>be me
>have unique gun idea that one day I would like seen sold in stores
>don't even know where to start on getting it patented or made

Attached: old feels.png (704x739, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YvRROhfw-ZU
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Start with a wooden mock up and make technical drawing from it. Then make a working model. Work out the kinks and then file your patents

The Internet. But not here, search engines n' shit.

Rent or buy a CNC machine expensive as fuck tho, make several prototypes, if it looks good patent it, consider selling patent to a gun company if it's good enough, or try and float your own boat and make your own small company. Need to be a richfag to do most of this though.

Ask yourself if it's practical. I have an idea for a delay-blowback mechanism that I think is nifty, but probably not worth producing outside of hobbying. Even if it is practical, I'd still treat it as a hobby (money/time sink) and have fun with it.

Do a patent, I don't know the process but getting a patent for your design is a good start

>Ask yourself if it's practical.
Is that what the guy who made the Pancor Jackhammer said?

Attached: 1519335245274.jpg (1053x1054, 1.22M)

>Unique gun idea.
So not another AR-15? Please not another AR-15.

Seriously, why does no one make AR-18s, FNCs, or some SIG design? I'd like a little more variety in rifles.

Attached: 1529269377620.png (403x373, 55K)

>Doesn't know the steps to designing and making a new thing
>Wojak posting
Bullshit, you have no unique ideas. It's probably some bullshit that's already been done 17 times over. Go do something with your life.

So, give us as many details as possible.
I know you won’t outright tell us, but at least tell us something, so we could decide if you should try the patent process.

Original ideas dont exist. Your idea has been thought up a hundred times already and has already been implemented to some degree or scrapped because it wasn't viable.

I don't give a fuck who patents this just make it happen so it can exist already

.410/45lc mad max pistol

this would be like printing money

Attached: maxx.jpg (620x465, 16K)

>be idiot
>be think am have good idea
>too stupid to research patent law/metallurgy/mechanical engineering/investments or business
>shitpost on Jow Forums

Your idea sucks.

Attached: 1518314749442.png (977x713, 1.1M)

guys, when can we get a muzzle-loading AR-15?

its preferably a rifle that holds 100 rounds without using a drum mag

Already exists. No one wants it.

I'll never understand how one man can be so disgusting looking

Oh look he's inventing the lmg guys

Reminder from your friendly defense contractor: designs for weaponry are export controlled. Do not share your designs with non-U.S. persons wherever located or you’ll get your poo pushed in under ITAR or EAR

fuck off mutt, this is Jow Forums where we share everyhing

google is your friend
youtube.com/watch?v=YvRROhfw-ZU

>be you
>your idea is either unimaginative
>already thought of
>or based on technology that will never exist

>Already exists. No one wants it.
Why?

If you have proper technical drawings there are plenty of small shops that make prototypes, it’s really not worth it to try to teach yourself how to run a CNC machine for a few prototype pieces

Do you hate your wrist?

In the real world of product patienting your gonna need to do the following.
---Make a non disclosure agreement (nda)---
It's not hard nor do u have to a lawyer. Just make sure whoever you work with signs it's then get it notarized so you can sue if they steal your idea.

---draw a technical write up---
Write out on paper how it's gonna look and what it's gonna do. In engineering it's best to draw it from 4 angels. Front, top, front, and corner that uses all of those (birds eye sort of)

---find a gunsmith to build the prototype--
You also are gonna want to talk to them before getting ur CAD model done so they can tell you what's possible and what is not. Also there are many different types of CNC machines that take different CAD files so your gonna what is compatible. Most of the time they have someone what will do it for you and work with you. If not though and it happens believe me try the next step because it's also alot cheeper.

Attached: e440aff8c81abe3b8b14c9e19dfd986e.jpg (736x751, 73K)

---hire someone for the legal CAD renderings---
This part is normally way to difficult to just do by your self so don't get stuck trying to learn CAD.
Your gonna need this for both ur patent and the prototype.
There are many different ways to go about this.
A. If your already working with a patient lawyer he will refer you to someone
B. Hire someone online from a company to Craigslist list there every we're and students will do it for practically free
C. Some people use a site that let's people who know how to CAD compete for to see who can make it the best. It's very good for multiple sources and good results but then your ideal is out in the open to be stolen because u can't give everyone to sign a NDA.
I'm personally luckly my brother is going to school for animation so I force him to do it for cheap.
There are some people that will tell you not to do this but trust me not only are you gonna have to pay for it when making the prototype. Also if u turn in hand written drawings to the patient office your chances off getting that approved is slim to none.

---try the prototype then patient---
Once the gunsmith makes your idea you can then try it out then go through the patient prossess. They say you need a lawyer but they are super expensive and unessassary when you learn to do it your self. All they do is look up the idea to see if it's been done then they write up your idea and send it in. Lawers are great if you have the money because they know how to get around the burocricy and bullshit of the patient offices. So that is up to you.

---lastly eather build this into a business or sell or lease the idea to a manufacturer. then make $$$ and make the gun work a better place with your invitation.