The Deadliest Round

People on this board like to discuss which round is best, which round has more stopping power etc... but what of that deadliest of rounds, man?

What's the maximum velocity you can propel a man out of a cannon before you get total body disruption and the man cannon turns into a skeleton sprayer? What are the best means of propelling them thus?

Attached: human cannonball.jpg (696x522, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R3FDLiWMUTc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think you need to solve the G force from the acceleration first, then worry about maximizing velocity.
I think it should be smooth bore. They need to wear scuba flippers for stabilization. Spin stabilization would just be unpleasant. Speeds of 250,000 rpms’s are not uncommon for bullets.
How long is you man cannon barrel?

Well if we're talking home defense you need it to fit in a hallway, so 3 meters or so? Might need a sabot to fit the man into, then the pressure & heat behind it can be higher.

Legit question: would a man-cannon be legal under ATF rules? It fires bullets larger than .5 rounds.

Would the ATF even have jurisdiction over a man-cannon? Would it fall under that of the Department of Transportation?

I feel like we're looking way too far into this and I love it.

It’s legal no matter what size as long as it’s
A) muzzle loading
B) black powder
See bowling ball cannons

The smoke you see out of those canons are all special effects. They don't use powder. It's a giant spring mechanism. It makes you think they're being fired by a powder ignition, when in reality that couldn't work because you'd never get a good enough gas seal and even if you could, it would incinerate the person inside to dust and it would turn into an instant cremation oven.

Ahh...940mmx1070mm Midget. White tips for ensuring you dont overpenetrait in a home invasion scenario.

Thankfully we are launching head first and don’t have to worry about brain aneurysms, but they might black out.
We probably need to rig up a mechanism that injects a fukheug amount of something like epinephrine just before firing.
The John Stapp withstood 42.6 g’s achieving a velocity 926FPS, but I think that was from head-on, not standing upright, but still, maybe we can use those numbers
Plus if we stay subsonic, we could bore out a fuel tanker trailer to make a suppressor. It already has internal baffles and everything

underrated

>ywn arrive at work via man cannon

You don't need a license to drive on private property, I imagine the same would be true of flight below some height threshold.

Unexpected kek

>because you'd never get a good enough gas seal

Actually if you encased the person inside some sort of jacket it'd be very easy, though you're approaching more of a coffin-launcher than a man-cannon at that point.

This thread is going places.

Attached: 2A01FC78-D711-4520-A435-732DA96223DF.jpg (485x768, 188K)

Could you use two midgets in an overcoat as a form of duplex ammunition?

Someone send the ATF the question and see if we can get them to comment on it

Specifically inquire about home defense use

>speeds of 250,000 rpms

Since humans can withstand about 9g without blacking out, you could build a really long gun and only accelerate the ham at 9g, theoretically you could launch a ham at light speed without desintigrating them, just need a long enough gun, and maybe infinite energy.

I know ultralights don't require a license(here at least) and I'm pretty sure experimental aircraft go by similar rules as long as you don't have more than 2 "pilots"

And?
>Bullet RPM = MV X 720/Twist Rate (in inches)
Let’s say you have a 1:8 AR shooting a bullet at 2800FPS
That’s 252,000 RPM’s.
We cannot spin our man-jectile that fast. It would be quite painful.
Retard

The 9g figure is sustained. The human body can withstand much higher for super short bursts. Negative g’s are the problem because they pop blood vessels inna brain. We should be able to launch him around 50 g’s, but we need some type of a support structure to keep him from collapsing like an accordion and turning into a jellyfish

Guys guys for home defense you want penertration hence picklehelm

Attached: a-german-spiked-helmet-known-as-a-pickelhelm-dating-from-the-great-B302DT.jpg (866x1390, 173K)

Human sabot?

So like a marshmallow man costume kinda deal? Just material to absorb the impact?

Attached: 10171880_383911675085403_1165053983846389252_n.jpg (233x225, 9K)

Maybe if it was puffy under his feet like a shotgun wad to buffer some of the hard acceleration.
He could keister a road flare for tracer mode

5.45x39
it bounces inside m8

Did you even read it

Attached: 1533062328980.jpg (780x1040, 347K)

All coffins are technically a sabot if the barrel is shaped right.

You’re literally retarded. A 1:8 twist rate means the bullet is rotating 1 revolution every 8 inches. Or in other words, it’ll go through 2 whole rotations out of a 16 inch barrel. I aint no scientologist but im sure 2=\=250000

Attached: 0019B6CB-48CA-4B36-87CE-51FE411B518B.jpg (694x416, 80K)

yeah but the barrel in this case is meters long, so 1:8 works out to about 14 revolutions for a 3 meter barrel.

