For the first time in history, the Philippines Navy fires its first missile system

For the first time in history, the Philippines Navy fires its first missile system.

And... that missile system is the Spike Anti-tank missile. Pretty much an ageing anti-tank rocket placed on small multi-purpose attack crafts.

That's pretty fucking sad. After 120 years of being a navy, after acquiring corvettes and being a country of 7,000 islands. If I was the navy, I wouldn't even want this to be news because other countries would laugh at me in 2018.

Press F to pay respects.

Attached: Flips.png (1220x816, 882K)

Spike missile is good and multi-versatile tho. Good against small craft. Israeli navy patrol boats have used them to blow up pali commando boats in the past

The flips could always build those boats en masse and boat spam to death.

At least they aren’t using mortars/Molotov’s in slings like some African navy’s do

Flip boi here.
When the fuck did we get missiles, let alone old ones?!

Yeah, we also used to have supersonic fighters until they got replaced with FA-50's.
What a shocker!

Philippino here. They really should buy Chinese. A couple of upgraded Silkworms will do wonders, even against mid tier navies like the Americans.

Oh, hold on. Who's got that "One grorious stroke" meme on hand?

Impressive.

With this most recent achievement, fate has in a single stroke, marked the decline of the west and spelled a new era of wondrous prosperity and peaceful global dominance for the Chinese dragon, which promises to firmly stand in sharp contrast to the historically bloody ascent of western powers and the cruel subjugation it brought to the humbler nations of the world. With the blessings of Chinese quantum direct-current electricity, quantum aircraft carriers and quantum enhanced railguns will be the instruments with which China affirms its noble stewardship of 21st century world politics and offers the non-western world a different option; an humanist alternative to the depredations of Western leadership and the opportunity for a more equitable and dignified multilateralism.

Yeah, I gotchu brodie.

Impressive.

With this single achievement the Philippines has displaced China as the pre-eminent naval power of Southeast Asia.

If you've ever been to the Philippines, the fact that they can organize themselves long enough to create a navy that doesn't immediately sink or shoot each other is a mindblower, let alone manufacture a weapon system that isn't cobbled together rubbish and clay.

>t. other island practice country

No filipino spells it like "Philippino".

t.flip

Attached: 1529113114345.jpg (800x513, 70K)

Good job Chang, you had one chance to pretend to be a Filipino and you fucked it in the ass. Your supervisor is gonna be pissed.

It's a Chang.

This may be the only conceivable situation in which a person benefits from being a native Filipino.

Congratulations on not missing it.

Better than the best autocannon OP. I would want this and machine guns over a cannon every time. Even over a heavy naval gun if not doing things like amphibious support, simply because of the final guidance and target aquisition.

I was born for this moment.

I'm emphasising this is the navy's FIRST missile test since missiles have been invented. And missiles are kinda the staple for modern naval combat. Jesus Christ how far are they behind?

Gonna unveil their new catapults soon.

Incorrect. I have been to Pelawen island and I am not wrong because that is what it is spelled as their locality. Pelawan island is very near to our island you see. I am Philippino.

This was their flagship before they got the cutters.

Attached: BRP_Rajah_Humabon_(PF_11).jpg (2520x1800, 719K)

>lamao point

The FA50 is a supersonic light fighter.

Military weaponry isn't something you can cheapen out.

If you want better hardware, cough up the shekels or shut up.

For a country that was invaded and conquered three times you'd think they'd learn a thing or two about defense spending. But no they kicked out the burgers while they didn't have nor have built a real military outside of them.

Their politicians would rather kiss the ass and kowtow immediately at the sight of their imminent conqueror, hoping they'd spare them and their generals would rather pocket millions instead of buying hardware so that they'd have a big stick to wield against other countries.

Progress is progress.

The Philippine Navy is serious on its plans to buy Brahmos missiles and Kilo subs. These will give them some offensive capability against the chinks.

>China
>pre-eminent naval power in SEA

the US Navy is still the dominant naval power, you stupid chinkpanzee

I implessed myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the keyboard
The only thing that's real
The pla it is quantum
The old familiar lie
Try to kill American all away
But I remember everything
What have I become
My sweetest Mao
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you implessed

Attached: 1532641947558.jpg (728x665, 51K)

>US treaty ally
>Kilo subs
(lol

Enjoy sanctions and regime change.

