I need an air rifle powerful enough to kill squirrels. Any recs...

I need an air rifle powerful enough to kill squirrels. Any recs? My wife is probably going to poison them at this rate otherwise.

Attached: 20180803_091154.jpg (3647x2571, 2.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

airgundepot.com/basic-airgun-hunting-guidelines-article.html
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/ancient-cats-drove-ancient-dogs-extinction-over-food-180956663/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pls. I don't want to buy a shitty one at wal-mart that's just going to wound them and I don't really want squirrels dying of nerve agents on my front lawn and in the road either.

Attached: 163a52a6a59dc8817346d7c50cf72510c306a471cb2c536f3564997eac0cd534.png (615x840, 262K)

I imagine something with high feet per second muzzle velocity and a pellet as apposed to a metal bb. Co2 rifles perform well too

what's considered "high"? I would ideally like to be able to go out and buy this today and not have to shop on amazon this is war. As you can see the cayenne pepper did nothing and I suspect only pissed them off.

Quick google will give you this:
airgundepot.com/basic-airgun-hunting-guidelines-article.html

By basic math you'd need a ~14gr pellet at 500 or more FPS to kill a squirrel. That's pretty low, you can definitely find more powerful ones for under 200 at a sporting goods store.

Are they grey squirrels?

Nah brah, this looks like the perfect job for an FAL.

Attached: 1c0841c7f298c87edc25fbcf44033ccewarhorsesangola.jpg (258x600, 41K)

12 gauge slugs will do the job.

They are grey squirrels and they are vindictive little bastards. I can see a sun flower in a tree half eaten and I think when the pepper started to burn he destroyed the rest of the garden. The little faggot also attacked the window this morning loud enough to wake me up when my wife stood behind the cats peering out at the squirrel stealing the suet for birds.
Thanks user I'm probably going to be taking care of this today. My friend is telling me he thinks there are probably a lot of the fuckers to the point this isn't going to protect the garden but they have already destroyed it so I'll crucify one of the bastards as an omen if I have to now.

Attached: 511EGE76GNL._SY445_.jpg (313x445, 47K)

That advice the other user gave you was too general. First of all, you need to decide if you want to hunt the squirrel with a .22 or .177. If you use a .177, you need to shoot its brain. The .177 is a very accurate round, so this is not only doable, but the usual method of hunting these pests in Britain.
If you use a .22, go for a lung shot. Be prepared, though. These squirrels are tough.
Now that you've decided what caliber, it's time to find a proper air gun. It need to have a muzzle energy of at least 12fpe. A break barrel/lever will do.
Next thing is to practice if you have little experience so that you can take shots suited for your caliber of choice. 14gr for .22 as the other user said is excellent, while something like 8gr is good for .177.
Buy some air rifle like the Ruger Silenthawk or Benjamin titan at Walmart. I'm not familiar with them, but they'll do.
Of course, what the other user said is correct. You can take squirrels with weaker and cheaper air rifles, but it's not recommended. Then again, what is recommended might be a little too on the safe side at times.

Attached: AirRIfle.jpg (1280x720, 233K)

I'm was in a similar situation as you op. They were munching on my tomatoes and digging up everything. Just grab a .177 crossman or whatever is cheap at Walmart.
I don't know if you've hunted before but shot placement is key; catch them right behind the front shoulders in the lungs/heart and they will be too injured to run up trees. It should be a mortal wound but finish them off quickly as to not be a shitty person.
You don't even need fancy pellets just copper bbs will do it.

The one squirrel is now openly fucking with the cats and this son of a bitch is enormous! I'm going to shoot him today Jow Forums and I'm going to fucking eat him too. He's trying to get in my window! I will have a timestamp by this evening.

Attached: download (2).jpg (194x259, 7K)

Don't take any shit from nature.

>I planted squirrel food outside
>now squirrels are attacking my squirrel bait

Stop being a nigger. go buy some fucking squirrel feed and put it in a feeder ear a tree. they will stop going for the hard to get ones and only eat the free meal.

A 10/22

Counterpoint: Lure the squirrels with the vegetables and use their meat to supplement the garden.

>having an outdoor cat
You deserve to be shot yourself. Your pet invasive species not even going after the tree rat is just icing on the cake.

You seem 14.

Then scalp them and put their heads on little pikes as a warning to the other pests.

eat what you kill.

buy a .22 with subsonic rounds and a suppressor. go outside and hit a piece of metal or wood with a hammer as loud as possible to make it look like you're working on something, then knock one or two down in the meantime so the neighbors think you just hit something strange.

trust me, it works, even in dense cities. People are stupid as fuck, just make sure you hit what you're aiming at and dont kill a 3 year old

countercounterpoint. Plant only meat eating plants and watch nature work everything out

I don't have outdoor cats. There is a bush right outside a window we put out bird suet in "for the cats" and now the squirrels are wrecking out shit.
you seem like a faggot who doesn't have a lawn to mow.
I have a 10/22 and a marlin 75c but I can't dischage powder cartridges this close to the road/houses otherwise I probably would shoot slugs at them as user suggested

Attached: 1528836608043.png (380x349, 70K)

my wife said I can't crucify the squirrel in the garden because if someone reports us to the DEC it will be a huge fine.

