/MSG/ Military Surplus General

Boomers gonna Boom edition.

Attached: This Dude.png (1195x833, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/781393595
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Picking the rifle up in person isn't really abnormal. I've done it once, and had someone meet me in a parking lot once.
Negotiating a better price for a potentially overpriced auction isn't absurd either. I'm not sure if you know the definition of boomer or you're just stuck in the millennial mentality.

My 1917 longsword is arriving today for my Winchester 1897 Trench rebuild.
I might have a lead on an original trench stock with the sling loop for cheap, problem is that it is in bongland.

Attached: 20180729_214744.jpg (4032x2268, 3.07M)

I am the one in yellow user, or do you not know how emails work?

No one gave a fuck when you posted this last thread. Why bother with it again?

So i posted last week about a Long Branch Enfield a guy was selling for 500$. He wasnt in state at the time and i asked if the serials were matching.

He got back to me today, and the receiver and bolts do not match. Is it still worth 500? Should i go lower like 400?

Pic related is the gun.

Attached: IMG_1934.jpg (2016x1512, 1.73M)

I'd haggle. I personally wouldn't pay that much for a non-matching gun.

That's how I'm feeling. I think I'm going to be a little more patient in looking for an enfield.

400$ still seems too much for a non matching Enfield.

Because you were too much of a lazy faggot to make a new bread.

Keep in mind that the Royal arsenals gave zero fucks about keeping weapons properly serialized, esp if it was one of the No. 4s that they kept into the 70s (in reserve at best) Of course all matching will command a premium, but 400-450 for one in very good to Fuck yeah condition is fair market value.

>tfw got all matching SMLE MkIII* for 425.00 in excellent condition.

feels good my dudes

Attached: 1492618933199.jpg (818x985, 90K)

I have no idea what this is supposed to prove, other than that op is still, and always, a faggot.

>Ask guy on GB about the price since the rifle is lacking a bolt

>Also ask since I live near him can I pick it up from him in person

>Boomer man replies back with "It's gonna sell, look at all these people who have it on their watch lists, also just find the box up mauser bolts at a gun show which has not been a thing since the early 1980's"

So in the end, Boomers gonna Boom.

>up

of*

>Being surprised by this
>Thinking anyone cares
OP is setting world records in the field of faggotry.

Tell me about that J-Frame you have been trying to sell for 9 years with some nice patina you picked up right after 'Nam. Don't worry, someone will see the value in knowing what you got one day.

Attached: P64 No1.jpg (3741x2429, 3.5M)

A guy didn't want to sell you something at a price you can afford so you decided to come whine about it on 4chins? Typical millenial faggotry, then.

Don't be such a faggot, the seller is right here and is basically telling your teenybopper ass to pound sand, in as cool and collected a way as possible.

I'm sorry you like to buy K98K's a $100 over market value that has been commercially reworked and missing a bolt.

Slow night.

Attached: Star Super.jpg (1969x1305, 1.09M)

How do I inspect the bore of an SKS at a gun show? I'm a noob so I don't know how to approach it without coming off as retarded.

Attached: image.jpg (640x802, 54K)

cheap bore light, look down muzzle.

It's that simple? I just figured putting a gun up to my head is kind of silly...
Thanks for the help

Attached: image.jpg (567x542, 86K)

Looking for affordable ww1 options. What’s the best quality other than a g98?

Fuck them who fucking cares do what you gotta do.

>affordable
>WW1

Probably Berthiers or M95 Man Lickers are your only real option. You might get SMLEs from WW1 for a reasonable price, but you'll have to look pretty hard.

M1917s are on my grocery list. Lowest reasonable price?

If you check the chamber manually and visually first before looking down the muzzle it's fine.

SMLE.

Attached: Gew98_SMLE_6-10-2017_D.jpg (960x1280, 1.33M)

600 if you're lucky? Most of them got chopped up by bubba.

Attached: USA - 1917 Enfield.jpg (3599x759, 1.7M)

Whats a good price for a functional K6-3/Altyn?

1903 or Lee Enfield for range shooting? Lower price is preferred

Enfield.

