mixed with the absolute cheapest whisky available.

Wow, again I'm not sure such a product would be allowed to call itself that here. I think it'd have to call itself 'blended whiskey plus X' or 'whiskey-style' or whatever.

And yeah, it has that unique flavour that is definitely cravable on occasion.

Hmm. So the 50% tastes pretty much the same as the 40% ... Interesting. I was hoping it was basically just concentrated across the board, since it'd be nice to be able to pour less in a mixed drink or on the rocks and have it taste just as good, or pour in the same amount and get a lot more flavour out of it. You know what I mean.

As for what's good here, to be honest the popular mainstream stuff is just the US stuff but watered down or price hiked (often both). The alcohol tax rate here is insanely high. The usual house spirits are Jim Beam (or in rare cases George Dickel, my favourite reasonably priced 'bourbon'), Sminoff for Vodka (again in rare cases it's Russian Standard which is my favourite reasonably priced vodka), scotch is generally Johnny red. Gin is often Gordon's but I've seen Beefeater at nicer places too. Mixed drinks at bars are hella expensive here so at least in my friends groups generally it's beer, cider, or the occasional bourbon & coke.

Bundaberg Rum is, in some low-end circles, a patriotic spirit of choice, but it tastes like straight ass. Not even similar in flavour to any other country's rum, you would barely be able to pick it as rum at all. Bacardi white is the only rum that's sometimes house spirit, but there's always some slightly more expensive Jamaican or Caribbean stuff that's decent. Captain Morgan & Kraken too.

Some of the best tasting stuff is actually, if you're careful and try around a bit, some of the really cheap stuff sold as exclusives by the supermarket owned liqour stores. $30 AUD is very cheap for a 40% bottle of spirits, but you can get a 5x distilled vodka called 'cleanskin' which is probably a rebrand of some other company's stuff @ 37% for $30 and it's better than smirnoff, when cold anyway. Holds true for most styles of spirits. Not great, kinda fakeish flavours, but drinkable for decent alcohol per dollar.

They do a hell of a lot of shenanigans with alcohol percents. It's this game of 'how far from 40% can we get without people noticing enough to stop ball-parking everything together as being close enough'.

Evan Williams is just not a thing here AFAIK. I'll have to take a look but I doubt it'll be anywhere near cheap =/

Yeh, you're right, pretty much American tastes. Bacardi silver is dece, I pick it up sometimes. Very rarely are poorfag hotel house liquors any kind of brand name, seems they're always nameless well liquors maybe blended with something recognizable. I'm not a vodka guy but Smirnoff is shit. It's overpriced. Much prefer Wyborowa ($20/1.75L) or Ukrainian Heritage rye (same). I save the nice stoppered and gasketed UH bottles for putting away dry rice or beans. What's truly a crime is the price of Jack Daniels or Wild Turkey. Decent flavorful whisky is more than twice the price of "regular" KSBWs. Shame.

>Dickel
ayyyyy! That's not bad, I like their rye chased with a pepsi.

Attached: apuaustralia.jpg (1148x746, 110K)

brb time to take the pipe out

>Very rarely are poorfag hotel house liquors any kind of brand name

True, but I'm inner Sydney so most bars don't use ridiculously cheap booze. The cost of getting better stuff is marginal when your customers are paying out the ass for drinks, and besides the liqour companies are probably more than willing to cut you a decent deal just for the marketing reasons: Rich inner city cunts see all the nice liqour and will want to buy it for themselves at home or whatever, but there's no way they're going to see no name trash liqour and ever deign to buy it.

And yeah of course Smirnoff is garbage. I've had Wyborowa but not The Ukrainian stuff. I'm pretty chuffed with the cleanskin stuff if I'm being cheap, or Rus. Std. if I'm going to be judged or I feel like something just a cut better. The Rus. Std. Silver stuff is great actually, though the Gold tastes very subtly weird on account of the added Ginseng and all that.

I would feel bad about JD or WT but I love George Dickel's haha. Tennessee Whiskey or Bourbon, whatever you want to call it, it's cheaper than the other big brands but it's hella good IMO.

Attached: e8536c997bbe15cc3a66ee66559a882e[1].jpg (650x488, 56K)

>I'm inner Sydney
yeh I had shit tier murican bars in mind. I've lived out in the Hawaii party scene and on the east coast and come to pretty much the same conclusion: ultra-quality isn't worth the price, and under the bottom shelf bottles aren't worth picking up.

One day I'll have a corn cob still and a rifle range and y'all will be welcome. :^)

>ad for tinnitus
I know that feel