Can any medieval weapon compete with a glaive 1 on 1?

Can any medieval weapon compete with a glaive 1 on 1?

Attached: 20150924004282.jpg (656x984, 72K)

Anything that lets the opponent get inside your guard, glaives are shit at most things except keeping people away, especially chinkshit ones like that

The mighty sling

A crossbow, you weeb fuck

>glaive
>weeb
huh

Pole arm weapons are only useful at a distance. If you can break the distance and get in close they’re pretty fucked. You could do it with a sword/axe/mace and shield combo. But it would be extremely hard to do it without a shield of some sort.

A crossbow

Pottery filled with Greek fire.

You fire a bolt, I split it in two with a single swipe. Your move, peasant

>Pole arm weapons are only useful at a distance
You can choke up on a polearm to use a close range.

Obviously not as effective as at long range, but still a viable option and not useless.

Attached: Quotcontextquotmatteaston_1a59fe6685d9d65ed56e64ccf0df4c7b.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

>indy_has_a_headache.gif

hollywood-bred jew-brainwashed retards, everyone.

Guan Yu, why are you acting this way?

Halberd

To be fair, Japs did adopt Chinese polearms.

The Bisento for example.

Attached: Yanyue Dao 2.jpg (550x209, 14K)

a spear beats a glaive both one on one and in formations

>medieval weapon
Yes? The gun you fucking moron.

>thinking the handgonne wasn't a medieval weapon
As long as the classic pop culture image of a knight existed, peasants were shooting at them with firearms of increasing complexity.

Scutum & Gladius.

What word should I use if medieval is wrong?

Medieval is right, it's just that the gun itself is a medieval weapon. The first cannon was 1204

No, I'm saying there were guns in the medieval age. Why would you charge a crazed Mr. Kwong swinging around a stabby thing when you could just shoot him?

So we have this guy, pretty close to what people think of when they hear knight. He's form the mid 13th century. The first handheld guns meanwhile are from maybe the 1330s or 1340s. Though as Europe has no saltpetre deposits to mine and they hadn't figured out the nitre bed yet back then, the only source that really mattered at the time was to import it from India, with a predictable impact on the price and availability of black powder. Nitre bed production didn't take off until the end of the 14th century, and so it is in the early 15th century that hand-held firearms start being a thing in general, and an option at all for the common man. But thanks to the time travel machine known as "I'm really smart I know guns are the best I could totally just shoot all those knights" the fact remains that knights have always been gunned down by peasants. How this didn't end up changing society? Fuck knows, we're not supposed to think about this any further than the knight getting shot.

Attached: 4567.jpg (500x691, 65K)

This

Is a confined space a medieval weapon?

I'd say yes, given that things like staircases in castles were designed with defence in mind.

An experienced spearman can shift his stance back in less than a second. It is virtually impossible to close in on one without getting hit.

Polehammers or poleaxes are the ultimate melee weapons, prove me wrong

Attached: pole232a_s.jpg (390x185, 7K)

When I think "knight" I think 15th century or 16th century.

If I had to be on a medieval battlefield, the pollaxe would be my first choice.

glaives are european too you dumb motherfucker, if he were a weeb this thread would be about naginatas

Billhooks are the tits for fighting in ranks, downward swing, pull with the hook, stab, and back-stroke, nobody sees the fucking back stroke with the hook

The plague.

Attached: babysharks-minority-report-oxford-dangerous-sports-club-catapult.jpg (1238x1904, 114K)

Doesn't even need to be choked, against a glaive, you take a strike to the knee with the spiked butt half a tempo after having (luckily) blocked a downward strike.
A glaive can attack and follow in so many ways it's not even funny...

Attached: 95B0ACC3-C786-4C40-A258-04BB8AF76BC8.jpg (750x873, 484K)