Have any of you ever come across this(and the other documents like it) and thought to try them out...

scribd.com/document/331653248/MK-3-DIY-Sheet-Metal-Self-Loading-Pistol-Professor-Parabellum
Have any of you ever come across this(and the other documents like it) and thought to try them out? I'm curious as to what you lot think of them and their efficacy

Attached: IMG_3842-660x372.jpg (660x372, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D43ZeYu9dnM
mega.nz/#F!YAJzTZSb!PEPWkB9PEVa6kET_mEnFkQ
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/06/28/the-worlds-simplest-smg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It looks ugly as fuck. Fucking up the cartridge ejection and other precision mechanical details is easy as well. Good options if you want to go arts and crafts style for your school shooting though. I'd be more interesting in designing one out of ceramic to get it through metal detectors.

Attached: 0elYNlq.jpg (2340x3005, 1013K)

materials on that are very limited. Maybe palladium glass, but then you've ruined the point of a disposable, discreet weapon with it costing several thousand dollars to make and requiring industry leading craftsmen to put the fucking thing together

Just get a Glock 7. And dont forget your ceramic bullets and ceramic springs and barrel.

professor parabellum has 20 DIY plans for anything from pocket pistols to street sweepers. I have them all organized in a mega folder if anyone's interested.

I'm gonna get into building guns. I don't have a lathe, but i have a hobby CNC milling machine. My first goal is to just learn how to make "good enough" barrels. I will experiment with aluminum and steel barrels, and riffled and unriffled. So i'm gonna start with just a .22 "cannon" form an aluminum rod. My end goal is to build something like the doubletap gun. Maybe suppressed. I would be happy if it had "headshot" accuracy at 10 yards.

Attached: Assembly[1].jpg (1011x734, 379K)

Gib links pls. Might help me with this

Do. Not. Use. Aluminum.
Not.
Use.
Aluminum.

I will try alu. I wanna see how much thickness i need so it doesn't blow up, and its easier to drill through and rifle. As for the durability...think "liberator" pistol. But obviously, i would fire this a bunch of times with a string behind cover before even considering holding it in my hand.

I will also try stupid things like 6mm BB's and reclaiming overly explosive powder from firecrackers. This is about gaining knowledge and distributing it for free. So that people less careful than me can be told what is dangerous and what isn't. Maybe i even make a useful thing in the end, but for now, it will be attempting stupid things and observing the failures. If aluminum does decently with .22, then we move up to .357 :) I have a brick wall with a hole through it witch i can use to pull firing pins with a string going through the hole in the wall.

Attached: doc[1].jpg (1920x897, 693K)

More thickness won't help you, the material is too soft

O rly. What if i make the chamber in 2" thick bar?

youtube.com/watch?v=D43ZeYu9dnM

Metal fatigue is the real problem.

Attached: steel failure.jpg (666x532, 172K)

True. But that's irrelevant if you only have to use it once and throw in a river.

Thats a great Chanel. One of my goals is to determine accuracy difference and keyhole distance between rifled and unrifled. Also..6mm BB + black powder. This is important because eurofags cant buy bullets if the have no licensee. But they can buy black powder and lead balls.

Costs more than I make in year. Can't afford it.

You'll want a high speed camera for studying that. Not cheap.

The way I'm looking at that, an aluminum chamber can take 10,000 rounds of 9mm.

Or you could not be a brainlet and hang notebook paper at 2in intervals.

It's going to depend on the cross-section, the exact alloy of aluminum used, heat treat and operating temperature.

Unless you're testing exclusively with wadcutters (or at least semi-wadcutters), you're not going to get a very good image of performance because of the way the paper will tear.

Don't pollute user, leave it outside a Popeyes

You'll get enough to know if it's keyholing or not. If the paper just rips then use tougher paper.

My point is that if user makes an aluminum gun for research purposes the barrel and chamber will easily survive the three boxes of ammo he will put through it before shelving it for the next project.

Depending on the type of aluminum, might not even last that long.

Rifling it will be pointless, the first round will obliterate any fine detail in the barrel. There is a reason the industrial sector avoids cutting threads into aluminum at all costs, often using helicoils when necessary.

Every round will remove a frightening amount of material from the barrel with every shot, going from a smoothbore to a blunderbuss in moments.

After the first shot you will probably be unable to remove the case, as the material around it will have given enough to potentially rupture, and any subsequent rounds will not be properly supported afterwards.

Aluminum is a very compressible material compared to steel.

Even some types of steel I wouldn't trust to function as firearm parts, and I've been in the industrial engineering sector for 12 years now so disagree with me all you want, it's not a good idea and never would be.

That said, I totally support the user that started this discussion from experimenting and such, that's how new stuff gets developed, I just don't want him to get hurt and hopefully save him from some financial waste.

