Name a better US firearms manufacturer. I'll wait

Name a better US firearms manufacturer. I'll wait.

Attached: Smith_&_Wesson_Logo_New.png (220x93, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chuckhawks.com/smith-wesson_dark.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Name a better US firearms manufacturer. I'll wait.
How long was the wait?

Attached: Ruger.jpg (300x300, 19K)

This guy gets it

i will never forgive smith for lock faggotry or the sigma line of pistols.

M&P line is good enough though.

stronkest guns for the money, mad respect

>fpbp
>OP BTFO

Attached: 1488914625132.png (785x757, 121K)

Colt you faggot

Like a phoenix that rose from the ashes.

winchester
ruger is a close second

As much as I love S&W, you're right.

No. S&W is definitely a better company than Colt.

Winchester is DEEEEAAAD

Man oh man, I sure love dem Ruger triggers and aesthetics.

Oh wait...

I'd rather buy a Colt 1911 than a S&W 1911

It may be Glock's slogan but Ruger started perfection while Gaston was still figuring out how to make curtain rod rings.

Attached: Ruger P85.png (2000x1500, 2.74M)

Ruger cant even make a proper glock clone lmao

>Hillary holes
>horrible QC

yeah shit and wesson is great.

they still make their shit guns with hillary holes to this day.

Windham

for a dead company they sure do make a lot of guns.

You're just some poor summer fag. You can't comprehend the utter genius it takes to scaled down a .308 rifle to .223 and then back up to .308

The masses weren't ready for it though, so it was never released.

Attached: Ruger XGI.png (1100x713, 1.37M)

Too bad the triggers on those pistols are absolute garbage.

>t. manlet with short, sausage fingers that can't handle a simple 12# DA pull

Figures.

Attached: Ruger P345.jpg (3280x2460, 1.14M)

As based as the company is now, I can never in good conscience support Bill Ruger's legacy, at least as long as the type of gun-control he created is still around.

Before any of you Ruger fanboys start that I am spiteful, understand that Bill Ruger literally wrote the first few assault weapon bans and had a hand in almost all early bans. All AWB use his formula of banning cosmetic features. By using his name, they are showing they support his message.

If they really wanted to show that they don't support his political position, Sturm Ruger would start going by Sturm Firearms.

Before you post that they are not like that now, answer me this: What should we do about Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms or Daniel Defense?

I'd rather CCW a Hi Point C9 than buy S&W

>Blah blah blah I was in diapers when the AWB was around but I read Bill Ruger was a bad man so I won't ever buy their awesome guns

And nobody will miss your invaluable opinion, either

>Bill Fudd Ruger is dead
>AWB is dead
>Ruger produces AR-15's and a PCC now

Everything you wrote is null and void.

I really like the look of the SR9C, but jesus fucking christ, all the lettering, warnings, and safety shit just ruins the lines of that gun.

Attached: ry.jpg (2597x2008, 163K)

Bill Ruger may be dead but his legacy is not.
AWB still exist, just ask anybody from California or New Jersey (two states he literally wrote their first bans)
This is about showing companies that we will not stand for them supporting gun control in order to obtain short term profit boosts.

Also I am an oldfuck (might be why I am so cranky). Might just be you Zoomers only car about getting a cheap gun to mag dump into the berm at the range and don't care about how the company obtained the ability to make such cheap guns.

>38861514
fuck off jidf

Not even remotely close

Muh Hillary holesssss!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*

Attached: Hi-Point-logo.png (240x80, 13K)

Or it never worked.

TheRuger XGIis asemi-automatic riflechambered in.308 Winchesteror.243 Winchester. The XGI's function and aesthetics are influenced by theRuger Mini-14, only sized up to the larger, more powerful .308 and .243 calibers. Although it was advertised in 1984–1985, it never entered production due to unresolved mechanical and production issues.[1]

Ill never forgive them for discontinuing the 3rd gen autoloaders

Get over it. Every single US manufacturer that was around at that time threw 2A under the bus in some fashion or another. People argue Ruger did it to save his own ass from something worse and other people argue it was because he truly didn't believe in 10+ rd magazines.

