Finished My First AR! (Post Your Builds, Too!)

I've been collecting parts slowly for about a year (I wanted to use good quality parts and was willing to wait to have the money for them), and finished her just in time for my birthday tomorrow.
>Ruger stripped lower
>DPMS lower parts kit
>ALQ QMS trigger
>Magpul grip, trigger guard, and BAD lever
>SBA3 brace
>BCM 11.5" upper with 4x4 ambi charging handle and A2 flash hider
>Daniel Defense iron sights
How'd I do, Jow Forums?

Also, show off your own builds.

Attached: Photo Aug 10, 19 45 33.jpg (3024x4032, 1.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sb-tactical.com/resources/batfe-approval-letter-adjustable-pistol-stabilizing-brace/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's a close-up

Attached: Photo Aug 10, 19 46 15.jpg (4032x3024, 3.14M)

Attached: atf.jpg (499x314, 46K)

>2018
>Not knowing the legalities of AR pistols.
Does it hurt to be this new?

What's this.

Attached: p_080001330_2.jpg (400x400, 8K)

Those DD sights are atrociously ugly. They sure are popular though.

Anyway, here's my first build. I'm working on my 2nd right now, an SBR.

Attached: 0180810_192613_5599.jpg (1080x1440, 775K)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

look up SBA3 brace.

Are you retarded?

>adjustable arm brace
Bold move

>How'd I do, Jow Forums?
fucking terrible

M16a4gery with poorfag burris AR-536 and CA legal cuck wrap

Attached: a4gery.jpg (3024x4032, 1.17M)

howdy, fellow boomer!

yesterday at the range this young un was using an illegal silencer, I told him only the military special forces could get those and I called the cops on him

everyone knows silencers are only good for assassins

if the 9th circuit court told you to jump off a bridge, would you comply?

You forget something there, bud?

>Wanted to use good quality parts
>Ruger Lower
>DPMS LPK
The rest is fine, move your rear sight back to the furthest position.

Attached: Oppresive.jpg (491x488, 19K)

Your AR looks like every other AR but your enthusiasm and positivity make you endearing and set you apart from all of the sad-sack AR owners on this board, so I'm glad your happy and hope you enjoy your rifle for many years to come.

Your looks kinda like mine.

Attached: DSCN2258 (Large).jpg (1440x1080, 345K)

burn ointment?

PSA upper, 200$
Anderson lower 50$
Anderson lower kit 40$
Stock like 50$
Vortex crossfire 2 100$
aero mount 60$
k2 grip 20$
fore grip was like 15$ back in 09 or some shit
PSA bcg 80$
Rise ch 20$

decent build for like 500 or less, it was fun building it

Attached: image (1).jpg (392x523, 53K)

>an SBR
>an
Please finish 3rd grade first.

I got this burris 332 for 180$ on jet.com from gun.deals. I like it so far, the eye relief kinda sucks but whatever

Attached: image (7).jpg (3264x2448, 2.24M)

Looks sexy.

Yeah I got mine and a free Fastfire 3, the eye relief just works for me, and I mostly shoot this from the bench anyway

The eye relief I guess is cool. but gets fuzzy around the edges. I like how it looks, and the reticle is cool too

Attached: image (10).jpg (3264x2448, 3M)

I don't like it so much anymore. Want to get a the maxim defense brace.

Attached: 20170623_140202.jpg (2880x2160, 2.23M)

Usage of 'a' vs 'an' depends on the pronunciation.
Since it was written in a way that when reading it would begin with a vowel sound, 'an' is correct.

So go fuck yourself.

I Already posted this but here it goes
>FN M4 upper and lower
>14.7in button broached 1/7 CL barrel
> BCM pistol grip
>BCM trigger guard
>Magpul CTR stock (I have a B5 enhanced) I just like the CTR
>Aimpoint PRO
>I also put a ECHO2 in it I like having the auto marking do something.
I took it to the range last week it runs flawlessly.

