Is there a way I can achieve S.T.A.L.K.E.R ascetics while still having functional useful gear?

Is there a way I can achieve S.T.A.L.K.E.R ascetics while still having functional useful gear?

Attached: 69kne974ii501.jpg (3072x2048, 806K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M17_gas_mask
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are the stalker aesthetics? If you just mean baggy with a hood and blue tape on everything, then sure whatever. If you specifically mean a gorka with a soft armor vest that only covers the top half of the ribcage and has no pouches, then no that's dumb as fuck and clumsy.

I guess I'm saying what's a functional gas mask that also looks really cool

I've been looking at the israeli m15. If it's good enough for kikes, it's probably alright. Looks a lot like the one in your image

S10 and M17 gas masks will look stalkerish, work and, not kill you. I don't know what Russian mask can deliver on all those three things.

I guess i could have posted a pic

Attached: DSCN99693.jpg (385x700, 29K)

Get any Soviet mask of your choosing that fits and then buy a chink normalized thread hose.

yes, just use surplus soviet gear and comfy 70's balkan civilian attire

Attached: 1532640684730.png (973x725, 514K)

Smersh is a good start.
surplus gear, flak/plate armor.
you wont be le high speed low drag but if you're using what you carry on you then who cares?

>bright blue tape
Why?

It's a Soviet/Russian thing. I heard somewhere that special forces guys or something would mark their gear with blue tape.

That leather jacket doesn't match at all

It's more that it is a recurring feature on the original game concept art.

the zone doesn't care what you wear faggot
(but it is biased toward Adidas)

Attached: 1528331456219.jpg (600x1048, 105K)

Electrical tape is color coded in some parts of the world like Russia, blue tape for them is the standard low voltage tape, as black is for us.
Basically the normal color for electrical tape in Russia is blue.

it's honestly impressive how loyal they are to Addidas

M17 filters will give you chromium poisoning. They're all expired as fuck.

Noses so big they need there own respirator.

Well crap. Looks like Wikipedia has some updating to do then.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M17_gas_mask

the extent to which a tool is functional completely depends on how knowledgeable you are with it. a gear set like pic would be effective if you practiced with it

To add to this, when Russians were still Soviets blue electrical tape was the only electrical tape they had, you couldn't get it in any other color, blue electrical tape to Russians is like silver duct tape to Americans, it's a classic

>>gas mask
>>?aesthetic
boi o' boi what a time to be alive

Attached: thiskillstheman.jpg (320x341, 27K)

I like how the extra magazine is tucked under that strap and absolutely definitely going to fall out and get lost in the bushes. His mask is also all fogged the fuck up.

I can see the tears of rage and humiliation streaming down this kids face when he gets laser hosed with airsoft bb's because his STALKER costume is prohibitive to functional use.

Attached: 1524436210177.png (878x900, 766K)

Gas masks look dumb. Why would you want to cover up your face if you're not ugly. You aren't ugly, are you OP?

Why do STALKER aesthetics?

>worried about chemical exposure in urban environments?
Put a slicker suit duster over your normal rig, $70. Bandit radio helps
>worried about getting torn up by wild animals?
Coat your stuff in bedliner, helps against punctures, and also the cold wind of winter also just fucking shoot them
>worried about military?
You're probably already dead, user. AP rounds are made to beat hard fucking steel, as well as your kevlar plates
>airsoft?
Okay, dont put a filter on and you're good. If you aren't gonna be exposed to chemicals or radioactive fallout, dont wear a filter.
>Larp? (Jow Forums STALKER Challenge?)
Freedom best faction

Attached: F763829D-3F23-491C-B82E-9239DC15CB23.jpg (640x801, 91K)

>dont put a filter on and you're good
Sounds like you're a quitter. The filter makes it a real workout and adds to aesthetics. Also soviet voice diaphragms are incomprehensible if you have no filter.

m15 is probably one of the best gas masks in the market due to them actually being in a country under the threat of chemical warfare

Cheap too. Im looking at one for $70. Filters are $15. Whats a normal shelf life for filters? I can't really find info on that

>freedumb
I'm no duty shill but "dude weed lmao" the faction is still pretty gay

Attached: 1528874269135.jpg (765x617, 76K)

most of the ebay listings that are advertised as still within the expiration date are like 1 year from going bad anyway, most filters factory new i think have a 10-20 year shelf life

M40 series was developed in the 80s and replaced the M17 by the mid-90s. No new filters were made after about '93 or '94 and have a 10 year shelf life. The last M17s were purged from Guard and Reserve inventories by the late 90s. I have one that was written off from a CA guard unit around late '97, but the filter was from 1985 and expired by then with no replacement. A lot of the masks themselves are still sound, but without a filter, they're little more than a collectors piece at this point. Also the lenses are notorious for yellowing.

I was surprised when I found out how expensive adidas stuff actually is, I thought for sure it'd be poverty-tier thanks to all the slav memes.

Its a meme you dip