Does Jow Forums approve/like any video-game or video-game franchise?

Does Jow Forums approve/like any video-game or video-game franchise?
Which games would receive the Jow Forums seal of approval?

Attached: 1511837299631.jpg (1200x889, 267K)

Red orchestra
rainbow six
arma
insurgency

Squad, too

The original red orchestra and western front mod were the shit

N E W

V
E
G
A
S

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

>Jow Forums approved games
None.
>Games that I as a poster on Jow Forums since 2009 like
SCP: Secret Laboratory
Metal Gear Solid 1
Donkey Kong Country 2
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

Attached: NTF Grenades.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

Ostfront 41-45?

Attached: 2E72204C-AF7B-4B00-9CE5-1C920FC09C44.gif (500x282, 483K)

Hell yea, ostfront is the base game set on the eastern front, finest hour is a free mod for the west. Both are fantastic, idk if there's an active player base anymore though.

Wargame: Red Dragon
Command

Call of duty modern warefare 2

How new are you?

Attached: -k- approved Games.jpg (409x1023, 100K)

SWAT, MGS, and Ace Combat

Unironically the best CoD before it all started falling apart.

>Any fallout pre-fallout 4 (except tactics)
>ps2(or Xbox equiv) era Medal of Honor and Call of duty
>red dead redemption
>red dead revolver
>stalker
>metro

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Attached: 1517123585511.jpg (450x450, 38K)

uhhhhhhhhhh

Attached: sao-fatal-bullet-title.jpg (1600x900, 85K)

The Close Combat series is still very entertaining if top-down small unit tactics interest you. They're currently working on a new one with their first 3D engine.

Attached: file.png (1280x1024, 2.65M)

Ultimate General: Civil War is good as well. Kind of a mix between Close Combat and Total War.

Attached: CYYzP5YPWGGD6CJNTEaNsL.jpg (1920x1080, 834K)

Red Orchestra (Tank maps)
Call of Duty: United Offensive

pub g (mobile)
red dead series
forza motorsports 4

pretty much it. battlefield at least is aesthetic

Good game but awful community, and populated servers are shrinking quick.

Amen.

Attached: Gib rice, Charles.png (1106x677, 325K)

Insurgency is free on Steam right now.

Would be better if people who vote Resort actually knew how to fly.

World at War was the best, but ok

Attached: 1509393819462.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

>health regen
CoD 1 and 2 were peak CoD.

How dare you diss tactics but not 3

Monster Hunter

What's with this recent influx of /v/ threads?

Splatoon 2 is pretty much if Jow Forums made a society based on combat.

A lot of people on Jow Forums are noguns who love weaponry and military topics, and video games are the closest thing they have to actually operating weapons. As such, the recent influx of younger, less experienced posters to Jow Forums as a whole means that these threads gain more traction.

What shotgun is that

This

Attached: 8AD29449-78DA-4301-BBC6-18953E366F01.png (1162x850, 85K)

>no pic related
How new are you?

Attached: image.jpg (325x318, 135K)

Jagged Alliance 2 1.13

Ass Goblins of Auschwitz

I'm looking forward to Fo76, despite what everyone is saying, i'll take this over another playthrough of fallout 4

I can see why one might be tempted to consider this game Jow Forums but it really isn't given the fact that the weapons in it are not realistic, gameplay is not realistic, story is not realistic, characters are not realistic, gunplay is not realistic, etc

If this game can be considered Jow Forums then literally every shooter that ever was and ever will be can also be considered Jow Forums

Attached: 1532280221242.jpg (800x791, 142K)

>Delta Force 2
Based.

New Vegas is the only good Fallout game in the last 18 years.

>Has to be realistic guns
>Slippery slope makes game not Jow Forums
Newfag detected. Hasn’t actually played Doom.

Attached: image.jpg (868x896, 311K)

Escape from Tarkov

>a zombieman accidentally shoots you, violating your NAP

Attached: laughing friend.png (846x900, 448K)

Too much like an action movie imo fun game but WaW, BO1, and MW1 have it beat imo

Dunno how Jow Forums they really are but my favorite "k" games that impressed me are
>Battlefield Bad Company 2
>Insurgency
>Rising Storm
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (especially with mods)
>Fallout New Vegas (pretty much AnCapistan)
>America's Army
>Red Orchestra

good ol infighting
DOOM 2's Tricks and Traps level is fucking godly for this reason

MGS V is still really Jow Forums

Cold War sniki briki

Gun customization is fun

Probably one of the first games we all played as children. Again brainlet. If Doom is Jow Forums then pretty much every single first person shooter out there is Jow Forums making this thread redundant.

