How'd i do Jow Forums

So Jow Forums im a college student going back this august, wanted to spend money on an optic. Obviously on budget. So i picked up the Vortex Strikefire 2, set me back roughly $185, already sighted at 50 yrds, Good battery life. So i wanted my fellow Jow Forumsmmandos option on the purchase. was it a good get or just Tactic-cool sight worth less than i spent (pic related)

Attached: 237093.jpg (880x660, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Holosun-HS503C-Paralow-133x54x72mm-Circle/dp/B014GBIZD2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1532993346&sr=8-8&keywords=holosun red dot
amazon.com/Primary-Arms-Advanced-MD-ADS-Riflescope/dp/B00OD2L62M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1532993316&sr=8-3&keywords=primary arms red dot
amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-SOR52001-Romeo5-Compact/dp/B01C95I8N4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1532993316&sr=8-5&keywords=primary arms red dot
amazon.com/HOLOSUN-HS403B-Micro-Sight-Riser/dp/B01BJ3ZXD0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1532993346&sr=8-5&keywords=holosun red dot
amazon.com/dp/B01AK8U9AM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01AK8U9AM&pd_rd_wg=lQxwF&pd_rd_r=B7Z721FVGZ3CM0PBNNSP&pd_rd_w=SEBWc
palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-strikefire-ii-red-dot-optic-ten-magpul-pmag-5-56-30rd-magazines.html?avad=211021_f12a72a2d&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl
youtube.com/watch?v=f3eQGOCHsi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Could have got one used for around $100 if you wanted to be extra poorfag since they have a lifetime warranty

That said, they’re good for the price

I just sold off mine recently. Worked well on my SGL20 but I decided I’d rather just use standard sights for now until I get a new mount and throw my aimpoint pro on it

It's good, but would be shitloads better with a 2 MOA dot. You hear that Vortex?

Nice, just like the one uncle Sam gave me.

Attached: 1532548621189.png (2170x1598, 2.68M)

you did shitty

The battery life on the Strikefire 2 is a lot shorter than what they advertise. The battery type is uncommon. The mount that comes with it is shit and has a tendency to allow the red dot to turn within the ring even when tightened down. The red dot itself is based off an Aimpoint from the early 00s so it's a bit bulky and heavy for what it is. There's nothing wrong with a 4 MOA dot though.

You would have been better off with a lower profile Holosun or Sig Romeo red dot.

Not bad. Holosun is superior in every way but yours is okay.

Im sure you did fine. I heard great things about it.
the /arg/ approved poorfag optics are the following
amazon.com/Holosun-HS503C-Paralow-133x54x72mm-Circle/dp/B014GBIZD2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1532993346&sr=8-8&keywords=holosun red dot

amazon.com/Primary-Arms-Advanced-MD-ADS-Riflescope/dp/B00OD2L62M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1532993316&sr=8-3&keywords=primary arms red dot

amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-SOR52001-Romeo5-Compact/dp/B01C95I8N4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1532993316&sr=8-5&keywords=primary arms red dot

amazon.com/HOLOSUN-HS403B-Micro-Sight-Riser/dp/B01BJ3ZXD0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1532993346&sr=8-5&keywords=holosun red dot

amazon.com/dp/B01AK8U9AM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01AK8U9AM&pd_rd_wg=lQxwF&pd_rd_r=B7Z721FVGZ3CM0PBNNSP&pd_rd_w=SEBWc

I dont know which one Im gonna get.
the real question is
>what flip up rear iron sight to I pair with a poorfag PSA A2 front sight?

Attached: garill.jpg (1152x2048, 1.29M)

It's good for the money. You did fine op.

The Spitfire is much better imo. 2 MOA dot, etched reticle, longer battery life, common battery, and not all that bulky. I got one used for $100, and I'm not looking back.

I really dont think its that far off the mark
I dont slap a quad rail on it maybe.

how do I check for astigmatism before I buy a red dot?

Attached: analog.jpg (1920x1080, 1005K)

I have one on my poorfag AR.
I have a better job now and am building a new one so I'm not putting one on my next one but this one never lost zero and never broke.

heard vortex is pretty good
I just dont know why people get things that depend on batteries

would any of these hold up to .308?

just go to the store and try them out. Even airsoft stores have those things.

