Should I buy myself a FDE SCAR 17S for $3500 for my birthday? Yes or no?

Should I buy myself a FDE SCAR 17S for $3500 for my birthday? Yes or no?

Attached: B71B48FD-D98B-4B0B-A298-96A5D05BB0FD.jpg (1023x1008, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/scar-17s-16in-7-62-x-51mm-fde-20-1rd-prod90056.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why?

Because I don’t have one and it’s my birthday, but $3500 is a lot of money for a .308 and not a great price for a SCAR even with the shortage.

Then why not?

Because $3500

If you're getting sticker shick buy something else, like a PTR or a nice AR-10. I've shot a SCAR 17S, it was nice, but not $3500 of nice. At least not if $3500 is a lot of money to you. If you make $3500 a day then sure. If you expect it to be 3x better than a PTR or AR-10 because it's 3x the cost you'll be disappointed.

Shut the fuck up you California faggot. Fuck off

So? A Scar isn't a bad gun and IDGAF whether you get a good deal or not. So buy it if you want, or wait. Considering they're floating around 3800 right now, 3500 isn't that bad and that's probably where the price will stabilize to anyway.

I already have a PTR, AR10, FALs, M14, etc. It would be a SCAR for the sake of a SCAR, not a .308. But, still, $3500. Realistically I’d just fingerfuck it in front of the TV for a week, eventually get an Elcan to put on it, take it to the range maybe three times total, and then just post pictures of it on Jow Forums to torment the poorfags.

So do what the rest of us do?
>t. Secret scar club

Is that really worth $3500?

Considering I got a black 17s for 2500 a year ago, not the best price but its an awesome shooter. Get ready to drop cash on a trigger and an elcan.

$2700 if you're lucky to get it without a big markup. $2800 if they want some money out of the deal. $2900 if they're looking to make a profit and $3500 if you're a fucking moron.

What you should do is go out and RENT first. See if you're even going to like shooting it or if you're going to be one of the idiots that gets his thumb whacked and never fires it again.

If I had all that I'd allocate the money for something else. It's just a redundancy on top of redundancy at that point.

Should I get myself an MP5 clone for my birthday?
What brand? I was thinking Omega or Zenith since PTR doesn't have a basic model.

Have you considered one of the HK33 clones? Apparently PTR is rebuilding the Century kits and will be blowing those out soon. That could be worth looking into if you're into rollerlockgats.

Those could be cool, but maybe later. If I'm getting into rolly boys, it'd have to be an MP5 first, then an HK91/G3 of some kind.

Attached: nimrod.jpg (866x650, 101K)

I see. I'm only experienced with the 7.62 and 5.56 rifles, not the MP5 clones so I can't help you with that. Hopefully another user chimes in.

anyone who thinks 3500 is expensive doesn't put an elcan on that expensive gun, doesn't have all these other expensive guns, and doesn't have a ptr.

Says who? $3500 for a .308 is approaching .50 territory for just a .308. Also, nothing wrong with a PTR over a used shot out 30 year old 91 for half the price.

Where do you get a new SCAR 17 for $2900 these days? I don’t want some mouthbreather’s fucked up discarded trash.

brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/scar-17s-16in-7-62-x-51mm-fde-20-1rd-prod90056.aspx

Out of stock, but $2900 is still too high to buy one. $2700 or lower new is what the others waited for.

Or you can tell some shmuck to buy it, hope he gets bored after 100 rounds and sells it for hundreds less because it's "used".

lol why do you need money to get a scar? just cut urself and use insurance, fag.

or are you noinsurance fag?

>then just post pictures of it on Jow Forums to torment the poorfags.
you have a destiny
the prophecy must be fullfilled

*still not worth $3500. fuck that

no

Attached: yotsubasas.jpg (780x475, 84K)