Attached: BSA_SMLE_range_09-11-2017_A_1600.jpg (1600x900, 992K)

If you don't have a bore light then a piece of white paper on the bolt face of the open bolt is a ad-hoc way to lighten up the bore in a pinch.

>I just figured putting a gun up to my head is kind of silly...
It's not if your buying a non-new firearm. Not inspecting it would be sillier and you'll just be fucking yourself. With the bolt open and visually inspected for "loaded" it's perfectly fine to stick your eye up there. Unless your dealing with a "I know what I got, no low ball, if you have to ask you can't afford it" fudd-zilla dealers in milsurp know bore condition is something the buying public wants to inspect. My area has dealers at gun shows that specialize in surp. Half of them have a bore light in their pocket for you to borrow, or will support the rifle while holding a white paper in the chamber so you can inspect it.

Attached: SKS.jpg (2525x675, 603K)

Best place to find mas 36s in US?

Gunbroker.

A man named Francois in northern Vermont.

now you need a p17, 1911, and 1907 revolver to round out the collection and youll be A+. maybe a m1919 and m2 browning at some point if you get the money. and a bazooka. you need a bazooka

For lowest cost for best quality off the top of my head is a SMLE mkIII (later renamed No. 1 mk III) can be found for low cost on occasion. I picked up a 1917 made one all matching except nose for $450 on 27APR18.

You probably need to look around. $600 is the floor price for M1917's. I got mine for $600 in 2016, it was a consignment gun at a local gun store.

I'm out of personal experience but M95's recycled serial numbers so are hard to date. There are Italian rifles that many consider crap so can be found for decent price. Berthiers are of the time but as I understand were territorial troop rifles. If you can find one, Imperial non-commi nugget. To most uninitiated a nugget is a nugget and even under current prices they go for around $300 if they don't know what they have. Plus Europe was aflame with war and I haven't studied what every country used at the time.

Attached: No1 MkIII.jpg (1363x1573, 816K)

Different user
>m1919
If your sitting on a transferable RRSP I'm willing to start negotiations.
>and a bazooka. you need a bazooka
I want one and there are DIY kits, but its basically LARP'er shit. Gib me the real deal. I want to be "the rocket man".

Attached: m1919 parts.jpg (2403x1187, 750K)

$350 would be my personal limit but they are pretty available here in california

when i hold a nikonov in my hands i get feels i dont understand ehhh err ehh err ehh err

>m1919

nope dont have one but i would larp with that thing so hard while watching kellys heroes

I actually really want to get one of those semi-auto 1919A4's that are built on Israeli kits and chambered in 7.62 Nato.
You can buy crankfire kits for them that seem like they would be fun as fuck to use.
I did just spend a lot on a pre-ban Steyr AUG though, so it may be a while until I even consider looking at 1919A4's again.

gunbroker.com/item/781393595

>m39 built on a 1895 receiver
>clearly marked 1944
Am I just tarded? also
>marking out the last digit of the serial number like someones going to track it down and steal it

You are. That's the barrel date, the 27th picture is the receiver date. They put the receiver date on the underside of the tang.

Why does every 91/30 on gunbroker sell for $300+? Is that really their market value or are they just all retarded? Also, are there any sellers on GB that i should avoid?

sounds like you are actually in the market for an AR

It's marked 1941; the "1" and the "4" SAKO used in their date rollmark are notoriously similar.

Not technically milsurp, but I love her anyways.

Attached: 20180804_131107.jpg (1887x2080, 2.69M)

Sometimes there’s some decent priced ones for sale on gunboards. A guy on AKfiles used to have laminates still in the cosmo, but I don’t think he’s posted in many months.

Attached: AE718704-3050-4120-9D0B-C21833554413.jpg (2048x1537, 1.06M)

Yeah, nah. I actually like to shoot my guns, so military surplus doesn't really do anything for me. Which is why watching a poorfag try to Jew some hick out of a gun they know they can't afford is so pitifully hilarious to me.

check your gunshops, local gunshop has them for 189.99 with bayo and cleaning kit

faggots ask $300 but they dont sell for that, only to noob buyers who just got done turning 18 and took a 1 hour break from calladooty: ww2gunversion to go buy a mosin without knowing jack shit

>military surplus doesn't really do anything for me.