Unless they tested them on potential drug dealers I don't think anyone cares much.

Attached: yeet.png (528x385, 247K)

I was hinting at the F-5As we used to own until 2005.

Yeah, because you guys won't sell us shit.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg (458x550, 26K)

Spike is a good system.

Spike ER range is like 20km.

This is either Chang or you do a really convincing impression of them.

There's something about country's that keep using old ww2 us navy boats that gives me a hard on for democracy.

>70 years of hot racking and cum socks.

>won't sell us shit.
More like your country can't afford shit.

Also, America doesn't sell subs. Germany, Sweden, France and Spain/Italy/Netherlands do.

Someone get this hothead outta here

when will people learn that boat spamming is a terrible idea

Flips are buying these for anti terrorism. Against dinghys ferrying
IS Mudslimes to the southern islands. It's actually not that bad of a deal. They'll probably leave the big boy fights to the big boys.

yeah they should just buy Raytheon™ missiles from us amirite

>2018
>China gobbling up island after island
>still giving a shit about anti-terrorism

>Fighting Chinese superpower with small arms

Why not limit your purchases to what you can control? Americans are willing to die for your democracy anyway, leave the dying to them.

missiles are for cowards. real men use gunnery.

it's palawan you dumb fucking tsekwa

Spike ER is good retard.

The current regime has pretty much alienated America and all of their traditional NATO and non-NATO allies.

Wish i took pride in being this useless

It does not matter what ships or missiles you have, we are allies now.

You are no longer under the yoke of the oppressive Americans.

Welcome to the winner's club Philippines.

Attached: plan.jpg (950x1297, 108K)

Exactly. Why purchase weapons against China when you are already a province of China? Just buy Spike-ER so ISIS cannot bomb the mines where China gets their resources from.

we millennium challenge 2002 now

A FUCKIN RAMP

六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre
反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward
文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution
人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system
民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行
法輪功 Falun Dafa 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗
胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨
獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 肅清 活摘器官
黑社會 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩
台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama
新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 東突厥斯坦

There's a bit of a weird disconnect though. Duterte keeps courting the Chinese and seemed to dislike Obama on a personal level and seems relatively ambivalent about Trump. However the military leaders don't want to make any waves with the US and the general populace still has a real boner for the US in general. It's weird as hell.

It's a lot like the situation in the US where the guy in charge is a moron and everyone else is just trying to minimize the damage.

Beijing funded his candidacy hence all the ass-kissing and concessions.

It has become so obvious that they're scrubbing off elections in favor of a communist-style unitary republic disguised as a federal republic.

The military does not care because if they did he would be in exile now if not captured for trial.

Beijing did not fund his candidacy, it was funded by people who admired his work in Davao. The anti-American sentiment happened after the elections and before he assumed office. An embassy officer, Mr. CIA, apparently debriefed him on America's place in the world order which made him angry and started his public move to affiliate with China.

Nice try Chang

Gago, kung hindi ka Pilipino wag kang makialam sa bansa ng iba. Wala kang niloloko totoy. Alisin mo yang mga NGO mo na walang ginawa kundi magpalawak ng kabaklaan.

Keep seething Chang, your Google Translate Filipino isn't convincing

> Pretty much an ageing anti-tank rocket placed on small multi-purpose attack crafts.

Spike NLOS is anything but aging, its one of the best ATGMs/Multipurpose warhead in the world, 30km indirect range.

It's an excellent counter-small boat missile, which is what they're likely wanting it for.

>implying it isn't a whiteBOI pretending to be chang pretending to be flip who in actuallity was tyron gonzales mowing your backyard
brainlet

jesus wtf is this blogpost

The navy of pretty much every third world country is like this.

Damn, that's a sloppy attempt at flying in formation.

Their navy isn't meant to fight wars, it's meant to enforce EEZs against chink fishing boats.

If a war starts, they would have historically been able to fall back on the fact that they are essentially a US vassal state, but Duarte has possibly fucked that up

They are a third world military on a shoe string budget, but the groups they are fighting are a combination of drug runners, pirates, and Muhammedans so the equipment they are going up against is probably no match for one of these missiles. Not a bad accomplishment, good for Flip navy.

