Knives

Seriously is this a joke or it useful. Also knife thread!

Attached: 31-3l7kRNuL._AC_SY400_.jpg (485x237, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puukko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you like carving wooden spoons then yes. Even if I did get one of those at least I'd get the full tang version.

No, Moras are not a joke. There's good reason behind the "just get a mora" saying that has become a meme on /out/.

A standard Mora Companion like the one in your pic will give you a fine knife for little money. You'll avoid gimmicks and tacticool bullshit and get a very practical and comfortable tool for all kinds of normal knife work. Weather you should get a stainless or a carbon steel one is up to your preferences. As I live close to the coast and with plenty of rainfall year around (and because I wan't a Mora as a knife I can use and abuse without much maintenance) I'd personally get a stainless.

No Knives manlet
when will summer end?

very useful, very light
my dad has one of the cheaper stainless knives

Attached: DSCN2124.jpg (2272x1704, 980K)

What are you talking about. I just don't know much about moras.

Attached: MVIMG_20180814_132323.jpg (3024x3075, 1.9M)

>Seriously is this a joke or it useful.
Morakniv, the official knife of the nation who's national pastime is knife fighting.

>Morakniv, the official knife of the nation who's national pastime is knife fighting.

That would be Finland. Mora is from Sweden.

>I'd personally get a stainless
I can confirm that my carbon steel Mora is rusted to shit - but it still holds a great edge. I use the Mora more than a lot of knives that I have that cost 10 times as much.

It's a fucking sharp piece of metal. Fixed blade knife threads serve literally no purpose.

The design is originally Finnish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puukko

Tell me that's not the same basic design.

Stainless takes and holds an edge like shit. Too hard. Go with carbon, just take care of your blade is all. You wouldn't let your guns get wet and just sit in the holster would you?

Hi knife thread, please judge if I'm a faggot or not

>be me texas college poorfag, 18 yo
>parents were huge libtards, never let me anywhere near guns as a kid
>state law doesn't allow concealed/open carry until age 21
>decide my best bet is to edc an auto knife to make my walk through nog territory a little more comfortable
>buy pic related for some $230 at a gun store
Did I do good?

forgot pic

Attached: stab.png (858x940, 413K)

Moras are very good knives for the money. They are borderline great knives overall. Their shit handles takes away from it.

You got ripped off. Benchmade charges for the name, these days.

Best knife for the money and does everything you need a knife to do.
XD

I'd believe it. I'm a newfag to all things Jow Forums so I was expecting as much. What are comparable knives to this at a reasonable price?

The design may be Finnish, but we don't consider Moras to be puukkos here.

It’s useful but mostly because you can beat the fuck out of it, and then buy a new one when it breaks

How about the mora bushcrafting knives l, or are they all pretty rugged outdoors knives?

The only other knife I own is an opinel 8

So that's why the sheath looks like a dildo.

I'm an american studying abroad in Germany recently had a Czech commie give me this thing while drinking in a German bar. Not sure if the brand is any good, but the thing only weighs like 1.5 ounces. Sadly its gotta comply with EU laws and shit so I can't one hand open it. If ya want the story I'll post it.

Attached: IMG_20180811_221300.jpg (4160x3120, 3.56M)

I like my mora, but I don't think I'll use it enough to know how easy it is to trash.

>Seriously is this a joke
A knife like that, and that one picture related would look as a joke from people that don't actually use knives in a part of their daily routine or outdoors.

A knife is a fucking knife - a sharp metal bar that has to cut trough stuff as a tool, be it food, wood, rope, animal, or enemy, to do the work you want.
Spending a fuckton of money into bullshit pieces of steel boasting meme features is just sand in the eyes for people that think that throwing money gets them an advantage on something that probably won't be much better than a Morakniv or Opinel would in their task.

I'd never spend gun money into a knife because some company tells me that I'll win at the universe with their steel paid like silver.

