Derpdot

>get first red dot
>decide on a poorfag one
>sig romeo 5
>"dot" looks like a potato

Do I have astigmatism or have I done goofed up by buying the cheapest one?

Attached: 5YaaqKn.jpg (2311x2164, 531K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/07/06/the-more-you-know-astigmatism/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Look through the dot, turn the optic 360 slowly if the distortion looks the same as when you stated welcome to the wonderful world of astigmatism. If the distortion turns with the optic it's in the glass.

Look at the dot through an aperture. If it cleans up then it's your eyes that are lumpy.

Probably both - not that it matters cause all of SIG’s optics are made in China dog shit

Yup, it's me.
Womp womp

It's going on a 9mm AR anyhow

If you see the dot like the image you posted but gets distorted when you move it, it’s the glass.

If you see Idaho’s finest, your eyes suck. I have astigmatism, too so it’s no big deal. I see more of a star shape than a crisp dot. I still use an aimpoint just like any other person though. If it really bothers you, look at the dot through the rear sight. It clears it up a good bit.

God speed OP

What helps pop up your backup sight look through that, clears it up, Also polarized sunglasses,
And the best glass for people with astigmatism is Prismatic Optics.

>JUST AS GOOD
poorfags BTFO yet again

Attached: 1510402811695.jpg (400x460, 15K)

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/07/06/the-more-you-know-astigmatism/

I got a Holosun as my first red dot. I though it was trash because of how fuzzy the dot was. Turned out to be my eyes. My next sight was an ACSS prism sight so I could focus it. It works.

>sig rep comes in
>talking about dot sights
>says with a straight face their sights are as good or better than aimpoint
>tell him multiple customers have reported failures to zero, failure of mount locking up, failure to maintain any sort of battery life and optics shattering and collapsing on themselves if dropped off a table
>stares at me and says something about lemons

You fucked up, OP. Get rid of it and buy an aimpoint aco if you're that poor

I returned 3 micro T1 optics, before some body pointed out I may have astigmatism. Did the optic spin test in the store. Yep my eyes are goobered. Made a appointment to see a eye doctor to confirm. 20/20 with a slight astigmatism. Got contacts that help and polarized sunglasses.

Jesus that dot, boy am I glad I didn't go for that one.

Get 1x prisms. Your autistic eyes won’t ruin the dot and you can use them without batteries since the reticle is physically on the glass.
I have the Vortex and the Primary Arms. So far I like the PA one better.

Attached: DDAE8E9C-7FD7-445B-BB19-4D91A4AD710C.jpg (4032x2585, 2.05M)

>buys red dot uses battery
>Shtf happens..batteries run out

Solution buy an etched reticule...

Alot of dots look much better when in sunlight. I bought a Vortex Venom and it looked like ass indoors but out in the daylight the dot was perfect. That being said the absolute best red dot I've ever seen was a $100 Primary Arms that they don't make anymore.

>not having cowitness sights to flip up in said event

Attached: do not want.jpg (300x300, 10K)

Friendly reminder that they are made by vortex.

Time to get the Primary Arms Cyclops

>friend sells me eotech for super cheap
>says it doesnt work and is all blurry
>'well let me test it out'
>look through it and it looks fine, pay him
>weeks later shooting with him, asks me how i fixed it
>'i didnt do anything to it, it looked fine'
His fucking NEET ass never even took it outside or used it to see if it worked. He bought it off ebay and was only looking through it indoors.
I fucking cannot even.