When some country finally tries it and gets absolutely wrecked. Hopefully, in the next decade or so some SEA country attempts it on the Japanese MSDF.

>what a nice day browsing /k
>wait
>what the fuck am i seeing there?
>is that... someone i disagree with?
>...
>HURR U R CHINESE VATNIK IMPRESSIVE TIANANMEN SQUARE QUANTUM VODKA DRUNK UKRAINE

Yeah, hopefully the get him under control before the economy skyrockets any further. It's hell on earth here.

Yes, and Raytheon™ Quick Kill™ APS.

The Phillippine navy is still the best in the region though, second only to the JMSDF and the RAN and ahead of the ROK, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand

No Filipino spells philipino

六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre
反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward
文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution
人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system
民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行
法輪功 Falun Dafa 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗
胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨
獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 肅清 活摘器官
黑社會 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩
台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama
新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 東突厥斯坦

Attached: 1498700565587-1.jpg (2048x1152, 653K)

It's literally all we can afford. There's literally no way we can modernize our armed forces without going 20% of GDP spending a la Soviets and even then most of that money will probably just be pocketed by bureaucrats.

>doesn't spend a trillion dollars a year on maintaining an army to fight Israeli wars
>other countries laughing
Pick one.

Attached: 1533164621812m.jpg (1024x685, 92K)

A spike could do serious damage to most vessels barring the biggest. Put a spike missile into the side of a Destroyed and you will get gulf of Aden tier results

Smart choice.
Forget buying Russian or Chinese.
Everyone should buy J E W I S H
>Their missile doesn't have a goatfucker-seeking mode

>America
Wasn't Duterte trying to buddy it up with Trump?
>NATO allies
I don't remember him doing anything stupid with NATO except maybe his constant tirades against the CHR and EU but that's more on Brussels rather than NATO itself.
>non-NATO allies
I'd say he's actually doing rather fine with all the former SEATO countries and MNNAs

Anti-Arab Ammunition would be the GOAT

Haha, isa rin tong bobo'ng Amerikano, porket hindi na sila kailangan galit na sila.
Haha.

still lmaoing that this shit didn't work and the DoD had to cough up shekels to from Our Greatest Ally.

I read that Chinese ships are docking daily in Duterte's hometown with no advance notice given to the Philippine military

LMAO literal sell-out

Next thing you know the Philippines will be overrun with fifth column Chinamen posing as tourists or some other oddball job

lel @ chink styrofoam ships

I wouldn't mind owning that.
How much is it and is it still running...errr, afloat I mean?

It's a terrible situation.
We haven't invaded another country in a couple of years, we cut off the arms flow to ISIS in Syria, our GDP is above 3%, unemployment is at all time lows for all, lower taxes, and big capital is flowing back into the US.
Sucks senpai.

>implying chinkposters aren't ruining this fucking board
>implying anything riceniggers say can be trusted
>implying slopes have ever been capable of fighting anyone but other slopes, and even then only winning through mass starvation and cannibalism.

Last time I checked they were still floating a U.S. wwii tank landing ship.

Far-far behind. stuck in the "3rd world country in the 60's" tier.

When you are a US protectorate, you don't need to spend a lot of money on defense.

Reminder that the Army could have gotten their heads out of their asses back in 2007 and probably gotten a much better price back when Trophy didn't have "battle tested" marketing. Could have saved a lot of lives and a lot of dollars.

Not him but that's actually legit Flip.

Flip here, we also have 2 frigates coming up but they were nerfed to hell due to corruption in part of the shipbuilders and some defense officials.
Following Philippine defense news consists of getting your hopes up and getting it crushed.

>read
haha, ok.

It's honestly a never-ending cycle cuz defence officials make an announcement then proceed to bitterly disappoint with even more corruption.

they were damaged beyond repair when mount pina"fuck your aircraft"tubo blew up

Why would us Flips bother with equipping our navy to be competent in defence against foreign invasion when we got you americans to do it for us?

Attached: 1533632579033.jpg (720x960, 108K)

This isn't true at all.

US dumps its vassal states all the time, especially third world shitholes with little strategic importance and known leechers.

This is why the Philippines voted in a Manchurian candidate, because they had little to zero confidence that America will come to their aid and Duterte's total capitulation to Beijing is a sign that they would rather be subservient to China than be the US' maligned sidekick.