If, for home defense, the end purpose of a $500 AR and a $2000 AR are the same thing, why buy the $2000 one?

If, for home defense, the end purpose of a $500 AR and a $2000 AR are the same thing, why buy the $2000 one?

Attached: 22405785_1618826764826863_1684599196892116265_n.jpg (480x480, 23K)

Bragging rights

you can't post about it on /arg/

If the purpose of owning a car to commute to work is to get from point a to point b, why do some people own BMWs and others own Nissans?

Because it has an even lower chance of fucking up and is just generally better fitted in every single way. Why do you buy a Mercedes if all you need is a Focus?

Because the Nissan and the BMW are distinctly and vastly different in measurable specification like power and weight whereas a DD ayyurr and a Palmetto eeyore are essentially the exact same spec for all intents and purpose.

Attached: 10450549_813197762024924_3195852283506641633_n.jpg (480x800, 34K)

If, for guests, the end purpose of a $10 painting and a $200 dollar painting are the same, why buy the $200 dollar one?

Because I'm not gonna pretend that I don't have expensive tastes and don't want some shitty Walgreens painting on my wall
I think anybody with self respect and enough disposable income would feel the same about their ARs

Because why the fuck not? If you buy the gun just for home defense and never fucking use it else then don't get an ar just get a $300 shotgun and kill him dead as a fucking doorknob

Not being poor.

Generally the zeitgeist is that you should avoid cheap ARs at all costs and always by the absolute gucciest gear because of muh reliability but if you buy a Palmetto and it works fine, what's really the difference? Most people already change out the furniture anyway for either.

Attached: ae5ccae88d300222d46d15bbf0ae09987d549805823835e935fd9976bfc1db04.jpg (480x747, 33K)

How do you think the rich stay rich?

"heh sure do love being rich, better go screw some poor people cause they have alot of money I can take from them"

By knowing the difference between good debt and bad debt and being willing to utilize good debt to increase the number of transactions they can partake in.

T. Richfag

Its like my car, A ferrari's lug nut cost more then my car, yet mine is paid off and we both get to the same traffic light in about the same time frame.

Attached: IMG_1096.jpg (640x644, 146K)

whats an example of good debt and bad debt?

it's an ego thing. they cant make shots from 100 yards out so they instead brag about how nice the rifle looks

Good debt is where the noun that you purchase with said debt generates an income or value in excess of the debt service (monthly payment). Shares in a company, angel investment in a company, PPM for real estate investing, real estate itself like rental properties (commercial or residential), or even the back end equity of said real estate.

Bad debt is buying a noun with debt that doesn’t create value in excess of the debt service. Depreciating assets are the worst. Financing TVs, computers, other doodads, jewelry, etc is why beaners and nigs stay poor. Even cars are bad debt unless you are structured to where your car mileage and gas and depreciation writes down your income for tax reasons.

Smart investments

thanks friend I've been trying to find financial advice and Jow Forums is entirely crypto threads

>t.daddies money
There’s nothing you can say which will disprove it

Thanks based bizbro

I’ll try anyway. Grew up dirt poor in a shitty part of New Jersey. Couldn’t afford to go to normal college, went to Mercer county community college. Transferred to Penn my sophomore year. Worked corporate finance after graduating. Started investing in properties when I was 25. I’m not 34 and don’t have to work. I just manage my investments and passive income.

I haven’t spoken to my parents in nearly a decade. Eat shit you loser.

Oh and I live in Texas now because no state income tax and DFW is a rich fucking city.

No reason, but there are more reasons to buy any gun than just pure utility. Some people think ahead and want their gun to have maximum longevity, buying a gun with higher quality components contributes to the gun having a longer lifetime when properly kept. Others have expensive taste and derive enjoyment from purchasing high price high quality products, car collectors don't just want to buy cars, they want nice cars, unique cars, expensive cars, etc and the same is true for some people who buy guns. Other people are optimization nuts, they want their gun to be the finest tuned piece of machinery possible and they'll spend whatever it takes to get it to preform as well as it possibly can.

Fuck off Marx

A smart man buys a 500 dollar AR for home defense and saves his gucci AR for fun. If you get into a real situation they'll take whatever weapon you used for evidence and you'll never see it again.

Attached: fals.jpg (600x450, 96K)

If living in your mom's basement is cheaper than renting an apartment, why ever move?

Because my life is worth more.

Attached: Griefer.png (720x540, 614K)

most unforgivable argument of all time, barring historical pieces
how poor are you, your lawyers are going to cost 500k you fucking dweeb. Oh no my 2k gun!

>$500,000 lawyer

Not really. For a justified shooting in a stand your ground state you probably won't need a lawyer at all. You should still retain one, but you probably won't need him-- unless you want your weapon and whatever else the cops took as "evidence" back. I have an acquaintance that lost a Combat Master that way.