How's Jow Forums holding up?

You guys doing alright? I'm doing kinda good myself. I'm trying not to make the same mistakes I made last year. I got a job at my local vet clinic and I'm trying to get a gf. 2018 is better than I expected it to be. I just wanna make sure you fags are okay too.

Attached: same.gif (500x278, 495K)

Doing breddy gud. I got a Danish Krag that was sporterized, but in a very tasteful way, with a fancy fuckin' stock. I plan to slaughter a bear with it this autumn, and if successful I shall christen her "Torbjorn."

Meanwhile I'm taking steps to control my depression and anxiety. The Orthodox Church has been a big help there, and I'm starting to see a more positive future.

That's good to hear. Post pics of the Krag if you can pls
8v )

Actually shits kinda fucked. I rent a room in whats essentially a drug den, and that "room" is the old garage, I just found out that my father who left 15 years ago hung himself in prison a couple months ago, I'm living paycheck to paycheck and still $150 overdrawn, in student debt to a piece of shit commie propaganda university that I don't even have a degree to show for, in fact I've been drifting job to job, I just found a temp position in a factory for the next 3 weeks and have literally no fucking idea what I'll do next, and the first person to ask me if I'm alright in about 4 years is some random fuck on Jow Forums. Honestly if I didn't have my cats to take care of, I would have killed myself a long time ago.

Well just hang in there, user. It's okay to feel lost as long as you are trying to do something about it. I would try to ask about securing a permanent position at said factory, if that's something you're into. I'm glad that you have your battlebuddies though.

Pic No. 1
Can't see it, but barrel is a good 25".

Attached: 20180812_192616.jpg (4032x3024, 3.33M)

Pic No. 2
Like I said, a tasteful sporterizing.

Attached: 20180812_192629.jpg (4032x3024, 3.29M)

Man it looks like it's made of gold lmao. I see why you're keeping the stock.

Thanks chief, I appreciate it.

Life goes in cycles
If you're at your lowest point now, the only way to go is up.

Well, there's also so much that I would need to restore it to original config. Danish Krags had barrel jackets. Pic related.

Gotta say, though, the jewelling on the bolt is top notch, and all the serial numbers match, whatever that's worth on a sporterized rifle.

If I was gonna modify it, I'd get someone to add fancy checkering to the stock, like that fancy oak-leaf stuff.

Attached: 13828589_1.jpg (1200x273, 26K)

Bretty gud. Went to the range yesterday, and pic related was my groupings with a Glock at 20 ft. I'm starting to git gud.
Roman Catholic here. But it never hurts to remind that God is always in control.

Attached: 20180811_170852.jpg (4032x3024, 3.67M)

Sorry to hear it, Jow Forumsomrade. Keep strong and look for hope wherever you can find it.

Keep trudging user. I was in a similar situation a few years ago. Kept my head down and kept grinding. Now I have a wife, a beautiful baby daughter, and I actually have money left over for funs. Just keep on keepin on brother.

True, true. Ortho-Catho bros forever!

Little worried because I'm going to be moving in with my parents for a bit so I can get through my electricians apprenticeship and they live in a noguns town without anywhere to shoot.

Hoping I can find somewhere outside of town .

Chequering can make anything look nice. My M1 has a similar stock, I thought for the longest time that it was a drill rifle of some kind

Attached: m1.jpg (1080x810, 174K)

Having a trade is very noble in this day and age. There's gonna be a shortage of tradesmen in this country (assuming you're an American) one day.
Also if things are really bad, there's nothing wrong with buying a drum of cosmoline

Quite fancy. But given the rich, golden color of my Krag, I'm thinking it might be Myrtle wood, which would be fan-freaking-tastic.

Attached: myrtle blanks.jpg (640x480, 74K)

>Quite fancy
The feet or the gun, user?

Both.

Attached: tumblr_inline_ospdml3T7L1tf6iis_540.gif (277x200, 631K)

I'm doing good. I finally got a job just before my 22nd birthday and I'm finally making some money, and in a few months, I'll buy a PVS-14. I'd like to get there quicker and I'd like to have a little better control of my blood glucose, but for now I'll take my blessings and work on my curses. So I'll be looking forward to the day when I can get a 14, or a Mod3 Monocular... Someday I want to get a dual, but I'm guessing that I might just go to a bridge adapter rather than a dedicated dual... In the meantime, I like my job, even if the pay isn't that large.

