/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Not An SBR Edition
>Thread #669

Old thread here

Attached: 37814693_227368228101040_8665720599902945280_n.jpg (1080x1118, 453K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
apexgunparts.com/more/magazines/polish-ak-47-magazine-25rd-polymer-7-62x39-new.html
xtechtactical.com/product/mag47-30-round-ak-magazine/
youtube.com/watch?v=9-J9-9YlRZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

first for "pistol" abominations

second for Draco a best

what welder should i get?

>for what it's worth I've seen you ask this a couple of times but I don't have the slightest clue personally

Where can you get a stock like that?

Mount an AR buffer tube adapter, the braces are gearhead tailhook Mod 1's.

Attached: range day.jpg (4032x3024, 1.65M)

Lol @ this pastebin info

If it's so shit why don't you - i dont know - make a new one?

FUCK THE ATF

How's it going muchachos

Attached: IMG_4303.jpg (3264x2448, 1.66M)

>lewd as fuck

>MFW True Black isn't dead

Seconded
FUCK THE ATF
How does an SBR become more lethal?
It doesn't make any sense when pistols/rifles of similar configuration are allowed

>How does an SBR become more lethal?
keep in mind this shit was enacted in 1934 when machine funs were also legal

This kit was $2300 and it was only that cheap because the front stub was dicked up

Attached: 8599F393-7CB9-4C10-9B07-B308914CB508.jpg (1080x645, 238K)

>Expecting the alphabet soup agency that classifies a shoestring as a machine gun to make sense
It's a lost cause user.

>I hope there are still kits around to buy and build late next year when I will finally have some financial breathing room.

Are you aware that you can get a credit card with 0% APR for 12-18 months?

iirc the bill originally banned pistols, but that part was removed before it passed.

Lol I can't afford anything that pricey even after I get done breathing room. I was thinking more along the lines of the Polish AKM/AKMS kits that float around $500-$600. Would love a type 1/2/3 kit though.

I want an ak pistol in .300 blk what do

I have a credit card, but I don't like to use it for anything then small purchases to build/maintain credit. Next year I will have close to $1000 in two months so I can buy things then. Thanks for the above though user.

This, the original point of the NFA was to ban machineguns, and to ban pistols, SBRs and SBSs were along with AOWs, just to make sure nobody got a loophole by cutting down a long gun into a handgun.
The NRA, however, back when they were much cooler, lobbied to have pistols removed from the NFA before it was finalized, so what we're really looking at is an old remnant loophole cover that kind of made itself obsolete, but instead is now used to punish people who just want a nice and short gun.

From a modern gun grabber perspective, the argument would probably be that weapons like these are easy for prospective baby murderers to conceal, even though it's a bullshit argument and that if someone wanted to murder with an illegal SBR, they'll just put a stock on a pistol and not register it, you know, not following established laws, as criminals are wont to do.

Build yourself or want forever. Not aware of anyone that makes an AK pistol in .300bo. be easier to build AR pistol, but then it's not an AK.

I like your style man

mags i would suck the big dick for:
>plum 7.62 circle10
>black valmet
>chinese tanker
>one of those weird truckbed-liner plastic chinese 15 rounders

Attached: 20180211_201959.jpg (2576x1932, 1.93M)

Thanks user.

And sorry for the typos, I'm really tired. Hope you understood what I meant.

I know it wouldn't be quite right, but could you buy a black (10) and rit dye it?

it's worth something to me. :)

Bumping, someone here has to have a preference

Attached: IMG_20180811_151013.jpg (2048x2011, 208K)

Bump all prices up and it'll be more realistic

How are people still afraid of credit cards in 2018? Surely you people don't buy shit with your debit cards right?

I am having way to much trouble finding a ribbed plum. It's bullshit.

>I want an ak pistol in .300 blk what do
Buy a Draco

That's not what I asked you, user.

You wouldn't like my revision boyo

Who cares? Make it anyways.
If you don't like the pastebin, offer a revised version or shut up.