>it fucking hurts to have it btw

Because they can improve your shooting, grandpa.

what will it look like if I have astigmatism?

palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-strikefire-ii-red-dot-optic-ten-magpul-pmag-5-56-30rd-magazines.html?avad=211021_f12a72a2d&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl

You could have bought the optic and 10 mags from Palmetto for that price OP.

>Vortex Strikefire 2, set me back roughly $185
Honestly, you did bad. That's more expensive than it's standard Amazon price of $175, and PSA has deals where you can get it for crazy cheap. And overall, the Strikefire 2 is a very old optic design, you can tell by it's crazy weight and 4 MOA dot. Granted, it's a working good optic. Something like the $45 Bushnell red dot or airsoft things fudds buy is a massive hunk of shit don't get me started on those things. I personally would have gonna for a modern Holosun, much lighter, smaller dot, wake on movement and far better battery life. If you want to poorfag optics, check out the SIG Romeo 5, it's the cheapest good red dot out there IMO, mainly because it's a rebranded Holosun. People on ebay sell them for ~$120 and I like them better than the Strikefire II.

for me the smaller dots look fuzzy.

sometimes with a red dot on max brightness I see the dot and like lines of light emanating from the dot in 8 directions equidistant. When I turn the brightness down it goes away.

yeah. watch torture tests on them.
people want something battery powered to last like the fucking pyramids. its fine for whatever yo got to throw at it.
but you can strap those on a fucking m2 and be good.

>astigmatism
It WON'T look like a crisp, perfect circle. You can test this but taking a photo of it with your phone and comparing it to what you see with your eyes. Everyone is different so you may see different shapes. I personally see little starbursts that make it look like a spiderweb. The standard test is to take the red dot and rotate it. If the weird shape stays still while rotating it in front of your eyes with a simple twisting motion, it's your eyes, if the shape moves with the rotation then it's an artifact in the optic.

For me if I look directly at the point it looks fuzzy as well, same for everyone of my friends.
It only gets really sharpd when you're looking at the target and not at the dot (like you're supposed to)
Micro T-1 by the way

holy shit.
god bless PSA. at this point Im convinced they are some kind of patriot group trying to kick off the 2nd american revolution.

This is like exactly how I see it when the brightness is way too bright. My eyes are very sensitive to light though. I have to wear sunglasses on cloudy gas and shade 5 welding/cutting glasses on sunny days in-order to drive. I have really good night vision ("You think darkness is you ally?") though so it's a trade off.

ops forgot picture.

Attached: Holosun_dot.jpg (1250x1002, 417K)

youtube.com/watch?v=f3eQGOCHsi4

He just wants to preserve the 2nd amendment by proliferating cheap but good quality ar-15s. This is why I buy a lot of stripped lowers for my own personal use. I have like 30. My rational is that the Heller decision by the supreme court ruled that rifles in common use are covered by the 2nd amendment. If we want to keep the ar-15 and rifles like it then all of us should consider buying more lowers like a vote. Remember law, judges, etc the system works heavily upon precedent. The more we get out there the better off we are legalistically speaking.

>at this point Im convinced they are some kind of patriot group
I think there's a video out there of the CEO explaining basically he wants to provide an AR-15 affordable to everyone because the second amendment extends to people of all income classes.

>He just wants to preserve the 2nd amendment by proliferating cheap but good quality ar-15s. This is why I buy a lot of stripped lowers for my own personal use. I have like 30. My rational is that the Heller decision by the supreme court ruled that rifles in common use are covered by the 2nd amendment. If we want to keep the ar-15 and rifles like it then all of us should consider buying more lowers like a vote. Remember law, judges, etc the system works heavily upon precedent. The more we get out there the better off we are legalistically speaking.

What I mean by this is like if I have 30 receivers, that's 30 ars. If you have 10-15 receivers then that's 45 and the total count of ar-15s goes up. It makes the argument that they are in common use more valid.

besides psa obviously not making rifles for the government, i do not understand this meme. ar-fags pls help

I mean they are mostly mil-spec and are decent rifles for the price assuming you get a non-lemon. Sure they aren't select fire or made by colt but from what I've heard they aren't much better than issued m4s. He's not entirely wrong desu.

Right?

Attached: Screenshot_20180731-104205_Gallery.jpg (1440x1889, 1.87M)

Poorfags trying to argue that their budget rifles are "just as good" as the military ones

spergs not understanding that normal AR owners don't lose their shit over the branding on an M4 clone