There were actual Jow Forums games even during the time Doom came out. You'd know if you weren't such a child minded brainlet normie.

Attached: 1531154942254m.jpg (1024x796, 92K)

One of the best tacticool shooters out there. Though the maps are pretty big, I'd like it if we had more open field maps. Every engagement happens under 50 yards for the most part. For close quarter tacticooling nothing beats Tarkov in my opinion.

For long distance engagements and more realistic militaria... The Arma games.

oh shit that's great news... my dad is a huge fan of close combat. Hope they keep it similar, he's near 70 and its getting harder for him to catch on the newer games.

Borderlands. Dakka for dakka's sake.

They're all old, shitty, betas, or Fallout. Stalker was all four.

Parasite Eve 1 and 2 (3 is a dumpster fire, avoid it)
Rainbow Six, especially the PS1/PS2 games
Medal of Honor, but only the PS1 and PS2 games

Attached: gelbooru_403906_de7cc314de0a86790f2ce5beed07febf.jpg (700x922, 533K)

>Which games would receive the Jow Forums seal of approval?
galaxians best sound

Delta Force 1/2
>MASSIVE maps for its time
>first FPS which didn't take place in 30m long corridors, you can literally kill people from a mile away
>first game to feature bullet drop
It's a shame how much that franchise tanked after BHD but 20 years ago it felt like the greatest game ever made.

>former marine
>realizes hell is trying to take over and wreck shit
>NotOnMyEarthYouDont.jpg
>gathers his favorite funs
>Let’s not turn this rape into a murder
>turns the rape into a murder
>Destroys demons that escaped, then goes into hell to kick hell’s ass again
>does it all for the love of gun and killing
Doomguy sits at the right hand of the murder Jow Forumsube as the herald of weapon related ass-fuckery. It doesn’t have to be autistically realistic. At least half of the games in the original image aren’t. Doom is inherently Jow Forums related.

Attached: image.jpg (708x708, 227K)

Squad
Insurgency
Day of Infamy
Red Orchestra 2
Verdun/Tannenburg
maybe tarkov, idk yet.

Pillars:Deadfire
>For certain reasons

Attached: tumblr_oumozo6FnC1th4lxso1_1280.jpg (1155x1307, 140K)

While video games are very fun they are very addictive and real life is more rewarding with some effort.

Yes but what part of real life can many of us afford?

Okay so every shooter that has ever come out is Jow Forums related then. At least by your logic.

We can throw in Halo, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto... Etc

So basically any vidyea ever with a gun is Jow Forums so the thread is redundant and it should not be here but on /v/

>ignores the entire story motivation for Doomguy being Jow Forums related and the game being Jow Forums related
>uses simplistic faggoty slippery slope to apply games that aren’t discussed for sake of sounding competent
Peak summerfag

Attached: image.jpg (417x507, 207K)

Look into IW4X, it's a free mod with dedicated servers.

Silent Storm is criminally underrated

Attached: ss_35fd5bb42739f8c46c3cdd17905601d03de899cd.jpg (1920x1080, 600K)

CS up to 1.6
Debate me.

Attached: counter strike free download 1.4 version.jpg (400x300, 55K)

I can't

1.6 was my childhood. Everything from 5v5 games to WC3 mods. I wish i could go back.

Mine too. But most importantly, it was forcing players to join, make clans, train, matches, all that shit...
And I think it was the first game where gun animations & behavior ware close to realism. I still remember USP mechanics.
Hard-coded crosshair that forced to get skilled.
Not to mention game had modeling comunity with models so gould they're still better than in some modern games.

Jow Forums cant into video games, so there is no point in asking them

Attached: 1515974231896.gif (150x135, 498K)

Played the fuck out of Delta Force Blacl Hawk Down. Those were the days. Fighting through Mogadishu like in the movie. So based.

>ctrl-f Ghost Recon
>no results found
c'mon step it up

I actually don't like the twitch shooter bullshit of CoD and Battlefield but I love CS. it's just faster paced and way more skill oriented.