Attached: AHHHH.png (612x421, 202K)

No new funs, but almost a year into a relationship with a girl, no kids, has guns before we met, like to hunt, hot, and has a good job, and she is somehow madly in love with me.

Well if you like your job, then working is part of your pay. As long as you're fulfilled.

Keep her

Thanks m8. Honestly I like my prospects, I just can't wait until I can move out again and build my own house.

>most of the pain after wisdom teeth extraction vanished overnight
>got an Ithaca M37 today
>got compliments at the range about my Anschutz and got decent groups with it

Attached: 1388019590529.jpg (222x227, 9K)

post Ithaca pls

see I thought I'd prefer a shorter trench gun-ish config but in the end I really like that one too.

based leaf long boi

>easy wisdom tooth extraction

Feels great, I remember literally no pain from mine and was eating solid foods that night.

Probably makes up for the nightmares I had as a child from getting teeth pulled under local anesthesia where I had the sensation of the dentist cracking the teeth in half to extract them without actual pain.

Bought a Luger and I’m headed off to collage for the year. Wooo

>smoked for 5 years
>switched to dip
>dipped for 2 years or so
>quit all nicotine last Feb.
>craving cigs and dip erry day
Fuck

Pretty good. Planning on proposing to my gf before we hit our 4 year anniversary. Job is alright, I don't love it but it's stable and pays the bills. GF runs her family business so there's a decent chance I'll be doing some stuff there after we get married.

Currently trying to pass the last part of the CPA exam, failed it last quarter.

Attached: 1506843012456.png (955x585, 513K)

are you the same user that has been posting these threads?

I dunno man this year has been pretty good but had some shit parts too, I guess it all evens out in the end.

Attached: 1533999644544.png (1400x3572, 2.6M)

Stay strong user. Chewing gum helps a lot.

Good luck on your proposal. Are you sure you wanna be an accountant tho? My dad's a CPA and he's worked every day of my life. He's miserable too.
This is the first thread I've made in awhile, so no

Based Skyking reference. Post the link to his vid if you have it. It's unlisted on his channel.

>finished college
>applied to over 200 jobs until some entry level call center job took me
>bored shitless everyday
>not good enough at job to see myself getting promoted any time soon
>make enough to not be living paycheck to paycheck, but not so much that I have disposable income for guns
>too autistic for friends or gf
>work such an odd shift with days that are constantly changing, that I couldn't spend time with friends or gf even if I had them
>slowly slipping into existential dread and depression

Attached: 1516258638047.jpg (660x716, 53K)

Doing good OP. Quit my job of working retail after seven years to start a career in driving semi's on the open road across the country. Start at the end of the month with a 5k sign up bonus.finally be able to buy myself a small home with some land. Life is looking good so far

I've come too far to not get my CPA cert. And I don't hate my job or profession, I get to travel the country.

Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough to justify having it, sometimes I make bad parts and other times I have to nag my boss for a task. It's one thing if I'm getting up before six in the morning to get breakfast and get to work on time, but I feel like if I'm not getting enough work or picking up enough information to be autonomous when they need me to, then that's a damn shame, if not a professional risk.

I mean, we got basically my bosses and them alone who can work on the things that are literally THE LIFEBLOOD of our section of the company, AND they're training me, an apprentice who knows how to work the equipment of MY department, but not what I'm looking at when it comes to the equipment for which I'm to provide support, AND my direct supervisor gets called away to another facility of our company in another town just about every day because the fuckhead in charge of a WHOLE DEPARTMENT that is essentially my department, but more technologically advanced and less labor intensvie, is either incompetent or unmotivated, sometimes I'd say both in equal measure. Which often leaves me in search of taskings from the people who perform the company specialty. I make parts for their equipment. but unless the guy above me in the pecking order takes time off his tasking and gives me one, or the head of the department, who's busy working machines whose capacity has been overmatched by the more advanced version of my department comes and gives me one, I basically end up searching for one of the... What? TWO? Jobs that I'm qualified to take autonomously in need of doing. Hell, most people from other departments aren't allowed to give me more jobs because, like I said before, I don't know enough to autonomous yet.

I just hope I can retain the job. Maybe I can complete my apprenticeship early even if I take to everything with gusto. I'm gonna be worth a lot in a few years, but... THAT is later. Too much so to think about.

Attached: fuk.jpg (1500x1864, 511K)

Make friends by learning from your past experiences.
>Hey, I said something at the wrong time
>Hey, I didn't say something when I should have
You just gotta learn how to read signs.
Truck driving sounds awesome, just don't get herpes from some lot lizard
Well at least you like what you're doing, that's what really matters.

