How do I defend myself if I’m prohibited from purchasing a firearm?

I know I’m not going to pass a background check. I was involuntarily committed for a period exceeding 72 hours three times while I was under 18. How could i defend myself when I’m virtually disarmed by the government?

Attached: 4E9940B3-A674-4B7F-B277-CD1FF4DBD912.jpg (460x460, 22K)

Knife, pepper spray, taser, any large blunt object within arms reach.
Yoh should also.consult a legal professional about getting those expunged. I remember reading somewhere you can get shit done under 18 thrown out or ignored or something

Calling the cops.

How old are you now? Are you on any medication? How long have you been stable?
You might be able to get your record cleared?

A knife requires you getting close to your target plus a knife could easily be maneuvered. A knife requires a lot of strength too. Say you’re gonna stab someone in the heart, firstyou would need a good reach for the sternum right in the middle and you woukd have to force the blade through the sternum and into the heart. But even then it takes time. I remember reading about a police officer who was stabbed 15 times and later died but still had enough time to shoot the suspect after he had been stabbed. Also, you can feel organs in someone’s body when you stab them and that idea freaks me out.

I’m 20 and still am on medication and probably will continue to be for life.

Hey look, op asked for suggestions and i provided some

Ah, sorry man. Best of luck.

I'm 90% sure that an involuntary commitment before the age of 18 doesn't count on the 4473.

Black Powder Revolver

The case worker told me that I would be prohibited. I don’t have a criminal history. There were several murders and robberies in the town that I live in, and I’ve been jumped, robbed and had shit stolen from me before. I’m poor and can’t afford to move to anywhere better.

Get it expunged. TLDR you need a lawyer and a doctor saying you're not a retard anymore.

Unless you're still a retard. Then you're SOL.

I was in a mental hospital 4 times as a minor and they didnt fail me on my 4473. Juvenile medical records are supposed to be sealed, it shouldnt give you a problem.

Just go fill out the 4473, at worst they'll just deny you and you'll have to do the 10 foot walk of shame out the door.

Did you tell them? I thought you would need to lie on a 4473 about that stuff and hope that it doesn’t show up.

This

Black powder revolver. Cabela's will ship it to your front door. No background check needed

Oops didn't read down far enough. What this user said

Isnt that sealed when you turn 18?
I skimmed the thread but didnt see this so disregard if its been asked already.

>being mentally ill

The only reason you need a gun is so you can off yourself and clean up the gene pool.

Attached: E8993A16-F697-4625-89A4-83F48C453F56.jpg (549x936, 205K)

>I’m prohibited from purchasing a firearm?
just use somthing else with more powder

Attached: dindu.png (669x388, 539K)

Your case worker isn't going to tell you that you wont be, dumbass, they don't want you shooting up a school or yourself.

Questions only apply to Adult you.

If it was before you were 18, it doesn't matter

>Not buying a 45 LC conversion cyclinder with it

Was it involuntary commission by a court or "involuntary" by your parents after an anhero attempt? Your parents throwing you in the hole is considered voluntary because you're legally under their guidance and they can make decisions for you. If it was a court, however, you need it expunged. If it's not expunged you're SOL

It was by court.

On this topic, does anybody here have any ideas how I can get my CCL rights back? I live in Tennessee. If you have been admitted, voluntarily or involuntarily, to a drug/alcohol rehab program, your CCL right is forfeited for 10 years from the date you leave.
That's 1 April 2025 for me.
I wasn't and am not psychotic, dangerous, etc. I was just a drinker and had a kid out of wedlock. Mother tried to use it in court to keep kid from me, so I went to a program to show I would do anything. I've got full custody now but no CCL for 7 more years.
I carry a Taser already and am saving up to have both Taser and black powder revolver on me at the same time but I would really like something better.
I'm moving out of state but have 2 years left before I finish my degree, so I want to stay here until that's done.
One of my buddies is a cop. He told me to just lie on the application because "that's HIPAA bro, it's sealed" but I doubt that will be a legitimate excuse if I ever do have to shoot someone. I assume everything would be investigated if I ever shot someone.
Any ideas?

poly80
fuck the state and their definitions

Lawyer up and get the info expunged

Step 1. Physical fitness, this will help with the immediate question, but also help you immensely in general.

