Taurus

Does Taurus make ANY good guns? It seems like everything is a ticking time bomb, waiting to blow up in your face, crack, or what have you. Are they aware at all of how shit there guns are?

In my opinion, pic related is the only good gun, albeit I don’t know how good. Thoughts?

Attached: image.jpg (3475x1902, 864K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gx7HYgTWAsg
youtu.be/s-y0dc8qezE
youtube.com/watch?v=lRQI9tgU55s&t=2s
youtu.be/KPgAEi1E6Eo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I had one of those for a while and it was alright. Frame mounted safety was nice, magazines not so much.
I'm curious about the G2 PT111s, they're being blown out for $200 and look like an appealing carry gun. People seem to generally be happy with them.

Of course there's also the revolvers which are sloppy, but usually functional.

Fuck off tripfag. The revolvers are trash

The pt92 is solid and imo a little better than the m9 because of the safety location
The pt1911 is a really solid 1911 with a great feature set for the price
The pt111g2 is a great ccw but the grip stippling is pretty irritating on the skin
Like said before their revolvers are a little sloppy but they work

They're the best pistol you can get for $200, we'll put it that way

no

Taurus owners are *generally* happy with them because Taurus owners don’t *generally* shoot them more than once a year.

Step dad had a taurus PT1911 as his duty pistol when he was a cop. after he passed away, I got it and brought it to a range to see if it still worked properly. Every single magazine had at least 1 failure to extract or failure to ignite the primer. how he trusted this pistol when he was a cop I will never know

Attached: file.png (500x353, 80K)

I own one of their supposedly "fine" revolvers, a .357 Model 66 that I bought for like $300.
It works ok but I will never by another Taurus firearm after dealing with their dogshit customer service and quality control.

>Gun was straight-up missing the yoke-retention spring, only friction and the new finish held the cylinder yoke in place.
>Call Taurus CS when the cylinder falls the fuck out of the gun while shooting.
>"fuck no that's not covered by the warranty, you can pay to mail us the gun and pay us to fix it though. It'll be like $150 and take up to four months."
>Ask if they can just mail me the fucking part since nobody sells the fuck thing.
>$50 after shipping
>took 10 weeks to show up at my house

Fuck Taurus. The gun works fine now but I don't trust it and wish I had just bought a GP100.

4x a year with my pt809c. Fuck off shill or no guns douche. No FTF or anything. As long as you clean the shit every 6 months it works.

Try to find some revolvers from the 80s or 90s, those are solid since they were made before the company went to shit (brazil)

The other point of the thread: why does Taurus do this, how do they get away with this?

Please, please don’t tell me people are stupid enough to justify to themselves that they’re good guns. I understand it’s a budget gun for poorfags, but if you save up for the gun, just keep saving and buy something better? And if you can’t, don’t buy it in the first place????

Are these any good?

Attached: taurus-curve-handgun.jpg (960x640, 52K)

I shoot my pt1911 twice a month. It's been great. My pt92 is almost 20 years old and still running strong

Well, he said sloppy but functional. He didn't say they weren't trash.

I thought this was a staple gun looking at the thumbnail.

>PT111 G2
>Model 85
>Raging Bull

I have that exact model
>rear sight is loose
>handle is loose
>better fucking lube it unless you want to stovepipe every round
gripSafety/10
I like it, it shoots okay.

South Americans don't know how to make firearms.

Did anyone buy one of these?

Attached: minix.jpg (500x312, 15K)

The fuck is that Igun looking thing?

Well, how are guns coming out of there, then? It sure isn't magic. I don't believe in that stuff.

Br*zilians aren't people.

Almost nothing Taurus has ever made is a "ticking time bomb."

For God's sake it was the Brazilian domestic version (NOT the US import version) of the 24/7 that fired itself when shaken, the old old (two generations removed and improved) Millennium series (mainly the PT111) that weren't drop safe, and some blued guns have problems with rusting as is typical of poor bluing. The brand is otherwise fine, not trash. The PT111 was re-engineered as the PT111 G2 Millennium, and that was also re-re-engineered into the G2C/G2S. Now in 2018, apart from crusty machining and slightly inflated prices, there's nothing "wrong" with Taurus.

That's not to say it's a high quality brand as even their "premium" products like the PT92 are pretty crusty and rough, but they don't explode or break or fire themselves, whether dropped or not, and they're priced mostly in accordance with build quality.

Yeesh.

tl;dr ALL current production Taurus are decent guns and there are no objectively bad ones. Prove me wrong.

24/7 was a flawed design, even if they're making them in Florida. Their revolvers are a crapshoot. Here's a video of one "not exploding" for you.

Attached: reliability.webm (720x1280, 2.91M)

Well shoot if one giant magnum with hand loads cracked I guess the whole brand is complete trash top to bottom back to front.

Or is it?

