Why bother giving him an enlisted rank?

Why bother giving him an enlisted rank?

Attached: Chief.jpg (524x770, 245K)

Report, sage, hide please.

He’s a direct combatant, Spartans are designed to die in combat not retire at a desk or become strategic commanders.
They don’t live long enough to fulfill the potential of an officer and their direct combat skills which they can’t pass on to none-Spartans would be wasted.
Chiefs longevity is very unusual.

Isn't he one of 10 surviving Spartan IIs out of an original class of like 30?

Attached: 800px-SPARTAN-II_Super_Soldiers.jpg (800x600, 100K)

Something like that, I just remember a lot of survivors being “mia” and or not in good standing with the Navy anymore.

I think that’s why they stopped making them so difficult to kill with the spartan 3 program. That and they needed more people to survive indoc because of the number of suicidal operations available.
I don’t think their armor costs as much a whole ship either.

SPI was dirt cheapfor III’s, the new Spartans (IV?)are gay so who cares

Maybe a better question is how did pic related get a commission. He was a Lieutenant

Attached: B312.png (786x715, 934K)

Because Reach is retarded.

What ever happened to Spartan II's

Friendly reminder that Mjolnir Mk V was most aesthetic armor

Attached: mjolnir-mk-v-armor.jpg (1920x1080, 708K)

delet this

Originally they all presumably died in top level suicide missions throughout the war and on Reach when the planet got glassed, but it was left a little vague. So then 343i retconned the storyline and made it so that Master Chief's original operations team survived Reach and were featured in Halo 5.

Attached: 8334036.jpg (1920x1080, 516K)

reminder that Spartan III > II > I > IV

Reach is the most aesthetic Halo and that's all that matters.

Attached: Halo-_Reach_-_Noble_Team.jpg (1920x1080, 756K)

The books had most of the II's die on Reach but chief's team was always alive. Linda(?) I think was on the Pillar of Autumn in CE but in a cryotube after getting injured.

Oh shit yeah they all ended up on Onyx during the events of Halo 1 through 3 or something right?

Attached: 1493058572560.jpg (480x480, 49K)

Maybe, I thought Blue team was conducting operations in Earth during the events of Halo 2. It's been a while since I read those books. Onyx sounds familiar.

Blue Team surviving Reach and being trapped on Onyx was cannon even before 343 got ahold of the franchise.

Spartan II classes I and II were meant to be front-line fighters at any and all times: those that made it into the officer ranks were very scarce. John-117 likely began denying promotions at the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer, although he was informally appointed the rank (however, not the post tied to the rank) of Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy at the Hillside Memorial on March 3rd, 2553.

A Naval Special Warfare operator, let alone a Spartan-II, being promoted to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy yet not the office thereof still means they hold political order of precedence equivalent to a three-star general officer and that they have served long enough to reach the end of their field; let alone the fact that John-117 was seen as the de-facto leader of the Spartan II classes because of both his prominence and his experience in combat and leading the Spartan IIs.

B-312 was likely commissioned due to the nature of Noble Team's operations, as were most team members (though most were given warrants, instead) during their deployments leading into becoming a member of Noble Team, as a small group of Spartan-IIIs in Mjolnir power armour were going to be a constantly called upon asset if they didn't outrank those attempting to call upon them on Reach.

soulless

Reach was retarded as fuck, it's story was shit, it's characters were shit, and it's non fucking canon compared to the book.

I love the books but it's stupid to say that theyre more canon than the games

The Spartan III's were organized in larger units, naturally you need additional levels of command.

He could have been promoted up to Admiral if he chose, but he preferred direct action at his rank. In one of the comics, Lord Hood offers him a promotion to Admiral, but he declines.

>the games are more canon
After 343, and even what Bungie did with Reach, the games are literally secondary canon, even some fanfiction is better.

halo stopped being good after 3

>ODST
FTFY

>After 343, and even what Bungie did with Reach, the games are literally secondary canon, even some fanfiction is better.
Except they're not? Just because the games are shit doesn't mean they're not canon.

>2*

Halo 3's story was absolutely shit, once Marty wrote half of it.

i didnt like odst but i got my first dick sucking while playing that game so its kinda ok in my book

Did your mother drop you as a baby, let a brute fuck you in the brains and let the prophets fiddle with you in order to come up with that conclusion?

>muh books
lmao who gives a shit

thank you. Halo 2 boss battle was pure sex, then Halo 3 you fuck around with the gay little cuckbot who kills your nigger out of nowhere? fucking stupid

Noble team was made up of three officers and three warrant officers. I know it's a video game but is/was there any sort of team in real life that was made up of enlisted and commissioned personnel in such a composition?

Only thing I could think of would be something involving pilots, not infantry.

If I was charge of 343/Halo IP.
>Halo ODST:Insurgency
>Game is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon in Spess
>missions are either direct action Drop Pod assaults or covert actions with hard emphasis on stealth
>Weapons are all fully customized, all with strengths and weaknesses
>Innies are BRUTAL, booby traps everywhere, and civilians to watch out for
>a big story plot is how all UNSC weapons are Biometricly locked and and Innies take POW's to forge bio tags so they can use the weapons
>last two missions are when the Covenant show up
>needler, INSTANT KILL
>Plasma pistol? Full charge shot? INSTA KILL
>Elites? CQB? You're FUCKED.
>However, this is a two way street
>Grenade launchers totally fuck Grunts
>Sniper Rifles one shot EVERYTHING.
>Elites in CQC? Meet Shotgun

>343 Halo
>good
>at all
Day of the Mower soon