Someone redpill me on this rifle

Someone redpill me on this rifle

Attached: Cetme_C.jpg (780x288, 44K)

the older Spanish sister of the greatest Cold War battle rifle

/thread

CETME? Unless it's a legit rifle built by the Spaniards back in the day, don't bother. It'll more than likely be Century trash.

If you want a delayed blow back battle rifle, look at PTR rifles. Or if you have some more money to bow, look at HK91's.

Ive heard of people Frankensteining cetme and hk parts together. Don't know how reliable.l, nobody important died.

thats a very weird fal user

Most HK91s I’ve seen are actually rougher than all the PTRs I’ve seen, I know the PTRs are new but I mean stuff like having 12 pound triggers, and generally just being more clapped out. It does say HK on the side though.

They were good rifles but Century chimps fucked them up. Buy a PTR unless you like fixing stupid problems.

wide handguard makes it sexy

Attached: c.jpg (1390x782, 504K)

> G3 is the best cold war battle rifle
It was the German's 4th choice

>50 shades of green
not that I would know anything about that

Attached: 50shadesofgreen.jpg (1346x962, 494K)

it still ended up being the best

of course they'd rather use an existing and proven design

the FALs sorta antiquated and worse in every aspect apart from the more traditional bolt and slightly less recoil

>Ive heard of people Frankensteining cetme and hk parts together. Don't know how reliable.l, nobody important died.

Yeah, I'm one of the people that did that. I rebuilt a PoS Century CETME using a handful of HK parts. Specially the bolt head, main spring, and collapsing stock. The G3 and the CETME are very close, so much so that most parts are common save the furniture and the sights. I did a number of repairs and adjustments to it and now it runs like a top now.

Those curved magazines are fucking sexy.

>worse in every aspect
>what is ergos
>what is manual of arms
>what is accessories and aftermarket
>what is replaceable parts

Try replacing a barrel on a CETME/G3 and then tell me the FAL is worse.

oh and I forgot to add
>suppressable easily thanks to adjustable gas system
>adjustable gas system allows for shooting of underpowered cartridges

11/10
Would hot glue.
The wide OD green hanguards and firniture is the ONLY legit way to have an hk91 clone

>Tilting bolt makes for poorer than AK moa
FALs are nice historical pieces but their practicality is limited especially if you want a dmr option

This. The FAL is less than the sum of its parts; its excellent handling and manual of arms would've been much better suited to a shorter, lighter, slimmer rifle in an intermediate cartridge. Burdening the good design with a 21 inch barrel and archaic full powered cartridge leads to a rifle that can't take full advantage of any of its positive qualities.

Cetme Frankensteiner here. Love it. Not a century built. Custom built on a PTR receiver.

Attached: 20180814_113340.jpg (2139x1919, 3.76M)

Fellow frankencetme user but with early century cast receiver CETME. Can’t have Spanish battle rifle without Spanish battle pupper (bichon frise).

Attached: 57B7C493-278C-45F0-B9E6-A3099C555BE2.jpg (3264x2448, 2.07M)

I'm without a 4 legged companion. I had a cat whom treated me like we were married. But she passed away 3 months shy to her 21st birthday. Nice doggo.

Attached: 20180814_114524.jpg (2372x1640, 3.77M)

>arguing over which outdated obsolete rifle is better

Get with the times, gramps

Attached: 1533423382586.png (638x557, 82K)

Awww sorry to hear ‘bout cat but that is damn old for a cat. Good many years there. Also nice choice in furniture material.

FAL

Sorry about your catfu.
Once they get old enough to drink, it's all downhill.

After WW2 Germans were feeling good and basically went around the world using other nation's resources to create tech they didn't fully develop during the war

Some Germans weren't cool enough for rockets or jet engines so they went to fuck Spanish girls instead and made the CETME

>madmen actually made a full auto rifle with an effective range of 1000m
>told to fuck off and to redo the entire gun

Attached: 1512076117927.jpg (231x290, 15K)

I’m new to the C308, and the C308 I just bought came with the polymer furniture. If I get the original CETME wood furniture, can the wood buttstock be switched out on the polymer one that has the recoil rod assembly attached to it?

Well, I went into the mountains after it rained. I had to swim through 5' tall grass. The water weathered ger furniture. I'm thinking about boiled linseed oil. Thoughts?

Get the entire rear assembly. The c308s I have handled had G3 style rear assemblies. The recoil buffer assembly that is inside the stock is different location(angle?) between the two so you can’t switch just the stock.

I feel like they made those cartridges as a really nerdy way of saying "Fuck you" because the request was ridiculous. There is no way they thought aluminum 7.62 would be practical.

Not sure for linseed oil finish on these. I have not gotten around to refinishing my wood furniture. CETME armorer’s kit I got came with new furniture inside it so I never felt urge to redo the old ones I have.

The PTR 91 GI is a dcent value for money. Built off of actual H&K molds and machinery.

bonus points for how comically hard/far it slings brass.