Revolvers have no purpose in self defense

Revolvers have no purpose in self defense.
Anyone risking carrying a revolver is no more equipped than someone using a flintlock pistol.

Attached: FACT.png (550x400, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/783704131
youtube.com/watch?v=UZsber37rKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Counterpoint: They are 5-7x times as prepared as someone using a flintlock.

Counter point.
>snubby .44 mag

False more like 8 to 12 time.

Attached: rev.jpg (1800x769, 116K)

Revolvers allow you to use longer cartridges without having a grip that feels like a 2 liter soda bottle.

Fact: OP is a massive faggot

Revolvers are great for pocket carry fags. They can make for some fine /out/ guns

Counterpoint: OP is king of faggots

Counterpoint: Having a revolver, or any gun, is better than being a nogunz faggot OP

FACT, this is why no one takes Jow Forums serious. It's /b/ with instruments of destruction

Attached: fact 2.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Attached: 1527598543411.jpg (640x360, 53K)

Attached: 1534750241165-k.png (200x304, 42K)

EVIDENCE: OP pushing his claim for the faggot throne

dont care

A flintlock will still kill a man. What’s your point?

>FACT, this is why no one takes Jow Forums serious.
FACT, this is the most desireable state of affairs, and should continue.

Attached: 1531259500065m.jpg (1024x772, 125K)

FACT: OP is baiting

OP needs to ask Texas Red how useless a revolver is.

Attached: 1532475407186.jpg (1080x775, 138K)

>Implying you can stop me with your pantywaste .38 special before I put a gigantic fucking 65 gauge hole in your brainpan

Flintlock SD is objectively superior to revolver SD

*65 cal.

OP isn't wrong. Revolvers fall into the same category as shotguns--the missing link between flintlock muskets and modern firearms.

.38 caliber snubby revolvers in particular have been obsolete since the .380 cartridge, and reliable handguns thinner and flatter than any revolver, with superior magazine capacity and usually vastly better triggers, were created around 115 years ago.

This is not to say that someone with a revolver isn't capable of killing someone, or that I'd willingly stand in front of one.

You can kill someone with a flintlock blunderbuss too. Does that make it a good choice in the present day? I wouldn't stand in front of a piss-filled supersoaker. Does that make it appropriate for self-defense, when better tools are available?

>Implying your shitty pirate gun will work after I spray you with my garden hose
Get off my lawn neckbeard

>Revolvers are great for pocket carry

Attached: laughingwhores.jpg (446x400, 134K)

they are arguably the only non derringer gun you can unload with while its still in your jacket pocket. You similarly dont need a holster to pocket carry a revolver, only a trigger stop or one of those plastic things that go around the trigger guard. So the moment the nogs shady behavior begins the gun is literally already pointing at their gut but they dont even know you have it.

If its competing with an arguably less reliable single stack with 7 rounds, how is that a purely worse choice? Merely wanting less controls (point an shoot) would justify using a revolver over having ONE more round.

I just knew someone would pipe up about being able to shoot it through your pocket, like the guys in the private eye movies from the 1940s.

Doesn't that make it a little difficult to see your front sight? Or do you mean this is "for close range only," meaning you have to let Rastus get within knife distance before you can be sure pulling the trigger will accomplish anything but setting your coat on fire?

Also,

>arguably less reliable

I'm going to need some evidence of this. Properly maintained semiautos have mean times between failures of tens of thousands of rounds. Revolvers, especially early 20th Century designs dependent upon lots of hand-fitted leaf springs, go out of time. Parts break.

Do you also not trust that thar new-fangled smokeless powder, or primers that don't have mercury fulminate in them?

>the gun is literally already pointing at their gut but they dont even know you have it.
Except for the jacket/pants sagging to one side from the five pound weight in your pocket.

>implying shotguns are obsolete

For everything but hunting ducks and durr, and fudd games with clay targets, they are, and have been since the advent of pistol-caliber SMGs about a century back. And the modern selective-fire intermediate-caliber rifles that appeared about sixty years ago do everything SMGs did, but better.

>but muh state fish and game laws that mandate a shotgun

Okay, Elmer.

awwww.... did OP fall for the mag dump meme?
I don't give a shit if you have 17 rounds in your mag, you can't miss fast enough to stop a bad guy
learn to shoot and learn to reload properly and a revolver is as good as any semi-auto for self defense

So basically you admit they are the best weapon for the majority practical use of firearms in the modern day (hunting) but not as good for larping and safe queensmanship

>its impossible to jacket carry without being noticeable

You are just an idiot. Think before you speak

Attached: 1492327326684.jpg (685x474, 62K)

Posting my faggot gun in a faggot thread. Pure pottery.