Step2. Self discipline. This piggybacks AND reinforces step 1. This means establishing productive habits. Depending on the person ,routines usually take 60 to 90 days to become habit. From personal hygiene to fitness to personal finances to work to learning and even thinking.

Step3 (the big one). Learning a martial art, a trade (even if the trade is just for money), and take up a hobby that you find relaxing and fulfilling. These piggyback AND reinforce both steps 1. and 2. All three so far will help a lot with your mental affliction.

Step 4. You’re on your way to being proficient in self defense and having your life in order, mentally and physically. Spirituality is optional although many find help in it (mainly due to networking even though they’d never admit that). At this point I would assess whether or not you feel as though you have the personal responsibility to own a firearm. Step 4 should take a couple of years to achieve at the minimum. Step 4 shouldn’t be some amorphous ambiguous goal. It should be a hard measurable tangible goal, otherwise you’ll never reach it. It must be hard and personal.

Warnings. Loser women come out of the woodwork when they see a man getting his shit together. They will drag you down. Use only for momentary pleasure and even then at your own risk. In general stay away until your shits together and you’ll have access to much better women.

That’s it I’m done.

Go back to /hm/

your case worker is lying, are you retarded?

Move to a better state?

Get a crossbow or a black powder revolver

Case worker is full o shit. You will prolly pass a background check.

OP, I was involuntarily committed as a teenager, and I was also in Juvie for a nonviolent non drug offense.

Once I turned 18 and didn't so much as jaywalk, I was able to complete a 4473 4, count em IV, Four (4) times.

I own 4 firearms and have my Concealed Handgun License.

Unless you have like, super autism, or attacked someone, you will pass the 4473, and if you don't pass, you won't get arrested.

Attached: no way fag.png (1800x1800, 1.59M)

Black powder revolver?

scare tactics user.
I live in Canada and i did not own a firearm until 3 years ago after my house was broken into by two fellows. It was like 3:00AM and i had just finished putting together a desk/dresser and was trying to go to sleep ,

then i heard my front door open, which is in the next room, i heard someone say something like, dude left his door open. Me being scared shitless did not know if the guy had a weapon or how many people there were. So i decided the best course of action would be to fucking rush them and get the jump on em. I quietly got out of bed and picked up the hammer i had been using earlier to assemble my desk. I then ran out the door in a adrenaline fueled rage and smashed one of the dudes right in the temple. to which he was knocked out (but later was declared brain dead in hospital) and broke my coffee table. to the right of me I notice another person standing by the door in a fighting stance. So i decide to just throw my head back, and start laughing when i stopped laughing i shit you not decided to lick the head of the hammer which had the other guys blood all over it. the man at the doorway then booked it, but was not caught by police.
police took me in because they thought I was fucking crazy after I told them the same story.

Put your kid up for adoption so you don't fuck it up anymore than you already have.

Not him, but somewhat related question. When I was 19 I got in a huge explosive fight with my parents, which escalated to them saying "we'll call the cops if you don't fuck off' and me saying "fuck you, do it." They did it, cops showed up, and oddly enough the lead cop was one who was an acquaintance I'd been on pretty good terms with, and instead of hauling me off to jail on Friday and making me spend all weekend there he 5150'd me to a local psych ward. I was released after two nights there with a mostly clean bill, they said I had some minor depression and that I could go see a shrink if I felt like it.

What does that count as? I never saw a judge or anything, it was just an individual cop who brought me there. It was also almost 13 years ago. (I'm 32 in a few weeks.) I've always been kind of scared to try and buy a gun because I'm afraid I'll get denied and look like an idiot in front of the gun store people.

>I’m 20 and still am on medication and probably will continue to be for life.
You Americans need to knock this shit off

>How do I defend myself
Get a musket and huge bayonet, in case of home invasion give the first guy the hot lead(muskets might be outdated but musket balls are still brutally effective) and the next guy cold steel in the chest

For extra points during charge call out that no quarter will be given to brigands and they'll be skewered

Attached: his-majestys-33rd-regiment-of-foot-fixed-bayonet-charge-1810-B2DX88.jpg (1300x956, 175K)

OP get a gf/roommate who can have a gun

Brutal

I honestly don't think that mentally unsound people should be allowed to purchase firearms, r8.

a 3D printer

Dont be a cuck build a gun