>starting second degree next month
>bought two new gats yesterday out of sheer autism
>live 5 minutes from an amazing lgs
>next weekend my friend is committed to buying a saiga, pso and tracksuit and im hopefully picking up another oddball gun or milsurp rifle
On the bad side I'm a mechanic at a slowly dying dealership, but hopefully we can stay in business long enough for me to finish my degree and get the fuck out of there. Fixing other peoples junk sucks.

It's a bit rough.

I'm making good money but working 60+ hour weeks to get it. Planning to move out of California so that one day I have the distant hope of owning the roof over my head.

Then there's my woman. I love her. We've been together many years. She earns more than I do and is being considered for a promotion where she'll be making 100k+ working from home.
She doesn't want to leave CA though. Moreover I've been emptying my wallet every paycheck supporting her, because she's too damn nice for her own good. She throws time and money at all of her suicidal friends who are too incompetent to function in society, while I'm stuck dealing with debt from a year long nightmare where we had to live with these freaks. I feel like I am simply not a priority because I don't threaten to kill myself every day if she doesn't give me money or spend time with me. She needs to cut those people out of her life and they need serious help. On one hand I don't want to leave her (especially if there's a good chance she could get seriously rich and it would benefit me a great deal), but I can't tolerate this abuse much longer.

Sound like an organizational nightmare
Just keep your eyes on the prize then, my dude

Alright folks, I'm gonna head to bed. I hope you all have a good night.

Attached: 1528610440248.jpg (453x358, 20K)

>>that pic
he should've stayed home

Does she listen when you talk to her about it?

>Forgot to mention I'll be buying some new funs after the new job. Have been meaning to replace a Makarov I had sold years ago to pay bills, and have had buying a ptr91 on my mind for the past year.

>She earns more than I do and is being considered for a promotion where she'll be making 100k+ working from home.
What line of work is she in? California salary while being fully remote is the fucking dream, you could move anywhere.

I hate to say it but you need to set some boundaries and guidelines with her, if you're splitting rent and bills you shouldn't have to provide for societal chaff.

>She doesn't want to leave CA though
iktf

I don't know, irritable i guess.
For the last couple of days i've been having this creeping feeling that things aren't right, but i can't place it.
Girlfriend might as well join the MIA list because i don't know anyone that goes on vacation for an upwards of 6 weeks now.
Friends are quitting work so i won't see them any more.
can't afford to see a doctor about my maybe depression just yet, not that i don't have health care i just have a shitty plan.
I think the world i'm stuck in is too small but i can't up and leave, if i thought i was lonely before then being alone in a different state would be fucking ruinous right now.

>lowest point

Attached: tumblr_mbiashHktn1qc0yog.gif (480x221, 471K)

>Girlfriend might as well join the MIA list because i don't know anyone that goes on vacation for an upwards of 6 weeks now.
Yeah that's definitely over. She broke up with you user

My autism is some of that, you're right. But mostly my religious and political views are, lets just say, incredibly archaic. I do not tolerate, or enjoy many things that people my age enjoy. Thus, I am not fun to hang out with. I live in a city full of commiefornia expats, and I have the political and religious views of an 80 year old Orthodox priest who has been living innawoods most of his life.

I'm grown to be the solitary type. I've had my fill working a bar near Georgia state. Plus the stoya fleshlight gives the real thing a run for it's money.

I will say she was poor and it wouldn't be the first time she lost internet for a month, not to mention no phone

Fuck. I know this feel user.

She actually does, and has made some effort to limit her levels of responsibility. She was paying rent for one and even more for crazy pills for the other, both of which she stopped doing.

She does have a sunken cost fallacy mindset though. She invested way too much and isn't willing to to cut ties because these people are unstable enough to genuinely kill themselves. One openly talks about doing a terrorist attack/mass shooting against Republicans (except me apparently). I'm pretty close to calling that guy in and having him 5150'd because his grip on reality is very loose.

She's also moved from a hard no to a maybe stance regarding moving out. I got her to agree to check out Austin TX with me. Sure it's pretty cucked by TX standards but it's a big improvement over San Francisco.
There are boundaries but they do get crossed. Her justification is that it's literally life and death, but honestly at this point I hope these freaks hurry up and an hero themselves (hopefully only themselves). It would make my life much simpler.