Attached: opinel_7vri.jpg (2996x1558, 642K)

user, I literally mentioned an opinel 8 earlier in the thread and countless user have opinels. We're asking about morass here

those 5 dollar gas station folding tantos with the assisted open, seatbelt cutter and glass breaker. Bonus points if it has a beer logo on it.

its the Jow Forums approved poorfag innawoods knife
I got one because of here.
got more than its use out of it. beat it to hell. always held up. never let me down.

get a mora clipper. you wont regret it.

Attached: knife guide.jpg (1125x2000, 855K)

They're not amazing knives that shit on everything else, but for $10 they're pretty damn good.

Pick your pleasure fags.

Attached: IMG_2002.jpg (1600x1200, 358K)

Le it's just steel no differences between knives XD
You're fine if you want sell it and get a griptillian or a spyderco

>Le it's just steel no differences between knives XD
My best bet is that difference isn't enough, in real word performance produced between knives, to justify gun money for a steel piece; but whatever people want to throw their money into.

By the sharpened metal logic it's the same shit as saying a gun is a piece of pipe. Yeah there's a point where there are diminishing returns but paying more up until like $150 will get you more.

An Opinal is a seriously sharp knife with provincial charm. If you are on a 1st date picnic with a 3D woman, you can cut fruit, cheese, ect, and open the artery of the irritating panhandling homeless with ease.

You, sir, are a retarded person

Self defence with a knife is a meme. Get pepper spray.

>just take care of your blade is all.
If I took care of it then I would have waxed the blade against corrosion. I bought one of the stainless ones for someone else. We'll see how well it holds an edge.

Nah it's good as long as you have a proper knife.

No, its not and person with pepper spray > person with knife

>stainless holds an edge like shit
Agree
>because it's to hard
Whut? Troll or are you legit retatded?

So keep in mind for self defence tier it goes
>gun
>backup gun
>second backup
>a little . 22 revolver
>a long ish blunt object (baton, ect.)
>pepper spray
>a bright flashlight
>anything improvised with some reach(nearby chair, umbrella, ect)
>knife*
>a short blunt object (knukles/minor in
>folding knife
>hand to hand
The knife* has a separate tier list, for a dedicated self defence blade it must AT LEAST have:
>fixed blade
>full tang
>minimum 6" blade length
>no serrations
> a drop or clip point
So you dropping hundreds on a letter opener was a bad choice faggot. I know you're gonna spew Texan shitshow commie knife laws at me, dont.
maybe move to a more gun and knife friendly state, and less of the comifornia of the south.

It is fine as long as you aren't one of the 5 anti knife schizophrenics who thing the knife will magically leave your hand.

their knife laws very recently improved. If I recall correctly, open carry swords are allowed even.

>Stainless takes and holds an edge like shit. Too hard
That's fuddlore from the 1970s when stainless steel for knives wasn't as developed as it is today. We've got stainless steel super steels that will hold an edge longer than your basic bitch carbon steel for days.

Steels are a trade-off between different properties. There's so many different alloys out there today that the only blanket statement you can safely make is "stainless steel resists rust better than carbon steel."

Good shit I own a couple in several different steels I love how lightweight they are. And if you get a good steel. They are fantastic every day carry

>full tang
full tangs are overrated

There's a ton of combat blades that used hidden tangs. Hell even the tangs of a lot of swords are hidden or half length tangs, and they saw a lot more use for combat than whatever "combat knives" most people carry nowadays.

> a drop or clip point
People have killed each other with tons of different blade shapes than those

Moras are the real deal there space cowboy.

Gonna be running a few of these through the edgepro I just had come in

Attached: E2942CBC-E097-465E-AFF4-21F593A958A0.jpg (3874x2906, 2.08M)

how do you like that Jarosz knife?Thinking about getting that or the globetrotter

need some advice guys

i am from a country where guns are illegal and i was wanting a knife for home protection/self defense in case of a burglar. I was going to get an Ontario 18inch machete or a cold steel latin machete 24inch. Problem is i do not think a machete is good for the house in close spaces as you need to swing it and there may not be enough room to swing such as corridors, plus you have to hack and i was looking for a hacking and stabbing weapon

i have seen this online and wanted to know if it was good for home defense, its 18 inches long and can slash and stab, plus its very cheap around 25 dollars or less. I know its not the best quality but its stainless steel. Is this a good knife for my needs or does it seem like those knives where it won't work well and may even break ?