Attached: 1528917098672.jpg (556x418, 31K)

>Caring what other people thing about your property
>Them having control over what you can do to your own property

Boy, I think thats one of the definitions of cuck.

>dude just get fucked by the woods police
I don't give a shit what my neighbors think and my wife's only objection is the fine which is true. The DEC don't even need a warrant to fuck your shit up.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 42K)

OP a daisy powerline 880 is more than enough for a squirrel. If you want a nice one anyway get a Benjamin or umarex.

Fuck squirrels they're just tree rats

Beeman Wolverine .177, I killed a rabbit from 10 feet away. I could never hit a squirrel with it though.

14gr at 500fps gives 7.77fpe (foot/pounds of energy), which is probably good enough with accurate placement between the eye and ear (from the side) and slightly low (about 0.5cm below a direct line, close to the diameter of a .22" pellet), out to about 15 metres. I'd recommend learning not to freak them out and getting closer than that if you're not a shooter. It's easy to miss the kill zone even at 5 metres if they're too twitchy or if you are. I use a little PCP in .177" with muzzle energy of 6.5fpe, with match grade wadcutters, and I know that airgun is consistent within less than 1/2 of a pellet diameter out to 15 metres, so it comes down to perfect aim on my part. Haven't had a grey squirrel survive a first shot in a couple of years. But it did take a bit of a learning curve to learn not to go for heart shots, and to avoid some front-on shots - now I only shoot them in the face if they're below my balcony and I can put one right down the base of the brain, as at such low power the skull will ricochet the pellet at flatter angles.

Anyway, what you want is precision over power. Power's only useful if it hits where you point it. Walmart shit is mostly springers and nitro pistons, and those are the hardest air rifles to shoot accurately due to the weird reverse recoil. You want a PCP, seriously. So that involves a pump or a scuba bottle to fill it. The Gamo Urban seems to have some popularity among new shooters, giving decent enough accuracy for yard work. Using a decent pellet will help accuracy too. Crosman ammo is crap. JSB is great. Or H&N, or most RWS (but not the silly pointed ones, they suck).

I got a Remington Express Hunter in .22 at 950FPS. I'm not heading immediately to kill the squirrel but The Day Of The Flower is nigh

Buy a seneca dragon claw, it will just about remove squirrel.

€1700

Attached: IMG_20180803_193746.png (1080x808, 1.49M)

Air arms or raw are excellent brands.

Lol I wish. That would be fun if you could justify the expense

Yo lil Donnie

The rifle is bought but I fucked around sighting in the "iron" sights like a retard before I slapped the scope on it and I haven't seen any squirrels since returning home anyway. Tomorrow will be the day of blood.

So which rifle is bought? If it's a springer, it'll be quieter than a PCP by definition, but also a bit too loud to keep squirrels from getting nervous. A suppressor on a springer is mostly pointless. Good luck user.

Get a 110 Conibear trap and try a tree set (I guess it'd be a post set in your case).

Attached: tree set.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

>using airguns
>needing a brain shot on a fucking squirrel

you guys need some freedom. the freedom to hit a squirrel at 350 yards with a 75gr VMAX going stupid fast.

Attached: 9595597.jpg (640x534, 217K)

OP, if your wife is going to poison them at rate, DO NOT get methomyl and mix it with soda and leave it out. Doing this, while highly effective, is ILLEGAL.

Attached: methomyl.jpg (1024x1024, 163K)

Remingshit hunter express nitro mag gas piston, .22cal 950fps.
This will work for a lung shot too, also if I lived in a more remote area I would blast the little bastards proper I have other guns.

Buy .177 pellets, learn about greasing them for moar powa. Easy and done.

Attached: Gamo plinky.png (998x391, 335K)

>caring about the destruction of rodents and doves
Vae victis.

Cats are the master race.

They really are. Cats, rats and tree rats are all pretty master race tier organisms. Rats are vermin to us now but our ancestors were once ratlike as well. Cats are probably the apex life form after humans now that we have seeded them everywhere though. They will plague the planet long after we are gone if you follow the "humans are on the path of self destruction" line of thinking.

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/ancient-cats-drove-ancient-dogs-extinction-over-food-180956663/

>I don't have an outdoor cat; I feed ferals!
that's even worse, what kind of fag are you
>have a 10/22 but too cucked to use it
oh, that kind.

Man up, get some CB caps, and start headshotting squirrels and feral cats alike.

the cats live inside my house and I live within 500 feet of other houses and the roads you dumbass. Otherwise I would shoot the squirrels with slugs like I have already said in this thread.

Attached: download (3).jpg (288x175, 5K)

For that matter even if I did live a bit further away from my neighbors I still would want to shoot them with an air rifle because they aren't technically in season until September 1. This is also why I cannot crucify one in the garden because I'm not supposed to kill them for a month but this means war.

>cats live inside the house
>put suet outside to attract prey for them
Your cats are secretly planning your demise, you fucking tease.