Then why are you in this thread?

Was thinking of getting an Arisaka, how rare/expensive is Japanese ammo?

Seconded

>To most uninitiated a nugget is a nugget and even under current prices they go for around $300 if they don't know what they have.

I was actually thinking about this recently. I came to the conclusion that now is the perfect time to buy rare and uncommon Mosin variants, because everyone and their brother who bought one when they were in the cosmo, shot it for a few years, and then got bored of it is unloading theirs on the secondary market. As a result, you can't shake a stick without seeing a handful of nuggets in every gun store or pawn shop. As a result, interesting variants ([SA] marked guns, Spanish Civil War 91/30s imported in the '50s, Romanian and Polish postwar rifles, etc.) are all underpriced for what they are as collectibles, because to someone who doesn't care, it's just another used garbage rod.
>pic related, picked up for $200.00 two weeks ago. [SA] marked '37 Tula with a really nice bore.

Attached: IMG_20180723_202200_01_2.jpg (555x416, 98K)

Forgot to quote like a faggot.

Bothest

How much should I pay for a type 38 these days? Can anyone recommend prices for a basic bitch mismatched, ground mum rifle and for a pristine collector's dream rifle?

Attached: IMG_3991.jpg (750x731, 62K)

Anyone have a curio and relic license? How old do you have to be to get one?

First new gun in about a year. Now I finally have two guns that share the same caliber.

Attached: Luger outside.jpg (1440x1080, 800K)

I have one. Pretty sure you have to be 21 because it allows you to get C&R handguns directly to your door (unless your state doesn't allow that, like CA).

id really like a luger but for some reason my autism doesnt allow me to buy one that doesnt match and those cost a fortune

guess I'll have to wait a little while then

I know the struggle. Mine is all matching except for the sear bar and I had to really convince myself to save a few hundred bucks for a couple of numbers. Still, for a 102-year-old gun, one mismatched part is not a big deal.

Attached: Vis 35.jpg (1440x1080, 769K)

magazine matches?

Attached: p38.png (1276x785, 2.4M)

No, it doesn't match. I know that the magazine is technically a matching part, but I tend to think of mags as disposable, so I didn't think of that. A magazine is much more likely to go missing than the toggle, for example.

The mag that came with my Luger is unnumbered and can't hold more than two rounds because of a dent. That doesn't really bother me because I was always going to use aftermarket mags anyway.

Attached: K98k RC Stock 2.jpg (3700x996, 1.87M)

this is Žofka. say something nice about her. if it rotates my photo, I'm sorry, pls no bully.

Attached: 20180804_173934.jpg (4160x2080, 2.5M)

She is very pretty.

Those Levi's?

I can't believe it, I just sold my Finn M91. Now I need another one.

Attached: IMG_20180104_141454.jpg (2553x4119, 3.33M)

>do you not know how emails work?
Do you think that all email clients work the same that your's does?

I guess you are just fucking retarded then.

Why would you do this?

Attached: M91_12-11-2016_A.jpg (960x1280, 592K)

>Be me
>Be want Russian Winchester 95
>See price
>Fugg

Why the fuck winchester 95's so mofuggin expensive? I just wanna neato ww1 levergat.

Because Communism failed.

Attached: M91_9-27-2014_SA.jpg (1024x768, 222K)

Should I focus on collecting 7.62 NATO surp instead of getting a whole bunch of rifles in a slew of calibers?

Attached: 1528525369478.jpg (540x818, 148K)

Do what you like user. Im on the caliber carousel, have like 20+ at this point and im not stopping.

In milsurp collecting ammo is more coincidental than purpose. When you collect the common themes are Nation, Model, War/conflict, year span. Some times you luck out because nations carry over their rounds for years or thru many models.

To me 7.62mm NATO tends to be a bad choice for a theme since many are forced rechambered (like the POS Century arms importer bubba-n-stein in your pic [seriously never ever get one of them]). Also when that round was introduced that was the start of the common issue full-auto which since 68 has been highly difficult and expensive to collect, and post 86 unless you invoke dark magic impossible to collect.