Attached: Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Desert-Siege-PC.jpg (1600x1200, 135K)

Damn WC3 and cs 1.6. I want to go back so bad.

CoD 2 definitely had health regen.
Perhaps you were thinking of CoD:United Offensive?

What was good in this game from Jow Forums perspective:
Clear command chain - Commander talks to squad leaders, squad leaders talk to squadmates. Very efficient.

You could NAME your squad. That means teamplay gamers could join squads named like TP-Alfa or Teamplay1. EA fags had to take it out... Those squads owned (next to clan gamers off course) and ware pulling some cool tactical shit, like sneaking into enemy vehicle base, or taking a helicopter and flying in it all round larping as helicopter snipers, indestructable with 2 engies repairing.

Yeah maybe. Health Regen and infinite enemy respawns is the cancer that killed FPS

forgot pic

Attached: 4332e724493703.5604a42dc32a8 (1).jpg (600x849, 301K)

so what makes a game Jow Forums?
all im seeing is casual as fuck games, overrated games, tacticool shit and anons personal favourite shooting games.
at least i havent seen some mad gay shit like SQUAD or ARMA posted

Attached: 1516829815057.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

This user gets it
JA2 1.13 is objectively the most Jow Forumsommando game ever made. Fight me on this.

Attached: 1529528238434.jpg (526x842, 102K)

Vanilla JA2 is best, fite me irl!

Realism, gun customization, Realism, loading magizines, Realism, different ammo types, Realism, ect.

>gun customisation
>loading magazines
>different ammo types
based as fuck, more games need these features
>realism
can be either really shitty or really good but most "realistic" games tend to be shit

Attached: MAGIC MISSLE.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

Darkest Hour still has an active playerbase, you just have to be on at the right time, they fucked with the formula though and tried to turn it into Squad which ruined it in my opinion. It was so damn good

>Fight me on this
Not really, but
Kinda has a point. It's just easier to jump into without messing with fuckhueg ini files first and whatnot. That being said both are seriously awesome on their own merit. I just wish there'd be a way to get the UB guns into Vanilla...

>most "realistic" games tend to be shit
This absolutely. Games aren't a mirror of reality, they have to be different in order to function at their given role - to be entertainment. However, the degree of which is the question here.

Forgotten Hope: Secret Weapons is very nice for anyone who likes crazy WWII prototypes and rare vehicles. along with the classics we know and love.
Game is dated and not very realistic, but very fun.
No other game allows you to crawl on the wing of a TB3 bomber mid flight to perform essential repairs after said wing has been shot to shit by cannon fire from a FW190, while the battlefield below rages with tanks,artillery and infantry, all controlled by real players.

Anyone playing Ground Branch now that it's available in EA? How's it run?

This is why games like squad, arma and insurgency are popular here. Closer to realism than most games but still in the fun parameters.

what mods do you recommend for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? I've played through it a couple of times now but its starting to get stale

>real life is more rewarding
When will this meme die?

Attached: Escapism.jpg (946x341, 115K)

It wont because it isn't a meme.

Is that mod still alive? Haven't booted up 1942 in forever

>no hoi3 BICE
you are all expelled from the generalstab

Attached: CTI3ypk.jpg (1600x1000, 567K)

Tbh I was only able to play it when I was like 14, today I don't understand how to draw a frontline and shit in that game.

Red Orchestra 2, Insurgency, Day of Infamy, Squad, S.T.A.L.K.E.R

while 2142 wasn't a bad bf game it showed that DICE had no creativity and only reason BF1942 was popular was it was basically playing WW2 with toy soilders and required no asthetic/design. BF2 even had a shit asthetic it was a copy of Desert Combat a 1942 mod that had way more asthetic and design and things like suicide bombers and fighting actual Iraqis and shit.

Idk, the mothership attacking game mode in 2142 was very fun at the time and was a unique twist on the capture the point gameplay before it.

The old Halo games. 4/5 are absolute shit.

>nobody said DCS yet

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

Silent Storm still has some of the best destruction in any game ever.
>when you hear footsteps in the hallway so you just spray MG fire through the wall until they stop
>when you have to assassinate a guy on the top floor but he's heavily guarded and there's nowhere to snipe him from, so you just blow up the floor beneath him