Attached: 100_2440.jpg (2048x1536, 621K)

>muh durr huntan
>muh chasin clay targets
>muh fish & game laws that say I have to use 19th Century technology

The rest of us only intend to "go hunting" when/if we hear glass breaking at two o'clock in the morning. Niggers shoot back. Deer don't.

Fire blue your screws and you will have a decent looking gun.

Self defense against a brown bear or a moose i’d rather have a .454 revolver than any other hand gun.

You're a fag if you don't like shooting clays.

I saw you made it on a yankee stream. Kudos user. Model?

Boring thread that happens every other day
FACT

Except that .38spl has more reliable penetration and expansion than .380?

gunbroker.com/item/783704131

more than the .380 and the 9mm
the gap between 9mm and .38spl is pretty small though

Especially these days as there are some very good bullets out for .38spl in standard and +p. Buffalo bore's standard pressure soft lead load is fucking disgusting. I would not want to get shot with it. In the +p realm the new HSTs are tits.

youtube.com/watch?v=UZsber37rKU

Here's your (You)

Attached: semiautovsrevolver.jpg (500x587, 86K)

Your wasting your time anons, 80% of Jow Forums has never gone outside or held a real firearm in person which is why threads like this exist, you can't argue with a blind man about the color of the sky

>We now return to OP's Subjective Opinions

Fact, a shotgun has the highest rate of single rounds stopping the threat.
Applaud this man.

OP isn't wrong.

In competition, where people shoot for money and prizes, when they have courses set up where the shooters must engage multiple targets rapidly, how many participants use wheelguns when it isn't mandated by the rules?

HINT: Even Team S&W has been using polymer framed striker fired pistols for about 25 years now.

Because there are no rules when Jamal holds you up with a shitty 25 and you hand him a pocket holster 38 to the face. Or just through your jacket pocket repeatedly at contact shot range because life gets that up close and personal sometimes.

Attached: 1364007118621.png (382x597, 237K)

If you let Jamal close enough to stab you, you deserve it.

HINT: polymer hand guns are cheaper to make so there's a much larger profit margin for the gun maker

there are high level IPSC shooters that use revolvers
they aren't as common but they do get medals in national level matches
the gap in usefulness between a semi and a revolver is there, it's just a lot narrower that most Jow Forumsomandos think it is

You mean "one guy, Jerry Miculek, can do amazing things with a revolver that kinda sorta almost let him compete with any random guy from the Wednesday night IPSC matches down at Rio Salado."

There is something to be said for situational awareness. But Murphy is a mother fucker.

Attached: 1532840896247.gif (283x149, 3.56M)

What self defense situations requires 17 plus rounds?
Your just using it to shoot a mugger at most, your not gonna get jumped by 14 people.

>not knowing muggers, armed robbers, rapists and other criminal scum sometimes work with a partner or two
But seriously it is not unrealistic to prepare for two-three threats. Now groups larger than 5 or 6 are basically unheard of short of a riot, but 2 or 3 is entirely possible.

OP specifically said defensive use.

Even then I don't see it, all you need is just 2 44. rounds and they're both dead, and in less time (probably).

Assuming both shots not only hit the person you shoot at, but score central nervous system hits on your targets, yes. Police accuracy during gun fights is notoriously bad, and sources vary a lot but a lot of them claim around a 50% hit rate for shootings within five feet. Your two rounds for two people turn into four instantly. When you start upping that past ten feet you are usually looking at percentages in the low teens depending on the study. You might need the entire cylinder to HIT one man. Not guarantee him stopping immediately, but just hitting him. Now to be fair, your shooting skills might be a lot better than the average cop (It's not that difficult) but under stress things get more difficult.

given the cops I've seen at the range, I believe it
I have seen cops getting ready for annual quals at my local range just shoot absolute garbage
as a side note, when semis came on the scene police shooting rates fell

> when semis came on the scene police shooting rates fell

Giv Proofs

There’s a reason French and Japanese Municipal police have the highest standards for marksmanship and both still use S&W style revolvers or domestic ones

You can’t miss fast enough to hit

google, faggot
all the bullshit in this thread and no one says shit
I put something up and it's "papers please"
fuckin' keyboard patriots

.38 SW buffalo bore ammo wiill knockdown anyone. Ive killed a deer w my snubby from

>waaah you called me out I don’t have any papers don’t send me back over the wall señor!