I suspect the biggest part of why she wants to stay in CA is because they would an hero without her and she would feel responsible for it.

Look man its crystal clear to me what you should do, you need to be honest how you feel.
Yes that simple, get on an understanding level and make her know youre serious.
She will either listen and go along with you, which could take time so be patient if you really like her, or gtfo.
You cant change someone so just move on with your life, it will be hard, but do what you know will make you happy in the long run.

Things are looking up I'd say. Left my shitty retail job so I now longer go through everyday wishing I was dead. No longer have a random schedule that allows me to actually make plans. Trying to branch out and make some new friends.

Changing gears for my life as a whole. Testing later this month for my EMT certification. About to start volunteering at my local rescue squad. No luck on the gf search yet but I'm pushing forward.

I dunno how I'm really feeling. I hate the feeling of being alone. I believe im expected to get by without a gf and i am doing that, but I want to be feeling better than just getting by. People tell me i put too much stock into relationships, but my thought is that I just want better.
Im working a job I hate but its for my degree that i graduate from in 9 months.
I also feel like i complain too much, and because of that im hesitant to bring up my troubles cause i always get a Hallmark answer that applies to anyone.
Am I asking too much of people?

Attached: 1517415104879.png (750x1334, 1.9M)

Doing okay I guess, can't wait to be able to afford to move out of New Jersey since nearly all the guns I want to own are illegal. Still a kissless virgin at 24, and probably will be alone until I die.

Attached: 1522000695152.png (198x328, 150K)

Doing great, married with a kiddo on the way, and almost done with my .458 SOCOM upper build.

Poor people don't take vacations, get your head out of your ass m8

Fucking high school is coming again man couldn't feel any better there is this chick I want to ask out but kinda nervous.

Attached: lTh7hcF.png (668x716, 431K)

I'm a 23 year old KHV but it turns out that I can actually pull down good grades if I'm taking something that interests me and I might be able to go to law school if I keep it up.

Also, if I want to see my cat, I have to drive back to my old neighborhood and look around for it, because my new apartment doesn't allow outdoor cats.

It's a mixed kind of feel.

fuck off i know it's over
jesus fuck this fucking place is full of too many god damned fatalists and pessimism
I know it's over.

I'm doing ok. Got a job with a small division of a gun brand that Jow Forums loves to hate. Still doing shit retail part time until I can fully pay off my cc bills, then eventually my loans. I don't really have a lot of down time, but it's for the short term I think. Once I get a raise, I can quit shit retail and have some days off.

>jesus fuck this fucking place is full of too many god damned fatalists and pessimism
Isn't that why you came here?

Attached: Jesus with his disciples.jpg (1200x870, 238K)

im well thank you

gf of 6 years died 2 years ago, tried dating a few times but can’t give any fucks about anybody else

I’m borderline alcoholic drinking 6 beers every day and 8 on weekends, work has turned to shit past couple of years and I’m basically working enough to not get fired and enough to keep the lights on at the house and calling out sick the rest to stay home and get drunk

I keep hoping I just won’t wake up every night at this point

I don't know anymore

Attached: 1426713950157.jpg (800x519, 41K)

I haven't actually shot a gun in over a year despite my fairly regular buying of them.

Attached: feinstein asked for a soda.gif (244x230, 424K)

Nigga might actually live seeing as he raised portion of the tank will go over him.

His mates are just attracting too much commotion and that MG will have em all.

that's if the ground decides to hold, could be he gets buried under the dirt at his back

man up faggot

Doing okay, turned 26 last month. Trying to finish out my degree and move out by next may.

Got promoted at work a few weeks ago, found out my little brother is gonna be a dad, my dog decided it doesn't want to eat cats anymore...I'd say things are looking up.

One of the only things that give me a feeling of happiness anymore is shooting guns. And before one of you retards respond with “hehe u r shewtur!!!11!!1!1” I have no desire whatsoever to actively go out and shoot someone, most aren’t worth the bullets. I grew out of my edge lord years for the most part. Aside from that I’m just working on getting as much dough as I can, and wondering what my next gat should be.

Attached: EBF1BC93-2407-41D9-9C05-88BE1C209C17.jpg (184x184, 19K)

>tfw own 23 guns and haven't shot 10 of them

Attached: 1507940484506.jpg (1252x1252, 111K)

I'm so old. I turn 34 soon. I'm an attorney but still live with my parents. I have nothing but regrets. All my friends are married with kids and have no time for me. The closest I've ever had to a girlfriend is a sugar baby stripper. I have declined physically so much it amazes me. I was never an athlete but I'm 50 pounds overweight and have high blood pressure, my eyesite is getting worse. I have nothing to look forward to and nothing to look back on fondly.

