Why is this cartrige so underappreciated?

Why is this cartrige so underappreciated?

>300 ft lbs of energy
>Recoiless in a rifle
>It's accuracy does not suffer as soon as a .22lr because it is still supersonic at a much longer distance

Attached: 3e2353b5891a3790de5cfab9753dea29_2.jpg (420x420, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FUAHEzy8uYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>.22WMR
>WMR
>R
That's why

Makes me really want an SBRed CMR30 to mimic an MP7.

Its not the most reliable round

Because .17HMR is better in every way.

>rimfire has piss-poor ignition reliability compared to centerfire
>costs as much as steel-cased 5.56
>mediocre-at-best accuracy
>still gets absolutely BTFO by any wind

I guess its okay for a swap-barrel gun like Sako Quad or CZ455. Have a barrel in .22lr and another in 22WMR or 17.hmr

I haven't personally had an issue with modern rimfire ammo.

This seems like an antiquated mindset towards rimfire.

>a challenger appears

Attached: hueh.jpg (1155x1155, 116K)

.22hornet is a decent round if it was not so damn expensive

At least in my country they are a 1EuroShekel per boolit

It isn't.

17hmr has less energy

By a measly 70 ft-lb (or less with specialty loads) while being over 1000fps faster at the muzzle, having a higher BC so it retains that velocity better, and actually violently fragmenting on impact while still retaining usable penetration depth.

Kinetic energy is only a very small part of the story and .22wmr sucks so fucking badly at literally every other part of the story that its very minor edge there is meaningless.

>Why is this cartrige so underappreciated?
No subsonic option
pls fuck off nogunz. Just fuck off.
Sure its flat shooting and great for small game but no subsonic and really only a long range rabbit killer

fpbp

70flbs is a lot for such a weak round

because .17 is better.

Yeah this. It would never be useful for anything other than shooting vermin and .17HMR is King Shit for shooting vermin already.

Why can you literally kill an elephant with a 100-120 ft lbs crossbow but you wouldnt dream of using a .22WMR on one?

>costs as much as steel-cased 5.56

/thread

5.56, 5.45, 6.5creed and 9mm is all you can reasonably need as your average gun goober.

You can't really kill an elephant with a crossbow.

But .22wmr could probably kill an elephant with a head shot. Afterall .22lr can kill most animals at a point blank

I woub srsly wuestion that. a good xbow modern broadhead will kill dumbo with a nice heart shot for sure. meanwhile dumbo skulls have stopped/deflected 7.62x39s....

You misspelled WSM

Attached: 17_super_mag_compared (1).jpg (400x286, 25K)

What the hell? I would question .22wmr but 7.62x39 can punch through a decent sized tree

yes it can but it sometimes fails the statment
>.22wmr could probably kill an elephant with a head shot
for me is more a rare best case scenario than something you can reasonably expect with confidence to happen.

>6.5 creed
Why is this myth continued by retards
>.260 rem is superior
>7mm-08 is the king of short action
6.5 cuckmore is 3rd at best.

Poachers kill elephants with .22lr more than any other caliber.

yeah yeah. go away. 6.5Creed is everything 308 wishes it was. lower recoil, flatter trajectory, still massive energy and will kill anything you can hunt in the US gud as well as having the obvious advantage of being better/easier to use to kill 2 legged game.

And 7mm-08 has more velocity, more energy, better ballistic coefficient, larger bullet, heavier bullet, cheaper ammo, cheaper components, more available components, wider range of bullet weights.

I have literally never heard about 7mm Rem but even i know that a CM is bigger than a mm

So you're literally restsed or spewing bad bait.
Mkay

>can't disprove any fact
>try and bait instead

Ive been saving up to do the same thing

>Poachers kill elephants with .22lr more than any other caliber.

Many german tanks were destroyed during the war as they would wait between the tank firing and quickly fire a 22LR down the tnk barrel from a distance and since the breech was open the 22 known for its richochets would bounce around inside the tank and kill the crew. This was the preferred method of taking out panzers as it did minimal damage and allowed them to be captured and use against the germans. The 22LR is devastating against tanks and elephants and has been proved so. Fact, This is why NATO is basically armed with a .22LR (it is nearly exactly the same dimension bullet you can verify this yourself). In the 19th century white big game hunters after the aphrodisiac effect of rhino horn would also kill white Rhino with .22LRs. This is all FACT.

>You can't really kill an elephant with a crossbow.
There videos of people doing exactly that on youtube. The first crossbowkill of an elephant was in 2006 IIRC.
youtu.be/FUAHEzy8uYQ

Elephants have been killed with bows too, also on youtube.

Me neither. I've shot many thousands of .22lr and had maybe two or three malfunctions of any kind (based 10/22).

However I don't have any hard data on the reliability of rimfire vs centerfire with regard to ignition (ignoring feeding) and I'm not willing to completely abandon conventional wisdom just because my anecdotal experience disagrees.

>but 7.62x39 can punch through a decent sized tree
Ya, a rotted tree.

I demonstrate how shit x39 is to AK/SKS fanbois all the time.
>5.56x45 FMJ fully penetrates 3/8" mild steel plate at 100 yards.
>7.62x39 FMJ leaves a small ding in 3/8" mild steel plate at 100 yards.
7.62x39 was designed for SOFT targets.

Not him but
>the joke
>
>
>your head

Nice troll retard.
>doesn’t mention .22lr

>less energy
what the fuck are you shooting with a .17 and .22 that requires more energy?