and yes i know it looks silly but i guess the intimidation factor may scare away thieves, plus i don't have a big budget

Attached: _89038447_zombie-killer_met.jpg (624x351, 20K)

While this isnt the worst list, and I only know about the inna woods knives, its not the best list. for one an Esee 4 is maybe better than a mora companion and costs atleast 5 times as much, is not in any world better than a mora bushcraft which costs as low as 30 without any extras. And now Mora has the garberg which makes any outdoors knife around 100 dollars obselete in the same size range, especially the falknivens. the TOPS are good knives, but I would take, a LT wright or a Bark river over them.

Also also Benchmade has a new Puukko in CPM3v steel coming out for 145, which for that steel is super cheap.

6/10 kind of a waste of trips

What do you consider gun money? a bark river in super steel is 220-260, and there arent really better knives that arent pieces of art or handmade? And this price range is pretty normal good Enzos, or bradfords are in the same 200-300 range.

i am serious man, if not that zombie knife, what machete/knife would you recommend ?

It's dated but there is a lot wrong with this.
Not him but just get a short bat or baton. If you really want something bladed get a cheapo machete like tramontina and it'll be a good tool too if not that get a Schrade/old timer or other cheap brand bowie knife with a large blade. Stabbing is better than chopping also rule of thumb is avoid zombie branded trash.

Just get a well reviewed knife, like a SRK by coldsteel, or a Gerber Strongarm. Both of those are a good length with extremely grippy handles, arent expensive and look pretty intimidating.

are those knives good at stabbing and i hear bad things regarding gerber
>rule of thumb is avoid zombie branded trash.
i know its stupid and tacky but is there something wrong with the actual blade, is the steel not good or something ?

Yeah but can you baton with it?

mmmm, ya a mediocre steak knife because its thin will be best at stabing. Like honestly thing so really need to be very sharp to stab. Its cutting where sharpness matters.

Ya i think the strongarm is gerber realizing they have been shit lately. Becuase it is good and good for the price too.

>full tang

meme

>Ya i think the strongarm is gerber realizing they have been shit lately. Becuase it is good and good for the price too.
i was going to buy the gerber gator machete until i read the reviews, no full tang so it breaks, sawback which does not work and the blade will become bent after a single use

There's a reason the things are so cheap. The steel is likely to bend or break if you actually used it as a machete, as well as being an absolutely retarded shape for any practical purpose. The shitty paracord wrap doesn't offer a comfortable or secure grip, and the thing has cutouts for no reason so it can break more easily and be too light to function properly.

Yes, the specifically designed the robust and the garberg to baton. It is not knife abuse. They were designed for it. They wont insure the companion or bushcraft for it. The handles are just too cheap, the blade wont break though if your doing it right.

any knife that can’t baton is just garbage

>Not him but just get a short bat or baton.
the reason i want a knife is because i have been home invaded before by a man with a machete so a bat or baton won't scare someone like that away

If your house is getting broken into by niggers with machetes you need to buy a shotgun.

i see your point no pun intended

would the ontario military machete be any good for stabbing if i sharpened the tip ? are machetes even good at stabbing or is it difficult to do ?

>The steel is likely to bend or break if you actually used it as a machete
i heard its made by anglo arms so its a good company and you are wrong about it bending or breaking, i have seen the youtube vids of it being torture tested by swinging it at a mannequin head made to resemble a real head with blood bone flesh etc and it did not bend or break

Get a cheap axe. You can turn it around to bludgeon or just split their skull, your choice. It is also easy to use without any skill

batoning is for troglodytes

yes but i need to be able to stab aswell as swinging in tight corridors can get it stuck in a wall

An actual machete isn't going to be great for stabbing. Not only are they not really the best shape, they're heavy. Better off buying a large tanto or something if you want to stab people. Hell, buy a fucking spearhead and go find a rake handle for it.

hurrr duurrr people enjoy things I dont.