Attached: M4and 19x.jpg (4128x2322, 2.44M)

FN collector's series?

>an short barrel rifle

OP here. I like Ruger stuff. I've got a Predator in .308, an LCR, an LCP, a Mk. IV Lite, and a 583-series Mini-14 in my collection, and I love them all. And as for the LPK, Brownells was running a sale where the LPK and the QMS trigger came as a set for $75, so I went for it. Besides, who cares? One set of fiddly little springs and catches is as good as the next. The BCG and barrel are where you should put your money, and that's where I *did* put my money.
Thanks, user. I came to gun ownership a lot later than most people here, so I guess I'm not jaded about it. Nice dubs too, BTW.
Thanks to you, too. My philosophy with building it was that I already have my Mini as a full-size 5.56 rifle, and there's no reason to have two guns that do the exact same thing in my collection, so I decided to go for a compact AR since there's no such thing as a Micro-14. Now I'm glad I did - the size and weight on it are perfect.

Didn't we just have this thread?

Anyways, I've been hankering for another build but idk what to do. Here are some more obscure builds I would like, but I'm also tempted by an M16A1. I had an A2 for a while but sold the upper.

Attached: what do.jpg (1440x1352, 452K)

You can't just put an arm brace on any old SBR to make it "not an SBR." The lower needed to be transferred on the 4473 specifically as a pistol in order to have avoided illegally manufacturing an SBR.

BAD lever is bad.

>an ess-bee-arr
You know they taught in third grade that the way you read acronyms is by one letter at a time.

Once again, go fuck yourself.

Attached: 1507698175043.png (600x600, 17K)

Primary Weapons Systems rifle. Technically Modern Musket so its one of their very first and personal opinion best rifle they made but its discontinued. Then put on a Lucid L7 1-6x24 scope. Lastly a harris bipod that swivels.

Attached: 20170727_195805.jpg (4032x3024, 2.77M)

Kkkkk

Also the Burris PEPR mount

Scope? Like this over a red dot?

Its a burris prism sight. That one is probably the 5 power, but they make it in a 3 power as well. Twice a year burris does a deal where when you buy the scope, you can do a mail in rebate for a free fastfire

>The lower needed to be transferred on the 4473 specifically as a pistol
Nope. There's no such thing as a "pistol lower" - that's total fuddlore. All it has to be is a bare receiver that was never attached to a rifle stock, and this was.

>that was never attached to a rifle stock

Attached: 1533945428193.jpg (306x359, 27K)

A buffer is not a stock. The plastic thing you put on it is.

like anybody would give two flying fucking shits if they saw an AR pistol at the range. You REALLY think the feds are gonna roll up, call their serial number office, have their guys manually look up the serial number to try and figure out how the firearm was transferred just to fuck you?
>3 days later
>AHA! that was originally a rifle buddy you're going to jail :^)

How's eye relief?

Attached: 20180721_150038.jpg (2560x1920, 1.63M)

I feel sorry for your dog.

Why are you even bothering to argue this? What boomer fucking facebook group did you come from? Go read the ATF's fucking letter to SB Tactical.

sb-tactical.com/resources/batfe-approval-letter-adjustable-pistol-stabilizing-brace/

>not living in a state where it is a crime for federal agencies to attempt to enforce gun control

>Ruger stripped lower
Fine
>ALG QMS
Fine
>Magpul grip, trigger guard, and BAD
Fine, but read a bit up on the BAD. Some people have some very convincing arguments against having a lever inside the trigger guard.
>SBA3
Good
>BCM 11.5" with 4x4 ambi charging handle and A2
Good, especially if you got the BFH CHF 11.5" barrel
>Daniel Defense iron sights
Bad. Fixed irons are bad. Should have gotten Magpul MBUS PROs and saved up for a red dot. You also need a sling. I suggest the BFG Vickers padded.

Not a bad pistol though. You did well with the upper.