>people wouldn't like my pastebin so I'm gonna sit here and routinely talk about how shit the pastebin is while offering no incentive to fix it whatsoever
>mfw
something tells me yours wouldn't be all that top notch

Attached: 1529975570360.jpg (1200x999, 55K)

slow saturday eh?

I'm the user who was asking about folding stocks last thread.

I found a ak100 trunnion with hardware, but i can't find a triangle stock that's 5.5 mm, all the triangle stocks are krinks that are 4.5mm. Can i just drill them out by 1 mm? I have a 5.5 reamer lying around somewhere.

What's going on with this stuff, every site that carries side folders is out of stock. I don't get it.

Anything lincoln, anything arc. Mig is for scrubs.

Restock notifications are key, my guy. A lot of places restock then sell out near immediately because so many people want certain shit. I saw Legion sell out of Russian top loading drums in an afternoon - got the restock email at 12:00, double checked the website to be sure, and by the time I got off at 6:00 they were sold out once again.

I guess that's true. Super annoying i gotta go through an importer, since most places don't ship internationally. Means i often miss stuff by the time my importer gets back to me.

You could always post a WTB on the files

Legion has 5.5 triangles

Who makes a decent cheap 5.45 magazine? Magpul any good? I would like Russian or Bulgarian but they're on the expensive side for me.

>they're on the expensive side for me
Welp, should've got into 7.62. They're all a little pricey. I wouldn't trust magpul until they get steel lugs/feeding lips

Should I buy a new WASR or save up for an Arsenal?

I just want this aesthetic...

Attached: 238655DB-DC08-4BFD-8657-6A37E4F32D5A.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

I have a 7.62, I've never fired or done anything with my 5.45. I've had it for 4 years, I haven't even converted it yet... I plan on getting plum K-Var furniture for it.

As much as I don't like WASRs, I would trust their QC over Arsenals any day of the week. Unless you get a pre2016 Arsenal.

Why don’t you like WASRs?

That sucks cause 5.45 mags were probably over half the price 4 years ago
I don't own a 5.45 so I'm no help

Maximum normie rifle
>also where are the dimples?

I mean it’s normie but it’s still a good AK.

I was living in NY until a month ago. I never fired the gun because nobody had ammo and we couldn't buy ammo online. Now that I'm in TN and my other Saiga is completely converted I want to give attention to my 5.45 one.

No, I use cash.

>one of those weird truckbed-liner plastic chinese 15 rounders
They're black bakelite, and they're 20 rounds.

Attached: 20160723_233716.jpg (3264x1836, 1.89M)

>a FDL tanker
Muh dick

and VERY expensive
huh?

True. thanks for the help.

Thanks bud.

I have a line on an SLR-107FR right now for $900. Jump on it or naw?

WASR, just get a bake mag and grip and some '74 wood and you're good for that look

Soviet stocks is selling decent afghan era '74 wood for an ok price

Day of the rope soon user, anyone higher up the government than your local cops get dead.

Have SLR-106 should I buy smoke beryl mags or ((10))s?

I like the look of the beryls more and the ones I have work fine, they're also cheaper so unless there's any real reason to get ((10)) 5.56 mags...

Also any idea if I could rit dye semi-translucent beryl mags black?

Attached: 1531947383042.jpg (470x470, 57K)

Jesus fucking Christ what the fuck has been wrong with the captchas recently
Don't the beryls lack steel lugs and feeding lips?

Yeah, if you have basic machining skills it's easy.

They do lack those yes. But the fiberglass has held up perfectly so far. I've dropped the five I have a trillion times on concrete and rocks, they're a little gnarled up but have never failed or cracked.

Guess it's like PMAGs.

the gen 1 and 2 pmags were pretty shite imo. Gen 3 seems more promising but until they have steel reinforcements (and more importantly, look better) I'll avoid it like AIDS.

lol I think they're fine dude

you can always get lancers

>lancer mags
You know this isn't /arg/ right

Is the middle one 5.45? How much do those go for these days?

Attached: 1532123715097.gif (500x400, 988K)

Something with gas, flux core is a pain in the ass for ak work. Tig if you can tig, mig if you can't.