>spear

Oooh, this is a good idea. No need to swing, just stick him and hold him at a distance

Not an argument

Not to mention the sheer shock factor of breaking into a dude's house only to see him brandishing a spear and screaming about defending the Holy Land.

You didnt make an argument you asshole all you did was insult people same as me. If you want to actually make a point, then I can rebut it. But if your just going to be a retard then I have no reason to do anything but insult you. And have fun batoning with all my knives designed for it.

Hook will catch on to shit and knife will be useless. And hacking away at an opponent is a shit way to kill someone. (Without a dedicated blade for this purpose) You need to stab them.

If they're in your house and don't give a shit if you're there already scaring them won't matter because they won't give a shit. You want reach, bat or spear is the best idea.
Still going to be worse because of shit blade geometry and meme design Tha compromises integrity for the sake of aesthetics.

Get a froe retard, knives aren't axes. Anything thick enough to baton is too thick to be good at cutting. But I guess if you are just playing around with toys do whatever you want, manchild.

these zombie knives are banned now in the U.K. but its hilarious because to make them legal all you have to do is make the paracord a darker colour and get rid of that green zombie symbol on the blade

Hmmm I guess all the videos of people skinning animals or carving with bark rivers, or TOPS, are just all fake. Because then they turn around an baton with them. I am sorry again that you are so upset that modern steels are not shit, and are capable of batoning with no problem, and still be shaving sharp.

yeah that zombie knife is only good at stabbing, i don't think hacking with it is any good as its not thick enough but if you did slash at them you will cut them but unlike a machete it wont slice their arm off, will however cause lots of blood loss

And yet, still inferior to a thinner blade

I am sorry but how many thin blades are their in super steels? And shitty folders dont count youll break those doing camp chores. But ya find me a blade in CPM3v, Elmax, K390 or any other super steel that isn't designed to baton. You wont, because any knife made in those steels even using old ass designs, like lets say a classic bowie knife or puukko is then perfectly capable of batoning. Why, because the shit steel they had then compared to now meant any good outdoors knife was already thick.

>people have killed brown bears with .22s
>.22s are adequate for bear defence

Rock kill more man then sharp
Rock is all needed for defend
Grug say rock best

Grug talk like one that like watch dark-skin do mating dance with his breeder
We should have anything chieftain have; rock, sharp or heavy.

I unironically prefer an oldschool Collins machete with a wooden handle to any of that crap. The handle is more comfortable and the steel does the job.

Well mine was super stiff and it's full of shit inside. How did you fix it?

i have one and its awesome. its only like $8 so you got nothing to lose trying it. is it the toughest knife in the world? no! is it good enough to do 99% of your daily tasks? yes! it gets a razor sharp edge and holds it for fucking days

They're tits and you can get five of them for the cost of one mediocre stainless folder. The carbon is the correct choice for a Jow Forums autist because we know to oil the things, except obviously this faggot Unless you're an ar-15 motor oil tard. Look up any knife general on /out/ if you want to see a good survey of the brand choices.

moras are nearly indestructible, there is tons of videos on youtube them being whacked through bricks with hammers.

you can even baton a kitchen knife or an opinel if you want. just about any knife unless you go full retard. and if you do go full retard you can break any blade. temperature is also a great concern for hc blades. near or under freezing point they become a lot more brittle than at room temperature.

See
I agree with him. Stainless has come long way, and Mora's stainless steal seem to hold an edge just fine. They take a bit longer to sharpen but thats almost it. Go look up some of the comparrisons on the internet. There's plenty of youtube videos of people having a hard time telling the difference in the stainless and non-stainless' ability to hold egde.

good and accessible knives here. +1 for esee

You are right. A blade with a handle, very similar indeed.

i have ordered an OKC 22 inch machete, i was wondering is it possible to pierce/stab with its tip or does it need to be sharpened ?

jason voorhees usually stabs with his ontario machete

does a 22 inch sawback version exist ?