The burden of proof lies on you nigger so cough it up or sit down

hunting with a snub?
0_o
you were really cocky that day

so you larp

Don't fotget they look better in court.

Texan. I needed to know if it would so the job. This year i will take one or more w my new 5.7

>.38spl
>5.7
you're not hunting, you're getting the deer to larp as niggers

Attached: pepelaughing.png (573x509, 173K)

Why did you shoot a deer with a snub nose?

Name one semi-auto pistol round that matches pic related in raw power.

Attached: 6318107_01_raging_bull_6_454_in_black_sta_640.jpg (640x480, 72K)

i wanted to try something else. Ultimate rush. I hunt in a really brushy, hilly area of west tx and concealment and wind play a major factor and basically its a lot more challenging than sniping them out of a box blind, which i still do mostly.

Sorta.
Got it specifically for pigs and coyotes when im on the tractor moving hay and such.

Fact: People who like Family Guy let niggers fuck their moms.

did you know that's why Elmer Keith developed the .44mag?
his loads were 1200ft/sec rather than 1400ft/sec

I did not know that. Love that round though, have several.

yah, here my take on his pet load
245gr semi wadcutter (lyman #429421), 11gr Unique, large magnum pistol primer
I get a little over 1200ft/sec and 800ft/lbs out of mine
soft recoil, flat shooting, and incredibly accurate

Oh yes a 200 gr bullet at 800 fps that is slow to fire is terrifying.

Not who your responding to but obviously semi auto is very reliable when shot normally, the issue is if you get in a fight for your life the slide knocking into something after firing is more likely to temporarily take your gun out of action than the chance a spring will go out on a revolver.

>inb4 autistic screeching
I carry an auto, but to pretend that's not the intended argument is dumb.

Shotguns have the greatest effective first hit lethality of any modern small arm, barring an armored target.

what about auto revolvers

>five pound weight
Are you pocket carrying a fucking Walker?

>posting a photo from family guy
kill yourself asap

Attached: 1531544036358.jpg (622x767, 73K)

I'd like to wager that most assailants you'd encounter would also be deterred by a super soaker filled with piss

Maybe even better than a revolver due to capacity

>mfw saving up piss jugs and letting it ferment for years as my choice SD biological weapon
>mfw this probably violates the Geneva convention or some shit

Attached: hqdefault.jpg.cf.jpg (480x360, 51K)

>revolvers have no purpose in self defense
>most encounters between an assailant and cc holder is close range
>.357 has the highest number of one shot drops in these encounters
Okay retard.

Attached: F84A0149-2B3B-446D-B0D2-CF201D0A4C40.png (741x568, 43K)

Find me a .357 mag in a handgun that doesn't look stupid and isn't twice the size of a compact wheelgat and I'll consider it

HOW ARE YOU GONNA FIT THAT SHIT IN YOUR FUCKING PANTS YOU RETARD! He said self defense. Unless you chop off your dick and balls to make room there's no way that would fit.

>Self defense
>Has to be CC'd

You probably abide by those "no weapons allowed in this business" signs too don't you faggot?

>that is slow to fire
Underaged high school fudd detected.

double action revolvers aren't that slow. And in a fire fight, the assailant is going to be high tailing it out the door, you don't need some fully automatic mac10 like you're a Basketball American

Breddy impressed with my new 30+yr old Taurus model 80. Lock up is solid and the action is really nice. Gonna have to do something about the sights though...nickle on nickle is probably the worst thing ever. Prob gonna paint the front orange and use sight black or maybe black paint on the rear.

Attached: 100_2463.jpg (2048x1536, 546K)

Maybe I don't want the fucking police on my dick, retard. Have fun explaining to the 45 y/o soccer mom holding the hands of her two kids that what you're doing is completely legal before she spazzes out. Also have fun being the first one shot in an armed robbery.

Never reveal your power level.

gfto kid
18years or older
to post here

I was saying recoil wise nigger. A 200gr at 800fps from a snubbie 44mag will recoil more than a 200gr from a g29.

You must be 18 to post here.

I've had this conversation except it was a BHP vs a Glock 20

The shoulder holster conceals all. Here's a .460 for proof of concept.

Attached: 460.jpg (2370x1064, 492K)

a .44 mag would be about 1100ft/sec with a 240gr bullet in a snub
that's somewhere in the ballpark of 700ft/lbs getting there in .04 seconds at 15yards

FACT: revolvers make me feel like a cowboy