Air National Guard

What happens here? Anyone have any experience? I wasn’t even aware this existed.

Attached: 5BB705F3-A337-48DA-9E8A-0B253363C94F.png (1017x1024, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/6hJcSSv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You fly up up and away until you land in your own ass.

I’m a ssgt in the ANG.

Ask me anything

What do you like in your women?

I’m into motivated brunettes with shapely figures.

Also my penis.

Not bad. Now for something that will lighten op up.

Worst work day you ever had?

Lawyers, accountants, regional airline pilots go there to take mandatory Anti- Sexual Harassment training slides from a registered sex offender who works at Jiffy Lube. Then they inspect their warplanes for rust, then released until next month.

What kind of role does ANG play? Comparable to Army national guard?
What is training like?

Is recruitment comparable to recruitment for the Army national guard?

When I finish my degree, is it possible to join as an officer like one can with the Army national guard and air force reserves?

Attached: CA577ECA-20EE-4E65-933C-A53966DF848A.jpg (1403x927, 248K)

I worked a min manned mids shift that ended 8am on our annual 4 day long Guard drill, then had to stay until about noon doing NCB and SABC training. It wouldn’t have been all bad if the training hadn’t been a worthless joke

ANG plays a wide roll. At least half of the MQ-9s overseas are flown by Guardsmen working full time from home station. My unit is one of them. Those lucky enough to still have fighters regularly deploy those assets as well.

Recruiters for the ANG, or at the very least my unit, are very picky. They don’t take just anyone, and waivers aren’t gonna happen unless you’re worth it.

My unit won’t take somebody off the street and send them to be an officer. You’d have to enlist first, then go before the board and commission. This probably varies by unit however.

What if you're prior enlisted from another branch?

Alot of the roles overlap, youll see airmen on the ground helping out with natural disasters and what not. Most of the US airspace defense stuff is done by the ANG as well, for instance those F15s intercepting the hijacking the other day were guard. Lots of mobility stuff too.

I dont know, honestly. You'd have to talk to a recruiter about that. A lot of stuff seems to vary unit to unit as well.

What do you do? What state?

Im a mission intelligence coordinator (MIC) for the MQ-9. Its a job the active duty no longer uses because it essentially ruins an intel guy for his next assignment. I'm trained as a 1N0 but rarely do any duties of a traditional intel troop. I have worked full time my entire career, so my perspective of the Guard is rather skewed. I'd rather not say my state

So you can work full-time for the Guard? How does that work?

Michigan? Texas? New York? Iowa? I think there was one more, don't remember.

>”I’d rather say my state”
>user attempts to draw an answer by guessing

Well, that depends heavily on the mission.

If you go in as a finance, personnel, security forces, or any other support type job, there will probably be openings for an AGR (active guard/reserve) slot to work full time that you can apply for. This is a title 32 job, so state duty, not active duty.

My job is supporting 24/7 combat ops. As I mentioned earlier, at least half the MQ-9s operating overseas are flown from Guard bases by Guardsmen. They all work full time, rotating shifts, 24/7. Most of our MQ-9 guys are just activated on title 10 orders. It's not technically "full time" since the orders could get cut without notice, but I am working every week, around the clock. Some guys have AGR slots supporting reaper ops, but that is weird because they have to be on Title 10 orders to actually do the mission, so it gets confusing.

Then to make it even more confusing, some guys work out there on a technician status making GS pay, but still show up in uniform and are their military rank.

tl;dr, work in a reaper unit doing reaper stuff if you want a cushy, cushy life

Arkansas, Tennessee, North Dakota too. I may be missing one. CA, but they're reserve.

>Recruiters for the ANG, or at the very least my unit, are very picky. They don’t take just anyone, and waivers aren’t gonna happen unless you’re worth it.
What if I'm an air traffic controller in Texas and want to join the Texas ANG?

Attached: hsgs4702inset2-lg.jpg (1000x667, 91K)

Then i would reccomend talking to a recruiter.

Is that a real logo? Are they fucking brain dead?

its literally the same as the Army national guard logo but with planes on it.

What's wrong with it?

You didn’t know the Air Force had a guard component?

No, they didn’t squeeze a word around a pointless ribbon like a third grader trying to fit a word in a margin. Fucking abomination ha.

Attached: 31682EBB-0F55-4B17-AAF0-EED7BDB3FB2D.gif (1203x1203, 85K)

All the Air Force majcoms do that.

Its almost as if, shocking i know, they took the ARNG patch and applied it to the standard AF patch template and added some planes. Please let me know if im going too fast here

Most branches don't, and they're very small and unknown popularly compared to AD.

>Most branches don't
There are five branches. You're technically correct, but, come on.

Most don’t? When you break down the DoD there are 3 branches. The one branch without a guard component is the one that has a coast guard.

Read the actual U.S. Code that establishes the branches and you'll see there are 5. And only the Army and AF have Guard.

>Department of the Navy
what did the Navy mean by this?

Right but organizationally 2 fall under the Navy hence mentioning how the DoD is broken down. Does a Coast Guard Guard make sense to you? What would a state owned Marine force do?

You know the ANG patch is designed to go on a flight suit, right?

Russian soviet army server discord.gg/6hJcSSv

>Brunettes
Blondes with blue eyes > all

Guard the fucking coast maybe?

>having the most normal taste
blondes have got to be the most boring of all

Attached: 1489901952102.jpg (1671x2506, 697K)

You're ignorant and won't bother even googling basic stuff. Sad.
5 branches. 3 departments.

The guy (or the guy defending the guy) that wasn't aware of the ANG is calling others ignorant. Great thread, deserves a bump back to the top.

Why do AF females fuck black dudes?

Because the other option is to fuck Air Force guys.

There's literally a coast guard reserve tho

Federal vs state owned.

>AMA
I have this bump on my pecker...

Are ang units just whatever left over airforce equipment is lying around or does the state determine what equipment you have?

>Posting a natural blonde

I am attracted to some choice blondes, but pretty much every girl ive been with except one or two has been a brunette with nice boobs, ass, or both