>If they really wanted to show that they don't support his political position, Sturm Ruger would start going by Sturm Firearms.
They're a business trying to stay in business. Despite the stigma YOU and a small number of people attach to the name Ruger it would do a ton more damage to change the company name to Sturm.

Lest you forget they're a publicly traded company with a board too. If they wanna piss off their shareholders then yeah, go ahead, change the name and throw away a much longer and much more impactful legacy than when an old fart said some dumb shit the company has long since obviously made up for.

>Before you post that they are not like that now, answer me this: What should we do about Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms or Daniel Defense?
Handle them differently. Wait for them to make up for it. DD for one walked back their statement about supporting a dumb bill almost IMMEDIATELY. These are the same people that also were trying to get commercial ad time during the Super Bowl to push AR-15 sales and he says something stupid and they're the worst ever? Nothing else they ever did is worth redemption or a reconsideration?

As for SA and RRA they can go fuck off anyway. They gave money to anti-gun IL legislators since 2012. They specifically made sure they got a carve out and any other FFL short of big boys like Academy or Bass Pro would get severely fucked.

If this was 94 and Ruger said those things I'd probably say fuck em. But it's 2018, Bill is long dead. They sell 30rd mags, ARs, they release a new gun almost weekly, they've pushed the NSSF on their front page, they are very quick to voice support against gun control. It's been 24 years: they're redeemed. Get over it.

Why would a ruger nigger call someone else poor?

Same here. They are better than m&p in every way.

I dream of a 4th gen that basically looks like a metal-framed, hammer-fired M&P and takes the same magazines.

It'll never ever happen, but I can dream. Hell, I would compromise and accept a polymer frame... but I'd rather have steel, aluminum, alloy and/or SCANDIUM options...

hi-point kicks ass. They don't care what anyone thinks, they just keep doing their thing.

In 300 years, when the next AWB passes, they will be ready with the exact same featureless 10 round pistol caliber carbines.

Now now user, we don't let facts get in the way of our petty grudges.

Hi point is just being the best little hi point they can be.

Plus, GOD TIER warranty.

That being said, Ruger

But that's like all you can buy from Colt.

>his legacy is not
So the fuck what? You sound like one of those queers that whines about how white people need to apologize for colonialism. The people currently in charge of Ruger had nothing to do with that shit.

I unironically want a 1cm carbine with this stock

Attached: 280F3501-6A32-4551-81A6-D8E46EBAEDA1.jpg (4032x3024, 757K)

>The people currently in charge of Ruger had nothing to do with that shit.
This.

They have god-tier warranty and great CS, they make almost every last part for every gun in America, most of it they make entirely in-house, too. No one disputes the best .22LR pistols and rifles come from Ruger and the aftermarket is there to prove it. Their other rifles, both bolt action and semi-auto and their pistols may not be the most popular designs nowadays but they're all solid in reliability. Even the ugly-ass old P-series would eat anything you threw at it. Want a revolver? Every person will tell you go either Ruger or S&W but it's mostly down to personal preference. They make a badass bolt action, the RPR, for cheap for what it is. They make a solid semi-auto pistol, the Security 9 for $300. They make standard cap mags for practically everything, even bolt-actions. Hell, they even make suppressors now.

If Bill Ruger truly believed the things he said in the 90's then the people running his company today have his corpse hooked up to one of their barrel making machines since he's turning so damned much in his grave.

>t. Ruger fanboy

Confirmed noguns. Every one of these I have handled had a very nice trigger.

Attached: lmt logo.png (1200x482, 34K)

Huh? The Ruger Pxx pistols sure had heavy DA triggers but they were decent. Single action is probably 5lbs give or take but nice and crisp, good reset too. At least the two I have shot: a P85 my friend owns and the P89 I own.

Can someone explain to me why you guys are considering arguably the most retarded firearms company in the US to be the greatest?

user, maybe you should be asking if you're the retarded one here.

>I can never in good conscience support Bill Ruger's legacy
You know they take a big fat shit on the worst of his legacy, right?

Ruger makes mediocre guns at mediocre prices. Why are they "great"?

>winchester
>American

Attached: 1450273423123.jpg (384x404, 20K)

I forgive Ruger for Bill Ruger because after he died the started making scary salt sniper guns

I will not forgive Smith until they get rid of Hillary Holes and start calling their M&P line "militia and police" instead of badge licking "military and police" - Calling their AR15 a military and police firearm reveals their stance on gun control.