Bent the fuck out of my romanian 40 rounder's feedlips smacking it on the floor

apexgunparts.com/more/magazines/polish-ak-47-magazine-25rd-polymer-7-62x39-new.html
Speaking of mags, are these gtg?

No, total trash

>apexgunparts.com/more/magazines/polish-ak-47-magazine-25rd-polymer-7-62x39-new.html
I bought 10 of those when calssic had them for 3$ per.
They are worth 3 dollars, full polymer, flex when you squeeze them, somehow have sharp edges, half the springs are upside down, hence calling them "25rd" instead of 30, the insides are rough, and the follower snags on the spring because of the sharp edges from the mold.

I have a box full of them, and i dont trust any of them to feed until i spend about an hour every individual one, sanding corners, figuring out which orientation is up for the spring, seeing if the feed angle is right, its a fucking hassle.

Ive worked on 2 of them so far, but then they got all mixed up because I didnt mark them, so Im fucked.

30$ for 10 mags, you be the judge.

thx I'll continue making my mags out of silly puddy and wood
>t.poorfag

Attached: dog.jpg (600x488, 66K)

>are these mags any good
>no
>LOL POORFAG
Please, explain your logic. I can't wait to hear this one.

Also this

Attached: 20180727_142117.jpg (1440x1665, 1.6M)

I am the poorfag retard
I am the one making my mags out of silly puddy and wood
I am talking about myself and you got offended thinking I was calling you poor

xtechtactical.com/product/mag47-30-round-ak-magazine/
These are pretty dank so far

I mean like I said, if you got more time than money maybe they are worth it to you.

Not worth it to me though

>xtechtactical.com/product/mag47-30-round-ak-magazine/
>30$ for a poly mag
How about no.

>30 fucking dollars for a us palm clone
NOOOOPE

Attached: 1359501178212.jpg (553x351, 26K)

Then buy magpul you normie poorfag
They bought the patent from US Palm, added a removable floorplate, and fixed the issues with the spring. Far more rigid too. If anything US Palms were the overpriced ones.

Got a line on a good condition stamped mak90 sporter for $450. Gonna get it next week, pretty excited. Thumbhole stock had gotta go tho.

Nice snag. Straight or slant cut?

Slant. I see there are adapters for traditional furniture, or folder options. Ironwood set looks cool but way too pricey. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet (along with all of those other parts I'll most definitely be swapping out for 922r compliance of course!)

Attached: Caesar-bound-39499571-500-281.jpg (500x281, 29K)

Ugly ass adapter or Ironwood are your only choices. Even if you get the adapter, your choices don't exactly widen up
>922r
Doesn't apply to civilians you tardo.

>tries joking about 922r
>doesn't realize it doesn't apply to civvies nor has anyone ever been charged with a violation
oh the irony

>adapter or ironwood are your only choices
The only right choice is to weld it up. Not that hard to do, and looks better than memewood stocks or adapters.

Pics? That sounds most definitely retarded.
>memewood
stay poor and mad, it fuels us

youtube.com/watch?v=9-J9-9YlRZY
I Z O L E N T A

I bet it smelled so good when they opened that big pack

Attached: CHEEKIE_BREEKIE_UV_DANKA.jpg (1242x1205, 66K)

don't feel like digging the rifles out to take pics right now, and this is the only pic I have handy of both in the same photo. The m77 and RPK were both slant cut originally, I welded in a repair section on both. The hunter/galil was also slant cut prior to being welded, but that's milled and a little different. Not sure how that's retarded or poor, if anything buying a shitty stock or adapter instead of fixing the rifle properly is both retarded and poor.

Attached: bEbRSLF.jpg (1512x2016, 351K)

accidentally replied to my own post, but see here

>shitty stock
>IWD
pick one, they're most certainly some of the highest quality around. Their walnut is especially beautiful, shit's rock hard and always has consistent grain and color across the whole set
>rifles
Don't look nearly as bad as I thought they would, with a fresh coat of paint you may never notice unless taking a peak inside.

30 for a good plastic mag with steel lugs and lips I think is fine.

Steel mags are cheaper but way less light.