I've had about 4 different models of Taurus. I've never had an issue with any of them. The first there were different flavors of Beretta clone and one .45 ACP P24/7. The later of which never had any issue with being fired when shaken. As you said, it seems to be isolated to Brazilian production guns.

True. They're some kind of meta-human race, right? Wish we were as stylish as they are.

Yes, and that's why Glock is also trash.

is that a Taurus? the ports look different

youtu.be/Gx7HYgTWAsg
Part 1
youtu.be/s-y0dc8qezE
Part 2
All with pt1911 .45

That looks like an X-frame S&W.
Definitely out of time, you can even see the impact of the bullet hitting the left side of the forcing cone and bending it all to shit.

>Glock is also trash.
why would anyone take to anything you post seriousl

>needs two thumbs to cock it

No

Does it matter? Taurus could release, today, the greatest handgun ever designed, and it would not matter because it would be Taurus and Jow Forums is filled with a bunch of faggots who put Apple fanboys to shame.

Look at every thread where countless assholes beg for strangers on the internet to validate their choice of firearm and you’ll realize that like three people actually care about firearms enough to research and make educated choices based on data, while the rest are attention seeking circle-jerkers who would pay $1000 for a pointed stick if it had a H&K logo scratched into it.

Buy what you want and quit basing your self worth on the opinions of anonymous memers

Attached: 7E9D2B00-3D3C-456A-BA91-315D76C98CEB.jpg (183x275, 16K)

Why would anyone take anything seriously

The number one seller at the store I'm in. Low price, decent capacity, two mags, lots of safety features for beginners. We have Glocks that have been sitting in the showcase for months but we can't keep PT111's (now called the G2C) on the shelf for more than a month. It's our cheapest semi-auto that isn't an antique.

Oh please. Americans and Brazilians are both mutts.

>tries to show how shitty and unreliable Taurus is
>by showing an S&W, the most reputable revolver manufacturer in the world, blowing up

Attached: 1433905779464.jpg (680x962, 184K)

I've got a G2 PT111 with about 4000 rounds though it and it's been just as good as anything else, no real issues. It goes bang when you pull the trigger and for 200-250 it's a steal.

Here in Brazil I've seen some gun traders saying good things about the their RT838 revolver, it's an 8 shot 38 Special revolver.

I have a 709 that I like for pocket carry since it's reliable, has a manual safety (which is to me a plus with my carry method) cheap ($160), and has a lifetime warranty

Seems to be a glock clone with some tweaks like second strike

Attached: 20171127_030759-01.jpg (1724x2464, 1.73M)

>8 shot
holy shit, they must be holding out on us, because they just re-introduced their 6 shot .38 here

that thing is fucking massive, they built it in the 44 Magnum frame, if you run out of ammo you can't just bludgeon people to death with it

so it's a bunda in the form of a wheelgun, huh

kek, yeah, kinda like that

I picked up their Rossi revolver in .357 the other day
It was a massive flaming pile of fucking dog shit that felt like it had sand poured in it

The steel frame judges are fine for fuckery.
.410 and normal .45 colt are low pressure.
Other Taurus revolvers are OK. But might as well spend the little bit more and get a ruger.
I don't know why Taurus can't get it's shit togeather with semis.

So how fucked am I. When will hand blow up. Serial dates it 1991. Brazil made. Model 66b4. 6 shot .357. I've fired it many times but way under 1000 rounds in my hands. Bought it from a co-worker in 2005. I don't think he shot it much either. It's not as sweet as my 629, but it's solid and the trigger is nice.

Attached: 20180812_010031.jpg (4032x3024, 3.44M)

Bump because I want to know as well. The only issue with them, afaik, is the way the loading works or something to do with the magazine extraction.

The cylinder fell out of MUH JUDGE!

What kind of backwater shit hole let a man carry a taurus on duty?

Spectrum

no
/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=lRQI9tgU55s&t=2s

I don't own a Taurus but I do want a Raging Bull. I doubt I will have problems.

Do you know how to check lockup and timing? If it's still tight, it's probably alright.

Just do the usual revolver checkup; if it checks out, it's fine.

I bought an even older Taurus revolver than that that still shoots great.

> Jow Forums is filled with a bunch of faggots who put Apple fanboys to shame.
Underrated post, and you just summed up the gun community as a whole

I work for a major retailer and we've gotten Taurus revolvers that had rust under the grips, and they can't figure out how to keep a fiber optic sight from falling out of it's brackets.

The PT92, and raging bull are pretty solid.

t. Nigel Fagglesworth, III, Esq.

thats not unique to taurus and he already talked about rust

I want a Raging Hornet, though I bet getting ammo is a bitch.

youtu.be/KPgAEi1E6Eo

I finger fucked a 605, and I liked it a lot. Might pick one up just because it would make a great cheap pocket carry
>I wonder if I can get t grips for it

Attached: 20180806_165524.jpg (2988x5312, 939K)

Please tell me what he's "shilling." fuck off you inbred retard