Attached: 37270812_10214879605956561_8191801723640086528_n.jpg (1737x1033, 944K)

>that paper that you're holding protects me

id like to remind you that certain obama era federal agencies are currently ABOVE THE LAW

Grandpa I need you to take your pills, we're all worried for you.

>mbus pros
>when the plastic mbus are cheaper and were proven to be more reliable and durable
why are tripfags always fags?

OP here. The funny thing is I bought that lower when I still lived in California. The gun shop I bought it at made me sign an indemnity waiver promising I'd never build it into a pistol. I'm assuming that was only binding in California, though.

who the fuck cares? Nobody will ever check, ever, unless you use the thing in a crime. Then it will just be an additional charge for whatever crime you comitted. AR pistols are legal.

The six position buffer tube is capable of affixing a rifle stock. Same as how an unpinned/unwelded 14.5" barrel with a 1.5" FH is capable of becoming only 14.5" long by simply removing the FH. Why do you think pistol buffer tubes are smooth on all sides, you fucking mongoloid?

>if they saw an AR pistol at the range
This isn't Billy-Bob's range. This is a public, high profile website that is visited by millions of people and easily audited by law enforcement for the IP addresses of suspected law-breakers.

>it dun been proven, that makes me right and you a moron!

and the feds are going to say, OH SHIT user TURNED A RECEIVER TRANSFERRED AS A RIFLE INTO A PISTOL, SEND THE VANS WE NEED TO VERIFY THIS AND THROW HIM IN JAIL

get real dude.

>law-breakers.
Like people who buy ATF approved pistol stabilizing braces?

>capable of mounting a stock
Has absolutely nothing to do with the law. The ATF specifically approved the SBA3. Go boomer somewhere else.

Yeah, pretty much. Military testing shows the MBUS is more durable than metal flip up sights. Anyone continuing to use metal flip up sights is indeed a moron.

thank you. Everyone shits on me for using the plastic mbus, but i specifically got them for a reason. No, the sight picture isn't as pretty as my Troys, but they are spring loaded, more durable, and lighter... not to mention 1/4 the price.

Attached: aksgflkasgjadflgjafdh.jpg (1280x960, 327K)

You're a retard, stop talking, retard.

>OH SHIT user TURNED A RECEIVER TRANSFERRED AS A RIFLE INTO A PISTOL
It doesn't work like that. Once it's a rifle, you can only ever put a short barrel on it with the proper paperwork.

>ATF letters are legal advice
>ATF letters never contradict themselves
>ATF letters mean what they say they mean and apply to other people too

I really, really feel sorry for your dog. Poor pup.

>OH SHIT user TURNED A RECEIVER TRANSFERRED AS A RIFLE INTO A PISTOL
I appreciate your point, but stripped lowers are specifically not transferred as rifles, which is why you have to be 21 to buy them.

>I really, really feel sorry for your dog. Poor pup.
No really, why are you posting? You're the same kind of retard who was whinging two years ago about "hurdur don't shoulder that brace!" No one cares. The ATF doesn't care. SB tactical has been selling these all year long, no one cares. KAK sells one nearly identical now too.

You're the only one who cares. Why are you doing the gungrabbers job for them?

Ok, and my point is that, since AR pistols are legal, how the fuck would anybody know if it was once a rifle, and more importantly, why the fuck would anybody care?

I was more going off the assumption that he bought a complete rifle, swapped the upper and swapper the buffer.

Or, more hilariously, bought a stripped lower and built a rifle, then changed his mind and built a pistol

>how the fuck would anybody know if it was once a rifle,
You bragged about it online is how.

OP here. Nope, I started with a stripped lower. Pic related was my collection around the time I left California. Since then, there's been one deletion (the CVA Wolf, which I gave to a friend) and a few additions. The lower inside the box is what became the AR I finished today.

Attached: familyportrait.jpg (3918x2117, 1.89M)