Bro, let's say you have a 1:12 barrel for math. That's one twist every foot. A .223 round we'll say goes 3000 fps. Again, for math. That means the bullet spins 3000 times a second. 3000x60=180,000

You guys have the orientation all wrong. To make amMANition (HAHA get it?), you need to get to him to put on a wingsuit then have him lay down on a discarding cylinder in a really long tube then strap his ass in. The cylinder will keep hhm from falling out and provide a nice gas seal for your propellant. Straps are built so they fall off as the cylinder hits the end of the barrel. Practice Pointer: When the people find out they're about to be blown out of a goddamned cannon, most are hesitant to let you strap them in, but it can usually be accomplished by promising them college funding/credit.

Then, while he's strapped on to the sabot, get face to face with him and whisper softly that his country is forever in his debt. Then, still keeping eye contact, strap a high explosive payload to his head.

If he freaks out, he's a communist and a traitor that deserves to die, so he's good ammo. Unfortunately can only be used for short range stuff.

If he gets all excited and/or says something about a tree of freedom, he's primo ammo. Give that motherfucker two Glock 20s, light up the cannon, and watch that SOB float over the field waxing sandniggers left and right. Then, when the mags are spent and he reaches the objective, you swear as you watch him losing altitude that you can hear a feint "SHALL... Not... be..." on the wind before BOOM you see two city blocks get incinerated. A true hero.

At work, but I drew a diagram in my notepad to help you guys with your designs

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-01-17-10-03.png (1080x1920, 487K)

It would have to somehow open and release the projectile after leaving the barrel

>amMANition
I lul’d

Attached: 29972BBD-8399-4A76-A899-45F0E62F187A.gif (248x189, 1.46M)

Make a water coffin that's held closed by the barrel. Guy gets in coffin, water fills it up, he holds his breath until he's completely submerged, then the cannon is fired as soon as the coffin is full of water.

With a bit of training, you can hold your breath for three to four minutes, plenty of time to fill from the neck up and fire.

The water coffin will allow someone to easily survive 50+ Gs for a short period, and it'll open when exiting the barrel.

I think the guy would need a parachute to survive the landing.

Attached: CC395C31-65E1-480B-8DE4-E6A5A1DEB86C.jpg (250x250, 55K)

>parachute
>survive
We aren’t sweating the small stuff, bud.

Are ODST drops just weaponised man cannons? It seems to me that the drop pods are essentially just fin/rocket stabilised discarding sabots

Attached: images(17).jpg (833x368, 44K)

>weaponized man cannon
>implying man cannon in normally a non-weapon

What can be repurposed to create a bayonet?
Wind turbine blade maybe?

Attached: 566182F5-7B8E-44C8-9F9C-1966DDA86F12.png (572x343, 275K)

Normally it's just an advanced form of transport, you don't generally see circuses arming their clowns before they fire them.
Perhaps they would start drawing bigger crowds if they did?

This is a suppressed home-defense mancannon with a fukhueg bayonet

I don't see why we should limit ourselves, this is a weapons system with incredible potential

Can we use a Ferris wheel and make it like a puckle gun?

You've got to get various sized Ferris wheels and lay them on top of eachother with cannons in place of the baskets

I believe that would fall under the department of Human Resources.

I'm remembering how the chinese and british used to strap people to the front of a cannon and fire through them for certain public executions.

For a Jow Forumsube fearing nation, this is the next step, felonious ammory. So a bullet jacket large enough to fit a man inside, place felon/volunteer/Pensioner/corpse inside within a tight bungie harness that keeps them suspended dead center in the jacket, fill the inside of the metal jacket with water, pour powder down the barrel, wadd, man-bullet, aim, ignite.

Bullet hits target, outerjacket disintegrates, surface of target disintegrates, high velocity high pressure water explodes everywhere like a water jet used to blast meat off a frozen cow carcass, followed a fraction of a second later by a body compressing, penetrating, overpentrating, then exploding with bones and teeth out the back of the target like an ossary pinata.

I'm not really seeing the advantages of such a system over a conventional shell, I maintain that firing live and armed men in such a fashion is the best method, as the shells initial destructive capability is then augmented by the deployment of an armed soldier immediately post impact

PSYOPS, you really wanna fuck with the nation launching Man shells?

Over stabilization is a legitimate problem with bullets. You can literally spin bullets so fast they rip apart from the g forces of the spin. You can only have so aggressive of rifling before the RPM gets so high the round is torn apart from the spin.

Skip to 1:50 in this video. It is Ean from Forgotten Weapons talking to a guy from the Faxon barrel company. They talk about bullets hitting over 200,000 RPM and actually being ripped apart by the g forces if spun too fast.

1:50
youtube.com/watch?v=R3FDLiWMUTc

Literally every sabot ever.

Biological warfare as well, now that you mention it. We can infect the ammunition with smallpox or turbo AIDS (or both) before we fire them

Just sit up.
Opens the coffin and you get to look like a dracula.

so what's the minimum spin rate to gain enough gyroscopic stabilisation that you stop the poor bullet from flipping end over end and breaking it's neck?