Any gun you buy from Ruger will absolutely work and be priced fairly and marketed honestly, which is more than what can be said for some manufacturers (Smith Sigma series pistols, Springfield's business model as a whole is based on misleading customers, Kimber will sell you a mass produced pistol with a handmade pistol's price tag with a straight face, KelTech reliability to price ratio is shameful, Sig lieing about issues with their firearms repeatedly, and Taurus selling display quality firearms all come to mind). It is up to the consumer to choose the features they want in their firearm, at least Ruger usually won't lie to you or sell you a gun that doesn't work.

Attached: 1529111707317.jpg (1124x1024, 183K)

First post best post.

Ever been fucked harder OP?

Okay.

Attached: tuFM7TY7_400x400.jpg (400x400, 7K)

>buying American handguns
>ever
wew lad.
closest I'd get to buying an American handgun is buying a US made Glock or FN.

rifles seem to be hit or miss sans for AR15's

>Ruger makes mediocre guns at mediocre prices. Why are they "great"?
Because they arguably have the best track record in reliability. They are definitely NOT mediocre prices and you're delusional for thinking so. Maybe, just MAYBE their MSRP is "mediocre" but everyone sells them for much less anyway.

I'll give it to you that the Mini-14 is overpriced, especially the mags (although it's undeniably fun). But name any other Ruger firearm that is not worth the money if not more than what you can actually find it being sold for.

10/22: best semi-auto 22LR rifle on the market, can be found new for $200
Mark X series: best semi-auto 22LR pistol on the market, can be found new for $300
Security 9: solid semi-auto carry 9, can be found new for $300
LCP II: most popular pocket .380, can be found new for $250
AR-556: solid AR, can be found new for $550, sometimes less with sales
SR1911: solid 1911 with features, can be found new for less than $700
RPR: shoots like a rifle twice it's price, can be had new for under $1,100 in 6.5 mememoor

I could keep going on with LCR, GP100, their single actions, other bolt actions, past guns as well. If you don't like 'em, that's fine, people prefer Marlins, M&Ps, Savages, Glock 42s, etc. but to deny they make reliable, accurate, well performing firearms with good QC at a discount is insane. You see people complaining about Kimbers breaking, Sigs rusting, feeding issues in Remingtons, but you scarcely hear about much of that ever happening with Rugers. Oh, it does, but it does with everyone, just not as much with them.

>not buying American
I bet you buy Nip or German cars too, faggot

S&W is run by yankee union asshats.

chuckhawks.com/smith-wesson_dark.htm

Ruger's fallen into the trap where the first production or so have glaring issues, but they fix them in the second run or model. See the Mark IV safety recall and the LCP to LCP II.

Once they're ironed out the kinks, Rugers are solid products, and that's before taking the price into account.

made me pay shipping to and from for repair because I got a rifle they welded the front site on canted.

Preach nigga. Ruger is the most honest gun manufacturer I know of, their business model is based on producing durable & reliable firearms at prices no domestic company can compete with.

I agree the Mini 14 has no advantages over an AR15 for those of us in free states but at least Ruger doesn't market as something it is not. "Here is a gun, it looks like an M14 but shoots .223, MSRP is 1k and mags will cost extra but at least we made it out of quality components" -Ruger probably

I drive a 2003 7.3 Ford Excursion :^)

Winchester makes absolutely nothing themselves, they're an importer that rebrands.
>rifles are made all over the world (Japan, Portugal, Belgium, Brazil)
>shotguns are made in Turkey or Japan

>best track record for reliability
LMAO

Nigger, Bill Ruger died before you were in middle school and the company did a total 180 before you could drive.

That's like holding the Netherlands responsible today for bringing niggers to Haiti 400 years ago.

>That's like holding the Netherlands responsible today for bringing niggers to Haiti 400 years ago.
I think you turned the flag wrong way round.

How do they make guns in japan when theyre virtually banned in japan? what kind of licensing do they have to have? must be piles and piles of paperwork and special forms.

>S&W
They make probably the overall best sttriker-fired, polymer-framed pistols around. Not that that is saying much, seeing as I don't actually care for striker pistols.