I hate my job passionately but would hate losing it even more. It's the only thing I have going for me.

>One of the only things that give me a feeling of happiness anymore is shooting guns

Attached: eGSj6Rq.png (571x515, 63K)

Kill her

You're not alone m8
Going shooting and getting new guns are literally the only things I ever look forward to.

Honestly I don’t know, sliding between good and bad.
Moved back in with the parents for my last semester at college and have my sights on some careers. Unironicly looking at ATF despite the memes since industry consultants would be pretty gud. I’m cut two friends out of my life because I felt I was just being used by them, still kinda working on dealing with that. But work and school starts up soon so that will help I think. Gun wise I’m thinking about replacing my encore with a FAL since it’s too short for me and ejection is a bitch with my .223 barrel.

Attached: D828C451-CAE5-4EBE-81C1-AE7264DFC75B.jpg (576x1024, 73K)

Got dumped today dudes

Feels fucking bad, dated for a year

Not doing bad. Within the span of a week I got my muzzleloader hunting tags, got my doe permit, and a Bond Arms Ranger, because I've already bought all the practical guns I need so fuck it. I'm halfway into a long vacation from work and feeling unusually chill, though, so this post may be unusually sunny.

Attached: RusticDefender.jpg (2000x2000, 506K)

Sorry to hear that friendo

Attached: 1522473025096.gif (200x146, 36K)

Trust me nothing you do in HS matters. You truly dont realize it until you're out of it.
You can do literally anything you want, the only thing thats stopping you is your own insecurities.

Well, I'm not sure. Work is good, and home life is good. I just feel like shit mentally for no reason. No motivation to do anything, even game, and no extra cash for things like the range or even extra ammo.

Its like im still foggy, even after having extra caffiene and sleep and whatnot. I know i have it better than some, at least rent and kids are taken care of, but its just odd.

Doin pretty good, birthday was a few days ago, got some money from parents. Got Arma 0 (cold war assault) and Arma 1 gold edition. They're pretty fun so far

Im in a weird place, this next semester is gonna be hell, have two really hitler classes. work is good. trying to get a gf too, tried tindr and bumble but the girls there are eh. it was my birthday friday, none of my firends said anything...not sure if its because they know I'm not big into birthdays or they just dont care. I dont wanna die in this shithole apartment where my nigger neighbors ask me for money when I take out the trash. got a gun from gunbroker, not sure if the seller will send it through. My life is lukewarm at this point, the forecast isnt looking good

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 7K)

Look user youre only 34 stfu
If you want to live the next 40 to 50 years in regret then continue to bitch and complain.

You live in a first world country right, you can change your health, social class, income, and lifestyle easier then anyone else on Earth.

>But my autism...
Stfu, you have no excuse. Trust me someone has it worse than you.
The sooner you realize all your problems are meaningless the better off you will be.
You can change your life, but not if you're a fucking baby about it.

Happy Birthday, user. Remember that the Lord provides, but you gotta man up and take the first step at going places (which is always the hardest thing to do).

Just be glad you don't live in Venezuela. That helps me through the day.

Have you tried getting off the internet for a few days and just going out side or being alone.
This unironically helped me get motivated enough to pursue more out of life.
I guess I just needed a break from negativity and over stimulus

I honestly dont know. Relationships are complicated at best right now. New coworker likes me a lot. But I'm afraid of pulling the trigger on it because it would close me off to the most perfect woman ive ever met.

I'm a college student who's recently gotten really into guns. I underestimated how much ammo costs.
How long can you survive off of instant Mac and Cheese before malnutrition kills you?

Attached: Great-choke-hold-In-the-Blood.jpg (720x400, 38K)

Pretty good. Relationship with the gf is going really well. I took a few courses over the May-August semester and I did well in both. I've heard the year I'm going into isn't as bad as the one I just finished, so I'm relieved about that. Not much else I could ask for.

I tried some clay shooting over the summer and I really liked it. I'm looking for a semi auto shotgun to get into trap shooting, O/Us are too expensive for how often I'd be shooting it. Right now I'm leaning toward a Beretta A300. Are there any other better options? The A300 looks like a good balance between quality (I haven't seen a bad review of it), and cost.

Cat owners should shoot themselves