Pacifism in War

Anons, can true peace be attained without fighting? Is it even possible?

Attached: Tobattlewego.gif (400x289, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kb21_qI90pE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

Or is it a fool's dream, held aloft by the inexperienced and unwilling to see life for how it is?

Attached: Whinycunt.jpg (248x242, 28K)

1- I'm trying to discuss what it says in the title, you daft fuck.
2- Announcing Sage or report is a bannable offense. Fuck off.

In which case, fuck off to /his/

no, because no matter how peaceful you are there's eventually going to be some fucking retard that won't listen and will start shit

>can true peace be attained without fighting?
Definitely - it happens when the enemy slaughters you and everyone else that doesn’t hold to their beliefs.

What, do you think that refusing to take up arms against ISIS would defeat them? That’s like the libtards who believe that “No Firearms Permitted” signs stop spree shooters.

Define "true peace" first.

yeah, you just build an arsenal of weapons so fucking horrific it forces people to talk rather than figure out how to survive it and fight through it, didnt really work on the russians though, they were just going to use them like some sort of super-pseudo artillery and send in an armored tank/human meat grinder behind it

Peace is a state and all states are temporary, however that temporary state can only be attained or maintained with the threat of fighting.

Suck my cock, dude.

No. Stop being delusional.
Committed pacifism is a sign of mental illness.

It can be...
...but it won't. If it was easy, it would have been done long, long ago.

ZEON DID NOTHING WRONG

War. War never changes, and neither does my waifu.

Attached: Lucrezia Noin Immobile.jpg (1890x1656, 234K)

>ZEON DINDU NUFFIN, DEY IZ A GUD KOLOKNEE
The survivors and witnesses of a colony drop would like a word with you.

Those unable to kill will always be subject to those who can.

universal basic income, free wifi, legalized drugs, and uncensored Japanese hentai for everyone

>no free dragon dildos
Overthrow this dystopian future!

If you want islam to win, sure.

Look at what happened to the people of the Chatham islands - after generations of warfare, a great chief rose among them and brought peace to their islands. He forbid violence and bloodshed, and for decades they knew peace.

Then a couple Maori tribes hijacked a European trade ship and landed warriors on the island. Where they conquered, enslaved, and in some cases ATE the native inhabitants. Peace is only an option foe isolated groups.

Attached: 1280px-Chatham_Islands_from_space_ISS005-E-15265.jpg (1280x1281, 406K)

No, there are only the three beats of this endless waltz, war, peace, and revolution.

yes but you need an extreme and unjust power imbalance.

>peace

No. The only "peace" is in the grave.

Attached: ron paul-grave.gif (606x423, 467K)

>can true peace be attained without fighting?

Technically, yes...

Attached: gentle_and_peaceful.jpg (221x307, 40K)

You would need some wars to cull the population a bit, but eventually, if you only keep the people that are in agreement with each other alive, the answer is yes.
Not if you illegalize it, lock those people in a cell, and forget to feed them.

>Anons, can true peace be attained without fighting?
Yes.
> Is it even possible?
Death is not only possible, but inevitable.

Attached: giphy.gif (450x450, 3.31M)

“War”
You mean trade deals and alliances to secure resources.

Fuck it, time to pull out my Wing blurays and give it another watch

It sure is! But the question is, who's peace? And that's why it will need to be defended by force of arms

then how the fuck will you arrest them if not with some form of violence???

Attached: 1507441827270.png (769x437, 313K)

>demolition man, the movie, is now reality
youtube.com/watch?v=Kb21_qI90pE

Attached: demolition_man.gif (400x224, 3.99M)

This gif is so sad.. What would've those cops done if the guy had come at them with a knife? All die?

Peace through strength
I like it

Arguably it's easier to get peace without fighting. Realistically you can't kill everyone that is part of the opposition in combat which might mean mass executions which are not practical. Life imprisonment isn't practical either. There is a gigantic legal problem about killing that makes it a less efficient solution than it actual is.

fpbp
/thread

The three beats of
War
Peace
& Revolution
will continue on forever
Much like an Endless Waltz

Attached: endless4.jpg (500x376, 55K)

I want to fuck Relena.

Attached: relenaducking.jpg?i=1.jpg (512x384, 39K)