Ruger makes a better revolver, 1911 and AR.

about 2 minutes

Browning, Ruger, Winchester, Dakota Arms, Shiloh, etc etc etc.

>How do they make guns in japan when theyre virtually banned in japan?
For one, civvy laws don't apply to gun manufacturers. Can't own "military calibers" in Germany (e.g. 5.56x45) but H&K makes tons of 5.56 rifles obviously. Regardless, much of what Japan produces are O/U shotguns, chiefly by Miroku and a few others have rebranded Miroku shotguns including Browning and Charles Daly. FWIW double barrel shotguns are pretty much the only thing you can legally own in Japan, although there's a lot you have to do to be allowed to own and shoot one there.

>1911
S&W makes good 1911s, but they're too pricey. Plus they use the external extractor which isn't purist and most of their 1911s use the fish-scale serrations... also not purist. That being said, the SW1911SC is probably the only Commander 1911 I've ever really wanted.

Ruger though is really the best 1911 choice under $1k nowadays. Sig is Sig, plus they're series 80 (so is Colt), external extractor, dumb slide shape (yeah I know they have the traditional ones). Springfield is just a no for everything ever but they used to be a good go-to. RIA is too hit-or-miss, for everyone that says their's works great someone else says it's trash that can't go through one mag. There's a few others like Thompson and Taylor's (Armscor) but again, they tend to be hit-or-miss quality.

Attached: SW1911SC E-Series.jpg (777x545, 71K)

Winchester doesn't manufacture shit these days buddy

>Browning
Made in Rising Sun Land out of god-tier mirron furd steel

>Mauser
Highly crafted hunting rifles

>mfw burgertards ain’t shit

Attached: 211FC961-BBA3-4E99-A702-E3B7DFDB6565.jpg (310x279, 36K)

That's patently false

There is so much bullshit in this post, nevermind the whole concept of boycotting the company because they carry the man's name.

Ruger didn't write the AWB, nor did he come up with the idea of banning cosmetic features. What he did was suggest a 15 round magazine capacity limit INSTEAD of the ban on features and models, which the Dems included on top of everything else, reducing it to 10. Then of course he hopped on board with his famous "no honest man needs more than 10 rounds" line. Nevertheless he didn't write shit.

Unironically this

Attached: IMG_20180802_175458294_HDR.jpg (4000x3000, 3.02M)

>Bill Ruger suggests 15 round limit instead of all else
>Then says no one needs more than 10
It's the second half that is the only half people remember.

We can glean whatever we can, best when we have the whole picture. I heard those things a while back and got the idea that he was just trying to get them to stop from going EVEN further once he realized he may have just given them a very bad idea to run with.

There's no way Ruger supported ten rounds. He sold Mini-14 with 30 round magazines for several years before and up to the AWB. His company was nearly a decade into selling their P-series line of 15-round semi-autos (with extended magazines) plus carbines that accepted those magazines. They knew all of these firearms did very well for them: just look at the serial number ranges on their website and you can see how many were made in the years since production and up to 1994.

He said one thing, but I think he meant something else. That's just how I interpret history.

I think whichever way you look at it that it's a very idiotic and stubborn POV to cast off a company like that when they're clearly NOT about the ideology that Bill Ruger may have very well said from the heart... or not.

I like Ruger guns but they're aesthetics can be pretty hit or miss sometimes.
>P-series
Dog ugly...
>Red Label
Classy!
>American Pistol
Why God?
>SR9
Clean lines!
>LCP II
Barf
>Security 9
Much better.

Oh, and their triggers? They're not bad at all. Not the best in the world, but far from the worst. Some can be pretty good too.

Attached: Mini-14-223-a-team.jpg (720x480, 43K)

Was their first also their best?

Attached: Security Six.jpg (600x354, 24K)

I love my Security Six so much... almost ended up with a GP100 kind of glad I didn't though.

Attached: Well it looks like my S6....jpg (600x247, 30K)

>Winchester
They're dead

The Security Six series had awful DA triggers.

I'd actually say they license manufacturing rather than rebrand. The designs are their own whereas something like a Weatherby Vanguard is actually a rebranded Howa design.