Basing a collection on ammo (especially 7.62mm NATO) in the end is more cheap poorfag than appreciating the weapons themselves. I'm trying to get a well rounded collection of basic issue rifles of the prime powers from ~1860 - ~1955. But I seem to revert back to getting US rifles as they cross my path mor than others.

Attached: US 3.jpg (1920x2576, 1.88M)

>MAB Model D
>All matching
>Cracked grip
>$325 on consignment
Shall I go for it? I have a job lined up hopefully and I'll have money to burn again. That pistol has been sitting in my LGS for months now.

Finding a decent condition SMLE is turning out to be suffering.

Attached: mybabies.jpg (2000x1333, 1.18M)

where the discord at boys

Attached: Gewehr Boomer-8.jpg (640x161, 12K)

>why would you browse a weapons thread on a weapons board as a weapons enthusiast

fucking EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Turk M38 profile.jpg (3000x799, 1.14M)

when the fuck is Starline going to make that 7.65 French brass they promised Ian?

You literally said milsurp does nothing for you, or do you have brain problems and cannot remember things you said?

Attached: 65498716516.png (500x459, 23K)

I shoot my milsurp guns. I'm pretty sure, so do others in this thread. Why would you not? You can own a piece of history that you can use to set off small explosions

>everyone is the same person but you
Nigger that was my first post ITT. Milsurp doesn't do anything for me either doesn't mean I don't want to learn more.

Shooting surp is the best part, knowing that a gun made 120 years ago shoots just as well as it did in 1898 is one of the best feelings ever.

Attached: 1895 Chilean profile.jpg (1997x881, 1.06M)

no

I’d probably trade my matching SMLE for a matching wartime no4 with grooved handguard in really good shape

Attached: F776E2E4-4136-4826-A552-1DD82A62C217.jpg (1536x2048, 1.18M)

I'm accompanying my matching SMLE with a wartime grooved No4 next week - though I'm a deprived Ausfag so I'm paying more than you guys would call sane to do it.

Because demand spiked after games had it and shows like Forgotten Weapons, Inrange and C&Rsenal brought it further to light. Everybody wants the Russian military model now and fudds think the others are worth $2000 because "it's unique," so that makes the Russian models even more expensive because of bleed-over of thinking.

>
eh, offer like $160

Does anyone have experience with black powder (either in a muzzleloader or a breechloader)? I'm interested in purchasing a gun that could use black powder, but I'm concerned about how "corrosive" it is. I keep hearing stories of how it's SUPER corrosive and will near-instantly rust your barrel out unless you use magic mixtures of stuff to clean it out constantly. I have plenty of experience with using surplus ammo that requires a rinse of hot water before cleaning. Is black powder like that?

Hot water is about the best thing you can do for black powder guns. It is an excellent solvent.

Well went to my first swap meet / flea market in decades just now looking for surp, was only about 8 blocks from the house held first Sunday of the month.

>see Mauser barrel poking out of a gun rack
>get closer, theres the bayonet cool
>see the mounted fudd scope, keep walking

And now the point of regret
>first table I look at, Springfield Model 1842, 1848 dated, Harpers Ferry made. Needs a bit of TLC, oil scrubbing, and front sling swivel. $750 price tag.
>first table so I go on to see what else is around quick, come back before I leave
>old guy inspecting the rifle and going into I'll buy it holding pattern, fuck.
The seller asked the guy if he went to the swap meet yesterday in the town 8 miles over. He said "yep, picked up a 6.5 Italian there". With that now that meet over there is on my list for a go.

So if your state hasn't fucked private sales flea markets and swap meets that advertise firearms are at least worth a look.

/blog

Well activated charcoal and corrosive salts have three things in common.

>clings to metal
>absorbs and holds water out of the air promoting rust
>is insolvable in oil

Water wipe/rinse, dry off, re-oil is the goto way to get rid of it.

Attached: M1873 Trapdoor 2.jpg (2483x559, 380K)

>haven't bought 'surp for 6 months

Attached: SwedeM38_07-26-2018_crest.jpg (768x1024, 522K)

>wont have my surp for 6 months.

Attached: Surp Family Rifles.jpg (3000x2000, 3.13M)

Is No1Mk6 guy on?