Yeah i don't need any high speed camera, you can see if the hole in the paper is round or shredded, its pretty obvious when bullets keyhole even without wadcutters. But also, its not a big deal if the tumble if they still hit you :) Hell it can be beneficial!

LOL

This is my exact logic.

Rifling is difficult for most people anyway, so one of my hopes is that i can achieve 10 yard "headshot"/30 yard torsoshot level accuracy without rifling. At the end of the day all i need is to drill a hole through a 1 inch rod of 6061-T6 that i already have lying right next to me and thread a 1 inch thread on the outside. Tada....test barrel complete. If it fails massively, its 1 hour of work and 1$ of material down the drain, no big deal. At least i will be able to tell people: don't even try, because i did and it REEEEEEALLY doesn't work and you will waste your time. Won't get hurt i will be firing this shit from behind a brick wall.

You need a special license for black powder here in Germany.

Even if you have a permit to buy ammo or a different permit to buy smokeless powder you can't buy it.

Well i guess i varies form country to country. Germany is certainly the land of licenses. Over "here", down south, its like this:

Black powder revolver = no license but must register with police within a week of purchase.
So i'm guessing, black powder and balls = unregulated. Since i don't think you get an actual license of any kind when you register your revolver. Tho i could be wrong. But its possible to make black powder yourself, and also reclaim explosive compound from firecrackers. Some of it flashes fast, some slow. And obviously you can buy steel bb balls or reclaim them from bearings.

Yeah, of course you can get a hold of it. They sell black powder 12 gauge blanks for example, no license needed.

You know I've been thinking about hand replicating my wife's CZ-82 on a CNC mill. Although cutting steel takes a better tool your usual hobby mill. But at the same time I kind o want to try modifying the design of the frame so that it can be made out of aluminum anyway, just to save a little in weight. But I'll still defiantly need a good steel slide and barrel. And I'll also look at making it in .380, like the 83 model, given that 9x18mm is a bit uncommon.

Assuming that I can make this happen AND we the fucking Feds don't reverse Cody Wilson's recent court win I fully intend to post my version online somewhere.

Attached: IMG_2096.jpg (862x745, 397K)

Why not go with the GB 22?

Forgot the pic.

Attached: G2210000REVA_1024x1024.jpg (1024x792, 139K)

I can cut steel, just slowly.
I was planing to take exact measurements of every single part and detail of my CZ75 Shadow, and making complete workshop drawings. Storing them for......if any confiscation was ever to come.

>I can cut steel, just slowly.
Well that is true. It's all about keeping whatever your working on from over heating.

>I was planing to take exact measurements of every single part and detail of my CZ75 Shadow, and making complete workshop drawings. Storing them for......if any confiscation was ever to come.
Yeah, I've had the same thought. Don't have a proper CZ, but my Witness 10mm is close enough.

>$150 Mausers
When the fuck was this chart made?

Why not use a steel .22lr barrel liner?
www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/barrel-tools/barrel-liners/22-caliber-rimfire-barrel-liners-prod10974.aspx

woops
here, friend
mega.nz/#F!YAJzTZSb!PEPWkB9PEVa6kET_mEnFkQ

Saved. Thanks m8.!

I could but...3 reasons.

1. American legislators believe that the trigger mechanism is the most difficult thing to make so firearm lowers are controlled.

In EU, legislators know that its actually the barrel that is the most difficult to make, so barrels are illegal without a license. So i doubt euro peeps can just buy those liners, and have them shipped.

2. Americans can buy them but apparently the company "Axiom" or something like that tracks and records every single financial transaction ever made online, so you cant buy it with true anonymity.

3. In SHTF, there is no brownells for anyone.

Do you have this one?
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/06/28/the-worlds-simplest-smg/
Been looking all over for it.

>aluminum barrels

Attached: IMG_7939.jpg (670x499, 65K)

>tfw op is going to use flash powder as propellant

Read more about building guns before trying to build them

After you finish high school

Attached: farts-doorknob-3rd-grade-niggas-fart-beats-31491368-1.png (417x281, 185K)

>SCALE: 2:3
wot in tarnation

Attached: Dwarf.jpg (489x500, 94K)

Fuck off the both of you. Its all a matter of overbuilding. Quit thinking in terms of high quality firearms and start thinking in terms of lawless apocalypse. I've explained my shit here and will proceed according to plan. Staring with thick steel barrels, moving on to alu. Then thin steel barrels, then thin alu. I will deliberately cause catastrophic failures and then report back here.

Barrels must shoot better than 0.375 MOA after 10,000 rounds of +P++PP++ ammo in wildly fluctuating conditions from Antarctic to Death Valley for them to be officially endorsed by Jow Forums.

This is a REBEL thread. We rebel against everything including the already rebellious Jow Forums and their standards. We hate rules so much we even refuse to use rulers and standard threads.